!!! ATTN: webdevs / Support site link dead

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Hey, the Support link at the top of forum pages is dead. On every other place on the website, it links to support.guildwars2.com which works. On the forum, it links to en.support.guildwars2.com which has a dead cert, so browsers like Chrome will never let you access the support site. With the recent ArenaNet post that literally suggests clicking this link to contact support, this should be fixed.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I dunno. I just went in chrome and firefox (my firefox is used for work so it’s very naked) and it worked fine. Are you running a cached version maybe?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Also works for me (on Firefox and Chrome).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s only borked for some posters/players, like me. In fact, it works, sometimes, then will go back to being ‘uncertified’. (Does not work for me on Chrome nor Firefox.)

Thus, I’m guessing it’s hard for the Dev(s) to figure out how to ‘fix’ it.

But, since one can use the ‘Support’ link on any other site page, it’s an easy enough work-around.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

The link isn’t dead, the link they provide in the menu is just bugged.

If you change it from, let’s say, https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ to simply https://support.guildwars2.com/ (removing the language specific prefix in the URL), you should be able to get there.

P.S. I wish the web designer responsible for website maintenance would just change that URL already so that people wouldn’t have to do it manually, or correct the link’s certificate.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The forums are running on customized 3rd party software (fangamer) that was abandoned by its developer and apparently ArenaNet has no control over it. Compare the footer for example to guildwars2.com. For them to not even be able to change that, the forum software must be a compiled binary, otherwise it’s a legal issue. They could wrap it however, if they really wanted to.

As for the link, certain browsers complain because the certificate is for *.guildwars2.com, whereas the link is *.*.guildwars2.com.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I see, thanks, Healix. Must be quite frustrating to be the owner of a brand, yet have no control over one of your product’s most important platforms.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I see, thanks, Healix. Must be quite frustrating to be the owner of a brand, yet have no control over one of your product’s most important platforms.

I wish they would invest in a new forum platform and they could have full control over it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not just certain browsers that don’t like the extra variable. It’s certain users of said browsers. Most users don’t seem to have issue with the redirect/certificate, but a select few do.

It’s very odd.