Client unable to connect to login server [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: IceCold.3542

IceCold.3542

Last night I couldn’t get in at all. Then I could get in on my main, but not a new Revenant. Today, I tried again with Rev, but no joy, so logged in on my main. Then, whaddayaknow? I can log in on my Rev now into LA. Went through Asura gate to Black Citadel. All seems ok now.

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

Deleting my dat file was the only thing that worked for me. Thanks.

Posted by: Noldy.7302

Noldy.7302

If you’re still having issues, try this solution:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Posted by: Kallan.4593

Kallan.4593

Been getting network error since about 10 pm EST 10/28/15. Scanned game files, tried different characters, nothing is working. My connection is solid, I played several other online games afterwards.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nosferatu.3058

Nosferatu.3058

I also keep getting this same as above, I was running Ascalonian Catacombs Path 1, jumped to middle waypoint, and it DC’d me went to reconnect and it keeps giving my the error code, kicks me to my desktop and auto relaunches my client and when I try connecting to a character I cant connect to it, even tried others.

Posted by: Jellicle Kitten.5716

Jellicle Kitten.5716

Echoing Kallan and Nosferatu. Thought I had found a way around it by copying the game files from my husband’s PC to mine and it was running fine for about an hour, then it booted me and I got the same “network error” message everyone else seems to have.

Now I can suddenly log back in. Dear ANet, please feed your hamsters.

Posted by: VorpalBunny.8324

VorpalBunny.8324

Happened to me again just a few minutes ago, booted out of fighting the Horror in lab mid-fight.

I tried the local.dat deletion after 2 failed relog/exit attempts. It did work (so far) and was faster than -repair.

That said the fact that the game has put itself int funkState twice in 1 day requiring the user to do/fake repairs is really pretty bad. I hope they fix this stuff soon or at the very least give the right error so the average person knows what to do.

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

Happened again to me as well, in the middle of a fractal.
Hey! Just got in!

(edited by Aero.1489)

Posted by: Fumbler.1384

Fumbler.1384

It’s back! Any particular reason this only keeps happening during the evening US time?

Posted by: Fumbler.1384

Fumbler.1384

That’s great and all by why does it only happen at certain times of the day.

And I’ve never had to repair to get back in. I just keep trying to log-in until it finally works. Takes about 15 attempts some times, but it always gets me back in eventually.

I’m not buying the “you need to repair the Client” spiel (no offense).

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

can only log in with repair

:(

Posted by: VorpalBunny.8324

VorpalBunny.8324

That’s great and all by why does it only happen at certain times of the day.

And I’ve never had to repair to get back in. I just keep trying to log-in until it finally works. Takes about 15 attempts some times, but it always gets me back in eventually.

I’m not buying the “you need to repair the Client” spiel (no offense).

Well, for me no amount of relog attempts has ever worked (yet) only the repair/.dat replacements did. I can’t speak for everyone but in at least some cases that might need to be done, or (especially since the .dat delete is fast) it may let you get back in a lot faster than spamming logins.

I agree to an extent though that repair client is a doofy workaround. Its sort of like when windows acts like garbage and the solution is reboot or reinstall. But right now seems to be what we have to work with. Maybe they cam comp us some extra days of HW event or something to compensate for the tech fail…

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Don’t do a repair. It takes too long. The method I tried below fixed it for me.

Delete GW2’s temporary file so it has to regenerate the file. You’ll only lose your graphics and sound settings but that’s it.

It fixed it for me.

Go here: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 and delete the “Local.dat” file.

This worked for me. Thanks. I hope i don’t have the same issue again though.

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

I tried doing the “local.dat” process, but the game crash still continues.

Anet please help!

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

Posted by: ccap.7682

ccap.7682

have there been any official response to all of the connection issues? I have been having disconnects for several days and it only started when HoT patches was released. One of the errors I get is 7.11.3.191.101. I’ve tried all of the fixes. repair, delete .dat, drivers update, disabled anti-virus, firewall, port open, and it still disconnects me AND everyone is having these issues so either I am missing the response from ARENANET or they are suspiciously not saying anything. Can someone point me to an official response ticket or thread? Did they not QA the patch? I can’t believe with ALL these ppl having this issue that at least one of the beta testers did not experience it or can’t they just remove the patch until they figure it out…at least I would be able to play

Posted by: Starligh.5214

Starligh.5214

Ditto. I can get to the character screen, but no further. Crashes every time. Someone suggested running a client repair. Anyone know how to do that?