Acc terminated for assisting in gold sales

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

I hope it’s a mistake of some sort, since I’ve never dealt with such thing, ever.

I’m actually one of those who consistently report all those goldsellers named ffsgssf spamming and advertising for gold.

The last thing I was doing was looking for someone in lfg for the VB vampire HP. I had just found someone and BAM, disconnect. Then I try to login and that’s what I find.

Thanks for your attention, hoping you can sort this out, since I’m 100% innocent.

Attachments:

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

you should contact support, they’ll be able to help you

https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Metallus.7690

What a kittenty weekend really, I come back from work, log in and then this thing.

10 characters, all full geared with ascended and 300g away from Bolt. Like really. . .. ..

Do you have any idea of how much time it takes to sort out this kind of things? I submitted a ticket providing all the infos I could.

This is so stupid, like on which criteria do they ban accounts for this reason? So kittened, especially considering I’m 100% innocent and I am just being deprived of game time for no reason for unknown time periods after I paid gw2, HoT and bought gems throughout the 3 years I’ve been playing this game.

(edited by Metallus.7690)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Do you have any idea of how much time it takes to sort out this kind of things? I submitted a ticket providing all the infos I could.

Most tickets are answered in less than 72 hours. If for some reason this does not occur you can post your ticket number in the sticky thread at the top of this forum for review.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Had you just recently sell off a precursor or other such high priced item? If so, was it through the trading post or did you do person to person through the mail?

Or was it a bunch of items that are no longer usable but were sellable on the TP and a bunch of them just sold? The old trait training books are an example. Basically a market that the gold sellers can easily control.

And I would think back for the last 3-6 months for these purchases. Especially if they’re only accusing you of being an accessory to gold selling. Your involvement came in response to someone else being caught gold selling/buying. The incident that got you banned is not likely super super recent.

Metallus.7690

Had you just recently sell off a precursor or other such high priced item? If so, was it through the trading post or did you do person to person through the mail?

Or was it a bunch of items that are no longer usable but were sellable on the TP and a bunch of them just sold? The old trait training books are an example. Basically a market that the gold sellers can easily control.

And I would think back for the last 3-6 months for these purchases. Especially if they’re only accusing you of being an accessory to gold selling. Your involvement came in response to someone else being caught gold selling/buying. The incident that got you banned is not likely super super recent.

The highest priced item I’ve ever bought in my 3y was dreamthistle dagger when it was 800g.

The most recent high priced purchase I made was the greatsaw skin for 700g, which I had been wanting for over 2 years (you can still find two of my topics dated back then about them not bringing the greatsaw for two halloween, therefore making it impossible to acquire since unless you spend 4k on TP).

Beside that, there is nothing else. And even thinking back then, I haven’t even responded to gold sellers.

1) If they ban people because they report gold sellers (I’ve reported like 20 in the past 2 months I think, if not more)
2) If they ban people for buying high priced items on the market (still far from buying precursors costing 1.5k)
3) If they ban for creating characters and uplevelling them to 80 with scrolls

then they really need to review their policies. If reporting gold sellers automatically makes me involved with them, fine. I will never again report anything. This way I’m sure I’ve never had anything to do with them, lol.

Jokes aside, there is really nothing that comes to my mind. I can only play 3-4h in the evening and I just run dungeons with old friends for fun (even though they butchered them and they give no rewards) and do dailies and fractals. At the moment I’m doing nothing else.

Oh, and I’m not even selling mats on the TP because I’m accumulating T6 mats, ectos and iron/mithril for bolt. So my sales on TP are limited to stuff I accumulate that I don’t even need (like excess wood/leather I don’t use in my crafting) or to the new gems that sell on TP for ca 25s.

The highest priced item I’ve ever sold was “The anomaly”, but that was like 1-2y ago, when It costed like 70g to make and sold for 100+. If they consider that suspicious activity, then they must have set their threeshold really low lol. What about people flipping TP and having 10k g? kitten , I’m poor as kitten, struggling with 15g/day if I’m lucky -_-

Here I’ll attach one of the most reports I made (sometimes I take screenshots of my reports, just in case someone comes and complains that I’ve reported them). I’ve censored the website they were advertising

PS: You can even see my recently crafted Gift of Mastery. Took SS of that as well, just in case I crashed and lost the item or something else as nasty as that happened.

Attachments:

Metallus.7690

Lol just received this email from gw2support:

“Hello X
I’ve taken a look into your account and from the investigation I have found that your account was blocked due to a violation of our Terms of Service in the form of Bad language. The ban is not available for an appeal and will stand on the account.

Regards,"

…. bad language….. gold selling….. are you…. like…… for real?

and so I get perma-banned for gold selling because it appears someone reported me for bad language (please give SS)?

I see, it toally makes sense. Very

JustTrogdor.7892

You will have to continue your discussion with support regarding the issue of your ban.

The Burninator

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Lol just received this email from gw2support:

“Hello X
I’ve taken a look into your account and from the investigation I have found that your account was blocked due to a violation of our Terms of Service in the form of Bad language. The ban is not available for an appeal and will stand on the account.

Regards,"

…. bad language….. gold selling….. are you…. like…… for real?

and so I get perma-banned for gold selling because it appears someone reported me for bad language (please give SS)?

I see, it toally makes sense. Very

Contest it. Tell them that the login screen clearly tells you that you were banned for gold selling, so there’s quite an obvious mistmatch. Bad language also isn’t a first time bannable offence as far as I’m aware and should have resulted in a suspension. Contest it.

Metallus.7690

Sent back a response, since it made no sense.

And yes, I read their misbehave policy, and they supposedly issue a first temporary ban, a second longer ban and a permanent ban in case you breach the rules many times.

In my case, I got permanently banned out of the blue with the reason of “Gold Selling” and the response I get was “because of bad language” which still doesn’t give you permanent ban.

And no, I’ve never been banned in my gw2 history. Not even for 30min.

This is just stupid.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’d rub out your e-mail address from the image, just in case you do come back to the game as gold sellers use them to try various passwords and also send phishing stuff.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: GM Kveldulf.4790

GM Kveldulf.4790

Lead Game Master

Next

Hey, so I checked into the issue, and it looks like your account was simply blocked with the wrong reason. I have corrected this, so the right reason should now show.

In addition, at the time of the termination we did send a notice to your registered e-mail address listing the specific reason, so if you’d like more detail you can check there. Just to be clear, the type of chat you were putting into our game is completely unacceptable and this was far from the first time we’d caught it coming from your account.

If you’d like to discuss this further we can do so via your support ticket.

Metallus.7690

“Hello X,

I am not allowed to disclose what was said in the report.
Actions made on account are investigated on a case by case basis and the results of which lead to the account being permanently banned.

Regards,"

If that’s the amount of details you can disclose….

Besides, I did not receive anything at the time of the termination, so I really have no idea on why you banned me and I can’t even make proper appeals if I don’t know what I have to defend myself about. I tried recalling some old debate with randoms, and I got answered that it wasn’t even that, but if I ask further, no details and I just have to accept a permanent ban?

Here the screenshot of my mails:

Attachments:

JustTrogdor.7892

I thought players that got permanently banned could not post on the forums?

The Burninator

Metallus.7690

Now the reason on the ban was updated, but I still can’t understand what’s going on:

You, GM Kveldulf, said that
1) my acc was “simply” blocked
2) that you updated my ban
3) that you supposedly already sent me an email with details about the ban at the time the account was suspended.
4) That if I wanted additional details or I wanted to discuss it further, to continue via the support mail.

Instead
1) GM Wonder Tree answered me that the account is permanently banned and it’s not a simple block, without responding to my appeal about your own policy about “bad behavior” https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/ which usually involves a first temporary 72h ban which serves as a warning
2) You updated the ban which now reads: “Account blocked due to unacceptable behaviour. Please try again after the block has expired” but there is no expire date on the block and Wonder tree confirmed it’s permanent
3) I never received any mail with any details about my ban and I even posted kitten of my most recent mails
4) When I asked for the precise reasons and details, GM Wonder Tree answered me that he couldn’t disclose the details.

Can you please look into this matter better?

Posted by: Deslicious.2547

Deslicious.2547

I don’t get why you swing the ban hammer for bad language. Permanent mute (public chat channels) would be completely understandable, but there’s really no reason to get rid of him completely.

Posted by: GM Kveldulf.4790

Previous

GM Kveldulf.4790

Lead Game Master

Next

To answer your question Deslicious.2547, we don’t normally do this. We only very occasionally make an exception and block an account for this type of behavior. It has to be repeated, and pretty extreme, as is the case here.

Metallus.7690

To answer your question Deslicious.2547, we don’t normally do this. We only very occasionally make an exception and block an account for this type of behavior. It has to be repeated, and pretty extreme, as is the case here.

Still hasn’t provided any details despite how many times I asked for them.

You answer other people questions but you don’t answer mine, after having offered to provide further explanation.

So ye guys, I have to accept a permanent out of the blue ban because of “bad language” but I’m denied any kind of detail about this “extreme” behavior.

Was it the “pls onichan, you are being too rough” that I sometimes post in map chat and to which people actually jiggle because well, are you seriously going to be offended by that?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

You answer other people questions but you don’t answer mine, after having offered to provide further explanation.

They didn’t offer. They said talk to support. From what they have twice now, sounds like you have been extremely bad over and over and they are done with you.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Metallus.7690

They didn’t offer. They said talk to support. From what they have twice now, sounds like you have been extremely bad over and over and they are done with you.

And what should we discuss about if they don’t give me any details about which to talk? I’m still asking for details

The only trash talking I do is with my 2 friends with who I do dungeons, and they can testify, since they are fine with that and we have fun.

Again, please provide me with the so called details that were never mailed to me to begin with.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This is not the place to discuss issues related to account action on the part of Customer Support. You must submit a ticket to allow agents to review your situation. If you feel that the answer you receive from CS is inaccurate, simply reply to that e-mail and ask for an additional review.

A forum back-and-forth about a specific account issue related to a suspension or warning for in-game behavior is counter-productive and irrelevant to the forum community. It also is expressly against the forum rules.

Closing this post. Please discuss directly with CS.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet