All my characteres are gone

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HizukGamer.9017

HizukGamer.9017

Hello

My name is Fabio and I have a terrible problem with my Guild Wars 2 account.
Today I came back from a 5 day trip I did with my girlfriend and when I got home, one of the first thing I did was get into the game.
When I logged in, I came across one of the worst possible scenes. ALL of my characters have been deleted and my server has been changed.
I had 3 80 level characters, with complete equipment. And 1 low warrior level. And when I got into my account, I only had one Asura lvl 17.
I’m very frustrated and disappointed. I understand that Anet has nothing to do with it, and to be honest I suspect it was some kind of “bad taste” of my brother. Since he knows my password.
I wish I could have my characters and items back, if at all possible. I really love this game and I have created a very special bond with every character I created and played, and I would really like to have it again.
My account currently has a little more gold. I do not remember for sure, it’s between 80 and 90. I do not care about that money, if you have to leave me with only 1 of gold I accept, but please, restore my account.
I gave a /age character on lvl 17 and realized that it exists for 4 days. Then you do not have much time.
And as for the server, you can go back to what it was before, I do not even care about it because I’m not much of a wvwv. It was the Henge of Dehavi server.
I look forward to being helped, I’m desperate. I would love to be able to come back with my account so I can play with my friends again.
My ID is Hizukgamer.9017

Thank you in advance.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You will need to submit a support ticket for assistance from customer support. The support link is located at the top of the page. Also in the future do not let your brother or anyone else know your log in information.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: HizukGamer.9017

HizukGamer.9017

You will need to submit a support ticket for assistance from customer support. The support link is located at the top of the page.

but is possible ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It is possible for accounts to be restored but you will have to submit a support ticket for an official answer from customer support.

The Burninator

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

true but for hacked accounts, since your brother knew your password they might see it diffrently my friend crossing fingers and toes here.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m sure it’s obvious, by the way, but … change your password, turn on two factor authentication, and don’t let your brother in again, kk?

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Anet’s pretty clear on this issue. If they can’t prove you didn’t do it, they stay hands off. If it was done on your machine, that is a you issue, not a them issue.

This is why it’s a terrible idea to let people on your computer, with your password, or if people in your house can’t be trusted, to save the password on your machine.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

As others have stated your best bet is to submit a support ticket.

ArenaNet, generally speaking, will not restore individual characters but I believe they do have the ability to restore your account in its entirety to a specific date. That is, they can roll-back your account to before it was messed with all of your characters in the state that they were previously in.

I can’t promise that they’ll do this for you but you’ll only know if you ask politely.

Best of luck and hopefully you’ll be back in the game soon!

I would also strongly recommend that you set up some kind of 2-factor authentication and change your password. Your brother certainly shouldn’t know your password and if you have 2-factor auth enabled then even if he does find it out he shouldn’t be able to abuse your account in the future.