Small, Yet Huge Costume Brawl Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gerroh.3812

Gerroh.3812

While transformed into a skeleton, one of the skills you have is ‘Throw Cranium’ https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Throw_Cranium

The problem with this skill is that, despite the tooltip, it inflicts both kinds of daze, and because it inflicts real daze, it puts you in combat, causing your costume brawl score and health to reset the next time you use a skill.

With so many people being freely changed into the skeleton form, this can be quite disruptive to LA’s costume brawls, especially since it hits an AoE. It’s not the biggest problem we have, but it should be very easy to fix.

(edited by Gerroh.3812)

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Oh that explains a lot. In the big brawls after Mad King Says, I’ve been frequently seeing my brawl status reset (points, health, etc) for no clear reason. That makes more sense if this stupid skill is taking me out.

Posted by: Death Stroke.9875

Death Stroke.9875

The loss of score (and crowns) seems to only happen if you use a costume brawl skill while in combat, however it is still freaking annoying and I think that one of the candycorn elemental knock-back/launch skills also puts “enemies” in combat.

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

Since this hasn’t gotta much notice, I just want to say that the problem still exists with whatever costume brawl skill(s) are putting people in combat.

I’m finding this happening once or more every day now – and that’s while only trying to get the single win for the daily.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it has become a common annoyance for me.

Posted by: Kunzaito.8169

Kunzaito.8169

So that’s why I am constantly getting the message “You cannot use this skill while in combat” when trying to brawl this year!

IMO, it’s only the second biggest issue with costume brawls, the biggest being the jerks who use the completely broken gem store toys to deny everyone else from winning. (The third biggest is people using CC in the brawl pile which is just irritating).

I feel like with as hopelessly imbalanced as costume brawl is (and completely irrelevant outside of Halloween since it stopped being a daily), the least they could do is not have your brawler score ever reset, so even if you get a crummy transform or are besieged by trolls you can eventually win.

(edited by Kunzaito.8169)