Ascended Equipment Server Change

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: antares.5916

antares.5916

Hello! I’m planning to return to Guild Wars 2 very soon since I have friends who are only playing just now. However they made their characters in one of the EU servers, and all of my characters and progress are in NA. They are asking me to change to their server.

I got no gems for the server transfer service so that’s out of the question. But I’m willing to delete my characters and start on their server with a new character. If I do it this way and put all of my gears in the bank (could you even put ascended gear in the bank? I forgot.) will I be able to access them when I do change? It’s says in the official FAQ that if I delete my characters, my “gold, bank, achievements points, and titles will not be affected”, so that is a yes? Right?

It’s been 3 years since I last played and I forgot a lot of things. I just don’t want to lose my ascended gears. Thanks in advance!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yes your bank does not get affected. Ascended gear is account bound and can be stored in the bank and used by your future characters.

You would lose your crafts though. You also lose any bag slots you bought. (You can keep the bags) if they’re in the bank.

Honestly, though, 1600 gems isn’t very hard to grind though. If you were able to farm ascended gear, I think it’d be more effective to just gather up gold and convert to gems.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: antares.5916

antares.5916

Yes your bank does not get affected. Ascended gear is account bound and can be stored in the bank and used by your future characters.

You would lose your crafts though. You also lose any bag slots you bought. (You can keep the bags) if they’re in the bank.

Honestly, though, 1600 gems isn’t very hard to grind though. If you were able to farm ascended gear, I think it’d be more effective to just gather up gold and convert to gems.

Oh is that so? Well that is another option I could look into. Thanks for the reply.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Hello! I’m planning to return to Guild Wars 2 very soon since I have friends who are only playing just now. However they made their characters in one of the EU servers, and all of my characters and progress are in NA. They are asking me to change to their server.

Sadly, NA and EU are separate “universes”, and you can’t transfer from an NA server to an EU server to the best of my knowledge.

Your best bet is to contact support in a ticket and see if there is anything they can possibly do.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Sadly, NA and EU are separate “universes”, and you can’t transfer from an NA server to an EU server to the best of my knowledge.

Your best bet is to contact support in a ticket and see if there is anything they can possibly do.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

Players can transfer from NA to EU worlds and vice-versa, but not between China and the EU/NA regions.

Also, honestly, depending on how new your friend’s accounts are, it might be more effective for them to delete their characters and come over here. Worlds don’t affect anything besides WvW and if they say, haven’t even hit 80 yet, then anything else is easy to rebuild…

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.