64-bit Client Beta FAQ

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

my original Guild Wars 2 install is in the ‘Program Files (x86)’ folder, and I move the 64-bit exe to that same folder, will it affect how the 64-bit client runs? From my understanding, the x86 folder is for 32-bit programs.

It’s not reserved for 32-bit programs (it’s just a Microsoft effort to keep things organized), you can run 64-bit programs just fine from there.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Looks like the 64bit version can’t play with partially downloaded client, need full download.

The 64-bit exe downloads anything needed, just allow it in firewall, check your other security programs too. Copy over to where the 32-bit exe is, don’t try to run it from somewhere else. See first post for details.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nikon.3921

Nikon.3921

GW2 is also crashing for me when I run the 64bit version.

My specs:

Intel i7 4790
Asus z97-A
8GB Kingston hyper-X
eVGA 670 GTX

Attachments:

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Johan Skold

Previous

Johan Skold

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

I have i7-4790k with GTX 970 as my video card.

I did some research. There appears to be a bug with the compiler runtime, where it can generate code that just won’t run with certain CPU/OS combinations. My understanding is that all Windows versions after Windows 7 SP1 should be functional. Do you have any service pack installed for your Windows 7? If not, updating to SP1 may be worth a shot. It may be a good idea anyway since support for non-SP1 Windows 7 ended in 2013.

It would be great if we can ensure this doesn’t happen in a future patch, but since it’s on such a core thing as the compiler runtime it may be out of our hands unfortunately. Will have to look into it a bit more.

Whenever I try to start a story instance on the x64 client, the map never gets loaded (according to -maploadinfo) and it times out.

Is this still true? I believe there were some issues earlier today (if my eavesdropping skills are up to par).

Precisely how long will this “beta” period be for?

I would think “beta” is a taboo word with the Mac client being in “beta” status for the better part of 3 years.

I think in general we don’t tend to drop the beta tag until we’re completely satisfied with how it runs. That just hasn’t happened yet for the Mac client, for multiple reasons. I realize it won’t make much of a difference at this point, but we sincerely do intend to get it from being barely an okay experience to at the very least a good one, with the goal being a great one. As all good things though, it will take time.

Then why is it that I can use high res character textures on the 32-bit client, but not the 64-bit client?

That’s a very good question. If you post a dxdiag output (instructions in an earlier post), I will certainly investigate.

i have this error when i try to open gw2-64 in my gw2 folder.

See my response to dulfy at the top of this very post.

Looks like the 64bit version can’t play with partially downloaded client, need full download.

By the way, I want the Exe name to be Gw2.exe, because I track the time I use with applications. Maybe I can rename it? or maybe the final version of this will be in different folder? or better, remove 32bits support and change to 64bits with the same name?

About my testing, I don’t see any difference, apart of the exe using more RAM.

It should work with a partial download. That said, there’s a known bug where the game sometimes (rarely) thinks all the files are required. Restarting the launcher may fix it.

As for renaming the executable, go ahead. The name has no significance what-so-ever.

See my response to dulfy at the top of this post.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Maoric.6132

Maoric.6132

Here you go! I hope this helps out. My girlfriend had the same issue with being unable to use high res character textures on only the 64-bit client, I’ll see if I can poke her to upload her report as well.

Attachments:

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Neyrissa.1639

Neyrissa.1639

I’m the aforementioned girlfriend, so I guess I have to share my dxdiag. Hope this helps!

Attachments:

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Conditioned.2467

Conditioned.2467

Edit: actually they do go to 0%.

Old msg: Smp usage is also so much better. Where as I would get 0% usage out of at least 3 of my cores, that never happens now.

(edited by Conditioned.2467)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: eteroox.2567

eteroox.2567

Is there a fix for 32bit system and processor? I am crashing 10 times a day and before expansion came out i didn’t crash at all

Edit: they didn’t forget 32 bit clients (2nd from bottom)
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ/page/2#post5719126

(edited by eteroox.2567)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

32-bit client: Average 40 fps
64-bit client: Average 8 fps

I am also on a laptop with 8GB RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-4710MQ @ 2.50GHz.

Edit: When I add the 64-bit client to the list of Nvidia high-performance processor’s, the fps is just as good as the 32-bit client. I’ll have to play for longer to see how memory leak crashes are.

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’m currently having pretty bad fps on the 64-bit client with the same quality options I had on the old client. I do have both a 64-bit Windows 10 version and a 64-bit processor. What am I doing wrong here?

It’s a beta.

That said, I have no idea what processor, video and connection you have…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I did some research. There appears to be a bug with the compiler runtime, where it can generate code that just won’t run with certain CPU/OS combinations. My understanding is that all Windows versions after Windows 7 SP1 should be functional. Do you have any service pack installed for your Windows 7? If not, updating to SP1 may be worth a shot. It may be a good idea anyway since support for non-SP1 Windows 7 ended in 2013.

It would be great if we can ensure this doesn’t happen in a future patch, but since it’s on such a core thing as the compiler runtime it may be out of our hands unfortunately. Will have to look into it a bit more.

Whenever I try to start a story instance on the x64 client, the map never gets loaded (according to -maploadinfo) and it times out.

Is this still true? I believe there were some issues earlier today (if my eavesdropping skills are up to par).

I would think “beta” is a taboo word with the Mac client being in “beta” status for the better part of 3 years.

I think in general we don’t tend to drop the beta tag until we’re completely satisfied with how it runs. That just hasn’t happened yet for the Mac client, for multiple reasons. I realize it won’t make much of a difference at this point, but we sincerely do intend to get it from being barely an okay experience to at the very least a good one, with the goal being a great one. As all good things though, it will take time.

Then why is it that I can use high res character textures on the 32-bit client, but not the 64-bit client?

That’s a very good question. If you post a dxdiag output (instructions in an earlier post), I will certainly investigate.

By the way, I want the Exe name to be Gw2.exe, because I track the time I use with applications. Maybe I can rename it? or maybe the final version of this will be in different folder? or better, remove 32bits support and change to 64bits with the same name?

It should work with a partial download. That said, there’s a known bug where the game sometimes (rarely) thinks all the files are required. Restarting the launcher may fix it.

As for renaming the executable, go ahead. The name has no significance what-so-ever.

So now it’s between massive 32 bit crashes or 7fps?

Come on….

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

So now it’s between massive 32 bit crashes or 7fps?

Come on….

did you add the 64-bit client to the list of Nvidia high-performance processor’s?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Thanks A LOT for that one!

Had a lot of crashes in DS lately which was a massive pain.

Downloaded client as soon as I heard about it and didn’t have a single crash so far with it in DS or anywhere else. Also got slightly faster map loading time (~1-3 seconds less). FPS seems to be the same.

To summ up – didn’t have any issues with 64-bit client so far and it surely solved the crash issue for me which occurred basically at the end of every DS map.

Yes, client now uses 5-6 GB of RAM instead of 2-3 GB, but this is not an issue at all. kitten , I would be fine even if client used 30 GB but didn’t crash because of OOM ever.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: zemiacsik.4590

zemiacsik.4590

I just want to ask, what about Linux distribution?
I am using Win7 and Linux as second atm, but I will not going to upgrade it to 8 neither 10, so I will be forced to leave Win7 in some point of time because I personaly doubt that next Win after 10 will be appropriate.
Yes, Linux users are minority, but you can not really count them because they are hidden behind Win users.
However my question is this, is it possible for you to manage somehow Linux distribution developed by community? Like some open community projects nowaday (crowdcoding or so ).

[ALE] Ring of Fire (EU)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Uaitdevil.3841

Uaitdevil.3841

I play on a laptop, still can’t use my dedicated video card even if i set the right things on the nvidia panel.

I can’t turn off integrated gpu to force it, so i can only go back to 32bit client atm.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Just downloaded the 64 client and now all of my HoT map exploration is gone (it’s a total fog of war kinda thing) . I had to rerun part 2 of HoT story Torn from the sky just to access the new maps. All of my waypoints are gone. My masteries seem to be intact so that’s a plus I guess. Looks like my personal story is not re playable now either.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The 64 bit client insta-crashes for me as well whenever I try to start it. I did as you said and updated to Win 7 SP1.. and still no go.

So.. that’s just it? We’re out of luck? I crash frequently in the new maps and now the 64 bit client won’t even run.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Foomnz.6954

Foomnz.6954

Downloaded the 64 bit client as soon as I heard about it and I have run it all day with no crashes.

Multiple events on full maps, Tarir and Dragonstand included

very happy with the performance improvement I have gotten
game runs smoother and faster than ever

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Crashing problem seems much reduced, although it did eventually crash when I hit 5.3 GB (out of 6 on the machine.)

Next experiment will be to add some memory.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: phantomlord.3417

phantomlord.3417

downloading it now

Generalrob

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

I already have the 32-bit client; will I have to completely download the game again?
No. The 64-bit client uses the same data as the 32-bit client. If you already have the game installed, you can follow these instructions to avoid needing to reinstall the game:

• Download the 64-bit client.
  • Copy the downloaded program into your Guild Wars 2 game folder.
  • Update any shortcuts to the game to point to the new file instead.
    This process will be automatic once we get out of beta.

I would like to remind you that 64bit versions Windows have two “Program Files” folders for a VERY specific reason.

C:\Program Files\ <—————— Programs run from here are run in 64bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\ <—— Programs run from here cause Windows to drop into 32bit

You just told everyone to run a 64bit client from the very same directory that causes Windows to work in 32bit.

Might I suggest that you set the 64bit beta client to do a fresh install to the “C:\Program Files\” folder then just have us advanced users (Desktop Support Tech right here) copy the gw2.dat to the 64bit installation.

You can avoid some bugs right there without having to hunt down the cause.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I already have the 32-bit client; will I have to completely download the game again?
No. The 64-bit client uses the same data as the 32-bit client. If you already have the game installed, you can follow these instructions to avoid needing to reinstall the game:

I would like to remind you that 64bit versions Windows have two “Program Files” folders for a VERY specific reason.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ <—— Programs run from here cause Windows to drop into 32bit

You just told everyone to run a 64bit client from the very same directory that causes Windows to work in 32bit.

Might I suggest that you set the 64bit beta client to do a fresh install to the “C:\Program Files\” folder then just have us advanced users (Desktop Support Tech right here) copy the gw2.dat to the 64bit installation.

I wouldn’t suggest a fresh install, the .dat file is big 24.4GB

I just copied my Gw2.dat file to a new directory (C:\Program Files\Guild_Wars_2), and stuck the Gw2-64.exe in with it, you will have a small download before the game starts.

Works fine with me, better fps a solid 50+, and no crashes so far, also upped my graphics setting.

Don’t forget to make a new shortcut to link your new Gw2-64.exe file, or run directly from your new dir.

When your confident the 64 bit client is stable you can put your 32 bit client in that directory (just in case you want to run 32 bit again) and delete the original .dat file if you need the space.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Crashing problem seems much reduced, although it did eventually crash when I hit 5.3 GB (out of 6 on the machine.)

Next experiment will be to add some memory.

ouch,

Hmmm, I wonder how long before Anet will take firefox route and decide windows default memory allocation to be pretty bad and use jemalloc

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I would generally avoid the program files folders for games that are often patched
since there are often some strange windows rights that cause problems.

So i personally use c:\games\gw2

You can just rename the exe .. helps also with programs like Razer Synapse and Overwolf.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

what about those of us who don’t run off c:\, that makes no sense? I run off my second drive to save my main drive from the constant rewrites

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Solid Gold.9310

[/quote]

what about those of us who don’t run off c:\, that makes no sense? I run off my second drive to save my main drive from the constant rewrites[/quote]

Just do the same on drive d: or whatever.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Burch.5732

Burch.5732

GW2 is crashing for me when I run the 64bit version. – 1.5 hours into events in Dragon’s Stand. Two times last nigh I got dc – one time got back to the map and finished another time map was full and no reward – same problem I had with the 32bit version for the past week that I have been playing in Dragon’s Stand. This is not the only maps with dc. Please fix soon, thank you

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

ekkue.3754

what about those of us who don’t run off c:\, that makes no sense? I run off my second drive to save my main drive from the constant rewrites[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn’t asking what I should do, I was pointing out that those 2 directories are irrelevant to a lot of people because the 32/64 directories don’t exist where their game is installed

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I’m confused. First, it ran great, now the 64-bit client run very, very slow: On the same system with no hw/sw changes overnight!

Last night, I was getting 40-70 fps, today I’m getting 8-12.

i7-4720, 16GB, 2GB nVidia 930m, 64-bit Win 10, all service packs / updates

I almost think it’s using the built-in Intel graphics instead of the nVidia. But why work last night and not today?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Sup.5763

Sup.5763

This is not accurate. While most 32-bit and 64-bit programs install into the folders you listed, the folders are simply naming conventions to keep organization. 32-bit programs run perfectly fine from the \Program Files folder and 64-bit programs run perfectly fine from the \Program Files (x86) folder. Windows doesn’t try running programs differently from either folder – it’s the .exe and how it’s compiled that determines if it’s ran as 32 or 64 bit.

So running the 64-bit client in the “(x86)” folder works fine.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Solid Gold.9310

what about those of us who don’t run off c:\, that makes no sense? I run off my second drive to save my main drive from the constant rewrites

[/quote]

I wasn’t asking what I should do, I was pointing out that those 2 directories are irrelevant to a lot of people because the 32/64 directories don’t exist where their game is installed

[/quote]

I don’t see the problem, just create your own directory, l was also running from drive D not to save writes, (that’s a waste of time), just to save space.

But I just moved it to drive C: as it’s an ssd.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Solid Gold.9310

This is not accurate. While most 32-bit and 64-bit programs install into the folders you listed, the folders are simply naming conventions to keep organization. 32-bit programs run perfectly fine from the \Program Files folder and 64-bit programs run perfectly fine from the \Program Files (x86) folder. Windows doesn’t try running programs differently from either folder – it’s the .exe and how it’s compiled that determines if it’s ran as 32 or 64 bit.

So running the 64-bit client in the “(x86)” folder works fine.

And this ^^^^^^ just put it wherever you want.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

New info: Telling the nVidia control panel to ONLY use the nVidia card (not the Intel) solved my problem.

Anyone want direction? It’s nVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3d settings -> Preferred graphics processor set the nvidia.

Note that just setting GW’s card preference does NOT work.

(edited by Sytherek.7689)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I tried the 64-bit client yesterday, and it was smooth until I went to WvW. Once in WvW I started stuttering and lagging and freezing for 0.5-1s every ten-ish seconds. I had to switch back to 32-bit to have that fixed.

I was NOT involved in big fights. I was just running around with my guild, struggling to find enemies. Only 20 players on the screen, no FX effects at all.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

It works great, no crashes, and I’m getting all the fps I should be.
Thanks for 64x!!

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Skye.9637

Skye.9637

Oh my god. Finally, now my hardware can be utilized to the maximum level or near it, instead of barely using my hardware. My GPU was only used about 50% and my CPU was at about 35%. Now my 64-bit processor, can process more coding at one time, and send more data to the GPU for it to then render more at a time, 32-bit was a bottleneck on this game, and many MMORPGs before it, they relied heavily on single-core performance, because it was 32-bit and only processed 32-bits of data at a time. My PC isn’t bad, don’t get it twisted, I can play Gw2 on max(except character model limit, 75 average in some areas, but when going near a crowd it may drop to about 35), and the newest games like GTA V, I have the hardware to play Fallout 4 etc, but Gw2 lags, because it had a 32-bit limitation. On a game that requires I would say 64-bit for good performance, and now we can even have a more immersive world by having settings that can utilize that also. Good job ArenaNet, now I will actually play again.

(edited by Skye.9637)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

I have an Nvidia GTX 960 running on Windows 7 (64-bit) with an Intel i7 processor and equip with a solid state drive. For the few past months now, I would crash 1-2 times per day on average while playing GW2. Since downloading the 64-bit client, my fps and ping (strangely) actually improved. The biggest improvement of all? I haven’t crashed AT ALL. Anet is definitely taking a step in the right direction releasing this client, although I’ve always wondered why they even released a 32-bit at all. I’ll keep you all posted if any issues arise.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

ekkue.3754

[/quote]

I don’t see the problem, just create your own directory, l was also running from drive D not to save writes, (that’s a waste of time), just to save space.

But I just moved it to drive C: as it’s an ssd.

[/quote]

Judging from this reply and the one you made below, I think we are on the same side of the argument!

I’m not saying there is a problem, I’m saying what he says is pointless because those 2 folders are irrelevant.

EDIT: I can’t work out why the quotes are so borked :/

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The New x64 client
The new client changed the type of crash from a system crash to more of a CTD (I forgot to check the event log though to see if it was caused by the nVidia driver). The two times it did crash, my desktop came up and I had to fiddle around with task manager until GW2 was in a state that it could be killed. So far it seems to be an improvement though I’ve changed a lot of settings too and reverted my driver. But up until now I’ve never had the software crash, always a system crash, no matter what settings or driver I used, so we’ll see. The only difference the setting and drivers made was the frequency and severity of the crash. Right now I’m running pretty nerfed with shadows turned off and the shadow cache in the nVidia driver is turned off for GW2 (Figured I’d try this), shaders are set to low, post processing is set to low, Light adaptation is turned off and the frame limiter is locked at 60fps. My memory in the BIOS is set to stability mode (At the sacrifice to performance).

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I tried it last night. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

It took more time to get to the character loading screen, and my FPS was down.

Then, I tried using compatibility modes on the client and it wouldn’t get to the character screen AT ALL. I kept running into a black screen with the finger mouse pointer.

I was excited for this, too.

My specs:
Processor: x64 – Intel (Quad) Core i5-210M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 555M (with latest drivers) 2.0 GB (I think)
DirectX: 12
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Hard Drive: 250 GB SSD

Notes: I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate on July 29th. I use Win7 compatibility mode for optimal performance on GW2. I sent an error report last night to ArenaNet. I have a Lenovo ideapad Y570.

Also, how do I make a DxDiag file? I forgot.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It doesn’t matter. All of my games are in a separate folder to start with not to mention the many players who have their game on a different drive altogether from the OS.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: pumpkinspiced.8617

pumpkinspiced.8617

I downloaded the 64-bit client and I’m really happy to see that the resolution goes up to 3840×2160, which is the resolution my computer is set to. However, this makes the UI unreadably small (even when Interface Size is set to Larger and the chat text is set to Large). Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I either have to run at a sub-optimal resolution or never read chat?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nick.8256

Nick.8256

For years I have been going back and forth with support trying to fix these oom crashes and this has fixed everything even with massive overclocks (like i suggested very long ago). Anyways, if you guys are still crashing I would suggest giving asus realbench a shot to test for system stability. Its pretty cool because unlike other tests it will test everything at the same time. Set it to stress test mode, select your installed ram size and let it run overnight for at least eight hours.

http://rog.asus.com/376212014/overclocking/realbench-v2-4-launched-with-x99-support/

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I tried it last night. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

It took more time to get to the character loading screen, and my FPS was down.

Then, I tried using compatibility modes on the client and it wouldn’t get to the character screen AT ALL. I kept running into a black screen with the finger mouse pointer.

I was excited for this, too.

My specs:
Processor: x64 – Intel (Quad) Core i5-210M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 555M (with latest drivers) 2.0 GB (I think)
DirectX: 12
Sound Card: Realtek HD
Hard Drive: 250 GB SSD

Notes: I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate on July 29th. I use Win7 compatibility mode for optimal performance on GW2. I sent an error report last night to ArenaNet. I have a Lenovo ideapad Y570.

Also, how do I make a DxDiag file? I forgot.

Okay, I ran it without compatibility and I get 30~ FPS on the character select screen, whereas with the 32 bit Client I get 60 FPS. Um… how can I fix that?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

For years I have been going back and forth with support trying to fix these oom crashes and this has fixed everything even with massive overclocks (like i suggested very long ago). Anyways, if you guys are still crashing I would suggest giving asus realbench a shot to test for system stability. Its pretty cool because unlike other tests it will test everything at the same time. Set it to stress test mode, select your installed ram size and let it run overnight for at least eight hours.

http://rog.asus.com/376212014/overclocking/realbench-v2-4-launched-with-x99-support/

Can this be used for non-Asus motherboards?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Eypheha.5831

Eypheha.5831

CPU: intel i7 3930 @3.2gHz
Mem: 16GB
Video card: nVidia eVGA 660 GTX
System runs from an SSD, but the client runs from a 1.0 TB harddrive

Ran the 64 bit client with system and GPU monitors in the background. Initial start-up triggered some pop-ups from my antivirus and OS asking if I wanted to trust this app. Second boot avoided all the questions after answering ‘yes’ to the trust questions. Memory usage climbed to around 3.2 GB as expected without any crashes over about 2 hours in and around Verdant Brink. CPU and GPU usage increased with only a small increased in GPU temps. FPS increased in Hoelbrak from about 60-64 FPS to about 80 to 85 FPS. VB saw comparable percentage increases as did a few other areas.

I started off with graphics set to ‘Best Performance’ and changed to ‘Auto Detect’ after noting the readings in the monitors. I watched the monitors a while then ported to VB. Screen resolution was great without any problems. Transitions were smooth, camera pan had a few stutters at first but quickly resolved. FX were back to their usual glorious displays… :-).

Oh yeah. A patch or something loaded into the 64 bit client this morning without a hitch. All seems well.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

…How do we know if the game is running it?
I started the download and stopped once I saw 330k files, which is the whole game. And Gaile just said we don’t have to run the whole game, just transfer it to the GW2 file. So being the computer illiterate person I am, I copied the GW2-64 bit <—-exact name file and opened up the vanilla GW2 file and pasted it in there. Mind you two OTHER files appeared along with the 64 bit, a .dat and a .tmp, should I have copied those as well to the GW2 file or is this good as is? A booted GW2 and there were about 1k files to download, I haven’t played the last two days so I assume that was just an update I missed? And the game seemed fairly normal for the three minutes I was able to try it.

How do we know if we downloaded it, or did I do something wrong?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

I tried to fresh install the GW2 64, yes it download and install the game completely. But after shutting it down and start it again, the exe file wants to download the entire game again. Only when I install the GW2 32 I get the question where I want to install the game.

Is it correct it’s been designed this way? First install the 32bit and then the 64bit over it? I would imagine when I download the 64bit it would install the normal way as the 32bit.

Even in the software the 64bit as a programme does not pop up, while it does show up in the 32bit.

Note: When I install the 32bit and copy/paste the 64bit over it it works. I just feel better when software is refreshed with new installs.

I’m using Windows10.

Piken Square

(edited by ImLegion.4018)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Johan Skold

Previous

Johan Skold

Lead Engine Programmer

Next

Here you go! I hope this helps out. My girlfriend had the same issue with being unable to use high res character textures on only the 64-bit client, I’ll see if I can poke her to upload her report as well.

I’m the aforementioned girlfriend, so I guess I have to share my dxdiag. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I will investigate when more pressing issues are resolved.

Just downloaded the 64 client and now all of my HoT map exploration is gone (it’s a total fog of war kinda thing) . I had to rerun part 2 of HoT story Torn from the sky just to access the new maps. All of my waypoints are gone. My masteries seem to be intact so that’s a plus I guess. Looks like my personal story is not re playable now either.

This is a known unrelated problem that was promptly fixed yesterday. It will take a while longer to repair those affected though. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The 64 bit client insta-crashes for me as well whenever I try to start it. I did as you said and updated to Win 7 SP1.. and still no go.

So.. that’s just it? We’re out of luck? I crash frequently in the new maps and now the 64 bit client won’t even run.

Nope, it seems I may have misunderstood that source slightly. That “after Windows 7 SP1” was exclusive. However, there seems to be a possible workaround we’ll look into.

It should cause no issues what-so-ever. The folders are set up that way partly for organizational purposes, but mostly so that 32-bit programs that are unaware of 64-bit even being a thing won’t try to load 64-bit things. It has no functional difference.

GW2 is crashing for me when I run the 64bit version. – 1.5 hours into events in Dragon’s Stand. Two times last nigh I got dc – one time got back to the map and finished another time map was full and no reward – same problem I had with the 32bit version for the past week that I have been playing in Dragon’s Stand. This is not the only maps with dc. Please fix soon, thank you

Was it a disconnect, or an actual crash? Did you get a crash dialog asking you what you were doing?

Okay, I ran it without compatibility and I get 30~ FPS on the character select screen, whereas with the 32 bit Client I get 60 FPS. Um… how can I fix that?

Since you’re using a laptop, please try making sure your drivers are using the nVidia GPU and not the integrated one.

…How do we know if the game is running it?
I started the download and stopped once I saw 330k files, which is the whole game. And Gaile just said we don’t have to run the whole game, just transfer it to the GW2 file. So being the computer illiterate person I am, I copied the GW2-64 bit <—-exact name file and opened up the vanilla GW2 file and pasted it in there. Mind you two OTHER files appeared along with the 64 bit, a .dat and a .tmp, should I have copied those as well to the GW2 file or is this good as is? A booted GW2 and there were about 1k files to download, I haven’t played the last two days so I assume that was just an update I missed? And the game seemed fairly normal for the three minutes I was able to try it.

How do we know if we downloaded it, or did I do something wrong?

Currently, the only way of knowing is if you launch the client and open the task manager. In Windows 10 it will display “(32 bit)” after the program name if it’s 32-bit and nothing if it’s 64-bit. I believe that applies to Windows 8 as well. On earlier versions of Windows you can look at the processes tab, and find Gw2-64.exe in that list. If it has “*32” after the name, it’s 32-bit. If not, it’s 64-bit.

I tried to fresh install the GW2 64, yes it download and install the game completely. But after shutting it down and start it again, the exe file wants to download the entire game again. Only when I install the GW2 32 I get the question where I want to install the game.

Is it correct it’s been designed this way? First install the 32bit and then the 64bit over it? I would imagine when I download the 64bit it would install the normal way as the 32bit.

Even in the software the 64bit as a programme does not pop up, while it does show up in the 32bit.

Note: When I install the 32bit and copy/paste the 64bit over it it works. I just feel better when software is refreshed with new installs.

I’m using Windows10.

This is intended while we’re in beta.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Thanks Johand, Processes reads *32 so I must’ve not copied right? I pasted the GW2-64-bit in the gw2 file, does this look right at all? I right clicked on GW2 and hit open file location and then pasted the client in there

Attachments:

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)