Can we please get a working Mac Client [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

You, guys, are lucky. I bought HoT today. Endless download, countless crashes and now I can’t open the window launcher, so I can’t start the game.

MacBeta: “This is another Windows game. If you try to play it with Mac, well… you know”.
And yes, it’s our fault. Don’t use Mac for gaming, it’s trash.

An Apple fan.

Posted by: WesleySnipes.3917

WesleySnipes.3917

You, guys, are lucky. I bought HoT today. Endless download, countless crashes and now I can’t open the window launcher, so I can’t start the game.

MacBeta: “This is another Windows game. If you try to play it with Mac, well… you know”.
And yes, it’s our fault. Don’t use Mac for gaming, it’s trash.

An Apple fan.

i agree and disagree with you on this one.
Yes mac isn’t mainly for gaming, that’s because microsoft just has a huge monopoly over all computers, therefore everything works better on windows.

The issue here is: If you announce that your game is releasing a mac client, you must deliver it. Especially 3 years after its release. Macs are able to run games smoothly, a good example are Blizzard and some of Valve’s games.

After waiting 12 hours nearly for the patch to complete (making the client open took a great amount of patience too) i crash within 10 seconds of map loading (SW)

Seriously…. words can NOT express how disappointed i am with this game.

Um. I hope you just patched your existing client instead of downloading the whole thing from scratch? 3GB shouldn’t take 12 hours to download :S

Yeah surprisingly it was just the patch that took that long, unfortunately my internet is not that good for downloads atm (3mb) still able to play the game.

Btw i was able to open the game and play WvW for a couple hours and even do some SW only to crash when Waypointing to Lions Arch.

I’ve made some changes to my config file (the one in the actual app folder, not library one) which made me able to run the game ok on my mbp late 2011 15"

These were my changes:

“VideoRam” = “1024”
“AGPVertexRam” = “512”

“VertexShaderHash” = “600”
“PixelShaderHash” = “600”
“MTD3D” = “0”

and i also added a line that is not originally in the file right under “MTD3D” = “0”

“sRGBInPixelShader” = “2”

Please let me know if you guys see improvements

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

refund

Refund is a nice keyword.

Well, this is how Square Enix has handled a similar situation:

If you have purchased a copy of the Mac version of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and wish to receive a refund, please contact the store or website from which you purchased it.

If Anet can not or will not fix the problem, we should get a refund.
Not only for the HOT purchase, but for EVERYTHING, that we have already paid for!

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

Crashing constantly. This is unenjoyable and unplayable. You crash so you can’t finish what you were doing. You log back in and sometimes it even crashes within seconds of logging back. This was so predictable. Given the lack of feedback and the state of the client, it was obvious that HoT was going to be a fiasco for Mac users. Even tried to post about it in the Hot forum after beta weekend and my thread was removed. It’s obvious that no QA was done on the Mac client or that they just didn’t care.

What’s the ETA on a fix? I know the devs have been working on it for over a year at the least according to this post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Client-crashes-during-heavy-graphic-fights/first

(edited by ananda.5946)

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

There will be none because all Mac bugs are really Windows bugs! We don’t need a Mac QA team!

Seriously, Anet. I know I’ve said this before but just relabel the client as a hobby client or something. Let us know that you’ll do your best to make sure the client launches (and when it doesn’t you’ll get around to fixing it within 3 months or something). This isn’t a beta and has never been a beta. You are literally the only MMO that doesn’t have a mac forum for mac users to help each other because of this insane adherence to the mantra of all mac bugs are really windows bugs. Stop thinking like engineers and actually help your customers, please.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When you get the Mac version you get all the Windows crashes + the Mac crashes.
Fixing the Windows crashes is only half the problem.

Maybe Anet should subcontract Mac experts like Aspyr to fix the mac crashes or coach their mac team.

Posted by: Awesome.8762

Awesome.8762

To even be able to play the new areas, I have to have ALL my settings on the lowest.. and it makes the game look like kitten. And STILL the client crash every 15 minutes and usually just before an event finishes or boss dies to annoy me as much as possible.
Just fix the client already!

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I’d be extremely happy if they contracted Aspyr or Feral out for this but I really doubt that will happen because it would probably make the mac version not cost effective for them because it is an MMO (I’m not even sure if either would want to port an MMO).

Posted by: Azerthas.5802

Azerthas.5802

My client works fine, fast download, no crashes but the game just doesn’t run well. I have a custom mac with gtx 960 i5 and 16gb ram and I have to play on the lowest settings. I wish they would put some more time into it.

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I used to only crash in areas where there were lots of players in combat (WvW , silverwastes, etc.) but now I seem to just randomly crash all the time. I just created a revenant and crashed while loading the first story quest. I’ve also randomly crashed in LA and in low populated events in Verdant.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Just crashed at shaman

Attachments:

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

JRM.6218

Refund as Square Enix did with Heavensward.

WesleySnipes.3917

Refund as Square Enix did with Heavensward.

I think refund is out of hand now, many mac users date from the mac client announcement which was 3 years ago, and the game is free now.

They should just plain and simply give us our client, hire some1 to create it for them if they are uncabable of doing so on their own. OR open a thread apologizing to all the mac users for scamming us. YES, scamming, because that’s how i feel.

I feel Scammed

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

I paid too much money for the HoT expansion. That was about 2 months ago. And that’s what I would like ArenaNet to refund.

(edited by Treemoon.6538)

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I paid too much money for the HoT expansion. That was about 2 months ago. And that’s what I would like ArenaNet to refund.

Then you’ve fully entitled to ask for a refund. Submit a support ticked and they’ll most likely be happy to do so.

Posted by: Bacon.7035

Bacon.7035

I keep crashing too. It’s not the same type of crashing as before, when I could just alt+tab and force quit the game. This time the screen freezes and I can’t change windows or anything, even though I can pause and play my music in my background. Thus, GW2 makes my screen freeze completely, and I have to force restart the Macbook. I’ve done more force restarts the last 2 days then I have the last 2 years in total.

Bacön

Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: sethb.8215

sethb.8215

so I’ve dealt with the random blocks of color and lines flying around the screen for month now but this patch has become unplayable on my mid 2014 macbook pro i7. the game crashes EVERY SINGLE time i try to click a green rewards chest with an error stating

ctlview inconsistent page size (was: test count < 5

anyone find a fix for this?

Posted by: Zepa Chi Lee.6914

Zepa Chi Lee.6914

This is ridiculous. I paid good money to play gw HOT and now the HOT download has stopped the game from even launching. After I downloaded the installer and got to the tg update 1.12 screen nothing happened! I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the screen just sits there. I have played gw 1 AND 2 since the first day each game came out. The fact that I have been such a loyal supported of this game should count for something. It is unbelievable that I a mac user, cannot play gw on a mac client that I paid money for. I bought the game and I can’t play it. Some form of compensation or a refund should be offered.

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

My game crashes every few minutes in HOT zones. This is literally unplayable. Can’t finish boss events like this.

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

Then you’ve fully entitled to ask for a refund. Submit a support ticked and they’ll most likely be happy to do so.

Response from GW2 Response Team:

Oct 24, 14:06
Hello,
Thanks for contacting us.

We can look into refunding your Guild Wars 2 purchase. Please note that the code that you are requesting a refund for will be permanently disabled. If you registered the code, all features, including game access, will be removed. If you haven’t used the code, the code cannot be registered.

If you understand and agree to the terms of the refund stated above, please reply with the following information below so that we may begin the refund process:

• Your Guild Wars 2 purchase Order Number provided in the receipt of the purchase(s)
  • The e-mail address you used when making the purchase
  • If PayPal® was used: the invoice ID from your PayPal® payment history
  • If online banking was used, please make sure that you are contacting us from the e-mail address used to make the purchase

Note: Paysafecard purchases cannot be refunded under any circumstances. If your game purchase was not made from our website, please contact the retailer you purchased the game from to inquire of a refund. It is not possible for us to refund a purchase made from another retailer. Additionally, we are only able to refund purchases from our website that were made within the last 30 days.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Guild Wars 2 Support Team

I checked my purchase date on HoT, and surprise, it’s less than 30 days ago. And it was purchased from their website. So a refund should be possible for me.
But it appears they are saying everything will be taken away including my original purchase of GW2. I must be reading that wrong. Maybe I want to start characters over again at level 1. I’ve had HoT less than 30 days, so I should get a refund, but they should not take away anything not related to HoT. I asked for a clarification. No response yet.

Posted by: CLINNYY.9185

CLINNYY.9185

We need a live twitch acknowledgment about mac client issues…we don’t share all the same issues with pc…at least pc can run at max graphics …on Mac we can’t even walk into Lions arch without some sort of glitch crash………Please please please give us an acknowledgment video with plans on the fix…and stop just saying we are looking into it…..I have payed and have continued to pay…so it’s time to provide or you have a lot of refunding to do.

Posted by: CrazyJoe.8269

CrazyJoe.8269

While playing this weekend, crashed about 20 times on my Macbook Pro 2014.
Few more times and I’m refunding. I think they should better simply close MacOS beta client and stop scamming people.
It’s a disaster how HoT ruined my experience!

WesleySnipes.3917

For you people that are crashing, did you try doing the tweeks i mentioned previously?
I play on a 15" macbook pro late 2011 1gb video.

Those tweeks don’t make the game run as good as it should run but it’s enough for me to play without crashes and able to run WvW at around 20-30 fps. Now i don’t know if it’s because i yet don’t have HoT, or what.

Save your original config file on a different folder and try it out, it’s worth the shot

Posted by: Edwin.4329

Edwin.4329

Similar story for me; I’m running a brand new Macbook Pro 15" with the best spec available from Apple, as I’m a design student and needed the graphics, etc., but the game is stuttery, the graphics are shoddy, and I’ve had a crash every 15-30 minutes. It’s pretty disappointing, to say the least, especially considering I’ve paid for both the original game and the expansion.

CrazyJoe.8269

The problems started right after HoT release, so it’s definitely the brand new problem, which is denied by the developers. Game ran +/- smoothly before the release and crashed only few time. Now I get constant crashes, both on old and new maps.
I think I’m refunding right now. My advice for you guys is to do the same.

Posted by: Edwin.4329

Edwin.4329

No, there have always been massive issues with the current Mac client. The best solution would be a native client, which is exactly what Anet said they were going to deliver. I somehow doubt they’re going to make good on that one, though.

CrazyJoe.8269

I’ve been playing GW2 on my Mac for a month or so, with pretty small amount of issues (launcher was glitching with blue screen sometimes, but there is a fix for this). There were crashes, but they were rare.
After HoT, I had around 30 crashes during a weekend play, and that even before I entered HoT zones. After I went there, I got constant crashes.
So I assume that this is both a combination of old Mac OS problems and new HoT issues.
In any case, I’m totally not ready to wait for the fixes, especially knowing how Mac OS users are treated here by developers. I requested refund today and I’m done with GW2. It was a nice month of playing, though.

Posted by: McMahon.6853

McMahon.6853

I’m using El Capitan, I just got the client upgraded, and when I try launching it I get:

Erics-MacBook-Pro:Applications eric$ /Applications/Guild\ Wars\ 2.app/Contents/MacOS/cider -use-dos-cwd C:Gw2 -- C:\\GW2\\GW2.exe -autologin
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: conn 0×27ce3 token 0×1ffffffffffe85
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: Backtrace (at 75549.6):
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 0 CoreGraphics 0×954cc64f CGSDisableUpdateToken + 228
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 1 AppKit 0×93d49c71 ___disable_updates_sync_block_invoke_2 + 19
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 2 libdispatch.dylib 0×98c3888b _dispatch_client_callout + 50
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 3 libdispatch.dylib 0×98c3a15c _dispatch_barrier_sync_f_invoke + 61
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 4 libdispatch.dylib 0×98c3a118 dispatch_barrier_sync_f + 98
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 5 libdispatch.dylib 0×98c446ca dispatch_barrier_sync + 54
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 6 AppKit 0×93d49b5a NSCGSDisableUpdates + 1302
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 7 AppKit 0×93d4956f NSCGSTransactionRunPreCommitActionsForOrder_ + 159
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 8 AppKit 0×93d494b5 NSCGSTransactionRunPreCommitActions_ + 17
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 9 AppKit 0×93d2a687 -NSCGSTransaction addActionWithOrder:usingBlock:] + 236
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 10 AppKit 0×93d2a581 NSCGSTransactionAddAction + 115
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 11 AppKit 0×93d2a9a5 NSCGSWindowMark
+ 267
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 12 AppKit 0×93d2a81a -NSCGSWindow setFrame:] + 341
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 13 AppKit 0×93db573c _NXCreateWindowWithStyleMask + 165
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 14 AppKit 0×93db558a _NSCreateWindow + 165
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 15 AppKit 0×93e06385 -[NSWindow _commonAwake] + 1781
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 16 AppKit 0×93c00e19 -[NSWindow _commonInitFrame:styleMask:backing:defer:] + 807
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 17 AppKit 0×93bff3e4 -[NSWindow _initContent:styleMask:backing:defer:contentView:] + 1789
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 18 AppKit 0×93bfecdd -[NSWindow initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:] + 72
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 19 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afe88a9 -[DesktopWindowController init] + 217
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 20 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afe89e7 +[DesktopWindowController newController] + 55
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 21 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7aff48d9 -[VideoController initWithConfigOptions:] + 313
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 22 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7aff4709 +[VideoController newVideoController:] + 73
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 23 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afe3f5d -[CiderAppController init] + 189
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 24 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afe3e6e +[CiderAppController sharedController] + 110
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 25 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afe5ac4 init
app_controller + 36
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 26 libmacdrv.dylib 0×7afdcada MACDRV_Init + 266
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 27 libntdll.dylib 0×70073021 PE_InitDLL + 225
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 28 libntdll.dylib 0×700566ae MODULE_DllProcessAttach + 302
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 29 libntdll.dylib 0×70059539 LoadLibraryExA + 409
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 30 libntdll.dylib 0×7005a5f7 LoadLibraryA + 39
Oct 25 10:12:30 cider11639 <Warning>: void CGSUpdateManager::log() const: 31 libuser32.dylib 0×7aa20620 UserClientDllInitialize + 480

I tried downloading a new-vanilla OSX installer but I can’t get the game to run, any ideas/suggestions?

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

Ran one match in PvP conquest and came out crashed. GG Anet GW2 best 2015 mmorpg that supports Mac of 2015 as long as your ok with crashing every 15-30 minutes. Such trash development and support disgusted in the time and money I’ve invested in this trash game and its trash devs.

Posted by: Cutebunnyofdeath.4671

Cutebunnyofdeath.4671

Ive been lucky before HoT with crashes etc. However, since launch i crash every 20 minutes so I’m unable to finish events making masteries almost impossible to level in Maguuma. Now i am stuck in the personal story because i crash before the mission ends and i have to start all over. I would just like some acknowledgement that we are taken seriously and Arena Net are actually fixing this issue. Especially since I love this game and put so much time into it.

Posted by: shlnkrstl.7921

shlnkrstl.7921

I use an iMac and I’ve never really had a problem but now I can’t play anymore. The launcher icon on the toolbar says that GW2 is open, but the whole launcher login box is “invisible.” I can only see it if I’m in that mode that shows all of the open applications, and only if I scroll over a large blank space on the desktop it will highlight in blue “Guild Wars 2” (screenshot).

I’ll most likely never play again from the sounds of all this chatter. ._. yayyy. I’ve also tried re-installing, using different Wifi connections (in two diff states), and I get nada. It was crashing hardcore multiple times a day prior to HoT around when Beta weekend went out.

I wait all year for halloween and now I’m missing it. Disappointing.

Attachments:

FlamingFoxx.1305

I use an iMac and I’ve never really had a problem but now I can’t play anymore. The launcher icon on the toolbar says that GW2 is open, but the whole launcher login box is “invisible.” I can only see it if I’m in that mode that shows all of the open applications, and only if I scroll over a large blank space on the desktop it will highlight in blue “Guild Wars 2” (screenshot).

I’ll most likely never play again from the sounds of all this chatter. ._. yayyy. I’ve also tried re-installing, using different Wifi connections (in two diff states), and I get nada. It was crashing hardcore multiple times a day prior to HoT around when Beta weekend went out.

Have you followed the above instructions on deleting the GW2 application support folder. That should fix the problem…

Posted by: Leila.7269

Leila.7269

Btw i was able to open the game and play WvW for a couple hours and even do some SW only to crash when Waypointing to Lions Arch.

I’ve made some changes to my config file (the one in the actual app folder, not library one) which made me able to run the game ok on my mbp late 2011 15"

These were my changes:

“VideoRam” = “1024”
“AGPVertexRam” = “512”

“MTD3D” = “0”

and i also added a line that is not originally in the file right under “MTD3D” = “0”

Gave this a whirl but still crashes. I’ve actually got a new crash since last night that actually crashes the login process or something and sends me to system login screen to log back in and load everything back up. I’m beginning to wonder if all these GW2 crashes are somehow causing some serious system problem.

FlamingFoxx.1305

These were my changes:

“VideoRam” = “1024”
“AGPVertexRam” = “512”

“MTD3D” = “0”

Gave this a whirl but still crashes. I’ve actually got a new crash since last night that actually crashes the login process or something and sends me to system login screen to log back in and load everything back up. I’m beginning to wonder if all these GW2 crashes are somehow causing some serious system problem.

You need to be careful with those settings. They’re telling the program to use more VRAM and if your computer doesn’t actually have 1GB of vRAM it could be harmful. If you just have an intel graphics card then I would advise against tampering with those settings. If you have a discrete AMD or NVIDIA card then check how much VRAM it has and alter the setting accordingly.

WesleySnipes.3917

These were my changes:

“VideoRam” = “1024”
“AGPVertexRam” = “512”

“MTD3D” = “0”

You need to be careful with those settings. They’re telling the program to use more VRAM and if your computer doesn’t actually have 1GB of vRAM it could be harmful. If you just have an intel graphics card then I would advise against tampering with those settings. If you have a discrete AMD or NVIDIA card then check how much VRAM it has and alter the setting accordingly.

I must’ve mentioned my spec’s more specifically. But yeah, I put my VRAM there and the line under i halved it.

FlamingFoxx.1305

These were my changes:

“VideoRam” = “1024”
“AGPVertexRam” = “512”

“MTD3D” = “0”

I must’ve mentioned my spec’s more specifically. But yeah, I put my VRAM there and the line under i halved it.

You have mentioned your spec’s, I just think other people won’t realise that unless their specs are the same as yours it may cause problems and that they need to adjust the numbers accordingly. Any mac with an intel graphics card for example, doesn’t actually have dedicated vRAM, or at least not very much at all.

Posted by: Leila.7269

Leila.7269

Yep I’ve got a GTX 780M 4096MB and tried doing full and half values of vram to no obvious effect. Looks like some new CUDA drivers came out in the last week or so not that they should have any effect for gaming that I’m aware of – updating now.

Posted by: Falseprophet.1502

Falseprophet.1502

Just crashed at shaman

I have been getting the same exact crash prompts for the past two days. It really makes it unplayable because it happens from anywhere from two minutes within logging in the game to thirty minutes. Rough.

Posted by: shlnkrstl.7921

shlnkrstl.7921

Have you followed the above instructions on deleting the GW2 application support folder. That should fix the problem…

I do not have that folder… There’s nothing related to GW2 in my application support folder.. Which I find odd, and I’m pretty sure I’m looking the right place. I haven’t fiddled with it in the past.

— okay. I had to find the folder by typing “~/library” in the spotlight search! ._. I can at least see the launcher again, hopefully it’s good to go nowwww. Thanks.

(edited by shlnkrstl.7921)

FlamingFoxx.1305

I do not have that folder… There’s nothing related to GW2 in my application support folder.. Which I find odd, and I’m pretty sure I’m looking the right place. I haven’t fiddled with it in the past.

There are multiple Application Support folders on your mac. There is one in the root library, one in the system library, and one in your user library. The user library is the one you need. Open Finder, go to your user folder (the folder with the name you use to log into the computer) then click ‘Library’, then ‘Application Support’. There’s a folder called ‘Guild Wars 2’ in there. Delete it.

Edit:
Glad to see you found it and that it has made the launcher show again!

Posted by: Gjallarhorn.6739

Gjallarhorn.6739

Posting to support thread. Game continually crashes and it’s unbelievable and quite sad that a company hosting a game with 7 million accounts is OK with having a beta client for this long.

iMac (5k, 27’’, late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB ram
AMD Radeon r9 m295x 4096 MB

JRM.6218

Finally, I could open the launcher and download the game. Now, I would like to play it without continuous crashes. I’m afraid that will not happen.

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

None of the many patches over the weekend did anything for this issue. Still have constant crashes even on lowest graphic settings (which is not the way I want to play).

It’s pretty obvious that Anet knew that the game would be a disaster for Mac users and made a calculated decision to just go ahead and released anyway thinking that we are a small enough percentage of their customer base that they could ‘handle’ us as they have for the last couple of years since the only other option is that zero testing was done on the Mac client by the QA department and no one read the forums when people posted that the Mac client crashed non-stop in the beta weekends. (though, my thread about the crashes in beta weekend was removed, so I know someone read it enough to remove it)

(edited by ananda.5946)

Posted by: Rash.6514

Rash.6514

Just so you guys know, crashing isn’t exclusive to the Mac client. It has been very hard to play the expansion. Yesterday when they released the patch, my client crashed and I was forced to update, what made me lose the Tarir event at Auric Basin with my guild. I was playing on Windows 10.

So far we have 2 problems, the client itself is problematic and the Mac wrapper is bad.

I am also a Mac user who would love to play the game on OS X, but ANet is using DX9 and there is no change in the foreseeable future, so there is no hope for us. We can only hope Anet to take the opportunity on the next expansion (yes, that far) to completely remake their graphics engine to support more modern graphics API, such as DX12 or Vulkan, which can be easily translated to Metal.

As far as Aspyr is concerned, forget about it. ANet needs to release game patches very quickly, that is not how Aspyr works.

Posted by: Awesome.8762

Awesome.8762

Just so you guys know, crashing isn’t exclusive to the Mac client. It has been very hard to play the expansion. Yesterday when they released the patch, my client crashed and I was forced to update, what made me lose the Tarir event at Auric Basin with my guild. I was playing on Windows 10.

So far we have 2 problems, the client itself is problematic and the Mac wrapper is bad.

I am also a Mac user who would love to play the game on OS X, but ANet is using DX9 and there is no change in the foreseeable future, so there is no hope for us. We can only hope Anet to take the opportunity on the next expansion (yes, that far) to completely remake their graphics engine to support more modern graphics API, such as DX12 or Vulkan, which can be easily translated to Metal.

As far as Aspyr is concerned, forget about it. ANet needs to release game patches very quickly, that is not how Aspyr works.

I’m sorry that you crashed yesterday.. but I have crashed atleast 10 times just today.
I have missed out on rewards and xp from numerous events and boss fights.

WesleySnipes.3917

So I decided to buy HoT out of peer pressure and because the game seems very boring when every1 is enjoying HoT except you. Sadly for me I found out that the game becomes unplayable after you activate HoT. Today morning i was enjoying the game at 25-30 fps with no freezes.
After HoT activation my game immediatly goes down to 10 fps if i open my world map…

I feel so ashamed of myself for once again getting fooled by anet.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

Posted by: Xaquery.7895

Xaquery.7895

I purchased the GW2 HoT Ultimate Edition on Thursday. I haven’t played GW2 in years due to the fact that it kept crashing constantly and was only in Beta for Mac. I was hoping that this was resolved with the release of an expansion coming out. I spent hours downloading and installing GW2 and GW2 HoT only to have the game crash every 15-20 minutes when I try to play it and then fail to relaunch the “Launchpad” when I try to open the application again. I have to restart my computer for the launchpad to show up for me to launch the game again after it crashes.

WesleySnipes.3917

Day 4, still no answers. Mac players still not acknowledge by ANet staff. This is utterly frustrating.
Before i bought the expansion my game would run between 25-30 fps (i capped the fps to 30 so the fps is not sluggish) even at WvW or Lions Arch, there would be no fps slugginess.

Upon buying the HoT expansion my game IMMEDIATELLY goes to 10 fps and it sits there forever with the sluggiest fps a gamer could ever ask for.

I growing so tired of battling this….

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

Anet should at least give us something useful in compensation!
Maybe some Gems or Birthday Booster or so.

WesleySnipes.3917

Anet should at least give us something useful in compensation!
Maybe some Gems or Birthday Booster or so.

or a client that doesn’t crash and makes you feel like your computer is completely crap