Computer fan spinning FAST when playing.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SenTrax.8907

SenTrax.8907

I got a PC for a few reasons, but one of them was to play this game. I used to own only macs, and generally they shut down when they’re too hot. I’m assuming PCs are the same way, so I’m not sure it’s actually overheating. These are the specs:

AMD FX 6350 six core 3.90 ghz
16 gb ram
AMD Radeon RX-480 8 gb

I changed the resolution from 1920 to 720 assuming that would help, and lowered the graphics down by a lot. But the fan still seems to be working just as hard.

Specs are by no means impressive at all, but they seem like enough to run this game on medium settings without it being too intensive.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

Would you be able to fetch the temperatures of the devices, and also the % fan usage while playing the game? HWMonitor from CPUID would be recommended for fetching this information. Only download from the official CPUID website.

I want to know information in regards to CPU and graphics card, pertaining to temperature in Celsius and percentage of fan speed during game play.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: SenTrax.8907

SenTrax.8907

Thanks for the response Attached the info ya asked for.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’m not seeing GPU temp, but if it’s anywhere close to your CPU temp you’re fine.

The fan working hard is perfectly fine (and it’s the expected result, really); just make sure nothing goes above ~80C and you won’t have anything to worry about. If your temps do go higher, make sure that your computer has good airflow and it’s not super dusty

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Depending on the firmware of your card, the default fan speed profile may be too aggressive. Assuming your temps are fine, you can use the default GPU control app (or even a different card maker’s e.g. MSI afterburner) to set the fans to spin up less aggressively.

Also, do you have the OEM blower type cooler or an aftermarket open style cooler? A blower works better in a cramped, airflow poor case (blows hot air out), but an open cooler is better in a well ventilated case (more efficient cooler but needs the case to remove the hot air). Blower fans also tend to be louder.

Btw, you’re right about shutting down when it’s too hot… however if your Mac or PC does get to that point, there’s something seriously wrong with your cooling solution. It should throttle performance down to a safe level instead of needing to shut down.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)