64-bit Client Beta FAQ

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Works perfectly so far, 3GB memory in use, ultra settings, Win7 64-bit on GTX 970.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

At the moment very please with the 64 bit version. WvW seemed to be more stable and fell more fluent. Did had some small stutterings at some points, but those were very few.
I run graphics in highest setting, so yeah I’m pleased.

Piken Square

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: pants.1379

pants.1379

Have to agree, a very good job on bringing this client out, so far i’ve not had a single issue. So glad all that 16 gig of ram i got has some use other than gw2 and netflix at the same time

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

I don’t know like you guys said 64bit systems will have more access well more like complete access to all there ram so technically there should be a good chunk of performance improvement if you guys do the 64bit client correct.

It’s not as simple as that. Switching to x86-64 from IA-32 changes three things:
1) Many more CPU registers (little bits of “instant-access” RAM embedded in the CPU). This can only make things faster, and depending (roughly) on how complicated the stuff you’re doing is, it can be by a large amount.
2a) A WAY HUGER address space. Like 1) this can only help, but the amount that it helps is much more variable.
2b) Memory addresses & executable code are twice as big. This makes CPU instructions and some data load half as fast (since they’re twice as big). This can only slow things down.
3) Hardware support for 64-bit integer math.

Now, 3) Doesn’t apply to GW2 (otherwise the 32-bit version would be getting, IDK, 0.003 frames per second). In most apps, it comes down to a fight between 1) and 2b) to see what net performance change is.

The performance impact of 2a) depends on how well you can prefetch stuff from the hard drive* and how much data you actually need at one time. A 32-bit address is 4GB (“the system” uses some of that, so realistically the usable amount is closer to 2-3.5GB). Now let’s say that the data for your game’s “world” takes up 100GB, but the data for any individual “map zone” is only 50MB. Having a larger address space wouldn’t directly** do anything for you because you can easily fit everything you need into a 32-bit space, with plenty of room left over to work on the data. But as each zone gets bigger, you start running out of room to work on the data (this is more or less what’s causing*** GW2’s current crashiness), so you have to start redoing calculations instead of just storing the answer, and if a “zone” crosses that 2-3GB barrier, it won’t fit in a 32-bit address space at all and you’d have to switch to 64-bit. Since GW2 was designed to run on a 32-bit OS, I’d expect the performance impact to be fairly minimal.

In theory, 32-bit vs 64-bit doesn’t affect stability at all, but because there’s more room for stuff to spread out, memory fragmentation is much less of an issue, which, in turn, mitigates any bugs in the way you’re allocating & deallocating memory.

*Not as big of a deal with SSDs, but still jaw-droppingly slow compared already having everything in RAM.

**It would, however, let you more easily “memory-map” the file, which might simplify some stuff, which in turn might increase performance. You know, depending on stuff and things.

It’s more accurate to say that the new maps are merely expose that a memory bug more often than the old maps. Once they fix the bug(s), it shouldn’t matter.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

I’m so incredibly not tech savvy but I have no idea how to get this to work without it trying to download 330k files, which I presume is the entire dat file. I have the gw2-64 in the same file as the dat and the current launcher just like I’ve seen people post on reddit to share the dat or whatever.

reinstalling the entire game would take me probably the rest of the day which I don’t want to go through. Should I just give up on trying to make this work or what? I really want to stop having to go full potato graphics on dragonstand to avoid crashing.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Agnes.3259

Agnes.3259

I just tried the new 64 bit client. I never had a single crash, not even after HoT launch and I do big fights like Tequila daily. So that was just out of curiosity.
My experiences so far:
- gained few fps during boss battles, and they feel more fluid (biggest difference in Frozen Maw, from 15-20 fps to 25-30 fps)
- no difference in fps during solo/small groups
- CPU usage during boss battles increased, from 50-60% to 70-90%
- memory usage dramatically increased, for example idling in LA, same place: 32 bit client uses 1.6 GB, 64 bit uses 3.0 GB (that’s sadly too much for me to stick with 64 bit client, as total memory usage goes to 100% and my HDD goes crazy…and of course I start getting stutter and spikes)

My crap system:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0 GHz
4 GB DDR2 1066
GeForce GTX260 896 MB
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Most curious thing happened, my FPS counter from nVidia Shadowplay doesn’t work in the 64 bit version.

I just checked and it’s still working on the 32 bit version :P

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: deltaconnected.4859

deltaconnected.4859

Why though? What is the instability? What typically causes it? Why does it work fine for some and not for others? These are question that no one EVER seems to be able to answer. ANet blames the hardware, nVidia/eVGA blames the software or other non-GPU hardware, the techs where I bought the computer blames ANet because all their test show the hardware is clean…it’s a vicious circle while my computer continues to crash along.

The biggest question is Will the x64 version of the client help? You say, “no”, but what does ANet say? Can’t make it much worse I guess since I typically crash every 15 minutes or so.

I wish I knew. Never touched a driver in a debugger or looked into the docs on Windows’ framework for writing one. All I’ve got is my four cards, win10 x64, and a bunch of tests across many versions. Since r355, SLI+surround doesn’t work with 50%/50% scaling and major drops (not other games, just GW2). 353.49 was the last version that was ok for perf. Likewise, on my 780’s, I noticed BSoD’s at random in-game since 353.06 or whatever the first r353_00 one was. This is all strictly testing in GW2, no other games or synthetics.

Also I think it was mentioned already, but it feels map load times on x64 got a MAJOR improvement. 4770k @ 4.5, 16GB 1866C9, 840 pro, 980ti SLI @ 5760×1080. LA is down from around 28 to 18s, VB loads in 3, tarir in 8.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

I haven’t had time to test it more thoroughly yet but firstly could you please list what client we are using somewhere ingame, maybe the options menu. I just want to make sure that what I’m testing is actually the right client.

My preliminary run through has the client reporting fps maxing out at 30. I am running a desktop, not a laptop. For the record my fps is normally 60+ and hovers around 45 to 50 during Teq on a full map. (Anything above 60 is meaningless to me because my screens are IPS rather than TN so they can’t physically display anything better than 60 without some fiddling which I’m not game to do.)

Now I don’t believe that the client is accurately reporting the frame rate. It definitely is not 60 I can tell, but I think it’s actually above 30. In the current state it isn’t unplayable but I haven’t been in a large event yet. Assuming it’s around 40ish (because it feels like what I get during Teq) I would estimate that the frame rate will drop to 25 or so for large scale events and this will be unplayable.

I would also be interested to know whether there are certain graphic card configurations that the 64bit client can’t cope with. I think people have asked about SLI already, I would like to know whether the game can correctly identify and use a crossfire configuration (since I run an ATI card).

TLDR: The 64bit client seems capped at 30fps in low population areas on my desktop PC, not experiencing the same issue on the 32bit client.

(edited by Lady Lozza.9670)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Gaile, please send the devs who worked on this my sincere thanks.

I hope it will solve the massive lag on Desert Borderlands map once the laser event happens. I will let you know tonight.

edit: I guess I missed the laser event for tonight but we ran into 25+ enemy zerg with our 20ish YB two-guild alliance group and I didn’t lag a single bit (i5 @ 4.6Ghz , 8GB DDR3). Great work.

edit 2: Peak RAM usage ~ 3-3.5GB (commit charge was around 3.5GB) ; Day 2: 3.7GB peak

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I wonder what happens on the next patch, will the patcher detect the x64 or
will it be overwritten with the x32 because of the name ?

If you renamed the 64-bit executable, it will still patch the 64-bit executable but with the new name. It should just work.

Yeah .. worked so far at the new patch

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: deltaconnected.4859

deltaconnected.4859

I would also be interested to know whether there are certain graphic card configurations that the 64bit client can’t cope with. I think people have asked about SLI already, I would like to know whether the game can correctly identify and use a crossfire configuration (since I run an ATI card).

Make sure it’s named Gw2.exe (rename the 32bit one instead) or crossfire/SLI won’t “know” it’s loading GW2’s profile.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

One thing I’ve noted after playing with the 64-bit client for a few hours is that while the game seems much more stable and I haven’t crashed despite doing the Tarir event 3 times; the amount of RAM the game uses seems to be steadily climbing the longer I play regardless whether or not I move to less intensive areas such as solo instances vs massive zerg events.

From the last play session my game went from Overall 40% RAM usage at the beginning of a session to just over 60% after a few hours. While this isn’t a problem since I didn’t crash during that time and reloading the game resets the usage instantly. It just seemed to me that the old 32-bit client pre-HoT would periodically dump unused data stored in RAM to free up space and ensure it stayed below its cap. I would normally never see it go above 45% (total) RAM usage no matter how long I played.

Also not sure if this is related (AT ALL) but the 64-bit client seems easier on my CPU for some reason (no performance loss that I’ve noticed) and CPU usage seems to peak at around 35% whereas with the 32-bit client CPU usage peaked at around 45%.

This is all mainly conjecture on my part but I figured I might as well post my observations regardless.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

i installed the beta x64…..
my first though: Is this really the same game?
it is so much better.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I tried now Overwolf .. however for Overwolf to stay in front i first had to rename gw2-64.exe to gw2.exe

Lol; totally gonna try that! Why did I not think of this myself… xD

As for RAM-usage; for me it went up from like 3-4GB at most (iirc) to around 7-8GB with the 64bit-client.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

I have 24GB Ram so I never had problems with memory crash on my new computer, however I had on the past with my old computer (had just 4 RAM), but they were very rare, also had that annoying sound bug when had memory problems, it seems it was all ram.

Despite that I still went to try 64 bits on my new computer, I had a 60 to 20 fps drops on same graphics, after reading here, I tried to put the game running with Nvidia card, and I got the same FPS I had, basically the 64-exe was running with CPU graphics by default.

I will be running 64 bit for now, never had problems before, lets hope that continues, I could always go back to 32 if something wrong happens, but since I have a 64 OS, 64 games should be the way to go.
Hopefully this means that more CPU is free and on heavy areas or PvP, my computer could use that and don’t get a FPS drop on more intense demanding actions as it could have on 32.

(edited by JPUlisses.8756)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

No memory leaks detected so far. For memory use look at the programs memory private bytes & working set, and not to the memory in use & reserved at OS level (which is normal to end in less and less free memory, since Windows will keep loaded files in memory until that space is needed for something else, would be a waste of hardware otherwise; and it’s not caused by “memory leak”).
There could be memory leaks, but those are the same in 32-bit version too (if any).

About how to install, read first post of the devs. No need to download the entire game, allow the 64-bit exe and the UI through the firewall and let it add a few 64-bit files, just a small download. Create new shortcut. It’s all described on first page. Also it’s optional.

So far all is great, no fps drop at all, it’s like before, just more memory is in use and less time needed to load things once they were loaded. Some systems could have driver specific issues. If doesn’t work on yours, just use the old 32-bit shortcut, the setup folder is not corrupted and the data is never 64-bit (there is no 64-bit or 32-bit jpg for example), only executables and dependencies are, not the resources, so that is shared between 32-bit and 64-bit executables.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: JamesKBarley.6087

JamesKBarley.6087

Is there a 64-bit Mac client?
Unfortunately, a 64-bit Mac client is not available at this time. We are hoping to be able to provide one in the future, but have no timeline to provide it.

Please! Pretty please!!

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Just did a quick test for this. Roughly speaking, this is my system:

CPU: Nehalem i7 920
GPU: GTX 295
RAM: 6GB

In central Tyria, I’m getting 10-15 fps more on average.
In Verdant Brink …well, I’m finally able to navigate properly.

Edit: All graphics settings are on highest possible, except for LoD (lowest), number of models (lowest) and sampling (native).

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

(edited by smekras.8203)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Just did a quick test for this. Roughly speaking, this is my system:

CPU: Nehalem i7 920
GPU: GTX 295
RAM: 6GB

In central Tyria, I’m getting 10-15 fps more on average.
In Verdant Brink …well, I’m finally able to navigate properly.

Edit: All graphics settings are on highest possible, except for LoD (lowest), number of models (lowest) and sampling (native).

If it is a laptop, the try this, it fixed my issues:

For fps drops on laptops using discrete nvidia gpus -
You need to go into Nvidai Control panel under 3d settings and add the 64 bit executable to your applications list and set it to use high power video card.
Source: Using a laptop with integrated and discrete gpus as well. 850m.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I guess I was not as clear as I should be. Not a laptop, clear improvement between clients overall.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

I can’t seem to finish 64x initial launcher patch.
-assetsrv 194.25.94.170:80 doesn’t seem to work with the 64bit client, so I’m out of luck on trying to use this.

Confirmed, normal 86x client is patching, also confirmed my internet is completely fine.

(edited by Clairenix.2780)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

Did not know why it took only the recent crashes for Anet to launch this .. but the 64bit client is working amazingly smooth for now. Thanks devs!

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Most curious thing happened, my FPS counter from nVidia Shadowplay doesn’t work in the 64 bit version.

I just checked and it’s still working on the 32 bit version :P

I have the same issue with my FPS display from IOBit’s GameBooster. (It’s the only part of GameBooster I use.) I’ve added the 64-bit client to the list of games, but no FPS display. It does still work in the 32-bit client.

Anyone have any tips?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: CuppDota.6051

CuppDota.6051

Working really well for me so far. Seems to play far smoother. You can really notice the difference when you first load into a zone and look around with the camera. On the 32-bit client, it would lag and stutter heavily while it loaded all the assets for the first time, but would be mostly fine afterwards, maybe a bit of lag with loading here or there. On the 64-bit client, it is smooth from the get go.
Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 – 4690k OC at 4.0GHz
GPU: MSI GTX 970
RAM: 8 GB DDR3

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

I noticed my screen loading time in LA go from over 1 min to about 15 seconds
nice improvement so far
frame rate seems to be a bit better as well

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Wyvern.2430

Wyvern.2430

I too get lower FPS. Had around 60 and now 36 on desktop.

R9 290 (4k monitors)
I7 3770k (3.5ghz)
8GB ram
Win 10 64bit

I did not change any setting.

I also see less CPU usage (not sure if thats good). Around 40% instead of ~60%. But it uses the threads added by HyperThreading better. With the 32bit these 4 extra threads were mostly unused, while 1 or 2 threads of the CPU’s peaked. Now it is divided more evenly between all threads.

(edited by Wyvern.2430)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

Could really use some assistance downloading this?

Would it be possible to request an “all files” download, instead of just the 64x launcher? :\ I can’t seem to get it to patch.

I can’t seem to finish 64x initial launcher patch.
-assetsrv 194.25.94.170:80 doesn’t seem to work with the 64bit client, so I’m out of luck on trying to use this.

Confirmed, normal 86x client is patching, also confirmed my internet is completely fine.

(edited by Clairenix.2780)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

So far I’ve been going for about 3 hours straight now without a single crash. Very impressed.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: MrTobii.9341

MrTobii.9341

So I tried the 64 bit client resently on my asus laptop and everything went a bit blurry or fussy and i noticed a bit of lag to so i switched back to the 32 bit
what can be causing this ?

im running windows 10

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nott.9102

Nott.9102

I downloaded the 64bit .exe, copied to my gw2 folder but when I ran it, it instantly crashes and gives me a “send crash report to arenanet” window with the Exception: c000001d.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Seems to be running fine, interesting note is that the autodetect graphics option now puts all the settings about medium instead of the same settings as best appearance. I did add the 64 bit exe to the nvidia control panel but it still detects it at medium graphics settings by default.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Unfortunately, a 64-bit Mac client is not available at this time. We are hoping to be able to provide one in the future, but have no timeline to provide it.

Please! Pretty please!!

i think you are begging the wrong company. Beg nvidia they own transgaming which controls cider. Only nvidia have the power to push for a 64 bit cider.

either way, I expected anet to release 64 bit next year. Glad to know they are almost done with the 64 bit port.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

The game crashes immediately when I click on gw2-64.exe. Here is the error. Happens every time. the 32 bit exe is fine.

The error code suggests your CPU doesn’t support something. I see the crash report though, and will get to it at some point. Do you know what CPU you have?

[/quote]

I have i7-4790k with GTX 970 as my video card. Here is the crash log

http://pastebin.com/Jqu4iWwT

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Whenever I try to start a story instance on the x64 client, the map never gets loaded (according to -maploadinfo) and it times out.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Mr Creeper.1906

Mr Creeper.1906

Hey, all. I’m not sure if this matters or not – just looking for some clarification – but if my original Guild Wars 2 install is in the ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder, and I move the 64-bit exe to that same folder, will it affect how the 64-bit client runs? From my understanding, the x86 folder is for 32-bit programs, so I’m just curious.

Thanks.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Valiant.8016

Valiant.8016

Precisely how long will this “beta” period be for?

I would think “beta” is a taboo word with the Mac client being in “beta” status for the better part of 3 years.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I’ve used the new client for about 4.5 hours today and had no crashes on nearly maxed settings. I even did Octovine and the Mouth of Mordremoth without issue.

I never knew GW2 could utilize so much RAM but I’m glad we’re back to being stable! Thanks for the quick response.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Some feedback from my experience with the 64 bit client:

When HoT went live, I started getting OOM crashes whenever huge amounts of players came into view. Large EotM battles were a surefire way to crash. Some large PVE events would also crash. At the time of the crash the GW2 process had climbed to 4 GB give or take.

With the 64 bit client, I’ve gotten better framerates, and no crashes during massive EotM fights. The process is still a fat, bloated 4GB at times, but it does not CTD. Things are looking up. Keep up the good work.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: illuminaughty.9078

illuminaughty.9078

This is awesome, a much needed improvement to GW2. Been using it for a few hours now no problems at all. Now all we need is for Anet to implement directx 11/12… what…? A man can dream of a zerg without low fps.

On a side note, if you are using GemFX make sure you tick 64x bit application otherwise none of the effects will work on the new x64 client. Also if you are using Nvidia Inspector to force vsync or any other settings then you have to click the little “+” icon at the top of the tool bar that says “add application to current profile”. Navigate to the new Gw2-64.exe and hit apply. Now all of your Nvidia Inspector settings should work as well.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I have nothing but good things to say about the 64 bit client so far. Since HoT I would crash every hour or so and I haven’t had a single crash so far with the new client. If this keeps up I might actually go and try Dragon’s Stand again.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Maoric.6132

Maoric.6132

hope a developer can answer this when are you going to turn on high res character textures for the 64-bit client cause currently its not activated or turned on.

It selectively gets enabled or disabled depending on your computer’s specs, just as with the 32-bit client.

Then why is it that I can use high res character textures on the 32-bit client, but not the 64-bit client?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: bluesnacks.2301

bluesnacks.2301

followed instructions, entire game is redownloading.

Quand on parle du loup, on en voit la queue.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Ragfell.7594

Ragfell.7594

There’s frequently never a timeline for anything involving Macintosh products, where ANet is involved.

Sorry, I’m still salty over the past week and a half.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: weiilunz.8043

weiilunz.8043

i have this error when i try to open gw2-64 in my gw2 folder.

Attachments:

(edited by weiilunz.8043)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: weiilunz.8043

weiilunz.8043

more attachment

Attachments:

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

Hey, all. I’m not sure if this matters or not – just looking for some clarification – but if my original Guild Wars 2 install is in the ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder, and I move the 64-bit exe to that same folder, will it affect how the 64-bit client runs? From my understanding, the x86 folder is for 32-bit programs, so I’m just curious.

Thanks.

There’s a longer answer than this that’s more nuanced, but the short version is that the different directory names don’t really matter and it’s just a convention. Don’t worry about it.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Looks like the 64bit version can’t play with partially downloaded client, need full download.

By the way, I want the Exe name to be Gw2.exe, because I track the time I use with applications. Maybe I can rename it? or maybe the final version of this will be in different folder? or better, remove 32bits support and change to 64bits with the same name?

About my testing, I don’t see any difference, apart of the exe using more RAM.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

If you’re not crashing, I would hold off on this client. That is just based on my own testing.

My rig isn’t top-of-the-line anymore, but with a GTX780/3570k I don’t have any problems running the game on max and have never crashed OOM (I wasn’t even aware this was an issue for some). Compared to the 32bit client, the 64bit client nets me a loss of 5-10FPS and uses about 500MB-750MB more ram. Since I don’t crash I don’t see any reason to use it.

If it helps you, great! Just giving my own results. Cheers.