Collector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

This thread is designed to answer questions from people who deleted their Collector’s Edition items and would like replacements.

Please note that there are two safeguards against this:

1. The player is warned to remove all valuable items from the character before deletion
  2. The player is required to type in the entire name of the character, to avoid a “mis-click”

Having said that, we do understand that some players were not aware that items like the Miniature Rytlock were given as one per account, and not one per every character. The developers are looking at this issue and hope to have a remedy in place soon.

I will merge threads about this topic to keep things aligned.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Xlayer.4695

Xlayer.4695

Hi guys i think i make a huge mistake or it looks like it… when i first create my character it was an elementalist human my CE mini pet was there but i dint like that character so i delete it and make a new one an when i look into the bag theres no mini pet on it and neither on the mail i create lots o characters and nothing can you gus help me out whit this

Posted by: Cocoito.7234

Cocoito.7234

I hope them can help !!! and send to all characters we made all the items again

Posted by: SpiderPIG.4150

SpiderPIG.4150

I have this same problem. Made an elementalist but deleted the character and went ranger instead. The odd thing though, is that on my new ranger character I still received both mails but one of them were empty. The other contained the golem banker and hero’s band and one other item I think.

I’ve contacted support and they replied “We are aware of the issue with Collector’s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_- A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () once the forums re-open for updates!”

Guess we have to wait for major issues to be fixed first for them to get around to giving everyone their deluxe/collectors items.

Posted by: Eijolend.2485

Eijolend.2485

Could it be, that you used the “deposit all collectibles” function? Since minipets count as collectible you would find it in the collectibles tab of your bank.

Posted by: CorpraSalaith.8912

CorpraSalaith.8912

I never got any of my CE edition items during headstart/release . I did not delete my primary character and accidentally lose the items, they just never showed up in my in game mail. After hitting 30 on my first toon the other day, my Summon Mistfire Wolf Skill is still greyed out, so obviously something is amiss. I have received a support email stating that I should watch the forums and that a solution is upcoming. I’m not in a huge hurry, but I did want to put this up incase others were having identical issues, and so perhaps the issue would be addressed under this thread.

Enjoying the game otherwise! Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Litogotil.8264

Litogotil.8264

Yes i too have the same issue. i created my character (Elementalist) thinking i spelled the name right and when i logged in i saw i messed it up so i quickly went back deleted and created it again but my items where gone. Please help(

Posted by: Ryuujin.5760

Ryuujin.5760

I submitted a ticket for this on day 1 during the early access.

Here’s the response:

Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector?s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_- A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () once the forums re-open for updates!

Best regards,

Chris
Guild Wars Support Team

Posted by: Snoblitz.4980

Snoblitz.4980

I think many of us did the same thing. I went as far as rebuying the Digital Deluxe upgrade for 2000 gems on the in-game store. That was a mistake. Learn from my mistake and don’t do that. :-)

Posted by: Snoblitz.4980

Snoblitz.4980

By the way, I meant to say it but I forgot. Buying the 2000 gem upgrade results in NOTHING being delivered. Ouch.

Posted by: Geminichild.3402

Geminichild.3402

I was able to get the Chalice, Book, and Minature with my Asura but none of my other characters

Posted by: Geminichild.3402

Geminichild.3402

Yeah I got the items for one of my characters for one of the emails (Chalice, Minature, book) but now the email is greyed out with all my other characters. I can still get the Banker and Hero’s Band but nothign else

Posted by: Elnai Organu.5346

Elnai Organu.5346

I was able to get the Chalice, Book, and Minature with my Asura but none of my other characters

These apply to your first character created only, as they’re one-time use items. The mistfire wolf elite and the Hero’s Band are on all characters created. See Here.

CorpraSalaith.8912

LOL! I have 7 characters, and nothing has ever shown up on any of them. I got nervous when during the last couple of stress tests, I saw tons of folks running around with their mini Rytlock, and I didn’t have mine…but I just kinda shrugged it off as….well…the game’s not released yet. Guess I was right to worry

Posted by: ivedefected.7349

ivedefected.7349

im in the same boat here

Posted by: Hurik.6137

Hurik.6137

In the same boat here, missing stuff from the one mail since I deleted the character… hoping for an update on this situation, and thanks again!

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

In amongst the chaos of the 3 day head start I accepted a mail for DDE items only to delete that toon ( I wanted to grab names quickly).
In any event it wasn’t until some time later that I realised my egregious mistake it would seem as the mail was a one time only. So is that it? Have I lost my mini Rytlock?
Tbh honest I find this absurd given that its account bound. I should be able to make 100 mini Rytlock if I desired (not that you could do anything with them).
The point being there is no purpose to make it a ‘once off’ mail because I would not benefit by duplicating it.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Pringles.5192

Pringles.5192

ouch. shoulda deposited ur rytlock. maybe GW2 should implement a 3 day grace period before accounts are completely deleted.

SoPP.7034

Ah I just made a thread on this too.
In my rush to grab names I deleted my toon too. It seems pointless to not be able to reclaim my mini Rytlock, its account bound anyway yes? I cant sell duplicates.

Posted by: coldfire.1935

coldfire.1935

same here sent a ticket about 5 days ago still waiting

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

In order to delete the Rytlock, you have to read the warning and, after that, confirm you really want to delete the character. So there are safeguards in place to prevent the accidental deletion of this one-time item.

Having said that, the team is looking at other ways to address this player concern. If you have submitted a ticket about this, you will be in the queue, and when there is a remedy you will be assisted.

Thank you for your patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

SoPP.7034

ouch. shoulda deposited ur rytlock. maybe GW2 should implement a 3 day grace period before accounts are completely deleted.

I should have but was unfamiliar with how you could deposit collectibles at the time.

SoPP.7034

In order to delete the Rytlock, you have to read the warning and, after that, confirm you really want to delete the character. So there are safeguards in place to prevent the accidental deletion of this one-time item.

Having said that, the team is looking at other ways to address this player concern. If you have submitted a ticket about this, you will be in the queue, and when there is a remedy you will be assisted.

Thanks for the feedback Gaile.
I remember a message to the effect of “Do you really want to delete this toon?” Was Rytlock mentioned?

I have submitted a ticket and hope to hear some favourable feedback.

Posted by: Graff.8012

Graff.8012

Thank you for a response GaileGray!

CorpraSalaith.8912

I appreciate the feedback about this issue, and am glad the forums are finally up. But once again I would like to make CLEAR that I DID NOT delete my initial character on this account. My items were just never sent. I got one initial mail with the Hero’s band, (and subsequent Hero’s bands on each character created thereafter) but never received more than that. If that is not proof enough I’d like an explanation as to why my Summon Mistfire Wolf skill is still not available (greyed out) across ALL toons (7 to be exact) on this account. I believe the issue (at least in my case) is that for whatever reason, my digital items simply were not activated on my account.

Still enjoying the game while waiting for a resolution!

Posted by: constantgeek.8371

constantgeek.8371

I also deleted my first char , managed to deposit my rhytlock miniature but havent used or deposited my chalice of glory and tome of influence

already create a ticket but no response yet

Posted by: Ethereal.1537

Ethereal.1537

I have the same problem of the mistfire wolf being greyed out and the game not letting me select the skill. It has to be a bug since I’ve heard of other people having it, while still being able to purchase other skills in the same elite area and the 30 point skills. I have the Digital Deluxe Edition that I upgraded to after the game launched.

Posted by: Son of Hammerfall.4687

Son of Hammerfall.4687

thanks for the response

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

I did the same thing and I’m still kicking myself. I wish there had been a warning, “One per account.”

Posted by: Stray.1864

Stray.1864

I also deleted my first character, I realize it was our responsibility to read and understand the rules of character deletion, but I think that since this is something a lot of people paid an extra $20 for it should be restored since it’s digital content.

Best of luck resolving the PvP rewards issues, I look forward to the day when your most pressing game related issue is this little complaint that we share.

Posted by: Endelon.1042

Endelon.1042

I imagine most people, like myself, didn’t even loot the CE mail before deleting their first character. I never got the items so I wasn’t able to use them on a character and then delete the character, like others have done.

It was absolutely Anet’s fault for creating this problem. There was -not- a warning that the collector’s edition items were one-time only. There was no warning that I would not receive the in-game mail again.There was no indication that the mini-pet was a one-time only.There was no warning that by deleting my character that I would not be able to receive what I paid for.

If the items are going to be restored then just say that. I don’t really understand why the posts keep going out of their way to include a little part about how it’s the player’s fault when the problem was the goofy way that Anet decided to hand the items out. I have no problem contacting my bank about not receiving what I paid for if it’s not resolved—the game itself is great (!!) but the terrible CS is really what’s ruined the launch.

(edited by Endelon.1042)

Posted by: Xenivid.7538

Xenivid.7538

Would really like my pet…

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

That warning content at support page was not there before, I checked everywhere on head start..I could not even resume playing the game when I discovered that I have lost my items. But support confirmed that they will be solving this.

My second ticket regarding this issue was created 2 days ago. As long as am getting the items I have paid for I really don’t care if its their fault or not although There was absolutely no warning regrading this matter until it actually occurred.

By the way, I meant to say it but I forgot. Buying the 2000 gem upgrade results in NOTHING being delivered. Ouch.

Thanks for the warning, I thought of doing that but had no idea it is a useless and a wate of money solution.

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

Posted by: Locustcloud.2091

Locustcloud.2091

I submitted a ticket for this on day 1 during the early access.

Here’s the response:

Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector?s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. -_- A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums () once the forums re-open for updates!

Best regards,

Chris
Guild Wars Support Team

You have no idea how much this pleases me. I also made the accident of deleting my first toon to create a new one. An behold, my things were gone. I ordered the Limited Collectors Edition. I really hope the people with this problem will get the items returned to them. So is there any progress on this fix? I made the same mistake as Snoblitz and bought the 2k gem upgrade, yep did nothing.

(edited by Locustcloud.2091)

Posted by: peri.2018

peri.2018

I created my character immediately (during 3-day headstart right when the servers came online) to save the name and then deleted shortly after that to create my character the way I wanted. I didn’t even start the game with my character so I didn’t look at my mail. I don’t remember the warning specifying anything about Rytlock or my other 1 time items being deleted, but it could also be because I was so excited about playing =D I put in a bug ticket intitially as I thought it was a bug and I knew support was bogged down with other issues. I guess I should go put in a support ticket now. Thanks for the thread!

Posted by: The Shonksta.7294

The Shonksta.7294

Same here, finally got enough gems to get the upgrade thinking I could get my items back. . .unfortunately they did not return, just under 6 gold wasted. Not happy, but its good to know they are working on a remedy.

Posted by: Thriss.2409

Thriss.2409

same problem here.
deleted at 25 august ç_ç
i was thinking that works like gw1….. sad story :’(

Posted by: Nphinx.6123

Nphinx.6123

Sadly same thing happened to me First I thought it was a bug, but once I read on the forums that this is a common isue and people didn’t read the information about the items all of my hopes were lost really hope we can get the pets back….

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Why not simply enable the Rylock mini on all the Deluxe / CE accounts’ collections tab? Sending it by mail is asking for (this kind of) trouble…

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: Distortion.2918

Distortion.2918

While I couldn’t really care about the chalice of glory and tome of influence, I do care about the mini. Being semi-ocd is irks me to see that empty slot in my collectibles pan. While we are aware that the characters items were wiped. I really felt that the mini being “account bound” signified that it would be acquired on all characters upon character creation, which I still feel it should be as I don’t see it breaking anything in-game. Those of us that were in a rush to just reserve our name quickly deleted our initial character after reserving the name and created it as we saw fit afterwards. I have no doubt that Anet will remedy the problem, I just doubt it’s on the top of their to-do list. I’d much rather have tournament chests working first >_>

Posted by: Meshuggah.9103

Meshuggah.9103

I got the collector edition and i recived all of the special items, except the elite skill. i have level 30 warrior and i can’t use it. it’s greyed out.

Posted by: Barzmon.1320

Barzmon.1320

I too did not think the mini Rytlock was a one time deal, I deleted my first character and off he went…I even sent a ticket 3 days ago, but they didnt respond to me…Felt bad man atleast its known problem on the forum

Posted by: peregrine.2159

peregrine.2159

I created my character immediately (during 3-day headstart right when the servers came online) to save the name and then deleted shortly after that to create my character the way I wanted. I didn’t even start the game with my character so I didn’t look at my mail. I don’t remember the warning specifying anything about Rytlock or my other 1 time items being deleted, but it could also be because I was so excited about playing =D…

I did exactly the same thing. I logged in as soon as servers were up on the head start, saved all my names and then deleted them to make the actual character look while the name was locked for 24 hours. I think that’s what happened to many of the people with this issue. I did look to see the warning just a minute ago not to check who’s at fault, as they already said they will be fixing the issue, but curiosity to see what is actually said… “Deleting a character will permanently destroy any items in that character’s inventory as well as any character-based unlocks associated with that character” At least we know for the future that mini’s are not account based.

And thank you to ArenaNet for the quick reply to support tickets and an amazing game. Here’s hoping to a fix soon.

Posted by: Redundulus.5432

Redundulus.5432

I didn’t understand how to put the Rytlock Mini into my collections. I tried to drag and drop it and now its gone

Posted by: Blaze.8127

Blaze.8127

Deleted my toon lost all CE items. so bit the bullet and paid 2000 gems for CE upgrade thinking that I would receive new batch of CE items.
I was wrong nothing =(
i really hope they sort this & re issue even just the pets,

“edit” i made an account for the support ticket but when i try log back into it says, password is wrong or have been banned,

(edited by Blaze.8127)

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

My Tome of Influence bugged out on the first day and didn’t apply the 1000 influence to my guild. It’s gone and I’ve wasted this item. I understand that this has happened to a few people.

Can we recover the tome at all?

Posted by: Hyena.9648

Hyena.9648

Deleted my toon lost all CE items. so bit the bullet and paid 2000 gems for CE upgrade thinking that I would receive new batch of CE items.
I was wrong nothing =(
i really hope they sort this & re issue even just the pets

I was debating doing the same thing. So glad I didn’t!
Thanks for the heads up.
I just want my mini Rytlock

I created an Asura. Grabbed all the stuff from his mail… Did maybe two quests, and gave up on him, deleting him.

Guild Wars 1 had every pet in your inventory separately, so I assumed it was the same here. Didn’t know I had to add it to a collection or whatever :/

Here’s to hoping this is fixed ^^
I’d hate to lose it all over a simple mistake

“I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.”
— Mark Z. Danielewski, Only Revolutions

(edited by Hyena.9648)

Posted by: Moepkid.3658

Moepkid.3658

I hope they will send them again :/ i really want the items but i deleted my first character with it. please send them fast, i like the game but i didnt pay for something i can’t use.

(edited by Moepkid.3658)

Posted by: Nightwind.9024

Nightwind.9024

I created a ticket a few days ago (Ref# 120903-009419), but figured I’d post here as well…

I purchased the digital deluxe upgrade from the GEM store. I have received the Miniature Rytlock, Golem Banker, Chalice of Glory, and Tome of Influence just fine. However, the Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill does not appear to be unlocked. I am above level 30 and able to use the other elite skills.

Guildmaster for the Mystical Hunters [MH]
Henge of Denravi server
http://area42.enjin.com

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I’m in the same boat. My first moments in the game are now a bit hazy, but I really don’t recall reading a warning about deleting the pet and the guild xp scroll, etc. Please allow those to be reclaimed. It’s been an awful way to start my experience with this game, having shelled out an extra $20 for these items and having them vanish unused.