Staff Sound Missing

Staff Sound Missing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

For a couple of days now, whenever I restore my staff to my back it no longer makes a sound. Completely silent. Drawing my staff makes the same noise as always.

(Female Human Elementalist)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

Looked into this and found a crucial bit of audio logic missing from the stow weapon functionality which would cause all weapon stow sounds to not play.

Thanks so much for reporting this, and for providing a lot of detail. Your weapon stow sounds not playing could have been the result of any number of issues, many of which could be very specific to your character’s race, gender, and your weapon of choice, but apparently in this case the sounds won’t play no matter what.

A fix will be coming soon!

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Awesome.

I hope it also fixes the female Sylvari ranger. I just discovered that her shortbow is also not making any sound when stowed. Haven’t checked my other Professions (I have one of each). Been only working my main for awhile now.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: bertillec.7864

bertillec.7864

omg….same issues on here too
Just raise up this thread so everyone while having this issues would see it.

I have contacted Anet support for this issues, but since their solution provided was not working…i haven’t replied them in the later on.May be i should reply to them to raise up the issues again.

My in game character is human female warrior and no matter how i stow my weapon into the back…the stow weapons sound was missing.(EX : greatsword, axe/warhorn, longsword, all weapons)

Great to hear that that the fix should coming soon.

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Previous

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

@ bertillec

There’s nothing customer support will be able to do to help you with this bug. I’ve found the root cause, and the fix will be out to you as soon as it can! Thanks for listening!

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: bertillec.7864

bertillec.7864

@ bertillec

There’s nothing customer support will be able to do to help you with this bug. I’ve found the root cause, and the fix will be out to you as soon as it can! Thanks for listening!

Thanks for your reply Cody, great news! :p
I haven’t contact to Anet support yet since i m lazy,

Looking forward for the fix!

Staff Sound Missing

Posted by: Ryuu.5608

Ryuu.5608

Sorry for necroposting but there’s still no fix for this issue right?