Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scottywilson.1346

Scottywilson.1346

for several days now i’ve tried using the bltc without success! It open up but theres nothing but a blank screen!

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Next

Hey Scotty,

One of the things we’ve seen fix this issue is if you to delete the Guild Wars 2 folder located within your users library folder. Here are some steps to how you can do that:

1 Click on the “Finder” icon located in your dock or the desktop of your computer to make “Finder” the active program in the finder menu bar.
2 Hold down the “Option” key on your keyboard while clicking “Go” in the finder menu bar. A drop-down will appear.
3 While still holding down the “Option” key, click on “Library” in the “Go” drop-down.
4 Once in the Library folder click on Application Support > Guild Wars 2
5 Move the entire Guild Wars 2 folder to the trash and then empty the trash.

The next time you launch the BLTP it should load up.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Hi Luis! Are you a new Mac forum person? Are you just for us or what?

Just curious as I see a new name on here and we rarely see Anet staff in here.

Posted by: Luis Machado.4256

Previous

Luis Machado.4256

Technical Support

Next

Hi Luis! Are you a new Mac forum person? Are you just for us or what?

Just curious as I see a new name on here and we rarely see Anet staff in here.

Hey Kyllaa,

Yup I’m here just for you guys, to offer what ever help or answers I can. I’m part of the Technical Support team, looks like I’m missing a title but that should be remedied shortly.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Wonderful! Thanks for being here with us; we get quite lonely on the Mac side, but we’ll all be grateful if you being here means that progress will come to us in the Mac beta as well.

I look forward to seeing you on here more.

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Hey Kyllaa,

Yup I’m here just for you guys, to offer what ever help or answers I can. I’m part of the Technical Support team, looks like I’m missing a title but that should be remedied shortly.

Are you portuguese?
If you are, bem vindo! ^^

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

Hey Kyllaa,

Awesome. It’s nice to finally see some love from ANet after 9 months of waiting. Glad to have you here.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Hello Luis, glad to have you here in our little corner of the GW2 community.

Don’t make plans for the weekend, mountain of work coming very soon

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Hello,

I don’t know if you’ve tried this yet,
Open activity monitor and search and close these processes while you’ve shut down Guild Wars 2:
– wineserver
– CVMCompiler
– cookied
– (two instances of) Guild Wars 2

Then just restart gw2 and see if it worked.
(If this was the problem, please let us know! These lingering processes are bugs. A patch to the mac client that forces a shutdown of these when closing the gw2 app should solve a lot of TP issues)

Posted by: DJ Straight Truth.3472

DJ Straight Truth.3472

Hello,

Open activity monitor and search and close these processes while you’ve shut down Guild Wars 2:
– wineserver
– CVMCompiler
– cookied

(If this was the problem, please let us know! These lingering processes are bugs. A patch to the mac client that forces a shutdown of these when closing the gw2 app should solve a lot of TP issues)

Just wanted to say that after clearing my GW2 App support folder, I tried the steps above and they worked INSTANTLY. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

Posted by: Zinn.5041

Zinn.5041

I’ve run into this issue since the last patch. I have tried the removing the Guild Wars 2 folder which made me completely reinstall the program. Still didn’t work. Then I closed the programs that were running from the list Kioshi.6597 posted and it still doesn’t work. I’ve submitted several bugs to identify the place/time the problems arise. Running Macbook pro w/retina 2.5GHz i5, 8GB DDR3, running OS 10.9. Please advise

Posted by: rei.3654

rei.3654

Same issue for me. I’ve tried all troubleshoots, and I mean, all! Including user submitted solutions. Those processes, deleting folders, going to a different map, changing language, etc etc. Some suggestions work for some players but most don’t. This is a known issue, that cannot be fixed, until it is fixed from the development side! Just giving the default troubleshooting steps isn’t a solution. Please fix this for Mac. It is creating lots of issues for months!

(edited by rei.3654)

Posted by: staaksie.8704

staaksie.8704

Same here.. I want to buy gems and it won’t let me…!!!

Posted by: mcjason.6123

mcjason.6123

Hey neat-o! I followed the steps you suggested to fix the BLTC fix, and now my client won’t start at all. Looks like I will have to re-DL the game, and update everything again.

Thanks for that! Looks like I’ll get to play again in a couple days. :\

Posted by: gemnscout.5739

gemnscout.5739

I just want to add that I’m another Mac user who isn’t able to access the BLTC anymore. A couple of weeks ago, the problem was sporadic, but sometimes I could log out and back in and get the various tabs to open.

For the last week or two (since last update?), I get nothing. Just a blank screen on the home page and the spinning icon for all the rest.

I tried clearing the applications using the activity monitor, but this didn’t work. Kind of afraid of deleting Application Support folder given the results for others…

Posted by: gemnscout.5739

gemnscout.5739

Minor update: I followed some tips in the other threads, but the Gem Store still doesn’t work. The other tabs are showing an incomplete interface:

Attachments:

Posted by: rei.3654

rei.3654

In general, the TP / Gem store system design for the mac client needs to be fixed, there are issues with it that are reoccurring and nothing will be able to fix it permanently or not. It only works sometimes, or rarely.

Posted by: skyhi.2467

skyhi.2467

Having issues also. Though it’s confined to the Gem Store. Everything else works just fine. However I have had intermittent issues in the past few weeks as well.

Posted by: ekaw.7431

ekaw.7431

I’ve always had issues accessing BLTC, but usually quitting out of the game and re-launching fixes it (might have to do it more than once).

But now I cannot BUY GEMS.

Everything else works fine, but when I click to BUY GEMS the inset window comes up but is blank and never propogates w/ text. I’ve been searching for a solution and have noticed that MANY people have this issue w/ the Gem Store and issues w/ the BLTC in general on the Mac Client. I’ve tried all the usual fixes and even a few un-usual ones but nothing fixes this.

I’d think that ANet would make it a Priority to fix the module that makes them money, but Oh Well, their loss. Great game tho.

(edited by ekaw.7431)

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

tp has always been messed up for me, and it works around 50% of the time. but Buy Gems indeed almost never works for me. it’s like a rare 10% chance i might be lucky and have it work…. this is a major problem thats preventing us from getting certain things done. even when i have to tp, i have to get a friend or someone to act as my tp and send them gold and have them buy me stuff… that’s just ridiculous, its not always that i can have someone help

Posted by: purdueaustin.1280

purdueaustin.1280

ok so i have a mac and my trading post loads but when i go to buy gems the words do not appear no matter how long i wait. I went under finder and held the option button way and deleted the gw2 file but then i just had to redownload gw2 and that took forever and the gem box still will not show words.

Posted by: Hamgina.6720

Hamgina.6720

So this issue crops up more and more now. It’s gotten to the point where it is beyond an annoyance. I’ve been playing this game on MANY Mac systems now, not just my laptop and every system has the exact same issue: The BLTP randomly stops working, sometimes in the middle of my gaming session! IE: It works when I start but then I get the spinning gold circle of death at any point after that and it NEVER comes back.

I rely on the BLTP heavily for my game play. I’m constantly in there trading stuff or selling things I find. (I don’t craft much: It’s my style) Anyhow, I find it really frustrating when I cannot sell things or purchase things. I can ALWAYS pick things up when they are ready for me, so that’s nice. Otherwise, it’s a little more than a nuisance. This BLTP issue is starting to make the game a frustrating experience.

Like the other users here, I also can no longer purchase GEMS. I purchased $50 of gems in November and it was a decent experience. I wanted to purchase some more but there is zero chance now since the Winter patch came out. I get a blank screen like everyone else. It’s not possible at this time to purchase gems. I’m sorry, but I don’t have a Windows machine handy to hop into the game to purchase GEMS. I only own Mac computers and I realize the Mac is cough cough “beta”, but it’s been “beta” for over a year now so please don’t use that as an excuse to not support us. Apple computers are a big segment for AN so please dig in and solve this problem.

PLEASE for the love of Tyria, fix this. It’s not an “inconvenience” any more. It’s a real drag on game play and it makes me not want to play it or give you my money via gems when it doesn’t work!

So I also have to re-download a “tgUpdate v1.11” every time I play the game (Pre-launcher)…Screen shot attached. This started with the new Winterfest Update. In addition to that, I also have issues with

Attachments:

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Oh I know what you mean about the BLTP and the ‘gold circle of death’. It is very annoying indeed.

There is a fix for the tgUpdate in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/TgUpdate-1-11-everytime-i-open-the-launcher/page/2. This also fixes the gem store blank screen too (and the hyperactive mouse). However, my game loaded a new patch today which I assume might incorporate that fix.

Posted by: Helgan.6490

Helgan.6490

Oh I know what you mean about the BLTP and the ‘gold circle of death’. It is very annoying indeed.

There is a fix for the tgUpdate in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/TgUpdate-1-11-everytime-i-open-the-launcher/page/2. This also fixes the gem store blank screen too (and the hyperactive mouse). However, my game loaded a new patch today which I assume might incorporate that fix.

I have posted in this thread because I too had all the problems that were attributed to the tgUpdate. My problems were solved (so try it!) but the TP is still as buggy as before. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. If it doesn’t then there is no chance it will work; restarting does solve it though (sometimes…).

I am in the process of testing some theories:

• If the first opening of the TP is via right-clicking an item to sell, it will work.
  • If on pressing ‘O’ I don’t let the first window load (so I am not waiting for the yellow circle to disappear) and skip to a next pane (buying gems, selling items) it may break.
    Generally I think that the TP gets stuck in loading some part and it will not continue anything before that is complete.

I will get back on these.

P.S. Just now I opened and could get the gemstore; the currency exchange locked, but I could sell and buy items.

iMac med2010 3,2GHz i3
4GB 1333MHz DDR3
OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Posted by: SairyouJiyuu.4781

SairyouJiyuu.4781

Hello,

– wineserver
– CVMCompiler
– cookied

Just wanted to say that after clearing my GW2 App support folder, I tried the steps above and they worked INSTANTLY. THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

Closing those background application those do the trick. Programming staff should definitely look into this.

????

Posted by: darwin.2790

darwin.2790

Why everytime I switch toon, stop playing for a day, etc etc, my BLTP always show a blank screen. I’ve relog, restart client but no result.

Each time I need to apply that GWII-Update-009524 that I got from somewhere within forum to make it works.
It’s not major, but so annoying if I need to do it every day. Sigh

Anything to fix this permanently?

Posted by: DanNoland.6057

DanNoland.6057

Blank Screen. Always i can’t do anything to fix it. Cookied killed, temp. Files deleted, restart. I can’t even visit the gem shop. A bit annoying because my guildies have to sell my stuff…

Does anyone know how to fix it? Does the old fix (TG Update) still work and does anyone have the link?

Posted by: darwin.2790

darwin.2790

You could try this http://cider.ncplatform.net/Live/GWII-Update-009524.tgz
Works for me, but still annoying if we need to do it everytime we play.
I raised a ticket for it tho, will get back to this post if anything good came up.

DanNoland.6057

It definetely doesn’t work for me. I tried to delete the App Support GW2 folder and redownload it. No connection could be established and i had to restore the old folder….anyway…the problem stays.

[Edit] It doesn’t even work with the PlayOnMac Client…that always worked before. Strange.

(edited by DanNoland.6057)

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

This always works for me:
CLOSE guild wars 2 completely.
Use activity Monitor and find these 4 processes and close them if they are up (force quit):
– wineserver
– CVMCompiler
– cookied
– (multiple) Guild Wars 2

Then start Guild Wars again.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Thanks all. Got it working last night. I windowed, deleted cookied. I can’t remember if I had to restart GW2, but I think just windowing it did the job. At least I know lots of things to try if it happens again.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: zdrtx.5920

zdrtx.5920

I’ve always had problems with the trading post (e.g. gem store) being blank in the past, but I’ve usually been able to fix it my searching and deleting a folder called gw2cache*. Today, that isn’t working. I’ve tried all of the other suggested things here (killing things with Activity Monitor, deleting Temporary Internet Files in Application Support), but nothing is working.

I haven’t tried re-installing yet, but I might have to.

Big Ball, Sudbear Freepaw, Zaderi
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Guyver.1426

Guyver.1426

I used to delete the “local.dat file” before login. 95% the TP functions normally.

DanNoland.6057

I used to delete the “local.dat file” before login. 95% the TP functions normally.

Can you tell us where this file is located?

Lankybrit.4598

Hi,

Yes, I’ve seen the threads. I know there are workarounds that will get the TP to function properly. But having to do those workarounds all the time is leading to the Mac being an inferior version, and reduces the enjoyment of the game. Especially because it can take a minute or two to get the TP up and running, when everyone else can get it up in an instant.

Please please please fix this, ANet.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: redeyedx.3514

redeyedx.3514

Hi Dan.

Here is the location of the Locat.dat file.

[username]>Library>Application Support>Guild Wars 2>p_drive>user>Application Data>Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Vampirate.7054

Vampirate.7054

what is “local.dat.file” stand for?

DanNoland.6057

I tried it yesterday…found it on my own, thanks anyway The local.dat saves some of your personal setting, e.g. your login data or your graphic settings,

And…tadaaa…it doesn’t work (for me) -.-

I give up.

Lankybrit.4598

What I’ve been doing is exiting GW2, deleting the wineserver, and cookied processes, starting up GW2 in window mode. If I see cookied again I stop it. Then the TP seems to work for me depending on the position of the moon and alignment of other planets.

Updated every Monday

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

I deleted the “cookied,” “wineserver,” and “CVMCompiler” and all it did was make the BLTP not lie and say it’s loading. It tries to load for maybe a quarter of a second, then just sits there, blank.

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

Awesome. I think this is new.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bettik.4982

Bettik.4982

^this. same here…

Posted by: Saikano.7853

Saikano.7853

yes! not working!
bump bump
grrr
u know what!? i quit gw2!

(edited by Saikano.7853)

Posted by: tairazilla.4901

tairazilla.4901

yup. doesn’t work for me either. Previously, it worked every now and then. If it doesn’t work, then I would relog. It is quite tedious.

I found on the forums that there was a quick fix by changing your language to french. it worked right away for me.

HOWEVER, when i logged back on later in the day, the bltp doesn’t work at all.
i tried deleting cache and stopping processes etc. it just wont come back at all.

my specs:
mbp 13 inch late 2012
2.5 ghz intel core
8 gb 1600 mhz

well, guess i will take a break until the april 15th update. or i could play elder scrolls that my friend keeps telling me to play

Attachments:

Posted by: shazeal.5038

shazeal.5038

Same here for me, I dont think this is an isolated problem. Have tried deleting “L/AS/Guild Wars 2” folder no difference. Only started happening a couple of hours ago.

Posted by: Jeremy.7049

Jeremy.7049

I’ve literally tried all of the suggested solutions. Nothing has worked. I was going to change my language to French but that would require re-downloading the whole game apparently. Really hope someone can figure out what’s going on . . .

Posted by: Leila.7269

Leila.7269

Add me to the list.. spins for a moment if at all and just blank TP
Like others I’ve tried the usual tricks.

iMac 27" 3.5ghz i7 24g ram Nvidia GTX 780 4g vram

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

same here. so encumbered…

rmbp 15" 2.7ghz i7 16gb ram

Posted by: ServiceDroid.4215

ServiceDroid.4215

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Attachments:

Posted by: shazeal.5038

shazeal.5038

Just copied the GW data/exe files to a Crossover bottle and Trading Company works perfectly first time. Definitely an issue with the Cider wrapper.