Chat Lagging & Social Features not Working

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

So I’m experiencing this really weird issue where my game works perfectly fine, but my social features (friends list, whisper, LFG, Guild, etc.) are either lagging or just not working, as if they’re disconnected. I’m also receiving regular disconnect errors, but not actually disconnecting from the game.

I know GW2 has multiple different connections running (TP, Game, Social) to different servers/ip addresses. My assumption is I’m getting packet loss to the “social” server and only the “social” server. Sometimes it goes away for a couple hours, but it’s been a consistent bug the past week or so. I haven’t made any major changes to my network either.

I’d submit a support ticket, but I’ve found support to be largely useless with network issues.

Has anyone had similar experience with this? Any solutions?

noice

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Well, most of the people who send in network issues to Anet are having issues on the pathway to the servers. Which, Anet doesn’t own, nor can they control/fix.

Have you tried repairing your client? And is the TP working? There are some browser issues that will cause in game issues as well. It’s listed in the FAQ.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.