Cannot see team chat at all in WvW

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Wuffy.9732

Wuffy.9732

Okay so a couple days ago I noticed my team chat was not working, but shrugged it off as the game client glitching out and decided not to do anything about it.

Now here I am playing again today, it’s the same problem and I cannot see team chat at all for some weird reason. I’ve restarted the game multiple times to see if that’d fix it, and also tried doing a -repair to the game target to no avail. Is anyone having this issue?!

Here’s a troubleshooting screenshot (thankfully someone was able to test this with me),

Attachments:

Posted by: mrme.5817

mrme.5817

Have you tried creating a new chat tab with the appropriate settings?

Wuffy.9732

Have you tried creating a new chat tab with the appropriate settings?

Yes. I’ve tried that several times at least. I even removed the old chat tabs and replaced them with new ones. Nothing works, and Team chat simply will not display for the other borderlands.

Posted by: OhHellzNo.1268

OhHellzNo.1268

This just happened to me today as well. Every other chat is working fine except team chat in WVW. I don’t think it’s a client issue either. I have two accounts, and using the same computer and client, only one of my accounts has this bug.

Wuffy.9732

This just happened to me today as well. Every other chat is working fine except team chat in WVW. I don’t think it’s a client issue either. I have two accounts, and using the same computer and client, only one of my accounts has this bug.

Wow great! So I’m not going crazy then, my account must be bugged too. I submitted an actual ticket and now just waiting for a response from Anet…

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Uncheckmark all the chat things and recheck mark them that fixes it. Not only the chat window box, but there is another box with the settings.

Wuffy.9732

Uncheckmark all the chat things and recheck mark them that fixes it. Not only the chat window box, but there is another box with the settings.

Could you explain that better? What “other box” is there with settings? I’ve already tried unchecking and rechecking the chat channels.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, he/she is referring to the drop-down boxes found in the Chat box options.

Wuffy.9732

tried those too :\.

Pretty much, everything in the chat window i’ve played with, honestly. Still no fix.

Posted by: hyperchaotic.2390

hyperchaotic.2390

I have had the same problem for a week now. Tried all the obvious things in-game, also tried repairing and deleting local.dat.

Other people can see if I message with /team and I can see comments I made myself, but I can see nothing from anybody else.

Wuffy.9732

I’m slowly losing patience with Arenanet, they still have not responded to this thread or any of my Support Ticket responses on the matter (2x of them). I haven’t been able to see Team chat for nearly the whole month now. All I can do is hope that this bug is fixed with any upcoming patches. Thankfully Map chat works, so I can still slightly be informed about callouts.

But seriously, I’m disappointed in Anet for not answering me at all. At least a simple “Yes, we are looking into it” could reassure me, but this silent treatment only tells me that they either don’t care or don’t know how to fix.

Posted by: OhHellzNo.1268

OhHellzNo.1268

My chat is still bugged too, and no response from anet. A really weird thing happened yesterday though. I was able to communicate through team chat with another person on my server that also has their team chat bugged. Neither of us could see anyone else’s team chat, only the team chat between the two of us.

Anyways, this is pretty annoying. Not being able to respond to cross-map callouts and stuff is real boring.

(edited by OhHellzNo.1268)