-maploadinfo not working (Mavericks, TG 9524)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

I recently upgraded my operating system to Mavericks. I downloaded a fresh GW2 client and followed the instructions posted by Gaile to manually update the TG wrapper to v.1.0.009524. After doing this, I did not have any issues with the TG update.

I tried to enable the -maploadinfo flag in CiderSettings.plist. Unfortunately, it does not seem to actually enable the info to display in-game. I have attached my CiderSettings.plist file.

I’ve checked this against the CiderSettings.plist in my old copy of the GW2 client on my backup from before my OS upgrade, and they are identical. I’ve also tried changing the case of the flag to “-mapLoadInfo”, but that did not help.

I have deleted both sets of GW2 temporary files as detailed in this post, and that also has not helped.

EDIT: To clarify, I had to add a .txt extension to the plist file before the forums would let me upload it.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

(edited by Veron.8645)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think the first thing to do is check if this is specific to that command, or if all commands don’t work in Mavericks.

Make sure your game is running in Full Screen mode, then exit the game and put “-windowed” in the command line, then run the game and see if it runs in windowed mode (it’s one of the easier to check commands). Then let us know if that works or not?

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

I think the first thing to do is check if this is specific to that command, or if all commands don’t work in Mavericks.

Make sure your game is running in Full Screen mode, then exit the game and put “-windowed” in the command line, then run the game and see if it runs in windowed mode (it’s one of the easier to check commands). Then let us know if that works or not?

Great call. It looks like -windowed also does not work for me either. I know a lot of others on the forums have Mavericks/TG 1.009524, and I would be interested to see if they can reproduce this problem.

(To clarify, I removed -maploadinfo when I tested -windowed.)

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

(edited by Veron.8645)

Posted by: Felicja.6891

Felicja.6891

Editing the CiderSettings.plist to include -mapLoadInfo does not work for me either. I am on 10.9.1. The only way I have been able to run it with the commands such as -windowed or -mapLoadInfo was to use the Terminal.app and launch using:

(Note the forum replaces the two dashes with one: before use-dos-cwd).

/Applications/Guild\ Wars\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/cider —use-dos-cwd C:/GW2 -- C:\\GW2\\GW2.exe -mapLoadInfo

Posted by: intrepia.5983

intrepia.5983

Thank you! I’ve been wanting to try -mapLoadInfo (and -bmp) for ages and could never get them to work with the Mac client.

I’m a complete novice at all this but with some help from Google, I managed to automate this a bit by taking the following steps:

1. Launch the Automator application.
2. Create a new document, with “Application” as the document type.
3. (Search for and) Double-click “Run Shell Script.”
4. Replace “cat” in the window that pops up with the command above.
5. Save and run!

Cerylyn ~ Ceryela ~ Cerylse ~ Ceryena ~ Coraliya ~ Roseliya ~ Felisitae ~ Rylsa
Vintage Gaming [VG] | Attuned [Att] | Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] ~ Jade Quarry