Chat window

Chat window

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

After the update, no matter which character I logged into the game on, I am unable to use the chat at all. Did not matter which channel I’d use (checked all of them) and it wasnt a result of the specific chat tab (made new ones). The chat simply does not work. Currently using the -repair switch, but it hasnt progressed in the last 10 minutes.

Chat window

Posted by: SevR.6429

SevR.6429

Same issue here. Also when I try and whisper a guild member the game engine states that I’m trying to whisper to a guild member that is not online, while I’m watching the guild member type in the guild chat.

Update: It started after I had loaded a character that was in the grove, and was getting dye refunds.

(edited by SevR.6429)

Chat window

Posted by: magnolia.9368

magnolia.9368

Same issue here. I can’t use say, map, guild, etc. chats whatsoever. I can pipe text to the window using “/e does something!” but that’s about it. I also tried to party invite random people from the chat window. No dice, it said everyone was in a party (which I know they weren’t).

Chat window

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Same issue here. AND I MUST CHAT ELSE I DIE.

Kidding plox fix ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Chat window

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Confirmed. Restarted GW2 several times, changed characters, zones, etc. Cannot chat at all. Happened after I went to the grove, though I suspect it may be related to megaserver in general.

This needs to be priority #1.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Chat window

Lilith Ajit.6173

Additional info: I logged into my second account on the same computer and I could chat. Logged into my main account again, and still couldn’t chat. It is account based and not client/download based.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Chat window

Posted by: magnolia.9368

magnolia.9368

Update, other users reported this started happening after they visited The Grove, which I most certainly did. Might want to avoid it if possible, and warn others.

Chat window

Lilith Ajit.6173

Update, other users reported this started happening after they visited The Grove, which I most certainly did. Might want to avoid it if possible, and warn others.

Interesting. I couldn’t pinpoint exactly when it went wrong, but yes, it was certainly after this. I experienced severe lag at the Grove, and switched characters as soon as I got my dyes from my parked Sylvari.

[ARES]

Chat window

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

Its been pinned down to happening when you visit the Grove. There’s another thread going about it now titled CHAT. It seems once you visit the Grove you cannot chat in any medium. Players you try to whisper show as offline. You CAN send in game mail but thats it.

Chat window

Posted by: Sprocket.4751

Sprocket.4751

Can’t chat too, I did visit the grove but this happened 30min after when people started coming into the pvp lobby with the megaserver.

Chat window

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I cant type either, I thought it was a MAC issue but it doesnt look like it.

Chat window

Posted by: Drifter.2187

Drifter.2187

Please fix this!! Makes it very difficult to play

Chat window

Posted by: Phylotus.1702

Phylotus.1702

It appears that the grove is the common denominator, as this problem happened after I logged on to my human thief who was residing in the grove. I won’t rehash what others have said because it’s redundant, but I have sent a report to Anet about it, and I’m sure many of you have, so I am hoping that they will respond to either this thread or some of us soon as the situation gets updated.

Chat window

Posted by: swagosaurus.9341

swagosaurus.9341

Use this thread.

Chat window

Posted by: StanleyJohny.8047

StanleyJohny.8047

I wasnt in the grove for a last few weeks. I dont even have a sylvari on my account and still got this bug. I dont know when it happens.

Seriously i have seen many many bugs in many many games. But bug which makes you cant write anytning ? ANet are you serious ? Thats too much for im done here.