Can't click back into Gw2 after alt/tab

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Recently, whenever I’m in game and decide to alt/tab, I’m no longer able to click the GW2 tab to re-enter the game. Even alt/tab’ing back into the game doesn’t work. I click the icon and nothing happens. This is only the case with full screen mode. It works fine in windowed full screen mode.

Any thoughts?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ST Babaganosh.3745

ST Babaganosh.3745

Could be a resource issue. How much free Ram and Processor resources do you have once you alt tab out? If it just started maybe something new is running on the system locking the process or taking up- resources Maybe your video card drivers updated? Remove and reinstall your video card drivers. Once that is done you could also reinstall the game client. Instructions here http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Locate your Gw2.exe file.
Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -repair)
Click OK.

If that doesn’t work you could install Process Lasso and turn on gaming mode and see if the problem persists. If so it is a resource issue and I suggest running a Virus/malware scan to make sure strange things are not running