Coming back to GW2

Coming back to GW2

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Adjective.6934

Adjective.6934

Hello. I am coming back to GW2 but I accidentally threw away the serial code that came inside the game. the one where I had to authenticate that I actually bought it, I knew in the past it required you type in that code whenever there was a patch, but like I said I lost it. Does anybody know of a number I can call to get in touch with them or what do I have to do?

Coming back to GW2

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

There is no number to call. If you need to get in contact with Support, you can mouse up to the Services Tab and then click “Support” to get a hold of them.

They will be able to help you with your issue.

Coming back to GW2

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is not now, nor ever has been, a requirement to type in your CD-Key number before, during or after a patch. It can, however, be used to reset your password, or something.

CS will not send you a copy of your CD-Key, as it is not absolutely necessary for any in-game or out-of-game interactions.

As long as you know your Account Name and password (which you obviously do, having posted in the Forum), you can enter and play the game.

Welcome back. =)

Coming back to GW2

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Correct. We do not require a serial code to download or enable any game updates, nor to retrieve an account. We generally can find other means to establish account ownership.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet