Cannot run Gw2 diagnostic

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Qror.7562

Qror.7562

I was trying to to fix my enormous ping today so I took a look at the Connectivity guide ( https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27698133-Connectivity ) for Windows 7 and I discovered that no matter which method I try I can’t start the gw2 diagnostic.
I created a shortcut, named it “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” (without the quotation marks), changed the Target so that it ends with ‘Gw2.exe" –diag’ and when I double clicked it the game itself still launched.
I also tried going through the Start menu (as explained in https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments ), but whenever I entered ‘gw2.exe -diag’ it would just search for every file with “gw2” in its name.
I really want to run the dignostic, are there any other methods to do it?

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Did you put a space after the last quote mark.
ex: Gw2.exe" -diag and not Gw2.exe"-diag

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Qror.7562

Did you put a space after the last quote mark.
ex: Gw2.exe" -diag and not Gw2.exe"-diag

Yes I did.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If you’re copy/pasting what the support page says, you’ll need to put -diag (your second example) instead of –diag (your first example).

Instead of using a shortcut, you can also simply enter the path directly into a folder’s address bar. For example, if Gw2.exe is located under C:\Games\Guild Wars2\, enter C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe -diag

If you do not know where it is, simply right click the shortcut and select open file location (or properties, then open file location under the shortcut tab)

Qror.7562

If you’re copy/pasting what the support page says, you’ll need to put -diag (your second example) instead of –diag (your first example).

Instead of using a shortcut, you can also simply enter the path directly into a folder’s address bar. For example, if Gw2.exe is located under C:\Games\Guild Wars2\, enter C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe -diag

If you do not know where it is, simply right click the shortcut and select open file location (or properties, then open file location under the shortcut tab)

That fixed it, many thanks!