Can we get a response about the Lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: johnno.7543

johnno.7543

I think that we deserve a response as far as to wether you are trying to fix this lag. Even if you aren’t planning on fixing it, the right thing to do would be to tell us all that, so we can uninstall Guild Wars 2 off our computer and move on to a different game. Not saying anything at all to all these posts/complaints about Lag is pretty much giving your player base the middle finger, and you still expect people to go out and buy the GW2 expansion when we know how you will handle our complaints after it is realeased. The fact that nothing has been said at all, not even acknowledged by the Guild Wars 2 staff is very insulting and not the way you would treat a customer if you plan on keeping their business. Don’t you think you should have the courtesy to atleast tell us if you plan on fixing this or can’t fix it before people go put money in your pockets for an expansion for a broken game that may never be fixed?

Syndictive Exalt-human warrior
[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

Posted by: DuoMaxwell.8019

DuoMaxwell.8019

Are you playing the US region? I too am experiencing high ping tonight but only in GW2. Every other game my ping is normal, BF4, D3, etc. But I agree it’s ridiculous. Funny thing is some of my friends aren’t lagging and I am.

johnno.7543

Yep playing in US, and exactly the same, every single game is playing fine except for GW2

[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

DuoMaxwell.8019

It’s so odd too, it was fine last night, sort of and the night before, but the night before that it was high ping for hours. This really needs to be addressed and you’re like the only person who’s posted anything about it. I’ve checked reddit and other places and no one else has posted about the pings.

johnno.7543

Yeah i spend alot of time in WvW, and the lag since the patch that introduced the stability change, has been horrible every night skills not working from anywhere between 1-10 seconds. If they don’t plan on fixing this it seems kind of ridiculous that they are going to introduce new WvW content in the expansion, why release content for somthing that is barely playable.

[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

DuoMaxwell.8019

I can’t imagine how laggy wvw must be right now. Even in the spvp lobby and in Divinity my ping is bouncing between 125-300, kitten fix whatever is going on already.

Edit: ping is now back to normal, very strange.

(edited by DuoMaxwell.8019)

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Im in the U.S. and no lag here in Denver on Comcast this may be a regunal thing since not everyone is lagging. This is not an issue with the servers it the Internet folks good luck

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

DuoMaxwell.8019

I’m from the Michigan area and have Frontier as my ISP, my girlfriend who has Comcast has been laggy really bad at night the past few days too, also lives in Michigan.

Posted by: ZXC.9703

ZXC.9703

I honest couldn’t tell if it was there servers or just my net but after the recent patches I have being getting a lot random lag and weird dcs then followed by characters roll backs I get this feeling it maybe a server load problem.

I have done a couple trace routes and pings to there servers thought out the week and I get a consistent 200ms (which is normal for me as I live in Australia so yea…) but in-game ping is all over the place ranging from 200ms to 1000ms depending how busy the zone is.

This is something that I haven’t seen happen since the beta and launcher of the game. I just wonder if I am part of a small group of people or maybe this is the beginning to a new problem I can only hope that someone from ANET can tell if this is a thing or not?

I don’t think you may not like something that could be the great next time I’ll cya!?

(edited by ZXC.9703)

Posted by: Gomssi.7246

Gomssi.7246

Aren’t they starting the beta stress test? Maybe it affects the main servers?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

When the bad ping happens:

1. Find IP address in chat (/ip)
  2. Run TRACERT on that IP.
  3. Send the results to your ISP (when it shows this is NOT an ANET server issue) and ask them to fix their routing issue in their throttling profile (that turns on at peak hours).

Just a suggestion.

NOTE routing issues can cause traffic issues to some locations on the internet and not others….other games may NOT be effected by whatever routing or throttling issues/errors that may exist on your connection.

It also could be an ANET issue and the TRACERT would show that….send the info to ANET via a ticket.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Next

We’ve recently updated our Knowledge Base with an article specifically for helping to address latency issues. You can find that article here

If you have tried the solutions provided in the article and you’re still experiencing latency issues, please submit a ticket to us. From the drop-down menu on this page, please choose Technical Issue. From here, please include the following in the description of the issue:

- Your ISP
- Which data center you’re connecting to (North American or European)
- Your OS (including if you’re running on 32 bit or 64 bit)
- Whether the lag is intermittent or consistent (include times with time zones that you notice it’s worse, if applicable)
- Where you’re located (state/province)

We may request additional information about your computer after this, such as a Game Advisor report. To speed up our investigation time, I recommend generating a report from the Game Advisor and sending it as an attachment once you have received our auto-reply confirming that we have received your ticket. Doing this in advance will save us a communication step with you so that we may begin troubleshooting the issue with you sooner.

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

We’ve recently updated our Knowledge Base with an article specifically for helping to address latency issues. You can find that article here

If you have tried the solutions provided in the article and you’re still experiencing latency issues, please submit a ticket to us. From the drop-down menu on this page, please choose Technical Issue. From here, please include the following in the description of the issue:

- Your ISP
- Whether the lag is intermittent or consistent (include times with time zones that you notice it’s worse, if applicable)

We may request additional information about your computer after this, such as a Game Advisor report. To speed up our investigation time, I recommend generating a report from the Game Advisor and sending it as an attachment once you have received our auto-reply confirming that we have received your ticket. Doing this in advance will save us a communication step with you so that we may begin troubleshooting the issue with you sooner.

Can’t take this serious, same kitten as always. Rubberbanding is going on since last patch, want to blame that on our hardware or ISP aswell? Our hardware is irrelevant since every player on TS complains about it all day.

Europe WvW is unplayable, not sure if this thread is about the lag going on in WvW, but it’s definetly a problem with your servers, not your customers. Please go look at the WvW sub-forum for the first time in your carreer and you’d know what’s been going on for years.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think my suggestion of a TraceRT would prove that the issue in Europe is due to some BAD routing before the EU servers in Germany, but keep pointing fingers at Anet and nothing will continue to happen to fix it…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Zaruna.3812

Zaruna.3812

I’d gladly test it, but since we got at times about 40-60 players on TS complaining about the lag, there’s really no reason to check it. Also this has been going on for years, we’ve gotten replies, but never any fix to it. also if that were to be the case, the PvE maps i’m in would have the same issues?

The lag has gotten worse right after the patch that added the stability changes, that also came with rubberbanding. Coincidence? No way.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Europe WvW is unplayable, not sure if this thread is about the lag going on in WvW, but it’s definetly a problem with your servers, not your customers.

The problem with these threads is various different issues pop up under the general complaint of lag, with some people even complaining about poor FPS. What one person is experiencing might be an entirely different problem than what someone else is experiencing. The original poster is in the US, so I’m guessing they’re on the NA servers. Lately, people have complained about connection and login issues in the US, but personally, I have not experienced any problems with NA, even as people were disconnected and couldn’t log back in. Simply put, for this problem, the issue likely isn’t with the servers.

Europe has another problem involving the networks where every evening the route will become unstable, causing lag and disconnections. If you experience lag outside of WvW, this is likely your problem and all you can really do is try to use a VPN to avoid that network. If however you only experience lag when in WvW, as in you weren’t lagging just a minute before in PvE and if you leave WvW, you stop lagging, then the problem likely involves that specific server. If you use the /ip command in-game, you can see the IP of the server. If the server is actually the problem, everyone on that IP will experience the same problem. This recently happened in NA a few months ago, resulting in the server being taken offline.

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I just ran around eb with 40+ fps, 48 average ping, and all 5 weapon skill icons flashing at me doing nothing.

This is just since the last patch, March 16th and only in wvw.

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Lagging in a 2v2 fight in wvw, rubberbanding, etc.
Switching to spvp, no lagg, no rubberbanding, skills/weapon change are working..
Yup, my ISP/PC can’t handle the 2v2 in wvw but has no problem with 5v5 in spvp

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: Peter.9241

Peter.9241

Dear Anet and Anet moderator

Im very sorry that my reply on this topic whas insulting according to you. So again sorry!
I do understand that keeping forums clean is the most important thing to do. I mean Guild Wars 2 and WvW are working so good and game functions really well. You Guys respect players and respect players if they report a bug or fault or anny other problem regarding the game. So WvW on my server Piken is not lagging at all and all skills work good. Also A verry big thumbs up for the stabilety chance It works really wel whe all testing it out to see what build we can run.

I hope that not very serious reply is good enough for forums.
Since me ( The Midget Captain) has allot of lagg and lagg spike! <— please help piken!!!!!!!!!!! Lets start with fixen lagg so whe can start running dolly’s. We cant do it since thet jump all over the place and Warhorn 4 on warrior is not working. Yes after 10 seconds<— if you are lucky. I did not ask allot since start of gw2! But please please my Anet friends! Fix the lagg I thout you guys taking players serious? I take Anet serious!

Greeting and much love! the respecting Midget Captain!

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

- Your ISP

We may request additional information about your computer after this, such as a “Game Advisor”: report. To speed up our investigation time, I recommend generating a report from the Game Advisor and sending it as an attachment once you have received our auto-reply confirming that we have received your ticket. Doing this in advance will save us a communication step with you so that we may begin troubleshooting the issue with you sooner.

I think you misunderstand. Essentially every player in WvW has been experiencing an unplayable increase in lag during NA prime since the stability including patch. It’s not an issue of individual connections or computers that are incapable of dealing with the lag (unless literally everyone I speak to in WvW is experiencing the same internet and computer problems at the same time and you want to claim that it’s not a server-side lag.

What I think we were looking for was an acknowledgement that you know that this is not confined to individual experiences, computers and connections. This is an issue on Anet’s side of things, although it is only in WvW. You guys even had a ready-up today about WvW and you didn’t mention it at all. So thanks for your canned (was it canned? it seems like it’s not really addressing the issue being presented. If it wasn’t I’m sorry, but you still missed the issue) response, but please give us another response.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

- Your ISP

We may request additional information about your computer after this, such as a “Game Advisor”: report. To speed up our investigation time, I recommend generating a report from the Game Advisor and sending it as an attachment once you have received our auto-reply confirming that we have received your ticket. Doing this in advance will save us a communication step with you so that we may begin troubleshooting the issue with you sooner.

I think you misunderstand. Essentially every player in WvW has been experiencing an unplayable increase in lag during NA prime since the stability including patch. It’s not an issue of individual connections or computers that are incapable of dealing with the lag (unless literally everyone I speak to in WvW is experiencing the same internet and computer problems at the same time and you want to claim that it’s not a server-side lag.

What I think we were looking for was an acknowledgement that you know that this is not confined to individual experiences, computers and connections. This is an issue on Anet’s side of things, although it is only in WvW. You guys even had a ready-up today about WvW and you didn’t mention it at all. So thanks for your canned (was it canned? it seems like it’s not really addressing the issue being presented. If it wasn’t I’m sorry, but you still missed the issue) response, but please give us another response.

But they need to rule out the players that just had an issue coincidentally crop up on the day of the patch.

You do notice that he then went on to say: if that doesn’t work, then send in a ticket with as many details as you can from the following list.

Posted by: Darksoul.6310

Darksoul.6310

Uninstalled, not getting the expansion. Not playing until the lag is fixed. Not even a new map or class will get me to play with this lag.

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

- Your ISP

But they need to rule out the players that just had an issue coincidentally crop up on the day of the patch.

You do notice that he then went on to say: if that doesn’t work, then send in a ticket with as many details as you can from the following list.

That’s just the thing. Everyone I play gw2 with and even those that I just know casually is having the same problem in WvW and not in any other section of the game (incredibly unlikely). It’s not just individual players, it’s the game mode. I have experienced no lag, ping problems or fps drops in pve or pvp. I have in WvW. Same with all of the people I speak to in the game.

What I’m saying is that Anet’s response to this kind of thing (which has happened before after major patches) is to question literally every report of increased lag in wvw and I’m suggesting that they move past that arbitrary step and realize that it is incredibly unlikely to experience the lag we’re experiencing in wvw ONLY in wvw and not also in pvp or wvw. I did Tequatl today where there were undoubtedly close to 60 people in one spot attacking the same target and nothing dropped in terms of FPS or ping. Head to WvW and you get groups of 5 fighting each other and unable to do more than simply 1 spam, if that.

Maybe I have troubles understanding the internet, but when many people from vastly different sides of the country (or even separate countries) are experiencing the same thing, I tend to assume that there’s no reason to consider anything is wrong on our side of things. On the nights that it’s super laggy on the borderlands, we head to the OS and we’re all fine to fight other guilds and whatnot. Hence: I’m assuming it’s not my connection “issues”.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Seera.5916

- Your ISP

That’s just the thing. Everyone I play gw2 with and even those that I just know casually is having the same problem in WvW and not in any other section of the game (incredibly unlikely). It’s not just individual players, it’s the game mode. I have experienced no lag, ping problems or fps drops in pve or pvp. I have in WvW. Same with all of the people I speak to in the game.

What I’m saying is that Anet’s response to this kind of thing (which has happened before after major patches) is to question literally every report of increased lag in wvw and I’m suggesting that they move past that arbitrary step and realize that it is incredibly unlikely to experience the lag we’re experiencing in wvw ONLY in wvw and not also in pvp or wvw. I did Tequatl today where there were undoubtedly close to 60 people in one spot attacking the same target and nothing dropped in terms of FPS or ping. Head to WvW and you get groups of 5 fighting each other and unable to do more than simply 1 spam, if that.

Maybe I have troubles understanding the internet, but when many people from vastly different sides of the country (or even separate countries) are experiencing the same thing, I tend to assume that there’s no reason to consider anything is wrong on our side of things. On the nights that it’s super laggy on the borderlands, we head to the OS and we’re all fine to fight other guilds and whatnot. Hence: I’m assuming it’s not my connection “issues”.

But there will be people who send in reports whose issue is primarily something that the knowledgebase addresses. And not due to whatever the issue is that ANet can fix.

Like someone’s router could be going bad. If they don’t do much on the internet beyond play GW2, they might not notice the lag.

They need to get the router dying player out of the equation (or at least get the dying router itself out of the equation) before they start seeing what everyone who has lag has in common.

Posted by: Fallen.4317

Fallen.4317

- Your ISP

I can guarantee that the issue is not ISP specific to specific people.

The “skill lag” that we are speaking of is a either a server issue, or an issue closer to ArenaNet’s end. My guild and I feel the lag simultaneously, from all different parts of the world, all different ISP’s, with the same results. Skills will not activate immediately (or even within up to 10 seconds) while our dodge-rolls are effective and have no delay. These issues always arrive when fighting in large groups, and sometimes are a problem when fighting in small groups. The skill lag comes and goes at the same time for our entire group, as well.

Hopefully this assists your diagnosis and fix.

Syndictive [Syn] #1 GvG Guild NA pre- Heart of Thorns
[Syn] Leader/Driver – Retired.

DuoMaxwell.8019

Something I’ve figured out when testing this issue with my girlfriend. I log in on Tarnished Coast in Divinity’s Reach, the ip being 64.25.38.113, and my ping is normal 78-80 which is good.

I goto Orr ip being 64.25.38.192 for example and my ping is high, average ~150. Port back to Divinity’s Reach ip (64.25.38.113) and it’s average of 150 still. Ported back to Orr, same IP (64.25.38.192) ping is fine now, average of 80.

So now I port back to Divinity’s Reach, ip of 64.25.38.113, and voila ping is fine. It has something to do with porting and such for me and my girlfriend, we both tested it, both have different ISP’s and we got the same outcomes. Something changed in the past week and I really hope it gets fixed.

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

Perhaps the title of the thread needs to be edited to, “Can we get an appropriate response about the Lag?”. These copy/paste Tier 1 Help Desk responses are getting to be so zzzzzzzzz. Anet, you guys have to have employees that are experiencing what we have been seeing in WvW since the stability patch, and even seen on some PvE maps such as Southsun during KQ. I believe it’s going on in PvP as well.

If it’s not on your end you must have the worst luck in the world as a company from a lot of different service providers.

DuoMaxwell.8019

Perhaps the title of the thread needs to be edited to, “Can we get an appropriate response about the Lag?”. These copy/paste Tier 1 Help Desk responses are getting to be so zzzzzzzzz. Anet, you guys have to have employees that are experiencing what we have been seeing in WvW since the stability patch, and even seen on some PvE maps such as Southsun during KQ. I believe it’s going on in PvP as well.

If it’s not on your end you must have the worst luck in the world as a company from a lot of different service providers.

Yep it’s happening in all sorts of areas, not just WvW, it’s been affecting me doing my pve stuff for the past weekish, and in spvp. My findings are that it had something to do with zoning in and out, as I posted above. It’s really strange that no other game I play is having ping issues at all… so I doubt it’s our ISP’s fault.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Talon, I have plenty of overhead on my system. It’s not an internet issues on my end either. I firmly believe it’s the server’kittenting 100% load and simply not keeping up. It’s obvious to me that if game play is fluid and reacting fine, then 3 map blobs collide and the lag beings, it’s a load issue on the server. It’s not client side hardware.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: phil.1870

phil.1870

I was in WvW this evening (reset night). I jumped on ts and heard everyone complaining about the lag in a huge battle they were having in bay. So, I decided I would just roam around and take some camps. whenever the battle in bay started to heat up, I would experience the same lag as the people in the middle of the battle. One time I was all the way in north camp I was rubberbanding all over and could not use any skills. Same as the people in ts in the middle of bay fighting. So, I called it a night

Nodferatu….QT

Seera.5916

Talon, I have plenty of overhead on my system. It’s not an internet issues on my end either. I firmly believe it’s the server’kittenting 100% load and simply not keeping up. It’s obvious to me that if game play is fluid and reacting fine, then 3 map blobs collide and the lag beings, it’s a load issue on the server. It’s not client side hardware.

He’s not saying it’s not on their end.

He just wants to make sure that all players who send in reports of lag make sure they’ve investigated their end before sending it in and assuming it’s ANet.

Because there will be some players who have things like dying routers or system issue that’s causing their own personal lag. On top of or instead of the lag that’s affecting a number of players.

To find out what’s causing the lag, ANet needs to make sure issues caused by player end are removed from the equation.

So if you’ve done investigation on your end and determined it’s not your end, submit a ticket as he described.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I play on NA primetime in T1, and the only time I see lag is when there’s 150 of us in SM Lord’s room. Other than that, not so much. So it might actually be the player, or the routing of the player’s ISP.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

I play on NA primetime in T1, and the only time I see lag is when there’s 150 of us in SM Lord’s room. Other than that, not so much. So it might actually be the player, or the routing of the player’s ISP.

You are in the minority.

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

You are in the minority.

The EXTREME minority.

I was on for reset tonight, & we actually had over 50 people simultaneously rubber-banding back & forth between areas just as we entered WvW! We all ported into the Green Borderland, & spawned in the Orchard part of the Bloodlust area, then we all suddenly appeared back at spawn, then we all suddenly appeared in near the middle of the map, then after over a minute of this most of us finally ended up in our Spawn area (a few people got stuck out in the Bloodlust area).

After this, it was full-on lag for EVERYONE on our map. We had as many as 70 people in Teamspeak together, all on the same map, & NOT ONE PERSON was able to use all 5 weapon skills tonight. Even our 1 skills were lagging out by 3 seconds or more, and Heal skills were completely unusable. WvW was unplayable for the entire Blackgate server tonight. The majority of us simply logged out early and went looking for some other (working!) game to play. WvW has had terrible lag issues in the past, but I believe this is the worst it has ever been, and it is a recent phenomena. This will be a deal-breaker for many, many players who are considering whether to buy the expansion, or simply to spend that money on another game, and this sort of complete breakdown of a key part of the game makes it impossible for most WvW players to recommend buying Guild Wars 2 to anyone at the moment, even if it goes on sale again, and there are certainly far fewer people telling their friends to save up for expansion as a result of this absolutely game-breaking lag.

I’ve gone through the entire “How to Address Lag” checklist, by the way. My Ping tonight never rose above 71 (average 63), and for what it’s worth my FPS was relatively stable, never dropping below 42.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

This thread ends up a little confusing as people keep switching between NA and Europe problems.

Posted by: Solaxe.9584

Solaxe.9584

I have EPIC lags on EU. And they’re trying to blame our hardware and providers, lol

Seera.5916

I have EPIC lags on EU. And they’re trying to blame our hardware and providers, lol

Has the issue with a port that ANet doesn’t own been fixed? A different company owns that port and last I heard it was dying or going bad and causing issues for you guys in EU.

Posted by: Tonn.3752

Tonn.3752

The issue is on Anet. When everyone is only lagging on Guild Wars 2 and nothing else, whether it be playing another game or browsing the internet, there is an issue with Anet.

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

From here, please include the following in the description of the issue:

- Your ISP

This is ridiculous. Do you guys at Anet really think that the problem will magically vanish, if you keep asking the same thing over and over again every 2-3 months? Protip: you guys might actually try to do something, instead of asking same things fifth time.

Oh wait. Anet is perfect, everything at Anet is running perfectly, and the fault is always on customer’s end, so there’s no need to do anything. And you guys expect us to buy gems and further support your stance of “we’re the best and perfect, it is always your fault”?

Posted by: Doujinshi.6104

Doujinshi.6104

Indeed everywhere in WvW it is lagging to an unbearable standard that I am not used to seeing from GW2. Piken is suffering and the player base is sad. PvE-fine PvP-fine. This is just me adding a voice to the growing concern. Ps. No it is not just my connection. Our diverse guild with people from all over the world and those with different carriers all say the same thing.

Seera.5916

Stop getting on GM Talon for doing his job. And they are questions that do need to be asked.

Do you guys really want the people looking at this issue to have to sort through the people who do have issues at their own home causing their problems. Or exacerbating it.

Not everyone is as tech savvy as some of us are and may not be aware that there are things they can do at home to troubleshoot their internet. And they may have issues of their own that’s giving them lag or exacerbating the lag issue.

He is NOT trying to shove it under the rug.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

None of you understand how the Internet works. There are many ISPs connected to Many Transport ISPs, to interconnect between your PC and the servers at Anet.

YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY TRACE ROUTES TO THE SERVER IP WHEN YOU LAG!!

If you cannot do that much then just stop posting on this forum now, as you are not going to see any resolution that would possibly help you.

If the issue was at Anet then EVERYONE would be affected, Not a minority or majority but EVERYONE.

The Traceroute will show you which hops the Lag starts at, and traditionally/historically these are the offenders.

ATTENS.net (ATT) on the east coast of the US
Level3 mid-west and west coast
Frankfurt EU, also an interconnect to Germany

If your issue sits on any of those above connections then its NOT something Anet can fix, those are TRANSPORT issues that require a Edge Connection Contract to open Tickets with. If you lag from your ISP and they are directly connected, your ISP will be able to open a ‘Link Partner’ support request to ID and fix the issue with the interconnect. Thats just how these things work.

And kittening at Anet for a fix and not doing the BARE MIN (TraceRT) is not helping your case at all.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

None of you understand how the Internet works.

To be honest, I think the vast majority of us paid Anet $60 each with the assumption that they knew how the internet worked, since they were selling us an online game that can’t even be played without it.

But since you’re berating people in ALL CAPS, I’ll assume that you must know a lot more than anyone else here. So please explain what we are supposed to do if we find ATTENS.net or Level3 in our TraceRoute, & see problems starting there. We can’t really go around a backbone ISP, can we? I mean, I don’t plan on laying my own, personal cable line from here to Austin, TX just to make a $60 game playable. So if Level3 shows up in the TraceRoute, do I just call up my local ISP & say “Kitten those guys at Level3, send my gaming data through Internap from now on or I’m outta here”? Has that ever worked?

Anyway, after running a TraceRoute & sending the info to Anet (which I did before ever posting in this thread, & SHOCK WvW is still lagging), what can we, as players, do with that information? Is there some simple way that an average player with no particular technical knowledge can force their connection with Anet’s servers to follow a very specific path? Or is it the responsibility of every MMO player to simply acquire, on their own, all the technical knowledge required to run the entire internet? I’m really confused as to where a player’s responsibilities begin & end, once they’ve purchased this game. Again, like most of the people here, I assumed when I bought the game that Anet had a handle on this whole “internet” thing, & would at least bare some responsibility for sorting out problems like WvW lagging to the point of unplayability for nearly every NA player simultaneously. But yeah, if there’s something we, as players, can do to fix this problem, please feel free to explain it.

Also, please explain what

a Edge Connection Contract to open Tickets with

is, because no one else has ever mentioned it (not even Anet), & a Google search for “Edge Connection Contract” turns up nothing, as well.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You just hit my annoyance limit bub. What part of my post describing that the lag comes and goes with gameplay, did you not understand? If I was experiencing packet loss and routing issues, it would be individual and/or regional, and it would be persistent regardless of player interactions. To be happening to over 150 WvW players from all over the world, it’s not us. Twice this year I’ve contacted my ISP and made threads on here about those other type of lag issues.

The lag we’re describing has to do with player interactions overloading the servers. As my fellow T1 players are trying to express to the Dev’s too. Shortly after reset on BG BL, I finally had to built siege on Briar just to break up the 3 way. I was afraid we were finally going to break the darn server it was that bad. Players were DC’ing and it got to the point of no more.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Seera.5916

You just hit my annoyance limit bub. What part of my post describing that the lag comes and goes with gameplay, did you not understand? If I was experiencing packet loss and routing issues, it would be individual and/or regional, and it would be persistent regardless of player interactions. To be happening to over 150 WvW players from all over the world, it’s not us. Twice this year I’ve contacted my ISP and made threads on here about those other type of lag issues.

The lag we’re describing has to do with player interactions overloading the servers. As my fellow T1 players are trying to express to the Dev’s too. Shortly after reset on BG BL, I finally had to built siege on Briar just to break up the 3 way. I was afraid we were finally going to break the darn server it was that bad. Players were DC’ing and it got to the point of no more.

Not necessarily. EU suffers or suffered from a bad node that sits literally at the node before the ones that ANet owns. And a fair amount of EU players get shuffled through that Node.

The more information that players can supply to ANet about the lag (their Trace route, the map’s IP when they lag, etc), the quicker ANet will be able to fix the problem.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

- Your ISP

Are you serious ? What a joke of a comment,the Lag is On Your End…kittenty servers not able to take on the full load of 3 full servers on a wvw map,stop giving us this crap thats its on Our side…Its not.

Posted by: SoulMystique.6872

SoulMystique.6872

- Your ISP

Such a joke… I just got disconnected 5 times trying to do Tequatl for the day. Two maps were full, two times it didn’t even go into the game world, and the fifth time it was on a virtually empty map. And nearly 3k Ping? What the hell are you people doing over there?

Posted by: Dibaryon.7469

Dibaryon.7469

I’ve been playing this game for a year now and on full populated WvW maps (when all of the players are on the same tower/keep) I’ve always experienced some sort of lag: without exception. On full populated WvW maps, there has always been some sort of lag (accompanied by huge FPS drops).

But lately the lag is so unbearable (in the situation I previously described) that the all of the skills stay “blocked” (for ex.: can’t switch attunements on my elementalist and/or use utility skills). Everyone comments about it on Team Speak when this happens (so we know it happens to everyone). It wasn’t like this before.

This does not happen when we’re on low numbers. On low numbers the game runs smoothly (smoothly: not taking in account the huge FPS drop when large numbers of players meet).

I don’t really know if this problem is directly connected to the previous patch, but I’ve noticed that this has been happening since then. I hope this gets fixed before the expansion releases, or it will hurt the game a lot.

*GANDARA *
Flipping your camps since 2014 :3

(edited by Dibaryon.7469)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

None of you understand how the Internet works.

To be honest, I think the vast majority of us paid Anet $60 each with the assumption that they knew how the internet worked, since they were selling us an online game that can’t even be played without it.

But since you’re berating people in ALL CAPS, I’ll assume that you must know a lot more than anyone else here. So please explain what we are supposed to do if we find ATTENS.net or Level3 in our TraceRoute, & see problems starting there. We can’t really go around a backbone ISP, can we? I mean, I don’t plan on laying my own, personal cable line from here to Austin, TX just to make a $60 game playable. So if Level3 shows up in the TraceRoute, do I just call up my local ISP & say “Kitten those guys at Level3, send my gaming data through Internap from now on or I’m outta here”? Has that ever worked?

Anyway, after running a TraceRoute & sending the info to Anet (which I did before ever posting in this thread, & SHOCK WvW is still lagging), what can we, as players, do with that information? Is there some simple way that an average player with no particular technical knowledge can force their connection with Anet’s servers to follow a very specific path? Or is it the responsibility of every MMO player to simply acquire, on their own, all the technical knowledge required to run the entire internet? I’m really confused as to where a player’s responsibilities begin & end, once they’ve purchased this game. Again, like most of the people here, I assumed when I bought the game that Anet had a handle on this whole “internet” thing, & would at least bare some responsibility for sorting out problems like WvW lagging to the point of unplayability for nearly every NA player simultaneously. But yeah, if there’s something we, as players, can do to fix this problem, please feel free to explain it.

Also, please explain what

a Edge Connection Contract to open Tickets with

is, because no one else has ever mentioned it (not even Anet), & a Google search for “Edge Connection Contract” turns up nothing, as well.

Anet can only work with ISPs they are directly connected with, ISPs they are under contract with. If there is a node that is causing you Lag that is not in the scope of Anet’s ISP contract they have no way to directly fix it with their Link partners. That is what a link partner contract is.

That is when you need to contact your ISP with the trace and show them what Node is causing you lag. Then they can open a edge link support ticket and work on getting it fixed, another common term this is called is head to head testing.

But either way, you guys must pull the IP from in game and run traces to it from your machine when you are lagging and supply that to either Anet or your ISP to get it fixed. and just supplying a trace doesn’t mean its getting fixed that instant. The issue can be many many things, from over consumption of BW allocated to that Node, to a bad ASIC tied to the uplink NIC, or even a routing engine board, or just an entire bad router that the node is using. Either way its not something that anyone but the ISP that owns the node, has any direct control over.

Only pulling the trace and giving it to the proper support organization is going to help. That is the nature of network issues.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: GM Talon.8726

Previous

GM Talon.8726

Lead Game Master

Keep in mind that my initial reply was speaking for connectivity issues in general, as the posts prior to mine indicated a general latency issue across the board.

If you are having continuous latency issues whilst connected to the European data center, please post in this thread. Consistent latency issues specific to those connecting to the European data center are being tracked there.

Also, as a reminder, please keep replies to this thread constructive in nature. Please remember that non-constructive posts may be removed and infractions may be issued to those who do not follow the Forum Code of Conduct.