Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ErinGoBragh.2631

ErinGoBragh.2631

Hello all,

I talked to the Mac team this morning. A fix for the most recent TP issue is going in today. Regarding the on-going issues in this thread, they tell me that it it actually spans across more than the Mac client. And they’ll have more information on those fixes later.

Thank you for the update.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Hello all,

I talked to the Mac team this morning. A fix for the most recent TP issue is going in today. Regarding the on-going issues in this thread, they tell me that it it actually spans across more than the Mac client. And they’ll have more information on those fixes later.

Thanks for the update. I can’t imagine it spans more than Mac though, because I booted up in Bootcamp Windows this morning and it worked fine.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Seriously hoping that isn’t the client update I just loaded, ‘cos that doesn’t work either. No release note so I can’t say yet.

Posted by: UrsaMaritima.8604

UrsaMaritima.8604

Thank you for the update, Danica. I have been having this same problem since yesterday and am looking forward to a fix.

Posted by: MageIanBorthwick.3054

MageIanBorthwick.3054

Hello all,

This sounds an awful lot like:

“This is only being addressed because it affects the NON-Mac community”

Posted by: PhantasmBeserker.8269

PhantasmBeserker.8269

Hello all,

Thanks for telling us, Danicia. The sooner it’s fixed the better, because I really was looking forward getting me some gems.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Hello all,

To be fair:

That’s one interpretation… it can also be read as “we’re not ignoring you because this was only affecting mac users – this was a broader defect than just in the mac client and root cause needed to be identified”.

Posted by: UberAlpha.2560

UberAlpha.2560

Hello all,

Thanks for the update and speedy fix Danicia!

Posted by: tantibus.1986

tantibus.1986

Hello all,

Thanks for the update and addressing the issue.

Posted by: kjimmies.1850

kjimmies.1850

I’ve been trying all day to bring up the tp, any idea when this correction will take place?

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello all,

The one issue is very specific to you. The ongoing ones are not. Hope that helps clarify.

Posted by: Kaleb.3027

Kaleb.3027

Someone has good feedback now? cause here seems the same as yesterday

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

Thank you to the two Anet people who actually responded. I know it’ll take time for the fix, and I’m being patient. I just wanted to hear that you guys know there’s a problem and you’re trying to fix us. We just want to hear from you guys.

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

same its not working at all,,, its black black lion window nothing what so ever, if there was a fix ,,, it obviously didn’t work

Attachments:

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

and more snap shot here,,,,, this is as far i have been able to load after waiting for 15 minutes

Attachments:

Posted by: NomadicOne.6150

NomadicOne.6150

There was a red reply posted on a reddit thread that gave a bit more info:
Tivac Lead Web Programmer 7 points 37 minutes ago
This latest problem is related to changes our CDN providers made to protect users against http://heartbleed.com/ – the Mac client doesn’t deal well with HTTPs certificates changing.
New Mac build should be happening soon with a fix for this.

Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

This latest problem is related to changes our CDN providers made to protect users against http://heartbleed.com/ – the Mac client doesn’t deal well with HTTPs certificates changing.

Thanks for finding that. Makes sense now.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Thanks for finding that. Makes sense now.

It does, considering every major Internet presence on the planet’s jumping through hoops right now related to heartbleed.

Posted by: Last Sorrow.2937

Last Sorrow.2937

Bet they patched heartbleed and this is the backlash for us port users

Guess, I should have read the whole thread first ^^

rMBP 15-inch, Early 2013 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB – OSX 10.9.2

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Hello all,

The one issue is very specific to you. The ongoing ones are not. Hope that helps clarify.

That is what I thought was going on. Appreciate the update regarding our issue.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

well… hope they fix it soon, bc windows isn’t going back on my imac.
Fricking windows partition trashed the osx part of my harddrive too much last time.
had kittenload of troubles getting it back restored

I still have the partition, does it damage the HD? If so I must consider removing it pronto! SWTOR is generally vastly inferior to this anyway except they have a reliable trading post (That’s rooted in specific areas unfortunately)

It corrupted my partition, spend full day on trying to get a clean install of osx, did finally succeed

I really hope this isn’t the same story for mine, I will for sure backup important stuff if I ever remove the partition. If this does happen I’d have to get Mavericks, at least it’s free for now but am happy with Lion.

If it’s not exclusive to the mac beta this tp problem isn’t affecting enough users to warrant a quicker fix sadly or we’d see a down for maintenance quaggan

(edited by Yifang.8260)

Posted by: markswiftgem.2489

markswiftgem.2489

Being really new to macs I’m currently extremely confused as to what on earth is going on. I appreciate it is being fixed but I refresh this page often to see if there is a bug fix and people are talking about backing things up and whatnot, I honestly have no idea what’s going on haha. If there is anything I need to be doing for my mac could you guys fill me in?

Posted by: ayelienne.8951

ayelienne.8951

Hey there, at this point, the current issue is a problem with the game code; the developers are working on a fix that they will push out automatically when it’s ready for release. No need to do anything at this point.

Being really new to macs I’m currently extremely confused as to what on earth is going on. I appreciate it is being fixed but I refresh this page often to see if there is a bug fix and people are talking about backing things up and whatnot, I honestly have no idea what’s going on haha. If there is anything I need to be doing for my mac could you guys fill me in?

markswiftgem.2489

Hey there, at this point, the current issue is a problem with the game code; the developers are working on a fix that they will push out automatically when it’s ready for release. No need to do anything at this point.

Oh alright thank you

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Not really. Just stand by for the announcement of a fix. With the Mac Beta client, when things break it is really just a waiting game. We have been told a fix is on the way and the best we can do is wait for it.

The Burninator

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

I have a real update for you. The fix is going in tomorrow in a hotfix tomorrow morning (4/11).

Posted by: ErinGoBragh.2631

ErinGoBragh.2631

I have a real update for you. The fix is going in tomorrow in a hotfix tomorrow morning (4/11).

That sounds amazing, I can get my gem spending done and finally clear out some bags tomorrow. Thank you for the update!

JustTrogdor.7892

So I guess Mac users miss out on this:

Free Bank Access Express
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Free-Promotion-Bank-Access-Express/first#post3878915

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Thanks-for-the-Freebies/first#post3879219

Not like it is a mega huge free item, but we are left out either way as these free items are usually one day only.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Yep this all I have been getting for the last two hours. anyone know what to do to fix this? I have things I would like to sell before they crash on the market.

Attachments:

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

markswiftgem.2489

That’s great news thank you for the update

Yifang.8260

Free Bank Access Express
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Free-Promotion-Bank-Access-Express/first#post3878915

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Thanks-for-the-Freebies/first#post3879219

Not like it is a mega huge free item, but we are left out either way as these free items are usually one day only.

At this point no major loss as I got the deluxe edition thankfully before this debacle, though not at an attractive gem exchange rate… So I will have free bank accesses for 3 weeks on every character past present and future. I often wasted the 1 time access items anyway as I’d automatically hit the esc key and waste it by mistake hehe.

A handy utility tool to use is the Console, reports everything that goes on behind the scenes, was able to work out when faults were not on my end for other games, which is useful to know. I’ve been a mac user since late 2012 but am no expert either, nevertheless will say they are far easier to use than PCs!

(edited by Yifang.8260)

JustTrogdor.7892

Free Bank Access Express

At this point no major loss as I got the deluxe edition thankfully before this debacle

But the rest of us are out of luck. Sure it isn’t a huge item, but unlike our PC friends we don’t get one because we play on Mac. Of course they could extend the offer for a day on the grounds that Mac customers could not take advantage of it.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Yifang.8260

Free Bank Access Express

At this point no major loss as I got the deluxe edition thankfully before this debacle

But the rest of us are out of luck. Sure it isn’t a huge item, but unlike our PC friends we don’t get one because we play on Mac.

Is an injustice, think anet should mail whatever we missed since this issue emerged, assuming they can tell who has it affected.

Posted by: Flurry.9145

Flurry.9145

Thanks! Can’t wait to get back in

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Free Bank Access Express

But the rest of us are out of luck. Sure it isn’t a huge item, but unlike our PC friends we don’t get one because we play on Mac. Of course they could extend the offer for a day on the grounds that Mac customers could not take advantage of it.

You will get one; it is not expiring today.

Posted by: tantibus.1986

tantibus.1986

Glad to hear the good news! Thanks

JustTrogdor.7892

Free Bank Access Express

You will get one; it is not expiring today.

Thank you! I know it is a trivial thing. Just good to know we won’t be left out due to this bug.

The Burninator

Posted by: POW.3158

POW.3158

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Posted by: evoRobot.4019

evoRobot.4019

Thanks for the update!! Much appreciated.

Xscape

Posted by: Firkin.2847

Firkin.2847

I just experienced this issue—within the last few hours. Thanks for the update.
By the way, is there some reason why the ’ key comes out : and other similar changes in chat? Is that also a Mac thing?

Posted by: knightblaster.7420

knightblaster.7420

Thanks for the update.

Posted by: Jose Sabido.3619

Jose Sabido.3619

Thaaaaaank you <3<3<3,
i really hope this update solve this problem

Posted by: Chloe the Meow.7538

Chloe the Meow.7538

Hello all,

thank you dania!!

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Hello all,

Just glad to read that you finally have a ‘real’ Mac team working on the game, and not as it was a few months ago, when everyone did some/none work on the macclient.

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: Chloe the Meow.7538

Chloe the Meow.7538

the problem is still here…nothing fixed yet

Posted by: wallysaba.9126

wallysaba.9126

I have the same problem guys T_T why we can’t use bltp?

Posted by: Tarnus.8917

Tarnus.8917

They said tomorrow morning by which I assume they mean PDT (“Seattle-time”). And by that it’s 4.57 AM, so I wouldn’t expect to see the fix earlier then 5 hours from now.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

Take it easy, guys, take it easy.

Posted by: Darkan.1387

Darkan.1387

Please let us know in this post as soon as the fix is out. I wont be playing until it is fixed (unthinkable playing with bags full).

Posted by: Raven.5903

Raven.5903

Same issue. Have turned in Service requests. Booted the link to Google Chrome browser to check the DB. Turns out that info (which is supposed to work) is scrambled also. I think they have a big problem on their hands.