Mesmer portal bug can't enter

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Put down my portal entrance then went put down an exit it started glowing but I could not enter. No press F to enter appeared. I put the portal down on a staircase so it didn’t come out flat

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

how far away from each other were your entrance and exit?

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

RoRo.8270

how far away from each other were your entrance and exit?

Forest of Nifhel map. Mine node to east staircase by Keep node

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

If you’re over 5,000 range away from Portal Entre when you try to use Portal Exeunt it will still play the visual effect you won’t be able to interact with the portal.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hey Josh, while you’re here please: have a way to check portal distance. Usually you get a red line below the skill slot if you’re too far from target, make it so that the distance difference calculated takes into account the player and portal entre. It should be easy to add…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

RoRo.8270

If you’re over 5,000 range away from Portal Entre when you try to use Portal Exeunt it will still play the visual effect you won’t be able to interact with the portal.

Thanks. I thought before it would just put the portal on cd if you went out of range

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yeah, it’s a pain to measure how far you can place it as there is not any visual feedback or indicator to tell so. Maybe a buff/boon/booster like thing (I don’t know how those icons above skill bar are called) that’s available only while you can place a portal and then vanishes when out of range? Also, why does it play the visual effect when it can’t be used? Why not just making the skill go into cooldown with no effect when triggering it out of range, or maybe denying it to be triggered if out of range? Having it to play the visual effect when out of range and unusable just fools us and leads to things like OP: first guess is it’s bugged instead that it was used at the wrong place.