Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I also have this issue on Gandara.

The assistant Tigh Snatchskull says he can’t talk and has to get more cows, but stands where he is without moving. I have waited a this location and checked it multiple times; if there is an event associated with it, it appears to be stuck. There are never any cows at the cowtapult but it is impossible to interact with anyways.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: DeadPhone.3084

DeadPhone.3084

There is a meta event you have to do. Complete that and it will open up.

Bertrand.3057

Thanks, I was aware that there was an event (not a meta-event), but it isn’t starting or proceeding as it should.

Posted by: Malisane.9461

Malisane.9461

Same for me on Gandara. 5 of us were trying to get this to work yesterday but nothing we tried worked, nothing to click and no events starting. Tried again this morning and still not working.

Posted by: FedaykinPT.5364

FedaykinPT.5364

Just for debugging purposes, what is the meta-event that players should complete prior to activating the cannon?

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

What server were you on? On DragonBrand server, I was able to use the cow-tapult to get on the roof. I did that before doing any meta-event. Though there is an event that harpies will attack the cows by the canon.

I got this Vista about two days ago.

FedaykinPT.5364

@Lightning,

Server is Gandara, as I said in my original post.

BR,
Fedaykin

Bertrand.3057

All 3 of us are from Gandara, so this must be one of those stuck event bugs. I reported it in-game, but at the time I put it down as a vista bug.

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

On Gate of Madness, the catapult has been “temporarily disabled” since the week after launch.
..and remains as such…

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

Posted by: Athamar.6213

Athamar.6213

wait until all the cows have been fired, when the npc leaves to go find more you can (f) interact with the cannon.

the disable is supposedly from a different event at that location that is well… disabled.

Posted by: Joestar.5179

Joestar.5179

I think the vista near blasted moors area is bugged ‘cause the necessary event to reach the vista doesn’t start.

Posted by: Joestar.5179

Joestar.5179

Resolved, thx^^

Posted by: Malisane.9461

Malisane.9461

Now working on Gandara server – arrived at the catapult in time to see the cows being fired at the tower. After the last one was launched his assistant goes off to find more and you are able to interact with the catapult.

FedaykinPT.5364

[Update Gandara Server] Event is bugged. One cow remains and Tigh SnatchSkull is roaming aimlessly around the catapult looking for cows…

Posted by: Beherit.9710

Beherit.9710

Its bugged on gunnars hold aswell. i did that vista on aurora glade, but idk if it works scince ive done it like month ago

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Server: Ehmry bay

For the love of god. Talking to the NPC next to the cattlepult gives me disabled content, and the event to gather more cows and defend them won’t trigger.

This kitteny kitten kit is preventing me to get 100% world completion. When is the fix due??? I swear I’ll kitten so many cats that they will kit all day.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Camdal.6197

Camdal.6197

Don’t talk to the NPC. Wait till both events are over, then read the notice on the cattlepult. Had the same issue and was quite miffed until I figured it out.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

That’s the thing, there’s no event to trigger. I got it 2 days ago on my other character, but guess it got bugged after that. I tried to look on all of the surroundings. Nothing is happening.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: PapaJaja.3150

PapaJaja.3150

just got this vista….

No need to talk to Mad Mardine (Merchant)…

after you finish the quest for the harpies……. wait untill he let his assistant go ang get more cow….. then interact with the catapult right away…..

^_^

FedaykinPT.5364

Where is the quest for the harpies started?

In Gandara server, the assistant is still roaming aimlessly around the catapult, a brown cow is left and the catapult is still inacessible.

Posted by: Snoctopus.7084

Snoctopus.7084

This vista is currently unobtainable due to a “Content Has Been Temporarily Disabled” message regarding the cow catapult. Please add an alternative method to get to the top of the tower or remove the vista.

Posted by: Kirameki.5769

Kirameki.5769

Aurora Glade

So day 2 for me waiting on the harpy event to trigger so I can click on the catapult but the assistant is still roaming aimlessly around the catapult, there are no cows and no harpy dares to come close.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Posted by: mark.3647

mark.3647

still bugged no harpy event nothing.

Posted by: HandFulls.3297

HandFulls.3297

Hummmm…
Never will be able to get this one. It always says “This content has been temporarily disabled”.
Been like this for over a month.
;-{~

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Hummmm…
Never will be able to get this one. It always says “This content has been temporarily disabled”.
;-{~

content disabled message has nothing to do with using the catapult to get to the vista, that is for the gambling game that isn’t there. if you wait a while after you see the content disabled message (when the assistant leaves) you can interact with the catapult and get up there

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: HandFulls.3297

HandFulls.3297

Hummmm…
;-{~

content disabled message has nothing to do with using the catapult to get to the vista, that is for the gambling game that isn’t there. if you wait a while after you see the content disabled message (when the assistant leaves) you can interact with the catapult and get up there

in that put of the Mad Mardine’s dialog, you are right, but all the time?

But I did get this done. do not “right click” on him or use the “F” key. I used the left click, at times it still will say “This content has been temporarily disabled”.

So you have to wait after till the helper goes for move cattle. This is when it worked for me.

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

The cattlepult actually works, but only for a short time when the cow event is completed. After the main event, Mad Mardine shoots three more cows; when done, he becomes a merchant and the cattlepult is available (again, for a short time only). A video in an older post in this same thread shows when the cattlepult becomes available.

I tried to take the vista yesterday but the guy with Mad Mardine was not going to search for cows. Today, instead, the event was working and I got the vista. I send a text in the map chat calling everybody to take the vista.

I arrived at the cattlepult at 7:45pm and everything was working properly; I stayed there until 8:05pm (central time) and the event went on three times in a row. (Server: Sanctum of Rall)

Hope it helps!

NOTE: The message “content temporary disabled” is still there but it is related only to the bet for shooting the cows; it does not affect the cattlepult.

(edited by Bau Bau.7389)

Posted by: Nekohina.3681

Nekohina.3681

On Ehmry Bay I can confirm the tower is working. I took the chance to run 2 character to get the vista and the event ran at 6:45am and again at 7:00am

Posted by: mSum.4831

mSum.4831

On Ehmry Bay I can confirm the tower is working. I took the chance to run 2 character to get the vista and the event ran at 6:45am and again at 7:00am

I’ll try again tonight but I’ve done the harpy quest 3 times now. Then he shoots 3 cows because he has extra or whatever and then he gets the coins over his head….but nothing happens, I just get the error that the content is disabled.

What is supposed to happen?

Posted by: Donna.4689

Donna.4689

I dont get why they dont fix this, its all i need for complete world completion, i have waited for a month and still nothing =(

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

I’ll try again tonight but I’ve done the harpy quest 3 times now. Then he shoots 3 cows because he has extra or whatever and then he gets the coins over his head….but nothing happens, I just get the error that the content is disabled.

What is supposed to happen?

You are not supposed to talk to NPC after event but to activate cattlepult directly (from an odd side tho). IF you get “content is disabled” message that means you have either NPC targeted when you press “f” or he’s near launch point. To avoid this hold CTRL to highlight cattlepult’s launch point (you’ll see yellow name) and double click on it. Look for video in this thread, it shows where to look.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

Posted by: Nurien.4136

Nurien.4136

I get that you don’t have to talk to the NPC. But on Blackgate server the event that leads up to this is broken/bugged, making the vista uncompletable.

Hopefully they get this fixed. There’s no joy in having to wait for a server reset in order to race to a location in hopes of catching it before it breaks again.

Posted by: Sun.2317

Sun.2317

Please fix this, there is no quest to trigger the activation of the catapult. I’m on the Blackgate Server

Posted by: GiGGeR.1520

GiGGeR.1520

NPC Mad mardine not responding says, ‘content has been temporarily disabled’. catapult for vista.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Interact with the cattlepult, not the NPC.

GiGGeR.1520

Not working either, doesn’t prompt interact on the catplt.

Paradox.5498

Not working either, doesn’t prompt interact on the catplt.

As far as I know, you can only do this cattlepult / vista thing right after an event in which you have to protect the NPC and cows from harpy attacks while the NPC test fires the cattlepult a couple of times. After the event, you can interact with the machine.

GiGGeR.1520

That’s a helpful info bro, thanks!

GiGGeR.1520

The event wont start, please any fix re this matter let us know. thanks!

Posted by: chrisdeans.2739

chrisdeans.2739

this problem was common right after launch, I think the solution was to wait for a server reset

Posted by: Azriel.7635

Azriel.7635

The Moorwatch Tower vista in Diessa Plateau is unable to be obtained. The cow launcher is disabled. Any idea when this will be available again? Its the only thing i am missing in this area to got my 100% exploration bonus…..

Posted by: Steve Fox.3976

Steve Fox.3976

Still broken. Its been days now. Anyway to get the 12 silver (so far) i have wasted checking back later only to find anet hasnt done anything about it?

Posted by: Sako.1470

Sako.1470

Still broken in Ehmry Bay. Waited over an hour and the harpy event never occurred.

Lots of people showed up looking for the same event. Most of them said they were at 99% waiting for this vista to complete the world…

Posted by: Raijjn.8256

Raijjn.8256

just go to the front of the cattlepult and interact with it.. worked just fine for me

Posted by: Sako.1470

Sako.1470

just go to the front of the cattlepult and interact with it.. worked just fine for me

I have tried this. It still doesn’t work. One of my guild members did it a while back and they also told me I was doing it wrong. That was until they tried to do it again. It didn’t work for them either.

I understand that I have to wait for the harpies event, but that isn’t working either.

Please fix it!

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

HOD here. Killed all the harpies, an nada. Very polished, could be one of the reasons this game yet to outsell GW1, just a general huge number of glitches and bugs.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

bugged on Sanctum of Rall.

Sanctum of Rall

Paradox.5498

The event wont start, please any fix re this matter let us know. thanks!

I’ve done this vista on 2 characters since launch without a pain but last night I went there to do it with yet another character and just couldn’t. There was no way to interact with the machine at all and although I waited there for over an hour, no event started either. Seems you were right and something IS bugged.

I’m playing on Piken Square (EU).

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I haven’t personally ever had problems with this event. It’s always successfully worked after the harpy attack.

I have friends on Ehmry Bay who insist it isn’t working, however. Seems to be another bug which is only broken on select realms.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Blacktide, event started, I’ve finished it with no cows dead. Event finished they did shoot the remaining cows but I couldn’t interact with the machine from any side nor I could talk to the NPC’s around. “Content temporarily disabled” it says. Really frustrating as it’s the last thing i miss for 100% map. Seen there many people camping it. Guess I’ll try at server restart next friday…

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]