CoherentUI_Host.exe + Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Toshi Yan Sen.7530

Toshi Yan Sen.7530

Biggin, your post proved very useful to me, thanks for that.
As we have about the same videocard, mine is a GTX 650, i noticed mine was set to 16 bit. So I changed that to 32 bit.
Low and behold, the launcher started downloading a huge amount of files, some 5.3 GB. After that, login went smoothly. The new TP also works. Login out and in again, no problems.
Thanks again Biggin.

Posted by: phystic.9567

phystic.9567

solved this week long problem for me as well they switched my color to 16 bit which is not supported. I switched it back and it now works. bad programmers

Posted by: Johan Skold

Previous

Johan Skold

Lead Engine Programmer

YES success ! I was running GW2 day before the update no problems SOMETHING in that download changed NVIDIA to 16 bit instead of 32 bit that it was originally!

Thank you for that pointer! Taking note.

And glad it appears to be working for most of you.

Posted by: kaomau.1453

kaomau.1453

I found a temporary solution, for the problem with that ‘unable to creat’ thing.

My PRoblem was now, that I started GW yesterday and everything was working…then I started it today and I got that error code. I had that problem for nearly half a year after the release of GW2 and it was my virtual space, which made problems.

But now it didn’t work. So I took the GW2.tmp from the normal GW2 folder and made gw2.exe out of it (surely renamed the original gw2.exe before). And it works. But I’m not sure how long it will stay like this.

So it seems to be a problem with the temp file the game creates. Something like the client couldn’t find that file…maybe?

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Am still getting at least one crash a day due to the tp so no cause for celebration!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Am still getting at least one crash a day due to the tp so no cause for celebration!

I assume you’ve been submitting your crash data by updating your ticket? You did make a ticket about your crashes?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Yifang.8260

I assume you’ve been submitting your crash data by updating your ticket? You did make a ticket about your crashes?

Several days ago, have sent many in game as well, haven’t been quiet about it so Anet should be very aware of my problems! As I’ve heard bleep all from them directly I am not happy.

Did get some response but no solutions, found one myself, set the coherent.exe to open with GW2, not sure if that does anything but my tp has worked well since and have had far less crashes afterward and even some game improvement.

(edited by Yifang.8260)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

Please help, after this latest patch, I can’t seem to log in. I have tried the suggested route of whitelisting the programs specified in Johan’s post w/o any success.

—> Crash <—
Assertion: m_system != NULL
File: ..\..\..\Engine\ArenaWeb\AwCohContext.cpp(95)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 3376
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 002F0000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 39660
When: 2014-09-30T17:28:06Z 2014-09-30T10:28:06-07:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06
Flags: 0

Edit:
I decided to go through and systematically do all the suggested fixes in Johan’s post. The one what worked was under the heading “Failed to load Coherent DLL: 0×1

I deleted the bin folder and the game was able to start. Hopefully this helps if you encounter my same error message.

(edited by Tom Yzf.5872)

Yifang.8260

It helps a few times at the cost of maybe causing future crashes, having no internet browsers open whilst running GW2 so far has prevented me having any coherent related crashes or at most one or two in the last week.

Posted by: Mercury.1208

Mercury.1208

So…will you fix it with another patch or something else?

Posted by: blacklotus.2540

blacklotus.2540

Ok so i have tried up and down all of these known fixes without any resolution. i have a second system that guild wars 2 works fine. what i did was just replace a good known working copy of these files to the system having the problem and was able to then log in.

these are located under the bin folder

CoherentUI.dll
CoherentUI_Host.exe
d3dcompiler_43.dll
ffmpegsumo.dll
icudt.dll
libEGL.dll
libGLESv2.dll

hope this helps

Posted by: Natteregn.5827

Natteregn.5827

Hi

I have read and read about how to deal with the client not working, but all the answers is for Windows. I have a Mac, and I have had several client problems during the last few months. My current problem is this Cohorent server fail – like on the picture, and afterwords I can’t open the client at all, so I need to restart the computer. during the last few weeks, I have tried twice that the client opened without any problems at all. or else it is saying that the client can’t open, or it can’t get connection to the server.

And now I am at it, Trading Post is a pain in the kitten ! It almost never work, either the crash and close itself , because of error because it can’t get connection to the server, or it simply just freezes the game, so I need to force it to close.

I really wish somebody can help me – and again it is a Mac.

Last thing! when will the client for Mac be done? it is still the beta version, and it is said here, on GW’s official homepage, that it will be done after testresults ect. so i am just wondering if that will be done soon? (:

Attachments:

Posted by: TheRuthlessSaiyan.8021

TheRuthlessSaiyan.8021

With the past 2 patches my client has displayed this error. To resolve the issue the first time I used a code that was on the GW2 support website but now with the most recent patch the same issue occurred and the code won’t fix it this time around. I unsure of what to do can anyone provide some helpful information?

Posted by: Jess Sunshine.5163

Jess Sunshine.5163

All the solutions are for Windows, I have the same error message, but on my Mac. Any solutions?

Posted by: Hoppipolla.2841

Hoppipolla.2841

All the solutions are for Windows, I have the same error message, but on my Mac. Any solutions?

Same here. I just logged out from the game an hour ago. But right now I couldn’t log-in and got the same msg on Mac.

Attachments:

Jess Sunshine.5163

Same here. I just logged out from the game an hour ago. But right now I couldn’t log-in and got the same msg on Mac.

Oh interesting! Maybe it’s temporary?

Jess goes back to her Mac and tries to download it… Oh so far it’s working (1%). I’ll come back later for a follow-up. Is it working for you too now?

Jess Sunshine.5163

Oh interesting! Maybe it’s temporary?

Jess goes back to her Mac and tries to download it… Oh so far it’s working (1%). I’ll come back later for a follow-up. Is it working for you too now?

So yeah, probably a temporary bug. The game is installed. Happy me!

Posted by: Nikasaur.4713

Nikasaur.4713

I still have this problem after trying again to instal after a year:( Tech support tried all these steps then directed me here. Im using macbook pro. Have been through this thread trying everything. Any fixes for me? cries I have feeling i will never play gw2 until i get a new computer:(

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I just had this happen to me a few moments ago. Has there been a fix for this yet?

Attachments:

Posted by: RAB.7682

RAB.7682

Seems like this issue from 2014 has resurfaced.
Getting frequent crashes. Game has become unplayable.