in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LykaiosAzriel.4186

LykaiosAzriel.4186

Yak’s Bend isn’t working.

Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

Posted by: globalhell.2173

globalhell.2173

Defend Mad Mardine’s cows from harpies while he tests his invention: Event isn’t starting on the Gates of Madness server, causing the Cattlepult to be inactive resulting in missing the vista at the top of Moorwatch Tower.

Posted by: Firedaisy.2159

Firedaisy.2159

Gates of Madness is still not working…

Sanctum of Rall IS working though.

Posted by: Discord.5241

Discord.5241

Ferguson’s Crossing isn’t working properly.

The event does not start, and neither does the Cattlepult allow you to launch.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the reports; I’m sorry to hear that our last fix didn’t completely solve this. :/ We’ll take another look at this issue.

In the meantime, if you are blocked from completing the vista on your server, you may want to guest to one of the servers that has been noted as working if you need it for map/world completion.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Working on Henge currently, don’t come to TC, it’s bugged here.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

Posted by: Morag McFear.4156

Morag McFear.4156

I’m on Sorrow’s Furnace and I’ve been watching Tigh Snatchskull wander around the cattlepult for more than a half hour now. According to the wiki, he’s supposed to show up with more cows so that the harpies can attack and Mad Mardine can test the machine approximately every 12 minutes or so. Don’t know if it’s happening on other servers as well, but perhaps Tigh’s forgotten to switch his watch for DST? Can you please fix this so that I can get the vista and the map completion. Thank you.

Posted by: SCMFXT.7385

SCMFXT.7385

No progress in Henge of Denravi server as well.. there are plenty of cows but no event for hours. Can we get another solution to get to the vista without an event? Like stairs or jumping puzzle or both within the tower itself.

Posted by: Morag McFear.4156

Morag McFear.4156

Still no event on SF. Also, I know it was working yesterday evening because I had put two other characters through, if that helps.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This poor event has been broken/fixed/broken/fixed so many times that I am not surprised it is broken again. Good luck. I don’t think the devs really know why it breaks but they do eventually fix it.

Posted by: DanielMc.7204

DanielMc.7204

Same problem on Crystal Desert. Gave up on this about 2 and a half months ago because of similar problems. Have spoken to both Mardine AND Snactchskull to no avail. Why is it that this particular event/area is always broken? AND it’s the only way to get to the Vista!! It’s the only thing I need to complete this area. Please fix…again.

Posted by: Jakalope.2195

Jakalope.2195

Henge Of Denvari isn’t working either. Been checking for days.

Posted by: jumbonionga.1895

jumbonionga.1895

Just made it on Isle of Janthir. You can go ahead and give it a try.

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

march 18th 9:56 EST worked on Isle of Janthir server. Yaks bend seems to be permantly broken

Posted by: Erasmus.1980

Erasmus.1980

I can’t believe this is still bugged. Anet are really slow to sort out their bugs. Minions are still bugged. Come on guys, pull your finger out.

Posted by: Wanderlust.5391

Wanderlust.5391

ANet please fix Yak’s bend. There are many, many bugs that really need to be fixed for world completion and achievements. It’s really frustrating /:

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The cow catapult out in Diessa Plateau is broken on my server( Fergusons Crossing). i cant interact with it, and after 1 hour of standing around the event has not spawned either. Both npcs are there Mad Mardine and Tigh Snatchskull. if you talk to Tigh he says he needs to get more cows, but never moves.

Attachments:

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

To interact with the cow-a-pult, you must go to the front of it and interact…not the back, which is counter-intuitive as it loads from the back where one would expect to ‘get in’ at. But nope, head to the front after he’s done launching cows and interact and you get launched.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Dante.1763

To interact with the cow-a-pult, you must go to the front of it and interact…not the back, which is counter-intuitive as it loads from the back where one would expect to ‘get in’ at. But nope, head to the front after he’s done launching cows and interact and you get launched.

tried that nothing happens, the event doesnt start nothing, the catapult cant be interacted with

edit: ive walked around the catapult pressing the F key and nothing it happens at all

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Ah. I’m on Eredon Terrace and it worked fine when I was there recently, perhaps it is bugged on your server. I hope they eventually get around to fixing it. Last time it was busted on my server it took 4 months to get it working again…4 months of many people not being able to get zone completion on multiple characters. They should just remove it and move the vista or let people go up some stairs to the top.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Dante.1763

Ah. I’m on Eredon Terrace and it worked fine when I was there recently, perhaps it is bugged on your server. I hope they eventually get around to fixing it. Last time it was busted on my server it took 4 months to get it working again…4 months of many people not being able to get zone completion on multiple characters. They should just remove it and move the vista or let people go up some stairs to the top.

that would be nice, i mean there is a gate from the top to bottom already made, so it would be easy to make it work opposite as well
\
and its still broken

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Seems like this particular vista/event is constantly being broken. I’ve seen it working only to come back with another character a day later and not be able to interact with it at all.

I do wish the devs would just do something to make it work on a regular basis. From some of the earlier posts I saw I think it is connected to other events in the region, but not sure.

Dante.1763

Seems like this particular vista/event is constantly being broken. I’ve seen it working only to come back with another character a day later and not be able to interact with it at all.

I do wish the devs would just do something to make it work on a regular basis. From some of the earlier posts I saw I think it is connected to other events in the region, but not sure.

what other events if i may ask?

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

This event is almost always broken. When the game was first released it was bugged on all servers by the 3rd day. It resets after server maintenance.

Posted by: Neihn.8964

Neihn.8964

Did you speak to BOTH of the NPC’s standing next to the base of the tower the vista is on top of (by the Skill Point Challenge)? You MUST speak to BOTH of those NPC’s before the cow catapult can be used by you.

Dante.1763

Did you speak to BOTH of the NPC’s standing next to the base of the tower the vista is on top of (by the Skill Point Challenge)? You MUST speak to BOTH of those NPC’s before the cow catapult can be used by you.

yes, several times and still nothing.

Edit: tried it again just now and still broken after talking to both npcs

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

I made a change in the upcoming content update that should make the cowapult much more accessible. We’re still trying to track down the bug causing the NPCs to stall after the event runs (but before the cowapult is usable) but the upcoming change should allow you to use the cowapult unless the event is actively running.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Awesome— thanks for the update (and the code changes).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Dante.1763

woo! thanks Jeff

Posted by: vlad.1329

vlad.1329

i’ve been trying to go to that vista for a while now but can’t because the there is no cow event.

Posted by: Questalace.8506

Questalace.8506

Broken on Gandara.

Hit 83% and then ran into this and it has killed world completion for me.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Broken on Gandara.

Hit 83% and then ran into this and it has killed world completion for me.

look up about 3 lines… >.>

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

but the upcoming change should allow you to use the cowapult unless the event is actively running.

Yeah…and then the event gets stuck.

Wanted to use the Catapult. Event seemed active, so i tried finish it.
After a while i got the impression it is stuck.
It sais 3/5 tests r done. 2 more cows r needed. 3 cows r alive still.
Besides that i see zero cows around, all that happens is harpies showing up and Tigh Snatchskull and me fighting them. The above mentioned numbers dont change.
Forever fighting Harpies. Only nice thing about that is getting the Harpies Slayer achievement…

Vabbi server btw

Edit: to get a pause from fighting Harpies i hid in the adjacent barn.
All that happened then was Tigh Snatchskull forever chasing harpies around the catapult, and somtimes fighting them.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: CrispyGhost.1280

CrispyGhost.1280

I just wanted to add something on this topic.

I noticed that the Event (“Defend Mad Mardine’s cows from harpies while he tests his invention”) itself is still bugged and will now break almost instantly after a server restart (all 4 servers I checked via the guesting feature were bugged).
I witnessed the event breaking after the first cow which triggers the event should be launched. But instead of launching nothing happened. All the cows are still standing around the cattlepult, you can’t interact with Mad Mardine and Tigh Snatchskull started to circle the cattlepult and tells you that Mad Mardine is testing his cattlepult (if you interact with him).
So basically the event is still broken BUT for me the cattlepult was usable to get to the vista. Not sure if this applies for every server when the event bugs (see dagrdagaz’s post).

Posted by: pistolingo.1920

pistolingo.1920

Can confirm what Crispy describes but I’m pretty sure you still can talk to Mad Mardine
Really sad the event no longer runs since it’s the MOST HILARIOUS event ever . I even named one of my chars after that mad scientist

Posted by: hyphen.9165

hyphen.9165

Sanctum of Rall is broken now, the defend event says “3/5 tests completed, 2 cows needed, 2 cows alive” however there are no cows around, the two annoying harpies keep spawning and no matter how many times you kill them the event doesn’t continue.

Posted by: DarqueRaven.3201

DarqueRaven.3201

Sanctum of Rall is broken: I can confirm. I have camped this spot the last week or so and the event never ends. It says there are two cows left to defend and two cows are necessary to complete the test, but no cows are evident. I think the counter is not decrementing correctly when the cows are killed. I recommend removing the event entirely.

Attachments:

pistolingo.1920

Well I guess removing the event would be one possibility but that would be a rather sad “last resort”. It can’t be that hard fixing one event after months of “fixing it in the next patch”? Kind of embarrassing for the team working on the fix if you ask me… considering the recent “fix” seems to have broken the event on every server whereas before the event only bugged out on some servers after several days if at all.
Kind of feels like it was improved for the worst.
But still have not given up hope even though it feels like the topic has been abandoned :/

As I mentioned I would not want to see the event removed because it’s incredibly funny

If you need the vista and the cattlepult is unusable use the guesting feature. On most servers the event should be bugged in the right way (cattlepult usable ) .

Posted by: Osirous.6479

Osirous.6479

Fixed in the patch today and already broken on stormbluff isle.

Basically its stuck in the process of launching cows. Apparently someone let all the cows die and now it is stuck. The only thing that I see that needs to be added is a fail check like other events have. If all the cows die then go to event failed and restart it.

(edited by Osirous.6479)

Posted by: Osirous.6479

Osirous.6479

Guested a few servers and all 3 are broken in the same place…

pistolingo.1920

Can confirm this.
Stuck on all 3 servers I was on. Event description says “Cows alive: X; Cows needed: X” but all cows are dead. Basically it’s as Osirous already pointed out: the event does not fail when it is supposed to (fewer cows alive than Mad Mardine still needs).
I also wrote an in-game /bug report.
Appreciate the effort!

Posted by: Septemptus.7634

Septemptus.7634

Can confirm this.
Stuck on all 3 servers I was on. Event description says “Cows alive: X; Cows needed: X” but all cows are dead. Basically it’s as Osirous already pointed out: the event does not fail when it is supposed to (fewer cows alive than Mad Mardine still needs).
I also wrote an in-game /bug report.
Appreciate the effort!

I experienced the same thing today

Posted by: Lolpingu.2871

Lolpingu.2871

The event that is required to use the Cattlepult is broken on Far Shiverpeaks and Vabbi (tried guesting Vabbi to get the Vista, didn’t work). The NPC is standing by the Cattlepult and not doing anything. The progress window says “Tests completed 3/5, Cows alive: 2 Cows needed: 2”, yet there are no cows in the stable. The Cattlepult is inaccessible, needless to say.
Waiting for a fix, Anet.

Posted by: Pomona.7095

Pomona.7095

Bugged on Jade Quarry, Crystal Desert, and Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: DoubleIris.4785

DoubleIris.4785

Yeah, bugged out on SoR Server also

Posted by: RedRhino.4281

RedRhino.4281

I’ve tried to guest at several servers, too, and in each case the harpies were attacking and the Cattlepult was non-responsive. The harpies just continue to attack and the NPCs are invincible so the cycle never ends.

Just add a timeout to the event or something. At the very least, an alternate method to get to the vista would be nice. It appears this event has had issues for a LONG time (judging by the start date of this thread) and there is no competence when it comes to a fix for it.

Posted by: Jalakabaka.2864

Jalakabaka.2864

Bugged on the 3 servers I checked. The completionist inside me is KILLING me! lol

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Cattlepult is bugged out on Northern Shiverpeaks realm as well. Stuck at 3/5 tests complete, 2 cows needed, 2 cows alive and the harpies just keep attacking. The Cattlepult is completely unresponsive.

Posted by: Quick.4658

Quick.4658

Gunnar’s Hold, Abaddon’s Mouth and Seafarer’s Rest are all stuck.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I made a change in the upcoming content update that should make the cowapult much more accessible. We’re still trying to track down the bug causing the NPCs to stall after the event runs (but before the cowapult is usable) but the upcoming change should allow you to use the cowapult unless the event is actively running.

Cattlepult*

Forgive me but I am unable to put much confidence in your responses when you can’t even correctly name the object.