Can not use Trading Post "net: :ERR_ABORTED"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Blood Rage.1097

Blood Rage.1097

I have this error “net: :ERR_ABORTED” when I try to use Trading post. It was unresolved last year when I quit, this year the problem still persists.

I have TRIED:
disabling AVG anti virus
Added bin/CoherentUI_Host.exe & Gw2.exe & folder to anti virus Exception.
Added bin/CoherentUI_Host.exe & Gw2.exe & folder to Windows Firewall Exception.
Added to Port forwarding TCP 80,443,6112,6600.
Run gw2.exe as administrator
Repaired Guild wars 2 by using shortcut and renaming it Guild Wars 2 Repair, ran it.
Deleted “gw2cache-{RANDOM NUMBERS}” at C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp
My computer was formatted, Windows XP reinstalled.
Restarted Computer

I tried searching for this “net: :ERR_ABORTED” on google, in GW2 Forum. Others have the same problem and no one has an answer yet.

I made a support ticket, hope they will give me an answer soon.

Attachments:

(edited by Blood Rage.1097)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Simply disabling your security software doesn’t always actually disable it. Even uninstalling it can leave hooks in your system. You need to add an exception for the bin folder located where Gw2.exe is, bin/CoherentUI_Host.exe specifically.

Check your firewall or any other security software that may prevent network access.

Posted by: avshar.1460

avshar.1460

I have the same problem and my exceptions list does include bin. So that is not the reason. This started for me about a month and a half ago. I have been through way too many guesses as to how to fix this from the wonderful support peeps and it is still broken. My ticket is now at the don’t contact us anymore point. They obviously have no clue.

Healix.5819

Your security software may have multiple exclusion lists for different components. Specifically, you will want to disable sandboxing if available and add an exclusion to your firewall for CoherentUI_Host.exe. What security software are you running (anti-virus and firewall)?

ERR_ABORTED is a standard connection error, meaning the connection was interrupted and closed. In this case, it’s actually a Chrome(ium) error since CoherentUI is based on it. If you first started encountering this problem back at the start of September, that’s because they switched from Awesomium to CoherentUI.

There are a few other reasons besides security software that may cause this.

But first, a simple test. Open the folder where GW2 (Gw2.exe) is located and delete the bin folder. Open the %appdata% folder and delete the Guild Wars 2 folder. Open the %temp% folder and delete every folder that begins with gw2cache. Lastly, delete Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat if it exists. Go back to the folder with Gw2.exe, right click it and run it as an administrator. Test it.

Continuing on,

Open the Control Panel and open Internet Options. Under the connections tab, click LAN settings. Uncheck all the boxes and click OK.

Open the start menu and search for cmd. Right click cmd.exe and open it as an administrator. In the command prompt window, enter the following commands:

You can copy/paste by right clicking the command prompt window.

First, verify that you can ping the trading post:

ping tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net

Open https://tradingpost-dfw-live.ncplatform.net/humans.txt in your web browser to verify you can access this simple text file with dev names.

Next, reset Winsock and TCP/IP:

netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset

You can close the command prompt window.

Open the start menu and search for notepad. Right click it and run it as an administrator.

Open the file: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Every line should either start with a # (a comment) or be an empty line. Anything that isn’t is remapping a domain’s IP address to something else. If you were able to access the humans.txt file earlier, you don’t need to do anything, otherwise, verify that any GW2 related domains aren’t be overridden.

Reboot your computer.

Open the control panel and internet options again. Under the connections tab, click LAN settings and verify that everything is still unchecked. If something was checked, you have software on your computer that is modifying your internet connection, such as proxy software or a virus.

Disable your anti-virus and firewall. Be sure to disable all of their components. Disable any proxy or VPN software and any other network/internet monitoring or filtering related software you may be running.

Open the folder where GW2 is located, right click Gw2.exe and run it as an administrator.

If it still fails, press WindowsKey+R and open msconfig. Under the services tab check hide all Microsoft services and then click disable all. Under the startup tab click disable all. Click OK and reboot. This will cause all non essential programs and services to be disabled. Undo this after you’re done by doing the same except this time clicking enable all.

If it still fails, uninstall your security software by first checking for any specialized removal tools they may offer. Some software for example creates a mess and can’t simply be uninstalled completely by normal means. If it still fails after all that, you should probably reformat and re-install Windows, because your system is likely corrupted or infected.

If it worked however, re-enable anything you disabled one by one to identify what was causing the problem.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

But first, a simple test. Open the folder where GW2 (Gw2.exe) is located and delete the bin folder. Open the %appdata% folder and delete the Guild Wars 2 folder. Open the %temp% folder and delete every folder that begins with gw2cache. Go back to the folder with Gw2.exe, right click it and run it as an administrator. Test it.

Careful with that .. your screenshots are also in your %appdata% folder

So i would first delete the gw2cache folder in your temp , and then maybe the
local.dat in appdata but not the complete appdata-folder.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Healix.5819

Your screenshots should be located under Documents\Guild Wars 2\Screens, compared to %appdata% which is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Your screenshots should be located under Documents\Guild Wars 2\Screens, compared to %appdata% which is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming.

Ahh .. ok .. then i didn’t noticed that there was a third relevant folder beside the one
where my local.dat is located and the temp folder.

Oh .. it seems to be this then :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Local-dat-file-relocated

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: avshar.1460

avshar.1460

Awesome reply Healix. I will try these soon. Have to find the time. I will reply with the results. Your reply was far more informative than anything the support staff has done. Thank you.