Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Raven.5903

Raven.5903

Same problem. Even checked the external link to Google Chrome which is supposed to be the default browser for the DB. It is mostly scrambled also.

Posted by: Zekisu.7048

Zekisu.7048

Yeah this issue has gone on long enough THANK GOD you finally have a Hotfix for this. I was about to make a Wineskin wrapper for the sake of getting the game to ACTUALLY work correctly! Sheesh! Co-worker wants to play and I finally have someone other then random people that don’t talk to play with and this happens. :S

Posted by: HuggableHedgehog.5431

HuggableHedgehog.5431

Yea thank you, have been struggling to find a response for the blank screen, hopefully it gets resolved soon, would like to buy some stuff

Posted by: Eldermord.5619

Eldermord.5619

i returned to the game after a long long long break and very nearly walked away because of the problems. i thought it was just me as i couldn’t find any issues on google that weren’t several months old

guess ill hold out for this hot fix.

i take it its not landed yet? cos mines just the same

Posted by: fxyz.6310

fxyz.6310

I really wanna know if Kassmer’s Staff skin sold in these down days. I missed it in last sale.

Posted by: kronos.4761

kronos.4761

yup same problem ….3 days now it changed from that weird page that many screen shot
to show absolutely nothing….and then again back to that screen today ……

What is defined as 4/11 morning m8?

Posted by: Moridin.5670

Moridin.5670

So can anybody verify that the fix has gone in and that it is working?

At my last check, yesterday evening, I still get what’s in the attached photo.

I’ve sent in a request but have heard nothing back. I am wondering too if this change will somehow be fouled up with he release of the upcoming patch, which, seems a major patch.

Anyhoo, I hope somebody can confirm the fix.

-Cheers-

Attachments:

Posted by: Zai.1724

Zai.1724

Can verify that it is still the same. Nothing has been update just yet. Still getting that image in my BLTP

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So can anybody verify that the fix has gone in and that it is working?

It is currently 8:05 AM Anet time. I imagine they are not in the office yet so give them some time. You know to get some coffee and what not.

I have a real update for you. The fix is going in tomorrow in a hotfix tomorrow morning (4/11).

The Burninator

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

Yep, it’s so hard to be patient for east coast though.
I really, really, really, really hope the fix works.

JustTrogdor.7892

Well, you are going to have to do your best to try.

The Burninator

Posted by: Moridin.5670

Moridin.5670

Well, you are going to have to do your best to try.

All I care about is being able to go home after spending the day here at the office watching the bagels get stale so I can relax with a bit of wine, a smoke, and some Guardian play XD I am currently enjoying the office conversation about WHAT TO DO FOR LUNCH here on the East Coast and I’d like to rip out my hair.

Posted by: Vampirate.7054

Vampirate.7054

ooo!!! my toon become the poor without the TP, need fix .

Posted by: SilentRain.5324

SilentRain.5324

It’s been 2-3 days now since the BLTC has stopped working for me. It worked fine until around 8pm on Tuesday but it has yet to be fixed. I tried all the methods mentioned in this forum as well as some others while searching Google. No matter what I try, all I get is either a completely blank screen, a golden loading circle or if I’m lucky, a screen very similar to Moridin.5670’s (and many others).

GW staff, please fix this soon or in the next update because it’s starting to drive me nuts having over-encombered characters and missing out on selling my extra equipment. BLTC is very important to us players!

Attachments:

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

I just arrived at work. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from the team.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

folks, it will be obvious upon launching GW2 whether they pushed the patch out or not… big red progress bar and the word “downloading”. If you’ve not seen that, it ain’t gone out yet.

Posted by: Darkan.1387

Darkan.1387

folks, it will be obvious upon launching GW2 whether they pushed the patch out or not… big red progress bar and the word “downloading”. If you’ve not seen that, it ain’t gone out yet.

Not necessarily, the patch could be server side and not client side.

KarateKid.5648

Not necessarily, the patch could be server side and not client side.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Black-Lion-Trading-company/page/5#post3880773

Posted by: Eldermord.5619

Eldermord.5619

why why didnt they just say it was a heart bleed issue then we would all understand…

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Well I guess that no fix has been made yet.

Let’s see if I have got this correct? A change was made with no consideration whatsoever of the Mac community. If there was any, then they would have tested the fix and not made it until they had got it right for all. Instead they went ahead and compromised Mac users without consideration.

As a result, we are unable to price, sell or buy anything on the tp in a critical period leading into a major update. We also are missing out on various specials and discounts in the gem store, and we cannot deal in gems. Most importantly, we cannot use the gems they charged us real world dollars for (which I guess makes for an interesting legal position).

Now, we have several additional days of waiting for a series of promised fixes, none of
which seem to be appearing. Guess they love the Mac community with all their hearts.

Posted by: Chloe the Meow.7538

Chloe the Meow.7538

I just arrived at work. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from the team.

thanks Danicia! we’re waiting for your good news!

Posted by: SilentRain.5324

SilentRain.5324

Thank you so much for the update. Greatly appreciated!!

Zai.1724

3 days later… still no news.. :/ Im a sad person right now

Posted by: DavidSev.6978

DavidSev.6978

Well I guess that no fix has been made yet.

Let’s see if I have got this correct? A change was made with no consideration whatsoever of the Mac community. If there was any, then they would have tested the fix and not made it until they had got it right for all. Instead they went ahead and compromised Mac users without consideration.

As a result, we are unable to price, sell or buy anything on the tp in a critical period leading into a major update. We also are missing out on various specials and discounts in the gem store, and we cannot deal in gems. Most importantly, we cannot use the gems they charged us real world dollars for (which I guess makes for an interesting legal position).

Now, we have several additional days of waiting for a series of promised fixes, none of
which seem to be appearing. Guess they love the Mac community with all their hearts.

Yeah, your right. It’s disgraceful that Amazon forgot to check GW2 before rolling their keys. They should defiantly have left all their millions of customers vulnerable to heartbleed related issues and delayed the critical security change.

In case you didn’t realise, </sarcasm>

EDIT: It’s also not “an interesting legal position”. Maybe you should read the contracts you’re agreeing to?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

This is a good example of why we need better communication. It is pretty clear that this, while sucky for us, wasn’t really avoidable. Hopefully in the future they can be a bit faster to fix such problems but I think explaining what is going on will help us understand what is going on and be less likely to think Anet is just being dumb.

JustTrogdor.7892

This is a good example of why we need better communication. It is pretty clear that this, while sucky for us, wasn’t really avoidable. Hopefully in the future they can be a bit faster to fix such problems but I think explaining what is going on will help us understand what is going on and be less likely to think Anet is just being dumb.

Well it seems someone posted more information about it, on Reddit. I’m not sure why they couldn’t have posted the same info here. Luckily another member found it and posted it.

The Burninator

KarateKid.5648

Let’s see if I have got this correct?…

Assuming you’re referring to THIS issue only…

“…A change was made with no consideration whatsoever of the Mac community…”
Partially correct: Could they have tested what the effect of their CDN providers reissuing SSL certs would be on the Mac Cider implementation? Yah. Would there have been any logical reason to think it was gonna puke? Not really.

“…Instead they went ahead and compromised Mac users without consideration…”
This doesn’t have proper context on how you’re using the word “compromised”, so cannot be answered.

KarateKid.5648

Well it seems someone posted more information about it, on Reddit. I’m not sure why they couldn’t have posted the same info here. Luckily another member found it and posted it.

THIS started to annoy me a few Living Stories back – I understand marketing nerds wanting to spread the word through multiple different outlets (i.e. having devs comment in reddit or releasing info through non-Anet outlets like Dulfy); but it would be much less confusing and annoying if it was re-published or aggregated HERE in the official forums afterward.

Posted by: Alex DeLarge.4957

Alex DeLarge.4957

I’m not a computer genius. That’s why I got a Mac. How much longer will the Mac version be in beta? Will there ever be a full fledged Mac version? If so when will it be available? If no, why the heck not?!

Attachments:

It’s a game not a lifestyle.

(edited by Alex DeLarge.4957)

Posted by: Last Sorrow.2937

Last Sorrow.2937

@ CC Danicia – Are we looking at reset for the hotfix?

rMBP 15-inch, Early 2013 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB – OSX 10.9.2

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

IKR, I thought the fix was supposed to be this morning (4/11)…

Posted by: fxyz.6310

fxyz.6310

IKR, I thought the fix was supposed to be this morning (4/11)…

4/11, but not 2014.. who knows, lol

Posted by: tairazilla.4901

tairazilla.4901

it is 11:57am pacific time. almost noon now.
Go go go Mac team at Anet, we believe in you!

so far…i have been salvaging all my loot lol, but that’s filling up quickly since I can’t put any more mats in my bank. well, guess i could vendor them at a very low price.

Posted by: Ormawachi.8670

Ormawachi.8670

it is still before 10AM in Hawaii, though that doesn’t really make me feel any better in the central time zone

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

“this no work where club for smash! "
lol XD jk

Attachments:

(edited by caveman.5840)

Alex DeLarge.4957

There’s a new version/tense of rage quit.

Attachments:

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Just got the new build; we’re getting closer!

Posted by: kurokiss.8140

kurokiss.8140

Thank you for the news Danicia. Sorry everyone’s being so…rude about this. :/

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

got to make some jokes while waiting XD
but it is nice to see them hop on this quick
and stay in touch

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

is there an ETA as to when its going up?

Zai.1724

Yeah ETA would be really helpful, appreciate all the effort put in to this!

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

This is just pathetic I’ve had this issue for about 4 days straight were i cannot access trading company. This is just pathetic and the fact that there is none from anet to step up and say a thing is even more grand. Truly just horrid support for the Mac. It has been this way for ages with this company though. I wonder if they are BBB registered and filing a formal complaint would do anything.

Alex DeLarge.4957

Thank you for the news Danicia. Sorry everyone’s being so…rude about this. :/

Thanks Danicia. Sorry for the sanctimony of some during this time of crisis.

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

Just to keep pumping this post:

- This is my third day and still no TP… I’m so patient so it’s ok.
- And I just wanted to throw a big THANKS to DANICIA for keep updating us with the fix, along with BRIAN S, who is also a supporter who kept informing me with the updates thru my email.

I really appreciate the effort you are putting guys in fixing this problem, all the best of luck.

Posted by: Ayahuaska.3567

Ayahuaska.3567

Thanks for keeping us updated, scrolled through the last bit of this thread in hopes of seeing something along these lines

My inventory can’t hold much more hehe

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

still the same nothing changed

Posted by: UrsaMaritima.8604

UrsaMaritima.8604

still the same nothing changed

Seeing as the build hasn’t gone live yet, this is not surprising. :P

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Well I’m no longer getting an off-looking template that doesn’t work and now just getting a blank trade window… so I’m guessing something changed. Hoping it gets worked out completely shortly.

edit: tabbed back in and the odd looking format was loaded. spoke too soon xD

Posted by: daemon.1387

daemon.1387

You got to wait for them to push out the new build. you’ll know when they’ve done that when you see stuff being downloaded on the GW2 launcher.

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

Thanks for responding Danicia =).