We receive many requests for help of one kind and another. This post will give you a little insight into our customer support processes, so you can get the help you need as quickly as possible. [Check the TL;dr at the end for the abbreviated version. ]
All support requests go into one big “bucket,” or queue. Whether the issue is large or small, critical or less urgent, every contact comes in as a customer support “ticket” and every ticket goes into a single queue. From the queue, our agents answer tickets in the order received. It’s not possible to expedite your issue by posting on a forum or on social media or by reaching out to individual employees.
Speed the Process
- Give Details: When you submit a ticket, provide as much information as possible and use the drop-down menu to choose the proper category (reason) for your contact. This allows an agent to get started on the issue right away. Otherwise, time will be lost in corresponding with you to get the missing info.
- Update , Don’t Duplicate: If you want to give us more information or follow up, don’t create a new ticket. Instead, update your existing ticket. Duplicate tickets delay our response to you, and slow the queue for everyone. (To update your ticket, simply reply to any response you have received from us; your new comments will be added to the content of the ticket.)
- Unable to Access through SMS? If you can’t log in to the game because you don’t have access to the phone on which you have SMS authentication, go to GuildWars2.com, choose “Support” at the top of the screen, and submit a ticket. This will help CS unlock your account as quickly as possible.
- Can’t Log In? If you’ve lost your login information, choose “submit your ticket anonymously” on that same page. Include as much identifying information as you can to help speed a response.
Security is Key
More than half of all tickets submitted to customer support are related to account access issues, such as forgotten login details or compromised accounts. Here are some tips to help you protect your account:
- Use a unique password.
- Secure your account with authentication.
- Keep your account information private, including your e-mail address and your password.
- Consider using a password manager or similar security software.
- Consider using a unique e-mail address as your Account Name—one that you don’t use for any other purpose.
- Never share your account or leave it vulnerable to access by others.
- Log out when you step away.
- If you live with others or frequently have others in your home, leave the “remember password” field unchecked so that someone doesn’t automatically get full access if they open Guild Wars 2.
There is One CS Queue
- All tickets go into a single queue.
- Tickets are answered in the order received.
- Do not submit multiple tickets, it slows the process.
- Follow up by updating your initial ticket.
When Submitting a Ticket
- Fill in all the fields to give us the info we need to answer promptly.
- Select the proper category (reason) for your contact, so we can get the right agent on the job.
Log In Issues
- Submit a ticket when you have authenticator issues or can’t remember your login information.
- Follow appropriate security measures to protect your account.
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)