Cannot buy Gems for money

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Semris.7520

Semris.7520

Hello,

just want to ask if buying gems for money is down for third day (at least) or not. Tried buying gems from Saturday to this morning, I always get error after confirming the trade (third screen). Nobody in-game was able or willing to answer my question about it, also written two support tickets. I was checking GW2 twitter and web pages for this info (if there is some issue) without success.

Would be nice to know if it´s my account issue or general one.

Thanks for answer.

(edited by Semris.7520)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Submitting duplicate tickets for an issue slows down the process, and sets you back in the queue. Close out the duplicate, and only update the original to the Billing CS Team.

If you’ve not heard back in 72-96 hours, you can post your ticket number in the appropriate Sticky above for review.

Good luck.

Semris.7520

Actually I didn´t create a ticket, I used report bug option. It´s probably something different!

I guess buying gems works for you and this issue is limited to my account?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sending reports using the in-game Bug Report tool will garner no response, as indicated on the Bug Report window.

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Request’ using the web-form for assistance.

Good luck.

Semris.7520

Kk, will do, thank you for help!

Semris.7520

Rather interesting development. The option to pay either with credit card or PayPal is gone and now you can only pay with paysafecard (whatever that is) – I just got home from office. So I´m guessing there is more behind this than just me having a problem.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try clearing your GW2 cache (instructions found via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Search – Cache/Troubleshoot TP’). It can’t hurt.

The paysafecard option works for some, but not for others (Greece, particularly).

As there aren’t many posts/threads about an issue today, your difficulties may be more localized.

Good luck.

Posted by: Liaira.9138

Liaira.9138

I hope they fix the issue with only being allowed to pay with paysafe….because I shouldn’t have to go through that just to purchase gems.

Posted by: Samaeel.2480

Samaeel.2480

I try to buy gems from Black Lion Trading Company but there are no payment options.

I was able to make a payment last week.

Anyone facing the same issue?

Attachments:

Posted by: Blankenship Babylon.2549

Blankenship Babylon.2549

Yeah me too, no payment option

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Can everyone who is seeing this please PM me your email? Please do not post it for everyone to spam. We are looking into this and working to find a fix.

thank you!

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

Can both of you PM me your email? We are looking into this and are working to fix the issue.

Posted by: Ryunohito.8429

Ryunohito.8429

I only have the paysafe card option, and this really sucks because i want the items that’re going off sale in 12 hours

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The CS Team will often honor a sale (if requested) when technical difficulties arise preventing one from purchasing. A support ticket might be prudent.

Good luck.

Posted by: Angel.9614

Angel.9614

Tried to use the same card I always use to buy gems to buy 100$ worth, and it wouldn’t accept the payment.

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

This should have been fixed, if anyone is still having this problem please PM me.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

This should have been fixed, if anyone is still having this problem please PM me.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Semris.7520

Just so others with similar problem have some additional info – payment options are indeed back but I still get errors when trying to pay using them. In other words PayPal and credit card options are back but do not work (they do not work for me since Saturday as mentioned above) so it was only partial success in my case.

I have sent you the PM.

• EDIT: My issue got fixed shortly after sending the PM.

(edited by Semris.7520)

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Where were you when it did not accept your payment? Can you PM me your email and we’ll look into whatever the issue is.

Posted by: Xairoo.9580

Xairoo.9580

Ester… I can’t send you a PM… Due to spam control, you must wait until June 10th, 19:33 and then you can send a private message. …

Please send me a PM! =)

Posted by: Xairoo.9580

Xairoo.9580

Update… I’m able to get linked to the paypal site when I select 4000 gems. Works fine. 8000 gems won’t work… Well, it’s a workaround.

… Only able to buy 1x 4000 gems. Lol…

Posted by: Equilibrium.1035

Equilibrium.1035

None of my useable payment methods work – Anet, why dont you want my money

Posted by: Kiryu Seiran.2163

Kiryu Seiran.2163

Okay, having trouble with payment auth failed… I read in reddit about repairing the client… the thing is… I got 12800 gems added after repairing… so no freaking idea if they are coming from same card (my sister and I tried 3 cards), which payment has lag (I guess one was paypal since we tried a small amount)…

O_o anyway… should i pm my acc email or my payment email? (yeah we put our payment email on our transactions)