100 Map Completion and no gift

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Akatan.2761

Akatan.2761

Q:

I’ve completed the map today for the world completion.
With:
301/301
512/512
727/727
202/202
266/266
Also got 100% map completion bar and got the title :Been there, Done that.
I‘ve done what wiki told me to do.
No chest jump out or anything happened after i finished it.

Currently I submitted a ticket:376196.
Is it related to the new patch?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve heard of this happening when someone forgets to accept the reward for map completion of one of the maps. The final chest for 100% is stuck behind this. If this is the problem you will need to go to each zone, including WvW zones, to check if there is an unaccepted reward still.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget to check each city, and the Chantry of Secrets, as well.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Don’t forget to check each city, and the Chantry of Secrets, as well.

I’d check the Chantry first, and make sure you go all the way in to the PoI

Posted by: leniu.5879

leniu.5879

I have the same issue. I revisited each map, wvw, chantry of secrets (few times), and still nothing. I’m just kittened off, the game was released 1.5 year ago and you can’t fix this bug. I’m working on my legendary staff and gift of exploration is last thing i needed. I hope you do something with this soon.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Exact same bug just happened to me, I revisited each map, wvw, chantry of secrets (few times), and still nothing.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Rajani Isa.6294

If the double-checks suggested above didn’t do it for you, contact support (via link at the very top of the page, via that page’s “Submit a ticket” link at the very top.)

Can’t give you any more help here.

Posted by: Noferies.9523

Noferies.9523

Greetings! I’ve completed the map yesterday for the world completion with all waypoints, poi’s, vistas and skill points.

Also got 100% map completion bar and got the title: “Been there, Done that.”

I already submitted a ticket too. Please help me.

Best regards.

Astral Projections.7320

Try going to every map. Sometimes people don’t accept a chest for zone completion and the chest for 100% of all maps is stuck behind that. Be sure you go into the Chantry of Secrets a second time. There is a poi deep inside there that doesn’t show on the maps.

Posted by: Noferies.9523

Noferies.9523

Done everything you said x)

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmm. This is the second thread on this forum in the last day or so on this subject. Maybe it’s a new bug then.

There is a new poi in LA with this last update. Did you get that one?

Otherwise, I guess wait for support. Good luck.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I agree with AP. It might be worth posting this also in the bug section (besides posting a support ticket).

This patch brought a new PoI, and a lot others have been changing and shifting place. I saw a discovered vista on the majorette’s landing that was never there before. So it much be replaced (think it was the one at the priory where now the camp is). bottom line, it is very possible there is a bug since the update.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Akatan — have you submitted a ticket? We’re looking into any reports of this situation, and I’d love the team to have your details!

When you have submitted, may I get your 6-digit ticket number so I can pass it along? Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please submit a ticket. We’re looking into this issue and would greatly appreciate a ticket so that we can see all the details on your account in relation to this report.

When you have submitted, may I get your 6-digit ticket number so I can pass it along? Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: hdinh.8091

hdinh.8091

Cool! ANet is finally gonna look into this problem! I already have submitted my ticket to you earlier thread of tickets thaat are 3 days old, but i can give you it again, it has some screenshots that show i have 100% done and that I completed world completion AFTER the new living story

Ticket #: 376803

I hope it helps! Can’t wait to finish my legendary after ANet fixes it!

Sylvari Engineer
Viennotair/ Sar (r’s x 9)

(edited by hdinh.8091)

Posted by: GeD GN.7013

GeD GN.7013

Having the same issue! already submitted a ticket on the german support forum.
Looking forward to the solution to this

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Did you mean the german support forum or the german support site??
Just asking to be sure. posting on the forum is different then submitting a ticket.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

GeD GN.7013

Did you mean the german support forum or the german support site??
Just asking to be sure. posting on the forum is different then submitting a ticket.

Sorry, I meant the german support :P

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey you guys! Please give me ticket numbers! Any ticket numbers about this are fine, any language, too. The team is taking a peek.

(And thank you for that number, hdinh, and those valuable details! )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

GeD GN.7013

Sure, here you go
ticket: # 376981

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Sure, here you go
ticket: # 376981

Danke!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

how/where can I see my ticket number? :-P (its not about this problem btw) but couldn’t find the number after you reported a bug in game

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

how/where can I see my ticket number? :-P (its not about this problem btw) but couldn’t find the number after you reported a bug in game

Reporting in the game does not open a support ticket. It simply sends a message about a bug to the team, and no response is possible nor is it possible for the team to investigate individual issues such as this via a in-game bug report. (To see the difference, consider: This is happening to your account. A map glitch would happen to everyone player. So the latter would be fine for an in-game report, but something that’s impacting your account needs a ticket. You see?)

To submit an individual ticket — which is required in a case of this nature, or anything related to your individual account — please click “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” to start the submission process. Please note there are two drop-down areas that must be completed, and space for you to describe your issue.

Upon submission of a ticket, you will receive a response that contains your six-digit ticket number.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Reporting in the game does not open a support ticket. It simply sends a message about a bug to the team, and no response is possible nor is it possible for the team to investigate individual issues such as this via a in-game bug report. (To see the difference, consider: This is happening to your account. A map glitch would happen to everyone player. So the latter would be fine for an in-game report, but something that’s impacting your account needs a ticket. You see?)

To submit an individual ticket — which is required in a case of this nature, or anything related to your individual account — please click “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” to start the submission process. Please note there are two drop-down areas that must be completed, and space for you to describe your issue.

Upon submission of a ticket, you will receive a response that contains your six-digit ticket number.

Aah ok thankyou! ( cool my first Dev reply! :-P )

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

oh, here’s my ticket number: 378200

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks, confusion. I know the programming team is on the case and they’ll get a fix for any issues as soon as possible.

Thank you, also, for updating that you tried the trouble-shooting steps. This will probably save some time in reviewing the ticket, and we appreciate that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Jsvkkie.2037

Jsvkkie.2037

Hey Gaile, i have this problem too, i did map completion, and needed 3 poi’s
i got the first of the three in whisper den,
the last 2 were in la, but i completed it before.
do i need to make a ticket about this?
This is also my third time completing the map.

(edited by Jsvkkie.2037)

Posted by: Glem.5126

Glem.5126

ticket #387012, hope you will fix problem soon, thx

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you have submitted a ticket for this issue, and it has been less than 3-5 days with no response, there is nothing to do but wait for CS to assist you. Good luck.

Posted by: Venguard.2640

Venguard.2640

Ticket # 382711, hopefully the gifts will be compensated.

Posted by: Echo.8361

Echo.8361

I just completed the whole map today (Feb. 21, 2014) including the extra poi’s in LA (under attack), went to the chantry of secrets, and went back to every map to check if I didn’t grab the chest and still no gifts of exploration.

Attachments:

Astral Projections.7320

Possibly a new bug as several threads have popped up on this in the last couple of days.

Contact support, top of page-Support, then top of page-Submit a request.

Posted by: Eddieuk.6495

Eddieuk.6495

Ticket # 388144 same problem as everyone else…

Posted by: Searlon.5069

Searlon.5069

Got the same problems as the others here. Tried the touble-shooting steps in the post you linked also, with no joy.

Ticket #388471

Posted by: btc.2074

btc.2074

same issue. lion’s arch was already completed before the two new POIs were added, but after I found them I received a chest and Been There title but no gift of exploration. visited chantry of secrets instance multiple times, this did not resolve the issue. revisited every map to make sure I received each zone completion chest and nothing popped above my mini map.

ticket #387572. thanks

Posted by: Jsvkkie.2037

Jsvkkie.2037

Same issue, my ticket number
Request #388727

Posted by: spouki.4609

spouki.4609

same bug to me !

Demande #390372

but 100% Of map completion !

Attachments:

(edited by spouki.4609)

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Hey you guys! Please give me ticket numbers! Any ticket numbers about this are fine, any language, too. The team is taking a peek.

(And thank you for that number, hdinh, and those valuable details! )

Submitted a ticket last night, 391207.

I’ve gone through all of your steps (Chantry of Secrets, zone in and out of every map to make sure I didn’t miss a chest, etc etc).

Thanks!

Posted by: AlexGL.9361

AlexGL.9361

I had the same issues, it occurred two days ago. Here is my ticket number which I just submitted 393929

Posted by: INSOMNIA.3207

INSOMNIA.3207

I submitted my ticket (# 386633) on the Feb 21st. I also just now followed all the trouble-shooting steps Gaile posted, and replied to my ticket as requested.

Posted by: Luna.4921

Luna.4921

My ticket number is 386631. I also submitted it on the 21st when i completed mapping, and have also double checked all areas and poi’s and skill points, and have done the trouble shooting steps that Gaile had spoke of.

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

Hey you guys! Please give me ticket numbers!

Here’s mine 395124 – same deal… got every thing 100%, got the title, and no reward (aka gift of exploration which is why we all do it hehe)

Posted by: Linkade.9658

Linkade.9658

Ticket number: 389581

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Hi everyone!

We’re still diving into this one – thanks for your patience. I wanted to let you all know that we’re planning a mass reply to your tickets once we have a plan of action. It will feel all ‘roboty’ but will let you know what to do. I imagine Gaile will update here as well.

Also – for anyone who has lost the ‘star’ from your nameplate you may be able to solve this by getting the new POIs in Lion’s Arch. Worked for me.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Astral Projections.7320

??? How do you know if you’ve lost the star? It’s not like you can see your nameplate to know it’s missing and it’s not likely someone is going to tell you that it’s not there. And to ask someone to look and tell you, you would have to even think this is a possibility. This raises the possibility of numerous people who no longer have the star, don’t know it’s missing and have no reason to think about asking someone else about it to find out its gone.

One of the reasons why it was nice to be able to see your name and title in Guild Wars 1.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

??? How do you know if you’ve lost the star? It’s not like you can see your nameplate to know it’s missing and it’s not likely someone is going to tell you that it’s not there. And to ask someone to look and tell you, you would have to even think this is a possibility. This raises the possibility of numerous people who no longer have the star, don’t know it’s missing and have no reason to think about asking someone else about it to find out its gone.

One of the reasons why it was nice to be able to see your name and title in Guild Wars 1.

This got me wondering as well. Can I see it on my own clones while attacking enemies on my mesmer?

I’ve had world completion for ages, now I’m feeling insecure.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

(Repeating post in other forum)

According to a member of our programming team, there is a known issue that is preventing some players from getting rewards. The team is investigating.

However, quite often, a player is mistaken about the status of their account or is shown that rewards are due when they aren’t quite earned. Players should do some troubleshooting steps before submitting a ticket, because this might be resolvable individually, and ,may not be related to any bug.

Here are some troubleshooting steps:

1. Log into the game with the character that has the 100% world completion.
  2. Go to Bloodtide Coast via Lion’s Arch and enter the Chantry of Secrets.
  3. Make sure that you have claimed the “Sanctum of Secrets” Point of Interest within this map instance.
  4. Some of the skill challenges require you to consume an item. If this item has been consumed in a zone other than the one in which the skill challenge is located, you will not receive the rewards for 100% world completion. Revisit every map in the game and that may resolve your issue and grant you your items.

Also, sometimes the title is rewarded prematurely (in error). To receive the rewards for fully exploring the world, please carefully review each map for missing Points of Interest, Skill Challenges, Renown Regions, and Waypoints with the single character with whom you are trying to finish the task. The most common areas that are missed are World vs. World maps, Chantry of Secrets, and the various city maps, such as Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, etc.

More:

Generally we find that players are resolving the problem by revisiting each the following cities.
- Lion’s Arch
- Rata Sum
- Black Citadel
- Divinity’s Reach
- Hoelbrak
- The Grove

Player Notes:

• I just fixed after reading some solutions here, come back to whisper cathedral ( i alredy had explored ) and go back to the last interset point, work for me.
  • [Player] teleported to all the map locations and found that he had not opened the reward chest (the one you see each time you finish a map or after completing daily quests or dungeons) on one particular map. After opening the chest, another reward popped up and he was able to obtain the Gifts of Exploration.

I hope all this is helpful to you. If after doing these steps and following these tips you continue to need assistance, please submit a ticket. If you already submitted a ticket some time ago (say, more than a week ago) and, after going through the troubleshooting steps above, still need help you can simply respond to your ticket and say you still have not received your rewards.

And yes, any actual issues are still very much on the developers’ radar for correction

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Rajani Isa.6294

We don’t know if ArenaNet is solving the problem.

My guess is the fix will most likely be part of a patch.

Regardless, this is a big issue. They’re not going to let it sit around. If you’ve submitted a ticket, just keep an eye on this thread and wait for further news.