64-bit Client Beta FAQ

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Uaitdevil.3841

Uaitdevil.3841

Can’t seem to patch in from this last update on the 64-bit client

Can patch and play just fine on the 32-bit client

check firewall and other stuff that can block your traffic, it’s the same game but it starts with a different .exe now, if you had to give permissions to the first one, maybe you have to redo the same for the new one

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

While I will have a new 64-bit rig around late December probably, not everyone in that boat can do that.

If your computer is capable of running GW2, it should also be able to go 64 bit, considering the minimum requirements of the game when it comes to the cpu are all able to run 64 bit:

Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better

Please also note: “Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.”

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Winderly.2718

Winderly.2718

Since last patch, my fps have (almost) doubled.
It now is at 28-30 (i have the frame limiter set at 30).
i don’t know how you did it, but thank you

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Okay, I ran it without compatibility and I get 30~ FPS on the character select screen, whereas with the 32 bit Client I get 60 FPS. Um… how can I fix that?

Since you’re using a laptop, please try making sure your drivers are using the nVidia GPU and not the integrated one.

AH! I forgot that! Thank you, that worked a lot better!

While I will have a new 64-bit rig around late December probably, not everyone in that boat can do that.

If your game is capable of running GW2, it should also be able to go 64 bit, considering the minimum requirements of the game when it comes to the cpu are all able to run 64 bit:

Please also note: “Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.”

Aw, crap, I can’t afford a new computer.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Fuji.6284

Fuji.6284

I’m having difficulties joining groups in LFG for dungeons and fractals. The “Join” button is frequently grayed out, indicating that I’ve attempted to join too many groups when that’s not even the case. Sometimes the error occurs after I click on a “Join” button that’s not grayed out.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

If your game is capable of running GW2, it should also be able to go 64 bit, considering the minimum requirements of the game when it comes to the cpu are all able to run 64 bit:

I love how all these armchair IT ‘experts’ assume I didn’t already try all this stuff, and also apparently don’t read all the words —

While the processor is 64-bit able, and I could take an ISO and use the original 32-bit license key on this to make the Win 10 I currently have 64-bit, in theory, it doesn’t work. Tried. I assume as it’s the only original part left that matters the limitation is the motherboard.

So, you tell me how I’m supposed to install a 64-bit Windows when it keeps telling me the hardware is not compatible?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Uaitdevil.3841

Ok, I tried to change the path of the game [not anymore in program files x86], and it didn’t fixed it..

The 64bit client still start with integrated video card, can’t do anything about it, the only thing i didn’t tried is to disable the integrated card once for all on bios, but i don’t want to do it, and i will not do it since it’s only a problem with this .exe..

It’s like the gw2 64.exe isn’t recognized as a proper game, when i select it in the nvidia panel, it doesn’t even show the icon or “guild wars 2”, it shows the path, i tried redownloading it, didn’t solved anything.. my 2 cents: the beta client isn’t recognized from some nvidia cards as a game.

That’s the only thing that makes sense so far.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Not sure this has been mentioned, but at least for me, I am experiencing random lag spikes which didn’t happen with the normal client. I haven’t crashed with the 64-bit, but last night when pushing Verdent Brink to t4 with a group I lagged several times so badly sound would falter and the screen would stall and move slowly for several seconds before speeding back up and returning to normal. I am running on auto-detect with graphics which means medium for the most part when I normally run on high just fine expect for when zerging where I move character models to low or lowest depending. The lag doesn’t just hit when in zergs but also randomly when in LA or core world when I am alone.

This has also happened both when I am in a voice chat with my guild and when I am not in the voice chat with the guild.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Ok, I tried to change the path of the game [not anymore in program files x86], and it didn’t fixed it..

The 64bit client still start with integrated video card, can’t do anything about it, the only thing i didn’t tried is to disable the integrated card once for all on bios, but i don’t want to do it, and i will not do it since it’s only a problem with this .exe..

It’s like the gw2 64.exe isn’t recognized as a proper game, when i select it in the nvidia panel, it doesn’t even show the icon or “guild wars 2”, it shows the path, i tried redownloading it, didn’t solved anything.. my 2 cents: the beta client isn’t recognized from some nvidia cards as a game.

Which Nvidia card do you have and driver version? A quick google search of Optimus not switching to the Nvidia GPU has some matches for other games too. It seems to be a driver issue. One guy reinstalled the OEM version of the driver that came with his laptop.

See for example: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/748467/optimus-won-t-switch-on-a-gtx-765m/

Optimus is a pita My husband had Optimus headaches when trying to run Solidworks on a Lenovo laptop.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Kraiz.6720

Kraiz.6720

At first the 64 bit client seemed OK then i noticed lots of stuttering and crashes in places i had never crashed before, eg: Karka Queen. I cant remember a time when i crashed before hot came out. Maybe a long time ago but i cant remember. Also the fps was down a bit, not heaps though. Load times seemed quicker though there were some lag spikes i didn’t suffer on the 32. Some blurriness every now and then didn’t always notice it though. Im back on the 32 bit client now and it feels a lot more free to move around, not stuttering things look sharp again. If 64 bit crashes i might as well stay on the 32. It looks and runs better. For me anyway.

Hope this helps, thanks for looking into it.

Edit: I tried the 64 bit client because i was getting Fatal Error crashes which i have never had before (as far as i can remember).

Attachments:

(edited by Kraiz.6720)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Been noticing some random instances of severe FPS drop with the 64-bit client. I’ll be doing something and then, all of a sudden, I’ve got 2-3 FPS for a few seconds before it jumps back up to normal. It doesn’t do this often; usually once or twice every couple of hours.

I’m not on a Laptop.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

EDIT: Win 7 was being a butt. solved the crash on start issue.

Running on intel core i5 6600k on a Asustek z170 pro gaming board with 16 gb of ddr4 dual channel ram and a geforce gtx 660 Ti. Just did a reinstall and rebuild prior to release of HoT.

64 bit cleint is running nicely off the bat, need to play some and see how it goes. Only real issue is map load in takes more time, and loading up things windows, icons, other stuff, seems to take longer. Maybe that’ll speed up in time. I’ll post further updates as I get into using it.

(edited by Cyferwolf.1089)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: LadySkylet.8549

LadySkylet.8549

Not sure if this has anything to do with this client but..
I’ve been experiencing some weird bugs lately. The only one worth mentioning tho is the fact that sometimes when I jump into water, I can’t jump back out.
If I try to jump out, everything turns blue, freezes for a tiiiny sec and then slowly comes back to normal. Only way to get out is by running out.

As I said, not sure if this has anything to do with this client but yeah.

WvW: notice me Anet-senpai..

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Seth Moonshadow.2710

Seth Moonshadow.2710

64-bit issues & Pro’s I’ve noticed so far:

1. Party Chat some members where not receiving large blocks of chat
  2. Events in Event Assistant are more informative and show a better sub event
  3. Game runs smoother and less system intensive
  4. Some events shown as completed though no achievement or rewards given (could be HoT bug?). Also no active npc’s or foes for that event.

This was all during Prisoners of the Dragon Story instance.

Also, while I have not had any 65-bit crashes it does have some “odd” lag or pausing effect. For example a Mordrem would be 100% I would lay into it with all my skills. Mordrem health bar would move like 5% and on the second run of my skills on it mordrem would just disappear altogether! No body to search, no loot not anything. This is a frequent (as in at least every 3rd foe) occurrence. Some times they just vanish in small groups?!? I would be fighting 4 or 5 and off load a volley of skills and poof! nothing left but my flames? Not a single body.

| Dungeon Adventures | Blackgate | PvE | Lost Precipice | Gilded Hallow | Windswept Haven (soon)
http://www.dungeon-adventures.com

(edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Tenelia.9035

Tenelia.9035

Running around Tyria. So far so good.

No crashes on Teq. First time ever! This is awesome.
No crashes in WvW.
No crashes in Lion’s Arch.

Managed to jump around different maps and my guild hall. It was great. Then, my entire system hanged. It froze up. Didn’t quit. No sound. Can’t use Task Manager. Help!

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Hi, I am also using the x64 client, and so far:

No game crashes on all maps
No noticeable FPS changes for me (I am @ 1440p high~ultra everything)

Thanks for creating the x64 client!

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Uaitdevil.3841

Which Nvidia card do you have and driver version? A quick google search of Optimus not switching to the Nvidia GPU has some matches for other games too. It seems to be a driver issue. One guy reinstalled the OEM version of the driver that came with his laptop.

See for example: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/748467/optimus-won-t-switch-on-a-gtx-765m/

Optimus is a pita My husband had Optimus headaches when trying to run Solidworks on a Lenovo laptop.

My computer is an Alienware laptop, m17x r4, with nvidia gxt660m, and i’m using the latest nvidia drivers, 358.87 i tried the 64bit client with the previous drivers and then updated to these, so i tested both.. same problem.
Never heard of optimus tho, i have nvidia experience and nvidia control panel only on my laptop

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Overall the 64bit client seems to be the best option for me, but there’s a catch.
Although its quite more stable (haven’t had a crash since i started using it, as opposed to 1-2 daily after HoT launch), at random times it will stutter heavily, like almost like its about to crash, but then it goes back ok. According to windows resource monitor, there’s a peak on memory errors at those times… I don’t think its my ram that’s going haywire (its 3 months old and never had any issues with other games), is there any way i can pinpoint the issue (should help with the feedback)?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Not sure if this question has been asked, but I can’t find it in the FAQ (or if it is in the FAQ, the answer wasn’t clear), will the 64-bit client update itself, or will I have to download it everytime there is an update for it? I’m assuming the former, but I’m just checking.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It seems to update the itself and the dat files. The one of the more recent patches was just the exe.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Chaba.5410

My computer is an Alienware laptop, m17x r4, with nvidia gxt660m, and i’m using the latest nvidia drivers, 358.87 i tried the 64bit client with the previous drivers and then updated to these, so i tested both.. same problem.
Never heard of optimus tho, i have nvidia experience and nvidia control panel only on my laptop

Optimus is Nvidia’s GPU switching technology. It is built into the Nvidia driver.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Installed 64bit client today, what to say about it,

Well its fantastic, truly impressed, only last week I made a post about needing this client, and you came threw, granted its in beta, and some people are getting random glitches, but for me its 100% rock solid, i tried the Dragon Stand meta last night on the 32bit client, got to the first spawn of enemies and crashed out, today did the full meta chain with no problems,

I recommend that anyone who runs x64 bit OS to install this.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Overall the 64bit client seems to be the best option for me, but there’s a catch.
Although its quite more stable (haven’t had a crash since i started using it, as opposed to 1-2 daily after HoT launch), at random times it will stutter heavily, like almost like its about to crash, but then it goes back ok. According to windows resource monitor, there’s a peak on memory errors at those times… I don’t think its my ram that’s going haywire (its 3 months old and never had any issues with other games), is there any way i can pinpoint the issue (should help with the feedback)?

How many physical RAM do you have and how high is your load ? I guess its just
swapping memory to disk (virtuell memory) when you use too much of your
real memory.
And yes .. this can happen now .. the same as it could happen years ago when er
had less than 2 GB memory on 32-bit systems.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

ReaverKane.7598

real memory.

16GB. load at 40% usually.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Majestic.1823

Majestic.1823

I followed the steps and copied the file into the gw2 folder. Launched it and immediately it gave me the error reporting feedback form instead. Any advice?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I had an extended play session today. Toward the end, I did the one thing that is guaranteed to bring the 32-bit exe to its knees if I have been playing for at least a couple of hours: Tequatl. Happy to report no crashes.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Llethander.3972

Been noticing some random instances of severe FPS drop with the 64-bit client. I’ll be doing something and then, all of a sudden, I’ve got 2-3 FPS for a few seconds before it jumps back up to normal. It doesn’t do this often; usually once or twice every couple of hours.

I’m not on a Laptop.

Still having this problem. Anyone else?

(edited by Llethander.3972)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Anarca.7236

Anarca.7236

Been using the 64 bit client for 2 days now, and it has been a great experience. I’ve tested it for continuous 6 hours each day and I’m happy to report that it is extremely stable. Had no crashes nor DCs. Tested tabbing out, and tabbing back in since some windows 7 users reported issues doing so, but i had no issues.

-Specs
Mobo: ASUS M5A99FX
CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: Kingston Hyper-X – 16GB
GPU: ASUS GTX 960 – 4GB
SSD: Crucial BX100

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

AMD catalyst 15.10 (fresh beta) just denied access to gw 64 bit, BUT RECOVERED. Happaned after long wvw session crash. Hope u fix that soon.

windows 8
cpu amd fx 6300
8gb ram
gpu hd 7790

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

(edited by Urejt.5648)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Wolfrunner.1973

Wolfrunner.1973

real memory.

I am also having this problem.

The game will stutter really heavily every hour or 2 , for about 2 to 4 seconds then go straight back to normal at 60 fps . I have 16gb of ram as well so I don’t know what to do, beginning to get a little annoying when you fighting and having to dodge.

Happened both on 32 and 64 bit clients. All this started after Halloween finished update.

Tried uninstalling graphic drivers and updating and changing the settings to make sure the game was running on the graphics card better with the 64 bit – no change

My next option is to reinstall the game, but would rather avoid that.

Win10
Intel Core i7 4790K
Nvidia gtx 970
16gb

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

Seems the frustration of our high end computers performing badly are possibly gone?

No crashes anywhere, so far, with the 64bit. (couple of days now)

Frame rates are up across the board. Ultra everything (always was). But, I have even added Occlusion (which can kill frame rates). I’m smoking through it. Limited to 60 frames. Seeing 60fps so often now, I can’t believe my eyes. Never dropped below 50 fighting Mordremoth, (for 2+ hours and failing with the bugs, but, I digress, It meant that it was a good long testing of the system, since it crashed on the previous story instance on 32bit the day before ). …Awesome frame rates everywhere. Finally!

Truth be known, I did suffer one crash today. I unwittingly logged on with the 32 bit client!…. Gates went down in forgotten city…bam done… Re-logged into 64 bit.. Smooth as silk. No more issues. Very noticeable improvements, across the board, in many ways.

Seems it is the ability to finally be able to use the additional memory addresses, and actually tap into the 16GB memory. Recently, I found that in the new HoT content, and elsewhere, all I had to to cause a crash, was press screen shot, and it would lock up without fail. No more. Way smoother, and considerably faster frames, without a single glitch so far. Finally, thank you.

I’m venturing a judicious bet, that the high end stuff is benefiting greatly from this, and the lower end stuff may actually be suffering by using it, as they may not have the resources to benefit from it. If you can move, and process the 64bit data, ie… processing power, and large, fast, memory, it sounds like you are smiling big. Way more effective movement of data.

I will suggest, you could probably be a bit clearer on the Beta install instructions. It inherently makes it sound like adding a 64bit client to the game means that it should probably be in the program files (64 bit) and not in the (x86) (32bit) files. etc… Reading into vagueness too closely no doubt… Drop it into the (x86) program file. Something like that… Trying to out think the over simplified instructions and file structures can actually make it more complicated than it is… A little more clarity possibly.

So far, nothing but BRAVO!

(edited by road range.6293)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Extended playsession on the weekend, no problems at all with the 64-bit client. I completely forgot that I tested a beta-client. Not a single crash or other problem. Memory usage didn’t raise much above 3.5 GB, though.
The 64-bit client behaves exactly like the 32-bit client. For me, it’s a drop-in replacement for the 32-bit client in every way.

Actually, there is one difference I noticed: a few times, a single lag of approx. 0.5-1 second happens. As far as I remember, one lag happened when I turned the camera around by 180 degree (not always, only sometimes).
And it happens in the instant I drop through the hole in the ground in Tarir to enter the lower level. At least that one is reproducible. It seems to me that in this moment a huge amount of textures are loaded from disk, which produces the lag.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

If your computer is capable of running GW2, it should also be able to go 64 bit, considering the minimum requirements of the game when it comes to the cpu are all able to run 64 bit:

You’re overlooking the O/S also has to be 64-bit, many will still be using 32-bit Win7 systems I expect, or even XP maybe, and still be running on 64-bit hardware.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

real memory.

What, exactly, does “memory errors” mean?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

ReaverKane.7598

I’m not on a Laptop.

Still having this problem. Anyone else?

Yeah that’s my problem too.

real memory.

What, exactly, does “memory errors” mean?

Sorry bad re-translation on my part (sadly had to buy windows in portuguese, the english versions was wayy too expensive compared to PT, so some times stuff gets lost in translation), i meant the windows resource manager showing Memory Page Fault /s it spikes a bit more or less at the same time i experience severe “lag” or breaks.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Lorraine.2104

Lorraine.2104

I’ve found that since using the 64-bit client, I crash less frequently, but I am starting to suffer from severe lag. Was playing for about an hour last night in Tangled Depths and lagged out, game just froze. Today, logged on for 20 mins, just standing around in LA, major lag again.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: KevSolo.6028

KevSolo.6028

Hey gang,

Strange issue:
Ive started using the 64bit yesterday.
Rig: i7 – 920 OC 3.8Ghz.
6gb RAM triple channel
120gb ssd.
620psu
Nvidia gtx 680

No crashes but my graphics appear less sharp almost dull.
Its most noticeble in the ui and chat fonts. All graphi0 setting are same as in the 32bit cleint. Very destinct difference is the appearance. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Chaba.5410

Has anyone figured out the greyed out Hi-res textures checkbox? My system doesn’t have it greyed out. Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 here. Could that be related to the reported blurriness? Or that sounds more like Anti-aliasing settings issues?

Chaba Tangnu

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

You’re overlooking the O/S also has to be 64-bit, many will still be using 32-bit Win7 systems I expect, or even XP maybe, and still be running on 64-bit hardware.

Nah, I’m fully aware of that. Afaik if you got a valid key for Windows 32 bit, that key should also allow you to install the 64 bit version (not counting XP). Now that may prove to be problematic though due to many things, like oem licenses and such.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

I followed the steps and copied the file into the gw2 folder. Launched it and immediately it gave me the error reporting feedback form instead. Any advice?

Assuming you are on Win 7 (ignore if you are not) try making sure you’re up to date. Found out win 7 wasn’t updating for me, (problem with the latest reinstall I did) and once I had service pack 1 everything worked nicely.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

as far loving it. no more crashes no noticeable missing performance.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Sadly its still asking me to redownload the game, I guess I’m gonna have to.

It makes me do it too if I select the 64-exe. The only way I figured out how to do it without re-downloading was to drag the 64-exe over the 32-exe in the gw2 folder. There has got to be a way to make this automatic.

Edited: I noticed if I disabled the Read Only settings to the entire gw2 file, it began to work automatically.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Llethander.3972

It makes me do it too if I select the 64-exe. The only way I figured out how to do it without re-downloading was to drag the 64-exe over the 32-exe in the gw2 folder. There has got to be a way to make this automatic.

Edited: I noticed if I disabled the Read Only settings to the entire gw2 file, it began to work automatically.

Move the 64-exe into the GW2 folder (that’s what you’re supposed to do) and right-click -> Send to -> Desktop (Create Shortcut).

This will let you use the icon on your desktop to launch the 64-bit client without it trying to download the game or having to go into the folder to launch the game.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Blackhearted.1264

Blackhearted.1264

So, does a 64bit version of injectsmaa exist? Or are you forced to suffer the poor implementation of the post-AA options they offer in game?

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Oh how horrible, you have to follow the instructions and move the file from one folder to another. Oh the humanity!

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Uaitdevil.3841

Optimus is Nvidia’s GPU switching technology. It is built into the Nvidia driver.

can’t find optimus anywhere, and never saw it in these 3 years using this laptop, guess it’s hidden or my laptop uses a different system.

sadly, i still can’t use x64bit client properly and i’m gonna resign using it.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Tenken.7342

Tenken.7342

A-Net THANK YOU! The 64-bit client is simply awesome. I can be logged in for 12 hrs and never crash now.

I’m just going to chime in here with a tip. I know it’s been discussed before but I wanted to bring attention to it for those having issues getting this new client to run well with nVidia graphics cards (poor FPS, etc.). Perhaps this may help those in the ATI camp but I cannot test to confirm.

Gw2.exe rename trick:

After downloading the 64-bit client place the “Gw2-64.exe” in the same folder as your “Gw2.exe” (which is the 32-bit version of the client). Then rename the “Gw2.exe” to something else (I rename it to “Gw2-32.exe”). You now have a backup of the 32 bit client.

Next make a copy of the “Gw2-64.exe” in the same folder and rename it to “Gw2.exe” (you now have a 64 bit client with the name of the 32 bit client). All of your programs that trigger with your Gw2.exe will now work normally with the 64bit client (e.g.: Logitech keyboard profile, etc.). This also includes the nVidia control panel with all your game settings and SLI profiles. This should solve almost all your FPS issues as the nVidia software doesn’t know the difference.

The only issue you have to be aware of is when the game updates. The updater may replace the “Gw2.exe” file with the newly updated 32-bit version. After the update simply delete your “Gw2.exe” file, restore your backed-up “Gw2-32.exe” to “Gw2.exe” and run it to update it to the current version. Then rename it again to “Gw2-32.exe” (to keep as the backup). Run the “Gw2-64.exe” to update it to the most current version. Finally, make a copy of it and rename it again to “Gw2.exe”.

This maybe a bit confusing to keep track for some of but there is a way to find out which version you are running. To find out which version of the GW2 client you are using, start the game and then press “Ctrl, Shift, Esc” and look at the “Gw2.exe” process. If it has a “*32” next to it, you are using the 32-bit client. If there is nothing after it then it’s the 64-bit client.

Hope this helps,

-Tenken

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Nick.8256

Nick.8256

I have noticed the weird “chugs” here and there as well but never any crashes which is great. Seems like it doing some weird memory dump or something. All drivers are the latest available and sys is no slouch
4790k/z97/16gb/ssd/980ti

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Downloaded the beta last night. Game runs a lot smoother! I haven’t been freezing/disconnected when doing events.

64-bit Client Beta FAQ

Llethander.3972

I have noticed the weird “chugs” here and there as well but never any crashes which is great. Seems like it doing some weird memory dump or something. All drivers are the latest available and sys is no slouch
4790k/z97/16gb/ssd/980ti

That does seem likely. Well, I suppose it is a “beta” client for a reason. Still much preferable to crashing all the dang time, that’s for sure.