Banned for inappropriate language

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Bane.3127

Bane.3127

Hello,

I was recently banned for “inappropriate language” and I wish to know details about my 72 hours-long punishment. The only thing I have done was to call someone in spvp a “f*g” after he/she didn’t follow my requests to move along and go for a different objective since staying near me would waste time and points in the match. Now, I know doing what I did wasn’t called for, but 72 hours is too much; while others spam “sieg heil” at the Shatterer and get reported without being suspended (checked, he was there the next day too doing the same thing), I get grounded for a single word. Also, is me using an offensive word so important that the staff cannot review my reports regarding bots in Southsun which are still there after two months after I submited my tickets? Thank you for taking your time to read my post. Regards.

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Also, is me using an offensive word so important that the staff cannot review my reports regarding bots in Southsun which are still there after two months after I submited my tickets?

Using the offensive word most likely isn’t the main issue – it’s the fact that you directed a highly offensive term in a hostile manner towards another player. ANet I’m sure strive for a safe and enjoyable environment for the whole GW2 community – including you.

A better approach would be to consider that it may be a new player or new to spvp that needs guidance rather than abuse.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The punishment for inappropiate language for a first time offender who hasnt had any record so far is 72 hours. do not talk bout what others have said or done. I have been paying speeding tickets for speeding 3 miles/hour above the speed limit while I have seen other speeding 30 miles/hour and got away with it. saying that is offensive, and you should have used a different word. In the mean time: the new tombraider looks interesting

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

In english translation, “Sieg Heil!” is "Hail Victory

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: Shaolin.7981

Shaolin.7981

Banned for 3 days
so you cant respond back to a person that is trolling you for like 2 hours.
and you finaly tell him to shut the f up.
and he keeps argueing with me.
so i said some nasty wurds and now im banned for 3 days.
i played gw1 for 88 months never got a ban not even for a hour.

Not only do you guys not let people get reported in pvp for afk or leaving
there is no penalty for leaving.
so why is there a penalty for harsh language.?
if some one clearly annoying you for so long while you’re just playing the game.
and you respond back and he/she reports you i get banned.?
where is the logic in that.?

Im done seriusly ban me do watever you want you just banned a guild wars 1 fan
Yes i said it 1

Guild wars 2 system just plain sucks.

Dont even let me get started on the luck based this game really is.
playd 7 months now got all the mats and stil no pre curser when people exploited it.
Yes i know people that dit.
and are stil online til this very day.

people that bug events wont get banned people that exploit wont get banned.

People that react difrent wil get banned.!

Bye !

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Shaolin: All suspensions are reviewed by real people. There have been a complaint bout you and the GM that reviewed that complaint decided that you where out of line. You have the right to appeal by filing a support ticket, but please know that the handling time can take up to 72 hours.

In my personal opinion you where wrong. You should have gently asked the person to leave you alone. When that person didn’t do so you should have blocked the person (richt click the name and block). You had all right to give that person the same treatment you had yourself by reporting at that moment. The knowledge that the other person is going to be banned for stalking you + getting rid of him through the block feature.

Last week several 1000 of accounts have been permantly suspended for exploiting: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Perma-Banned-for-exploit-merged
Two weeks before that the same thing happened, etc. So don’t claim GW2 isnt doing anything bout this

As for bugging events. if proven that people do that on purpose they will get suspended. The point is that it has to be proven here, and a bug is actually an error in the game.

The banningsystem for inapropiate language is the same in GW1 as in GW2. I know that peoplei in your situation has been suspended in GW1 as well. You made a mistake for feeding the troll instead of blocking. You have my symphaty, but not my support. saying what you said was wrong and you should had handled this differently, both in GW1 and GW2. This can happen to you in GW1 as well.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

The moment a player gets on my nerves with something they type I put them on ignore so I don’t read anything from them again. If they typed something profane or abusive I also report them.

There’s no reason to respond or even deal with misbehaving players. Let ArenaNet sort them out, that’s what they pay their staff to do. We’re just supposed to play the game.

I empty my ignore list regularly, but if the same player gets on it repeatedly I give them a nickname to remind me to leave them there.

Posted by: The Scarlet Raven.5416

The Scarlet Raven.5416

This is the main reason why I haven’t touched sPvP. I’m not the best pvp’er around and since I’ve never been in a match I’m sure i’d be absolutely horrible my first few times around, but I just don’t feel like taking abuse from all the jerks in the game while i’m learning.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m with you, Scarlet Raven. It just isn’t worth the abuse.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The language you used — an more than once — was rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. The suspension was appropriate.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet