Account suspended.

Account suspended.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Xorakor.8795

Xorakor.8795

H,
So I recently came back to GW2, because I loved the game back then and I just found the time to play again.
My problem just came up yesterday after I played for 3 weeks or so. I just go suspended and it doesn’t even state a reason!
I contacted the support but they are so ridiculously slow that i hope to find someone who may had this problem before.
My background isn’t better either. When I came back and logged in first I had to realize that my account got banned for gold selling. I was like WTF? I didn’t even touch the game for over 1 1/2 year! After 10 days of waiting for an answer to my ticket, I finally got my account back, since they could identify a third person using it from Japan.
During that time I bought a key at G2A as a new account because I didn’t have much hope to get it back.
Anyway when I got my old account back I bought another one at g2a, for my main account.

I played without any problems and just finished the Personal HoT story when I had to realize that I got just suspended yesterday. It’s so frustrating and I’m sure it’s gonna take a while until I can play again due to support responsiveness.
Could it be the G2A key? I read that before and if so, what’s gonna happen to my account?!

Thank you in advance…

Account suspended.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It could, indeed, be the G2A key, as they are often fraudulent.

You will have to discuss the issue with the CS Team, and if the key is fraudulent, try to get a refund from G2A, and purchase a key from either ArenaNet or an authorized retailer (list found in the Knowledge Base).

Good luck.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes it could be that the one who sold you the key on g2a charged back the transaction from anet gaining dubble profit from it.

Hope you had buyers protection so you can take it up with g2a and hopefully get a new key or refund.
Edit
Have you activated sms authentication in your old/new account since you seem to have poor security on your passwords mate.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Balmephinstein.4159

Balmephinstein.4159

Same kittening thing happened to me. I came back to playing after about a year and purchased the newest expansion. I was able to play for hours, make a new character, complete quests, then logged off. When I logged back on my account was suspended. I emailed them and all I got back was an email acknowledging that I emailed them, no reply or response as to what was going on. That was yesterday. Today I still cannot log in and had to spam their kittening support with 40 copies of the same ticket to get an actual response from them. They then tell me they have to pass it over to a different team who will contact me but that was over 2 hours ago! WHAT THE kitten GUILDWARS !?

Account suspended.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Creating multiple tickets slows down the process and sends you to the back of the queue. You should close all but the original ticket.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

G2A is your problem. ArenaNet has it on a blacklist of unauthorized sellers. Buying a key from that site usually results in your account being suspended or banned.

An official post from a while back: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4vd9on/i_hope_this_will_keep_the_people_away_from_g2a/d5xej23/

The Lionguard have G2A, Kinguin and MMOGA on the blacklist, so you can get banned from Lion’s Arch if you happen to use them. Just stick with the approved merchants so I don’t have to come bail you out, recruit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4crl0k/bought_guildwars_2_heart_of_thorns_key_got_banned/d1kta40/

There’s something charming about rangers.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

G2A is your problem. ArenaNet has it on a blacklist of unauthorized sellers. Buying a key from that site usually results in your account being suspended or banned.

An official post from a while back: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4vd9on/i_hope_this_will_keep_the_people_away_from_g2a/d5xej23/

The Lionguard have G2A, Kinguin and MMOGA on the blacklist, so you can get banned from Lion’s Arch if you happen to use them. Just stick with the approved merchants so I don’t have to come bail you out, recruit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4crl0k/bought_guildwars_2_heart_of_thorns_key_got_banned/d1kta40/

^ and anyone that doesn’t use an Official retailer only has themselves to blame
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical
Pick your country from the drop down and choose digital or retail.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Netjester.3156

Netjester.3156

My account was just suspended. I got the expansion through the Guild Wars 2 website, and bought the base game years ago. There is no reason as to why my account should be suspended. I guess I just have to wait for support to contact me. Since coming back to the game a few days ago I’ve had to petition support twice. I have to jump through hoops to play and its becoming extremely aggravating as I really do enjoy the game.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

My account was just suspended. I got the expansion through the Guild Wars 2 website, and bought the base game years ago. There is no reason as to why my account should be suspended. I guess I just have to wait for support to contact me. Since coming back to the game a few days ago I’ve had to petition support twice. I have to jump through hoops to play and its becoming extremely aggravating as I really do enjoy the game.

Don’t create multiple support tickets for the same problem. It actually makes support take longer to get the help you’re seeking. Give them 72 hours (3 days) to respond. There use to be a stickied thread on the forums to post ticket numbers if you haven’t received a response from support in 3 days so a dev can take a look at it, but the thread seems to have been unstickied some time ago and got lost. You could try posting on Reddit.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Account suspended.

Posted by: Netjester.3156

Netjester.3156

Don’t create multiple support tickets for the same problem. It actually makes support take longer to get the help you’re seeking. Give them 72 hours (3 days) to respond. There use to be a stickied thread on the forums to post ticket numbers if you haven’t received a response from support in 3 days so a dev can take a look at it, but the thread seems to have been unstickied some time ago and got lost. You could try posting on Reddit.

2 separate issues, not for the same issue.