Authenticator problem (expired code??)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Konrad.1079

Konrad.1079

I have problem with my Authenticator app. When i type my code and press enter information pops up that i have invalid code (2nd pic). After a few attempts code is finally correct. This happened on both of my accounts. Than i decided to remove this security app, but when i try to do this info pops up that (1st pic) it could be some problem with my phone. But i checked and date and time is correct and the same as on computer. I save current IP, but it feel like my account will be more vulnerable to hackers, maybe i’m wrong. This problem only affect GW2, cause I have the same code app for SWTOR and in this game codes work fine. Anyone know what seems to be a problem?

Attachments:

Posted by: OnyX.9027

OnyX.9027

the gw2 server is 1 minute out of sync which causes the issue

had this issue a few moments ago and what has been written here is 100% correct

the servers are 1 minute out of sync, if you pu tin the correct code the moment it is given by the authenticator then it says it is incorrect, however wait 1 minute for the code to change and enter the previous code and it works

therefore there is a definite 1 minute desync on gw2 server

my post from another thread about this yesterday

Basically
write down an authenticator code it gives you wait until code expires (takes 1 minute) wait 10 secs then put that code as the authenticator code ( or just time +1 minute before pressing enter with the code) and then gw2 client will accept it

GW2 server fault nothing wrong with authenticator as I used it yesterday in other games with no issue

Reservoir Shugo – Necro
Soul of Onyx – Guardian

Posted by: Konrad.1079

Konrad.1079

Thanks, for answer, it very helpful : )

Posted by: Sanwicheees.6720

Sanwicheees.6720

THANK YOU OnyX!

Posted by: Land of Cheese.2584

Land of Cheese.2584

This would lock people out of their accounts completely if the clock on the 2FA server were running fast (you would not be provided the code in your app until after it had expired on the server). With the server clock running slow, you receive the active code before the server advances to it.

They really need to fix this.

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

The issue of needing to wait a little while to use a two-factor auth code should be resolved. Please let us know if you still have any time-based issues with two-factor auth.

Just in case, I’ll also remind anyone who altered or removed two-factor auth from their GW2 account that if you want to re-enable it, you also have to reset/re-synchronize your mobile app’s code for GW2.