Black screen + GPU fans going crazy

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

For a few days now whenever I play GW2, within 10 mins or so the screen goes black and the GPU fans go crazy. Sometimes this happens as soon as I start the game. The only option at that point is to restart the PC. I have tried running the game in 32 bit mode. I have tried lowest settings. I have tried all the Frame Limiter options. Nothing seems to stop the black screen crash.

I have also stresstested my CPU with Prime95 and GPU with FurMark. They do not crash whilst stresstesting, nor do they crash in any other games. This is something that is only happening in GW2.

What could possibly be happening? What else should I try?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the Tech CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

The thing with stress test it’s synthetic, does not perform exactly the same because the way game engines work is a totally different beast.
My PC kept blue screened in games in less than 5 min, but stress tests run fine over 30min, eventually found out it was due to faulty PSU.

Have you tried other games? or older GPU drivers?
Also, are the fans controlled by a controller software? like Corsair Link.

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

If possible substitute a known good power supply into your system.