Instant "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

its cause of the 39 HoM points people were able to cheat and get over the last few days. So Anet shut it down until they can roll back all the cheaters HoM points lol and to stop them from getting skins they didn’t earn.

Actually they just got the achievements , no skins

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

its cause of the 39 HoM points people were able to cheat and get over the last few days. So Anet shut it down until they can roll back all the cheaters HoM points lol and to stop them from getting skins they didn’t earn.

Yes, but if you have enough points you can unlock the skins by going to the merchant in the HOM. This is why it got disabled.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Yes, but if you have enough points you can unlock the skins by going to the merchant in the HOM. This is why it got disabled.

nah .. they got no skin .. if they obtained a portal stone , im pretty sure it was bugged just as everyone else , no one was able to get in HOM physically to visit the merch …

My GW2 account is linked to my Gw1 account , i have 30 pts in HOM , so it mean that i have a legit portal stone , before they disabled it clicking on the stone crashed the game so .. rest assured the ‘’ cheaters ’’ didn’t get any skins. They disabled it because it gave the gwamm title for free and AP achievements chest they didn’t earn.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Posted by: Rehero.7821

Rehero.7821

nah .. they got no skin .. if they obtained a portal stone , im pretty sure it was bugged just as everyone else , no one was able to get in HOM physically to visit the merch …

My GW2 account is linked to my Gw1 account , i have 30 pts in HOM , so it mean that i have a legit portal stone , before they disabled it clicking on the stone crashed the game so .. rest assured the ‘’ cheaters ’’ didn’t get any skins. They disabled it because it gave the gwamm title for free and AP achievements chest they didn’t earn.

They disabled the rewards (as in the merchant doesn’t work and pets are not there) to prevent those people whom have the undeserved points from unlocking the skins. It is obvious they currently have no skins, however they WOULD have skins now if the rewards were not disabled.

I wish the HoM wouldn’t have been bugged but this was a decent damage control move. It shows that they care about rectifying their mistakes and are working on it while preventing any further issues due to rewards being spread. It is feasible to revoke the AP and titles, it would be a nightmare to try to remove the skins/pets as well.

Posted by: Noein.1685

Noein.1685

at this point a rollback isn’t going to happen. it would have already happened. they are likely finding a way to re-verify linked gw1/gw2 accounts hom points and the achievements that pertain to them. i’m betting the people that got the title and achievement points without actually earning it (no matter what the circumstance) will just get them taken away and we will move on with our lives. no perma bans, no rollback, no issues. i think time is the only factor here.

people in my current perdicament are the only ones that are going to suffer from this, as someone who JUST hit 30 hom the day this all went down. i now have to wait for the rest of my skins no runeblade for me for a while, FML.

edit: i do have my closer to the stars title, i have that going for me, which is nice.

That which has no life.

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Please let us know if something is gonna happen soon Anet…

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

they need to do a rollback, just everything has gone wrong since the update

I second this. So much mess has been created by the recent patches makes me wonder; do they even test their updates???

Posted by: Galil.5012

Galil.5012

So the actual state of this seems all who obtained the achievements and points of HoM & GWAMM per bug still have them plus some people who also gotten chests and gems for it also will keep them ?

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Yeah, I understand this wasn’t the highest priority on the long list of things to fix, but an update on how this is going to be resolved would be appreciated nevertheless.

Posted by: Sunshine.9528

Sunshine.9528

Hope it wil be fixed soon, i spended a lot of hours in GW1 to get my rewards.
Now i wanted to get my pets for my new ranger and…… nothing there.

Please fix this soon.

Posted by: bain of man.6857

bain of man.6857

wish i would have known about this before i went and grinded a few more gws1 ach points…. had no idea until i went to HoM to collect my new skins :/

Harrimur.7425

I really hope someone will comment here soon. I also do understand that they have other things to take care of but this is actually a pretty big mistake from their side so I would really appreciate if we get an update soon.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I would really like to finish my racial story achievements and pick up those BL keys from the story since I’m one scrap short to get that GS… I’m “afraid” to create a new character though…

A short but official “you won’t be banned for creating a new character even though you knew of the bug, since it is our fault and creating a new character is a normal process while playing this game” – or something similar – would suffice.

I also wonder if this bug will also be triggered by creating the character for the stress test…?

Posted by: Shmyt.7430

Shmyt.7430

they were saying on a forum, i think it was Massively, that it was fixed already

Harrimur.7425

People still hold that title without earning it. I dont think you need to be worried when creating a new character. Firstly I think it doesnt work anymore. Secondly nothing you can blame people for if a bug like that happens I really dont think they will ban anyone for this cause it was their own fault.
But I would really love to get some feedback if the people that got this title by accident will ever get it removed again. It’s really a big deal in my opinion cause this title was not easy at all to get.

Posted by: Reviera.5183

Reviera.5183

umm? do titles give anything other then a slight name modification? if so then Ide say its a big deal.

Harrimur.7425

Technically they do give AP aswell. But still this title was like one of the most difficult/time-consuming thing to do. Imagine you got WvW-Titles and all of a sudden people get them for free.

Posted by: Reviera.5183

Reviera.5183

Um I dont usually deal with titles as I have no idea what they’re used for. so I wouldnt know how I feel, and AP doesnt mean much to me seeing as Ive never heard of it.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

they were saying on a forum, i think it was Massively, that it was fixed already

Only that you can’t get the title – that was fixed very quickly. But AFAIK, people who got it (and the other achievements) still have it.

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

Oh god kitten it… I just finished getting 10 HoM points for my fire sword and can’t get it!

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

HoM is disabled too. Just farmed up my 10 HoM points for the fire sword and can’t get it. Pretty mad actually… Idc about titles but I earned that god kitten sword.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

HoM is disabled too. Just farmed up my 10 HoM points for the fire sword and can’t get it. Pretty mad actually… Idc about titles but I earned that god kitten sword.

Photon, I hope you and all the other GW1 patrons get your due justice… and soon! I’m sure Anet shut down the HoM as a damage control measure, just like they did with disabling golems in WvW when it was exploitable.

Try to hang in there for your fire sword. I’m doing the same regarding the issue with ranger pets presently not being able to be set to avoid combat. Perhaps we’ll both see some fixes this week.

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: JigSaw.8712

JigSaw.8712

This wait is starting to annoy me…

Noein.1685

i agree………why is my luck always like this. i finally hit 30 and this kitten happens. PLEASE FIX THIS.

That which has no life.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

At this point in time, I doubt it will ever be resolved. For sure it wont happen again, but playing devils advocate why would they spend developer time and effort on something that affects only a small (and dwindling) number of players?

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

At this point in time, I doubt it will ever be resolved. For sure it wont happen again, but playing devils advocate why would they spend developer time and effort on something that affects only a small (and dwindling) number of players?

I don’t know if it will be resolved (it should be), but are you implying that there aren’t many GW1 players playing GW2? Because i have seen quite a lot actually.

Also, Arenanet tends to fix things on some arbitrary basis, sometimes it’s enough if only one person says something and they do it, other times even a big uproar remains unheeded.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

I don’t know if it will be resolved (it should be), but are you implying that there aren’t many GW1 players playing GW2? Because i have seen quite a lot actually.

Also, Arenanet tends to fix things on some arbitrary basis, sometimes it’s enough if only one person says something and they do it, other times even a big uproar remains unheeded.

I’m not saying anything, the devil’s advocate is I’m sure there are many thousands of GW1 players who play GW2. Just that a smaller number of them have GWAMM and are affected by this.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

bain of man.6857

this doesnt just effect people and their gwamm titles, this effects everyone who has unlocked even 1 HoM reward, since we can no longer access the vendor. for some of us this is serious enough to not even play the game til they fix it. me personally, i’ve only logged in to see if its working, find out its not, do my dailies and log out. and hey anet, if you DON’T fix the vendor soon, i’ll find another mmo to play that WILL respect the time i put into it.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I’m sure there are many thousands of GW1 players who play GW2. Just that a smaller number of them have GWAMM and are affected by this.

Directly affected, perhaps. But it sets a terrible precedent on exploits, and de-values the entire HoM concept. Plus, I think fixing it is straightforward – maybe not ‘easy’, but do-able.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Maybe it wasnt a good idea to get some extra HoM points when I saw this, can’t access vendor ;D

hey anet, if you DON’T fix the vendor soon, i’ll find another mmo to play that WILL respect the time i put into it.

Your threats have no effect, AN wont care that you leave, none here will.

bain of man.6857

good to know that 7 yrs on gws1 and almost 2 on gws2 means nothing, and btw i really dont care if anyone else on here cares or not, k? thx

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Of course it will get resolved. This doesn’t affect future GW1 players alone; it affects everyone who linked accounts at any time.

• Players who had GWAMM and HoM scores are disgruntled because something they had to earn was accidentally given to others for ‘free’.
  • Players who only recently acquired either are unable to access their rewards.

It’s only been a week since it got bugged and ANet has had other issues to deal with (including preparing for the HOT stress test). And this is a particular nasty issue to unravel. It requires solving the root cause, but also undoing all the accidental changes to people’s titles/wardrobes, without also doing something to the people who were entitled to those rewards. The coding might be simple; the testing will not be.

In addition, while this issue is more upsetting to those affected than other problems, it doesn’t actually prevent progress in the game or make content super difficult (or super easy); it only affects how things are displayed. In other words, it might be very important, but it’s not very urgent.

tl;dr it’s going to take take time. We each can choose to patiently await further developments…or we can be impatient while waiting; either way, we’re going to have to wait.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Harrimur.7425

But why can’t they tell us that they need some time if they do? I sadly get the feeling they will just remain silent about it and hope that people will forget about it or stop complaining :/

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The last time people said we should wait patiently because it’s just going to take some time, we waited over 6 months for a fix and we have not heard from Anet ever since.

Yeah sure we can only sit and wait, in the end they are going to fix it or not but that bain of man is right. This is 100% Anet’s mess and they should clean it up, no matter how nasty the issue is to unravel. If you don’t want to have nasty issues to deal with, maybe try to test things before they go live.

PS: You do not go around spitting in the face of people that supported your company for years.

Noein.1685

well i put in a ticket for my specific scenario (reached 30 hom the day this went down). they haven’t replied. i’m about to roll out on this game. i’m pretty much done until i can access the vendor again.

That which has no life.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

well i put in a ticket for my specific scenario (reached 30 hom the day this went down). they haven’t replied. i’m about to roll out on this game. i’m pretty much done until i can access the vendor again.

Ì’ve got 30 HoM aswell, got it ages ago – if your entire GW2 experience gonna exist about the HoM skins I can guarantee you might aswell quit right now.

I used them a lot in the beginning, as free skins for my gear.
Now I don’t even have the portal stone on any of my characters, and only permanently use 1 of the skins.

Be patient and enjoy the actual game

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Noein.1685

Ì’ve got 30 HoM aswell, got it ages ago – if your entire GW2 experience gonna exist about the HoM skins I can guarantee you might aswell quit right now.

I used them a lot in the beginning, as free skins for my gear.
Now I don’t even have the portal stone on any of my characters, and only permanently use 1 of the skins.

Be patient and enjoy the actual game

I have played the game, my character age is 942 days. I’ve been here since the beginning, i bought the collectors edition before the game even came out. I love this game and i put off playing my old gw1 characters for a long time. (i’d rather play gw2 lol). With the new expansion coming i decided to get back into it and unlock some skins.

And the day i finally do get to 30 HoM? I get crapped on. Yes i’m angry. Not only that, people were able to just earn these rewards with no effort whatsoever. no im not brand new to the game. im a ranger that wants his runeblade and white raven that i freaking earned.

That which has no life.

bain of man.6857

exactly my case and my feelings as well.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

But why can’t they tell us that they need some time if they do? I sadly get the feeling they will just remain silent about it and hope that people will forget about it or stop complaining :/

They did say, in this very thread.

the devs are aware of this issue and it has been and is being taken care of.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

serenke.4806

They did say, in this very thread.

the devs are aware of this issue and it has been and is being taken care of.

That is a standard line Gaile uses whenever she cannot say anything tangible but the masses have to be calmed.

bain of man.6857

lol @ serenke.4806 too bad there isnt a like button on here!

Harrimur.7425

Well this thread is on top of the forum since pretty much the very patch happened. So I really hope they will finally comment and let us know if it will be fixed or if it just stays like this…

Posted by: Don Karnage.1590

Don Karnage.1590

Here’s how it should be fixed:

1. Wait until April 1st.
2. Give everyone GWAMM.
3. Change it to “Mortal Walking Amongst Glorious Gods”.
4. Give people who actually earned GWAMM their title back.
5. Profit! (profit in this case being a new title!)

You’re welcome world!

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

I just want the HoM and GWAMM bugs fixed. I’m still unlocking skins and titles, and now to learn that the undeserving are getting GWAMM? I know Anet has a lot on its plate with HoT, but please put this on the to do list after the current workload is finished. The true loyalist of Tyian’s wish it so.

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

Noein.1685

1. Wait until April 1st.
2. Give everyone GWAMM.

You’re welcome world!

that would be awesome.

That which has no life.

Posted by: KredasGeekosaure.6139

KredasGeekosaure.6139

Come on Anet, please answer, say something.

Whenever I see a GWAMM I always think : “he must be a fake”, there are sooooooo many GWAMM out there, it’s crazy.

I really do think it’s unfair. As someone already said, it’s like giving out free legendary. I wonder how true legendary owner would feel like.
Btw, GWAMM is even harder to get. Way harder.

I spent bucks supporting you because I love this game, you just CAN’T spit on our face like this.

Not even a word was given from you, as if you didn’t care. There are sooo many bugs and yet you are updating your gem store. Get your priorities right.

I hope to see an answer (the least I expect) or a fix soon enough.

Posted by: the boot knifer.2016

the boot knifer.2016

Roll back the servers? Are you kidding me? Don’t let other people’s AP numbers and a title over their character head be the cause of every other player losing progress since the last patch.

You people really need to get your priorities straight if a few extra people passed you in Achievement points. It’s not a duplication glitch of precursors or anything drastic. No ones getting infinite Karma.

This does not directly effect anyone who doesn’t exploit this bug, just a few insecure people might be kittened off, but oh well! Let’s cry and smash our keyboards while we are at it. Why not make the issue even more blown out of proportion than it already is!

Roll back the servers… wow. I shake my head. I better ask my brother to give me half his paycheck because he gets paid more than me and does less work.

Just wait until a fix, but I do like this idea!

1. Wait until April 1st.
2. Give everyone GWAMM.

You’re welcome world!

that would be awesome.

(edited by the boot knifer.2016)

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

I agree that we should all be patient and wait for a fix. However, I doubt it will be a priority fix and will have to wait for 2 years or more before a fix comes. That I think is an unacceptable amount of time.

Secondly, I disagree with those who feel that the issue is blown out of proportion. Yes, it is a bug. And yes it is no longer exploitable. But the fact remains that there are users out there who DID exploit the bug to give them an advantage – which is I believe a bannable offence. And I’m pretty sure in the past, ANet have banned (not necessarily perma ban) players for much less.

Thirdly, what type of fix are we expecting? A roll-back I think is unnecessary. Since GWAMM titles are account linked, it would be easy for ANet to check the difference. There after, set a counter for the achiev points and any new achiev points go into the counter instead of total achiev points until the difference is met. Something along the lines of this:

A = Achiev points from GWAMM title track in game
B = Achiev points calculated from GWAMM title track in GW1
C = Achiev points difference
X = Counter
N = New achieve points
T = Total achiev points

X = X + N and T = T+ 0 until X > C

That way, no need to roll back; no fear of having given bugged achievers additional chests.

As for skins, a simple way is to on one update, remove all the skins in GWAMM on player’s wardrobe and on the next update automatically unlock the skins in GWAMM on players’ wardrobes based on B. The same can be done with the title.

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

When I go back to gw1, I see lots of bots in certain areas doing events farming just to increase their tittle, it’s also an issue in gw1 where bots rules.

serenke.4806

Roll back the servers? Are you kidding me? Don’t let other people’s AP numbers and a title over their character head be the cause of every other player losing progress since the last patch.

You people really need to get your priorities straight if a few extra people passed you in Achievement points. It’s not a duplication glitch of precursors or anything drastic. No ones getting infinite Karma.

This does not directly effect anyone who doesn’t exploit this bug, just a few insecure people might be kittened off, but oh well! Let’s cry and smash our keyboards while we are at it. Why not make the issue even more blown out of proportion than it already is!

Roll back the servers… wow. I shake my head. I better ask my brother to give me half his paycheck because he gets paid more than me and does less work.

You really don’t get it, do you? It’s not about how other people pass you by with achievement points or that they got some title… The point is that they got THIS title, which requires time and effort to get in GW1. They got it undeserved and everybody who plays/played GW1 and got this title or is working towards it feels rightfully upset and just kittened on by Anet.

This directly affects everyone playing either game (GW1 or GW2) and i can only hope they won’t do something similar to something you care about but won’t be fixed because it’s not a priority.

Also, if you and your brother work at the same company, in the same job and he gets paid more than you for less work, would you NOT be upset???

(edited by serenke.4806)