Can't finish last file of Nov 5th patch. [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lynch.9257

Lynch.9257

Yeah I’ve found some stuff on it. Doesn’t seem to be working. So now I’m repairing the game client to see if that works.

Posted by: SuperSlayer.4853

SuperSlayer.4853

What is actually contained in this file?. I’m having the same problem but does it actually have any effect on the gameplay. I would like to know what is in this file.

Posted by: Mordliss.4270

Mordliss.4270

This is a growing issue, support has given me almost every imaginable answer, other then their launcher is busted. I am at the point now that I’ve been told I may have malware or a virus causing the issue… Well I guess everyone on here got the same malware…. Of course it just CAN NOT be that Anets launcher is corrupted and needs some fixes….

Support did tell me that prior to upgrading this issue to the development team level, all avenues must be attempted and addressed, so I am assuming that is why we are resorting to advising me I must have a virus preventing ONE file from
Being downloaded…. Ugh this is very frustrating.

My question is, where is all this data being downloaded? Is my GW2 file just growing with all the useless downloading of this one file???

Posted by: crisok.1563

crisok.1563

Same problem here | South America – Brazil

Posted by: coti.1067

coti.1067

Hi, i have the same problem and i tried every -assetsrv too and nothing worked..
I can play normally but the file is there forever downloading.

I am from Chile.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

As of today (September 19th) the issue is still going on.

Posted by: Shuriken.8412

Shuriken.8412

Definetly not malware…same thing here..Croatia

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

1 file remaining. It’s playable though.

I’m having exactly the same problem. Colorado USA on Comcast.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Ikea.1498

Ikea.1498

Same here trying to Play the Game 2 Days now.. 1 file left.

Posted by: Maua.5347

Maua.5347

Same problem here, Im in Holland. I just bought a new pc i started downloading the game and all the time is annoying 1 file remaining…
Yes I can play but sometimes i have lags on skills. I am not sure if this is the cause but still.. Its rly annoying and i dont know how to fix it. I already tried these IP adresses – no result.
:/

Posted by: Panda.3701

Panda.3701

PlS POST SOMETHING, that your working on the problem or something, because everything so far for a lot of us has not worked. PLS PLS ANYTHING

Posted by: M Saint.6927

M Saint.6927

Just completely formatted my comp and reinstalled GW2. Still having this problem.

It’s obviously not my computer.

Can we PLEASE have a response to at least confirm this is being looked into?

By the way, out of curiosity, for other users here, did you see this screen before the problem ever started for you?

Yup. It started for me after I had that error.

Posted by: Mimejuice.5132

Mimejuice.5132

Update: Support took me through a number of fixes I was already aware of and had me download a few third party programs for diagnostics. With no fix from anything, I’ve been told to just wait until the next patch. The game will run with 1 file missing, but who knows what that might effect. Hopefully I will be able to play as normal while ignoring the missing file.

Posted by: Dzerter.9502

Dzerter.9502

Had the same problem 4 days ago. Changed my DNS to open dns 208.67.222.222, did a ipconfig /flushdns in cmd and after that my client updated just fine.

(edited by Dzerter.9502)

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

Unless you have a data cap Mimejuice then you will be eating at your data cause its always trying to DL the file while your playing.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: Shuriken.8412

Shuriken.8412

So the client decided to download the file today it was downloading in full speed for couple of minutes.The overall percentage did not exceed 0% but the file downloaded and I now have the 100% when I open the client.I didn’t do anything so I guess it self repaired.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I can’t buy gems because of this issue.

Posted by: Legacy Reborn.5701

Legacy Reborn.5701

I have been playing Destiny on PS4 with no problems, and POE on the PC with 0 issues. However… I also have the 1 file remaining problem. I have spent from 5am this morning until now (8 Hours) going through every single available fix to resolve it. Nothing has worked. I can confirm that i have used every method suggested by both Arena Net AND players. I have spoken to my ISP. I have reset all hardware and software, flushed every internet service available tried multiple VPNs, EVERY AVAILABLE assetsrv, reinstalled, repaired, re-installed on a CLEAN copy of windows and prayed to Balthazar, Lyssa, Melandru and Grenth for a kitten FIX but nothing works.

Being a player from the very beginning of Guild Wars 1 and seeing the complete ignorance and lack of response to this server by a member of support offends me. My plans of pre-purchasing Heart of Thorns Ultimate Edition have completely changed, as i have a capped internet service, which means it is impossible for me to play GW2, without blowing my limit out of the water while the game attempts to stream an infinitely sized file.

As it stands i have already purchased a £30 – 20GB data addon to enable the afore mentioned attempts to reinstall.

Disgusting.

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

There was an thread on this already, but is Anet gonna fix this anytime soon? (Because I’d rather not go messing around in the game’s files and maybe breaking it even further)

The problem is that when I open the launcher, it starts downloading this 1 file, it never stops. This started after the last big update a week ago.

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

I have tried everything searching google in attempt to find a fix to this annoying issue I can’t fix

I have tried to do the fix with the -repair thingy when it fixing the client or whatever
I have tried to remove the game and re-install twice without any success

I even tried removing some file called “local.dat” and restarting my PC and tried again with no luck

I am so desperate Iv’e tried everything and the game wont install for me because it stuck on 1 stupid unknown file to install and it wont let me play
I really want to play this game again and I can’t and the revenant is coming this week and I want to play it:(

has anyone encountered this issue before and found a fix that actaully works?!
and please any of the developer I would love to get an answer from you guys since you created this game maybe you know how to fix this.

Thanks for any help

coti.1067

and please any of the developer I would love to get an answer from you guys since you created this game maybe you know how to fix this.

some solutions it might work for you, i tried everything too and still nothing happened but i can play the game at least.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/SELFSOLVED-problem-with-1-2-files-remaining/first#post4704131

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

I have the same issue. 1 file remaining. I tried ‘-repair’ and forcing the client to different patch server. No dice

UPDATE: "-assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80’ – this particular address gave me back my 4mb/s download speed and that kitten remaining file was finally patched

(edited by pepsis.5384)

Posted by: ZeddBv.1487

ZeddBv.1487

UPDATE: Well support isn’t helpful. They want me to take another “internet test” with a program named WinMTR. This is the second time after I already told them it’s not my internet fault as I showed you in the speedtest.jpeg

EDIT: Maybe this problem will go away after the next update/build (don’t think so) but I haven’t played in 6 days and its frustrating. This never happened to me in any other MMO’s.

(edited by ZeddBv.1487)

Posted by: Mithralex.2813

Mithralex.2813

Same issue here, tried all the previous mentioned fixes but to no avail.
Client runs just fine without the 1 file, hope we get an actual response on this soon and get this fixed.

Belgium, EU.

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

some solutions it might work for you, i tried everything too and still nothing happened but i can play the game at least.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/SELFSOLVED-problem-with-1-2-files-remaining/first#post4704131

Thanks I will try that
hopefully it will work

Edit:
Well I tried that fix and it worked
I can finally play the game but it still says 1 file remaining but it doesn’t bother me much so long I can play without any problems

(edited by InvaGir.9158)

Posted by: Elzerith.8047

Elzerith.8047

I am also stuck at 1 file remaining, but the game is playable for me.
I have tried adding the following to my shortcut:
-assetsrv 62.154.232.187:80
-assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80
-assetsrv 194.25.94.170:80
-assetsrv 174.35.71.9:80
-assetsrv 151.249.90.199:80
-assetsrv 93.188.135.37:80
-assetsrv 62.154.232.194:80

some of which I could not ping, and so unsurprisingly resulted in Error connecting, retrying….

These would be using Mediacom from Cedar Rapids, IA, USA.

I also tried running:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
shutdown /r /t 0
Then I started GW2 with -assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80 still set.

After that I started a 7 day free trial (as of today) for a VPN and set the location to Frankfurt, Germany and tried:
no specified -assetsrv
-assetsrv 151.249.90.138:80

I then tried using:
-repair

None of these solved my issue.

I then tried setting my language to German (Deutsch), and downloaded the files, but ran into the same 1 file remaining issue.

Posted by: judgementryu.9531

judgementryu.9531

Ok, so I was playing today, decided to switch to my NA account for the daily, logged out off of there and suddenly my game download was at 100%. I highly doubt this was because I switched from EU to NA, that just doesn’t make any sense. I would say it solved itself like plenty of other posts I read.

I hope the same happens for everyone else here!

Posted by: Dezerado.2150

Dezerado.2150

Also had this Problem… thought i might of just been Throttled … but everything else runs fine…. left it downloading for like 2 days… i just uninstalled and am reinstalling at the second… be nice if Anet would just give us a “repair” feature that nuked the .dat files and Caches and so on and so forth as well as did the regular repair… p.s. why do you have to edit the File to get it to repair.. shouldn’t anet just put that in the folder lol… it could be a “feature”

Posted by: EnlightenedNavigator.8296

EnlightenedNavigator.8296

Just started having this problem. I reinstalled my operating system yesterday and installed GW2 onto my new system today. I got an error message when I hit play, something about directx9 if I recall correctly, and it shut the client down. I ran it again except now it’s stuck downloading one file at an average of what seems to be 50KB/s. No progress is made on the download. From what I’ve read, uninstalling and reinstalling isn’t working. I hope this gets fixed soon. The number of people experiencing this problem will probably draw anet’s attention.

Edit: I can click play, but it gives me the same error message.
“Unable to initialize 3D output. Please verify that you have installed DirectX9 and an updated video driver.”

It’s made from scratch, so it holds more personal value.

(edited by EnlightenedNavigator.8296)

Posted by: Twysted.9824

Twysted.9824

I also have this issue and I wonder if this file is needed to play the cinematic for Remembering Scarlets War which causes the client to stop working when I select the conversational option in Lions Arch.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Remembering-Scarlet-s-War-crashes-my-game

Posted by: Heaven.4371

Heaven.4371

Same problem here (Italy).
I have tried every possible solutions in this topic but nothing. I can’t play from 4 days.

Posted by: FeatherX.5937

FeatherX.5937

Same problem, I’m from the Netherlands (EU).

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

I am also Dutch and got the same problem after installing the game on a new computer. I did play the game while it wasn’t finished downloading yet. So maybe that has something to do with it.

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

Same problem in the UK.

Posted by: BobTheRob.4813

BobTheRob.4813

Same issue here too (Germany).
5 days “File remaining 1”

- Changed launcher language (de to en and back)
- Changed DNS
- Flushed DNS
- Repaired 2 times
- 1 new install
- Used different Asset Servers from gw2 status de
- Let the Launcher opened for 5 hrs+
- Deleted local.dat
- Restarted my Router
- Tried to launch GW2 as Admin
- Tried clientport 80 and 443
- Verified 1 time
- Uninstalled any virtual network stuff
- Tried Win XP SP3 compat mode
- Used a VPN (USA, New Zealand, Germany Frankfurt)

Still 1 file remaining and the support is no help here besides the hint “re-install the game”.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yeah I’ve found some stuff on it. Doesn’t seem to be working. So now I’m repairing the game client to see if that works.

That’s where the problem originated for many of us… dooon’t do it

Joote.4081

I have just come back to the game yesterday and now find I cannot play due to this bug. I am not happy, not happy at all.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

well maybe when this begins to affect such a large portion of the player base that they give up playing and gems sales begin to take a hit, ANET might consider posting something and get it sorted.. the same problem is too widespread across to many PC & ISP variables to be anything other than ANET’s end imo.
But as ever, the silence is deafening.

Joote.4081

I’m here looking at a launcher that is constantly downloading one file, has a blanked out PLAY button and a advert advising me to pre-purchase ‘Guildwars Heart of thorns’. I would laugh if I wasn’t so ****** off.

Posted by: BobTheRob.4813

BobTheRob.4813

I got some response from the support team:

Hello #####,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Sorry for the late response, we are currently investigating this issue, please give us sometime while we finish our investigation, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible when this issue is solved.

If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Regards,

GM #####

Posted by: Diriama Talain.4617

Diriama Talain.4617

I had the same problem but could download the last file after deleting the temporary data of GW2.

You find the temporary directory by opening Windows explorer and typing %temp% in the address field.
There should be at least one directory named like gw2cache-{…}
Just delete or rename all of them.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

We believe we’ve resolved the issue that caused this. Please try again.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Twysted.9824

Twysted.9824

Looks resolved at my end, thanks!

Posted by: FeatherX.5937

FeatherX.5937

Jup, it works again! Thanks!

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

will have to try it next month being that I wasted most of my data for the month attempting to get it to work lol. Hopefully it does not mess up again in the mean time.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

Posted by: crisok.1563

crisok.1563

Unfortunately I’m still more thank issue for trying to help (I’m using Google translator for possible tardução problems) – South America – Brazil

Posted by: ZeddBv.1487

ZeddBv.1487

Think you should sticky this thread so that in the future people wont have to google 1 file remaining

coti.1067

SOLVED!! finally!!

Thank you!

Posted by: Mordliss.4270

Mordliss.4270

Indeed it has been fixed, both on my wife’s computer as well as mine. Whatever you guys did on your end, great job.

Posted by: Mithralex.2813

Mithralex.2813

Runs as smooth as butter, thanks alot.