Audio Device Selection & Bluetooth Headset

Audio Device Selection & Bluetooth Headset

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ZeroSignal.9651

ZeroSignal.9651

On my iMac (21.5" mid 2011 model with 16GB RAM, i7 2.8 Ghz proc, 256 GB SSD & 1GB HDD, Radeon HD 6770M, OS X 10.8.2), the audio choices are:
-Default Device
-Default Audio Device

On my Windows 7 partition that version gives me the following sound options:
-Default Device
-Headphones (Bluetooth Hands-Free Audio) <— when powered on
-Speakers (Cirus Logic CS4206A (AB09))
-Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (Cirus Logic CS4206A (AB09)

Strange how the Mac client doesn’t specify the actual devices like it does on the Windows version. It seems the Cider client needs some tweaking yet.

I also noticed that when I use my Hi-Fi BH-M8 Bluetooth headset, the Mac version of GW2 will shut the headphones off if I tab out of game to check a website. I have to physically shutdown GW2 (Mac) to get my headphones recognized by GW2 again. This is annoying late at night when I’m trying to be quiet, but need to check a GW2 reference website. Curious if these issues are related.

Note: Bluetooth A2DP audio is tricky on both Mac and Window 7. On the Mac I needed to run the following command in Terminal to improve sound quality:
defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent “Apple Bitpool Min (editable)” 40
On Windows 7, there is lousy driver support for the bluetooth headset’s receiver, and I had to download and install the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS028620

It isn’t an official Apple driver, but it works rock solid for me with absolutely no disconnects