Logitech G600 everything is a left-click

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: fizzle.6784

fizzle.6784

With the default settings on a brand-new fully-updated G600, any side button or the modifier button is being detected as a left click in Guild Wars in addition to performing its proper keybinding. The first thumb button performs the 1 skill but also selects whatever target is under the cursor or starts running forward if right-click is being held down as well.

Ironically, the only thing that doesn’t work is holding down the actual left and right mouse buttons together to run forward. Any other button on there with the right button will make the character run forward except the actual left mouse button.

I tried to replicate G buttons being mis-detected as mouseclicks in other programs (Photoshop marquee selection, Chrome text selection) but it seems limited to Guild Wars so I am asking for help here first. I have all of the Mac-specific camera options unchecked.

fizzle.6784

There is a switch in the Logitech gaming software to choose whether then mouse uses its internal memory configuration or the more feature-rich software configuration. It appears that the mouse functions differently depending on this setting even if both say they are doing the same thing.

I managed to get it working by using the internal memory. This doesn’t allow the fancier per-application settings but at least it is a workaround for the few Mac G600 users.

Posted by: loclay.7482

loclay.7482

So the Logitech gaming mouses do work on a Mac?

I was just looking at the website this evening and seeing Windows as the system requirements. Wasn’t sure if specific software was required to handle the additional buttons.

How do you like the mouse?

fizzle.6784

They ported the Logitech Gaming Software toilet to Mac this year. It is theoretically awesome, letting you easily edit per-application settings, macros, all sort of customizability and fanciness. The problem is that it is software from Logitech so it is buggy as all hell. The main problems are what I outlined above and only seem to happen in Guild Wars. This left-click detection thing and it has had problems since launch with holding down mouse1 & mouse2 to run. I bought it mostly for my GW2 experience so this wasn’t going to work.

Fortunately, you can use their software to switch the mouse into hardware profile mode, disable its built-in profile switching, and make it just send normal keyboard events (G buttons mapped to numpad, G-shift mapped to shift). I then uninstalled it, installed ControllerMate, and setup a profile to listen to those keypresses on the mouse, prevent them from happening, and translate them into whatever keyboard keys I want for the currently running application. I basically recreated the functionality of the Logitech software and I prefer it because ControllerMate has way more “to the metal” customizability.

The hardware is freaking great otherwise. Only problem is accidentally hitting the G-shift button when trying to get a good grip like all the reviews say. Also the back row of G buttons is a little hard to feel out. I’m still getting adjusted to the controls and having everything on my right hand. It’s gonna be great once my muscle memory is retrained.