Account banner for scamming please help

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Loremaster.9261

Loremaster.9261

Good day,

I´m writing this for a friend of mine who has recently had his account blocked/banner or not accessible. He was accused of scamming but has to my knowledge not done so. To be more precise it was claimed that he had used somebody elses credit card to pay for his account.

He states that this was not the case and in the support ticket filed for the case (which number I sadly don´t have) he was willing to provide evidence to show that it was in fact his credit card that was used.

In a rather (I hope) a-typical manner the reply he got was that this was indeed not interesting and that he wouldn´t get his account back. Now normally that wouldn´t be that big of a deal but he has Eternity on that account. As a fellow Eternity owner I can appreciate the time and effort that he now sees as wasted and the loss made him rather depressed.

The reply to his ticket seems to have made him simply give up on the whole thing and therefore I decided to ask in his name why this would be such a huge problem or (if he missunderstood something?) what actually happend. The player in question has several unfriendly people on his server who were rather happy about his loss, so I have my suspicions about the reports filed against him.

His account: Da Wizuurd.9120 Character name: Albino Witchfinder
Thank you for your time /Loremaster

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If it was a credit card issue, how could other players have reported this? It’s not like that’s one of the in-game report options and it’s not like ANet is going to ban because some random person in game claimed that the game was paid for by a card not owned by the purchaser. This part of your statement doesn’t make sense.

And how would ANet know (or care) whose credit card it was? People do use, with permission, other people’s cards. For example, a parent will allow a child to use their card. This is not a bannable situation.

The only reason I can think of for ANet to ban is if the charges were reversed. If this is so, then there is an automatic ban for this.

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Post the ticket number in the sticky for tickets up for review. So it can be looked at.

Posted by: Rayar Blackstar.2670

Rayar Blackstar.2670

He may also want to check where his game code came from. On this forum a lot of people post who got their serial “off ebay” or “from a code selling website” to find themselves get banned later on.

Those sites and sadly a lot of ebay dealers use stolen credit cards to buy the serial, sell it, and then some time later the card owner calls arenanet, gets the money back and they have to ban the account.

That’s fraud and he would own stolen goods then.

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

“to my knowledge”… “he states”…. “number I sadly don’t have”… “ask […] what actually happened”…. “I have my suspicions”…

Your post is filled with imprecise details and speculation. If you want to help your friend, you’d be better off encouraging him to pursue the issue, rather than trying to pursue the issue yourself as a third party with nothing more than second-hand “knowledge”. It’s all very sketchy.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If CC charges made on his account were reversed, he is SOL. NCSoft and ANet have been pretty firm on their stance on accounts where CC charges are reversed…..they are CLOSED for good.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances