Graphics after patch 23-02-2016

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

To put things short, after today’s patch the reflection/environmental maps or whatever you call them (I’m not an expert) are weaker on weapons armors and outfits.

In the world, during the night and in the snowy areas, they are almost gone. Contrary to the fact, they always looked the best in certain lack of strong light and on snowy maps.

In the menus like hero panel, equipment preview, they are gone. Asura eyes look like dead fish now.

They seem to reappear in Hall of Monuments, but still weaker than before.

For those who could confirm but not really know what I’m talking about, the effect that caused the environment “reflect” on your shiny armors (sky/horizon line), outfits and and weapons is significantly duller in appearance now. I am not sure of the world itself, something is off, but I can’t put my finger on it.

Confirmed on two different desktops, also I can see this in the video presentations Dulfy just posted. Easily noticeable on armors like human t3 heavy, asura t3 heavy, carapace heavy, globe elements of weapons, auric weapons (though those have their own greenish textures), things made of glass, outfits like crystal arbiter, ceremonial plate, Dwayna’s or Balth’s, golden wings. The remaining specular shine is more iridescent, with the lack of the blue sheen usually represented by the sky “reflected” on the surface of just about anything. Comparing screenshots, it seems like environmental maps are blurrier now, and significantly weaker than before.

PS: No, it’s not my computer.
PS2: Checked on both clients.
PS3: It greatly affects all sylvari looks. Their skin/hair were slightly reflective, now, well, not much.

Edited for punctuation and spelling.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Bump now with screenshots.

Again, what’s mostly affected is the preview menus and the character selection. It’s hard to pick differences in the world, because lighting changes rapidly, including the day/night cycles, which affects my perception on things as well. Kessex, Gendarran, Timberline and HoM are less or unaffected.

Pics on the left/up are “before”, right/below are after the patch.

Attachments:

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)