Connection Issues: July 11 and 12

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

As stated its a DNS server thats taking some time to update. Simply wait for an hour (yes yes, we all have the patience of a demented goldfish) and try again.

It could take up to 24 hours and Windows itself may cache the old records for that long, which can be cleared using cmd.exe:
ipconfig /flushdns.

But why wait? Simply force it by using the -assetsrv command. You can lookup the IP yourself using cmd.exe and Google DNS:
nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Is this somehow related now that Net neutrality boycot what most of largest operators and suppliers is doing today. They said that net connections may be very slow and doesn’t work equally, because they want to show how net will work if there is not net neutrality going on.

I saw reddit popup with net neutrality ads at around the same time as this started, so it could be, but highly unlikely as that would be a huge risk to screw over businesses by cutting their services. The original problem was that CloudFront couldn’t connect to ArenaNet’s servers for whatever reason. CloudFront itself was running fine, GW2’s origin server was fine and GW2’s other Amazon services were still up, so there was probably a configuration problem or an attack on the route between them. The fix they did was changing providers from CloudFront to CDNetworks, so something must have went wrong with CloudFront.

“This site can’t be reached

origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

:-(

Search your start menu for and open cmd.exe. Enter the following:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com

It should either fail or show a IP result.

Do it again using Google’s DNS to compare:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

The forums and that server are hosted in the same location, so either your DNS is wrong, or something is blocking you.

You could also visit the IP directly http://64.25.41.2/, which should show the IIS splash page.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: Anubiss.9843

Anubiss.9843

“D:\Game\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -maploadinfo -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
im using something like that in my shortcut Europe Poland

Posted by: Vinko.4602

Vinko.4602

Ist still not working, but im going on job anyway, proly they will sort it out until i come home:)

Revenant Amplified Wrath [AmP] FoW

Posted by: Occel.3925

Occel.3925

I’m going through the same thing.

Posted by: SoulMaster.3748

SoulMaster.3748

try this for someone still want downloading the gw2
1.Rename gw2 setup64 in to Gw2
2.Right click Gw2 and Create a shortcut
3.Right click the Gw2 -Shortcut then Properties
4.Target: Example Only C/Games/Gw2 .exe(Space it once)add this -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
5.Run Gw2 -Shortcut . Still cant download it wait for other Dnsadd
Note this is for not Login attemp this is for who wants to download the client.

(edited by SoulMaster.3748)

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

Yes This works.
Right click on your gw2 shortcut icon on the desktop.
select properties, in the target field paste the following
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Note the addition at the end with a space after "
Good luck!

That’s one step closer.

Previously, I was getting a red message at the bottom of the screen as soon as my game attempted to run, that the rest of you are complaining about. Never hit the login screen. Now, after inserting this IP, I get the login screen. Yay!

Unfortunately, as soon as I click the button to login, I am taken to a grey colored page that says “Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error…” and it continues with the old familiar can’t connect to the log-in server message. At least I’ve seen that error before, and know it doesn’t last. Hopefully, this will be resolved by the time I get home from work tonight.

(edited by Tibicia.8315)

Posted by: Monarc.9726

Monarc.9726

Now the log-in server is down.

Posted by: GrnShttrdLyte.9716

GrnShttrdLyte.9716

As stated its a DNS server thats taking some time to update. Simply wait for an hour (yes yes, we all have the patience of a demented goldfish) and try again.

It could take up to 24 hours and Windows itself may cache the old records for that long, which can be cleared using cmd.exe:
ipconfig /flushdns.

But why wait? Simply force it by using the -assetsrv command. You can lookup the IP yourself using cmd.exe and Google DNS:
nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Is this somehow related now that Net neutrality boycot what most of largest operators and suppliers is doing today. They said that net connections may be very slow and doesn’t work equally, because they want to show how net will work if there is not net neutrality going on.

I saw reddit popup with net neutrality ads at around the same time as this started, so it could be, but highly unlikely as that would be a huge risk to screw over businesses by cutting their services. The original problem was that CloudFront couldn’t connect to ArenaNet’s servers for whatever reason. CloudFront itself was running fine, GW2’s origin server was fine and GW2’s other Amazon services were still up, so there was probably a configuration problem or an attack on the route between them. The fix they did was changing providers from CloudFront to CDNetworks, so something must have went wrong with CloudFront.

“This site can’t be reached

origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

:-(

Search your start menu for and open cmd.exe. Enter the following:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com

It should either fail or show a IP result.

Do it again using Google’s DNS to compare:

nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

The forums and that server are hosted in the same location, so either your DNS is wrong, or something is blocking you.

You could also visit the IP directly http://64.25.41.2/, which should show the IIS splash page.

The first failed. The second showed the IP result, as it should. Visiting the IP directly gave me a bright white screen with nothing on it. (Sorry to include your entire reply, I tried the cut it down and I cut too much, so I deleted and reposted leaving it all in)

Posted by: Alchemist.1047

Alchemist.1047

try this for someone still want downloading the gw2
1.Rename gw2 setup64 in to Gw2
2.Right click Gw2 and Create a shortcut
3.Right click the Gw2 -Shortcut then Properties
4.Target: Example Only C/Games/Gw2 .exe(Space it once)add this -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
5.Run Gw2 -Shortcut . Still cant download it wait for other Dnsadd
Note this is for not Login attemp this is for who wants to download the client.

Great Thanks it is now downloading XD

Posted by: Caligrafers Blade.3871

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Hey guys, well, this worked: -authsrv 64.25.38.172 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Added it to filename in the Shortcut tab under Properties of the shortcut icon.

So for how long do we use this method?

Posted by: Ravel.5701

Ravel.5701

Still experiencing this issue. After staying open for a while the client downloaded a patch but after nothing happened but same old connection error. Nothing here worked.
I was seeing the login page while it downloaded but now am back to the initial blank one.

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

Update from NA, WA State. Able to get the new update via assestserv command with a new shortcut. Now just can’t log into the game kinda like when all the DDOS BS was going on last week. When I go back to my old shortcut without the “assestserv” the launcher is still just sitting at the trying to reconnect screen. Did a DNS flush and it doesn’t help.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Posted by: Kymi.8659

Kymi.8659

i just did a repair on the client and its fixed, try going to gw2 support and locating the Repair Client from the database, or open yer client by right clicking, select properties, in the target line add -repair, be sure to space before you start to type, hit ok and then it will close , then dbbl click yer icon like yer gonna login and it will start the repair, repair takes lik 7 mins, but its fixed, yayyyyyy gone to play

Kymi

Posted by: Aeon.4583

Aeon.4583

We all going to die down here

Posted by: eagles.6380

eagles.6380

tried installing game again after the whole issue with connection, I now cannot install the game and decides to stop installing at any given random point. The third try of installing it has stopped at 1%.

Anet, help pls

Two Strapz

Posted by: Massaker.5147

Massaker.5147

Eu desinstalei o jogo para ver se resolvido, apenas a situação agravou-se o que eu devo fazer agora? ainda o mesmo erro

Abre a pasta do jogo e
ve se apagou o arquivo .dat, se não apagou definitivamente não precisa baixar novamente
O problema da conexão é no servidor do jogo e então teremos que esperar uma solução da arenanet. O que dá para fazer é ir na pasta do jogo, clicar com o direito no arquivo .exe e escolher criar atalho, depois escolhe renomear atalho clicando com o direito em cima novamente e adicionar no final do nome -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Ex: Guild Wars 2 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Depois clica com o direito novamente no atalho, escolhe propriedades, na aba atalho vá em Destino e acrescenta -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Clica em aplicar e ok
ex: “C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Tem um espaço entre " e -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Abrirá o launcher do jogo, fará os downloads necessários, porém não logará no jogo enquanto o suporte não corrigir o problema de conexão.

Se estiver demorando para fazer o download você pode usar esses dois juntos tbm -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Créditos para o usuário Healix que ensinou isso do -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 .

(edited by Massaker.5147)

Posted by: Ali.1420

Ali.1420

Worked fine after the patch until late last night. Logged out and now I am having connection error… retrying for the past 10 hours.

Posted by: EnchantixAqua.5327

EnchantixAqua.5327

I’m having the same issue as mentioned above for the 32 bit MAC client. I’m hoping that you guys can fix it soon.

Posted by: Brags.8947

Brags.8947

i’m suprised, i’m sure they r busy trying to solve the issues but surely they have somebody that can type to inform us of the situation and maybe the answer to start playing as some people seem to be able to do

Posted by: AgiM.3450

AgiM.3450

bOys stop screwing around about problems this link solves it.. It hat been linked more than 10 times already . Good day

Healix.5819

The first failed. The second showed the IP result, as it should.

Since your default DNS isn’t providing you with proper results, you should really switch.

See Google’s guide:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Since you only saw a white page though, your connection may have been refused. Here’s the direct link to an image to verify http://64.25.41.2/welcome.png. You’d need to do a little debugging for further information if you can’t see the image.

Posted by: Elnora The Wize.4903

Elnora The Wize.4903

this sucks iv played over 10 yrs and never had this happen

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No luck in EU here, although it did prompt for a repair (which I have done).

Looks like 3 of my MMO’s are down today at the same time! Might to have go “outside” or something at this rate..!

Posted by: Elnora The Wize.4903

Elnora The Wize.4903

this sucks iv played over 10 yrs and never had this happen

Posted by: Rakudrak.9534

Rakudrak.9534

Making a new GW2 shortcut and adding -authsrv 64.25.38.172 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 out side of the " allowed me to play.

Via reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6mrwzh/connnections_errors_detected_problem/

Posted by: Ravel.5701

Ravel.5701

I don’t know how some ran the repair because that too is giving me an error.

Posted by: Senkaga Yanze.7896

Senkaga Yanze.7896

try not to keep connecting if we all keep trying it will make it harder for them to fix the problem. i wanna play badly but theres nothing we can do its in their hands to fix the issue weather its fixed in a few hours or tomorrow.

Posted by: Lucas.6380

Lucas.6380

Eu desinstalei o jogo para ver se resolvido, apenas a situação agravou-se o que eu devo fazer agora? ainda o mesmo erro

Abre a pasta do jogo e
ve se apagou o arquivo .dat, se não apagou definitivamente não precisa baixar novamente
O problema da conexão é no servidor do jogo e então teremos que esperar uma solução da arenanet. O que dá para fazer é ir na pasta do jogo, clicar com o direito no arquivo .exe e escolher criar atalho, depois escolhe renomear atalho clicando com o direito em cima novamente e adicionar no final do nome -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Depois clica com o direito novamente no atalho, escolhe propriedades, na aba atalho vá em Destino e acrescenta -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
Clica em aplicar e ok
Abrirá o launcher do jogo, fará os downloads necessários, porém não logará no jogo enquanto o suporte não corrigir o problema de conexão.

Se estiver demorando para fazer o download você pode usar esses dois juntos tbm -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Não funcionou aqui :C

Posted by: GrnShttrdLyte.9716

GrnShttrdLyte.9716

The first failed. The second showed the IP result, as it should.

Since your default DNS isn’t providing you with proper results, you should really switch.

See Google’s guide:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Since you only saw a white page though, your connection may have been refused. Here’s the direct link to an image to verify http://64.25.41.2/welcome.png. You’d need to do a little debugging for further information if you can’t see the image.

I can see the image, so there’s that… Thanks for the info. I will look into it

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

as of know (15:58 AMSTD.BERLIN.BRUSSEL. (+0100)) servers are still down.
The trick with the ip adresses remains unsuccesful

Posted by: Kajan.7410

Kajan.7410

From EU here… this got me in:

Gw2.exe -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Posted by: RedRayneFall.5180

RedRayneFall.5180

It still won’t work for me.

Posted by: Kuunkulta.7152

Kuunkulta.7152

Is NCSoft taking part of the internet neutrality protest today or are these real issues?

RedRayneFall.5180

From EU here… this got me in:

Gw2.exe -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

How do I use this?

Posted by: Lucas.6380

Lucas.6380

Abre a pasta do jogo e
Clica em aplicar e ok

nao funcionou tambem

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

EU players > Make a shortcut file of GW2 > Target: Gw2.exe -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

Unlike the other workarounds posted, this actually worked for me. Just make a shortcut to the exe and put this into target, AFTER the quotes.

Caissech / Falásya

Posted by: SuddenD.9210

SuddenD.9210

bOys stop screwing around about problems this link solves it.. It hat been linked more than 10 times already . Good day

This “fix” will let you bypass the “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…” window and download the latest patch, but I am still not able to enter the game. Now instead I get the “Game Client unable to connect to the log-in server…”-error. EU btw.

Posted by: CRM.8439

CRM.8439

I need the IP that fixes the issue for OTHER region not EU and not US

RedRayneFall.5180

Blah, I’ll just wait on them to fix it I guess.

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

For NA, these should work:

-authsrv 64.25.38.172 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
-authsrv 54.89.152.137 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

EU requires different IPs for -authsrv:

My target looks like:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe” -authsrv 64.25.38.172 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

I am in New York state and after not being able to get in since 6am, I tried this and I now am in game.

*Taken from: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6mrwzh/connnections_errors_detected_problem/

CRM.8439

I need it for OTHER Region not for US or EU….

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I used this for NA and I got into the game.

-authsrv 54.89.152.137 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

CRM.8439

is there a list for all ips?

Healix.5819

I need it for OTHER Region not for US or EU….

There is no other region. You’re either EU or everything else (NA). There’s also China, but it’s basically a different game.

as of know (15:58 AMSTD.BERLIN.BRUSSEL. (+0100)) servers are still down.
The trick with the ip adresses remains unsuccesful

The servers have actually been up the entire time. The main issue was just that the patch servers were wrong. The other problem, the inability to login, is a general connectivity problem. You could use a VPN to get around that for example.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: TreggyCz.7041

TreggyCz.7041

And when I enter assetsrv 64.25.41.2 the client normally loads and I can not log in so what I know is I do not understand

Posted by: Durbog.6875

Durbog.6875

try this Gw2.exe -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 for me it work

Posted by: Ask the Nomad.6932

Ask the Nomad.6932

I tried the exe extensions listed here for NA, however I’m getting an error message saying that the target is not valid. Am I doing it wrong?

Posted by: Garuda.3610

Garuda.3610

Yes, same here.
And this is stupid —>(Message Body length must at least be 15)

“From the Sun I lead my ancient path”

Posted by: NekoHime.3806

NekoHime.3806

Still not working :c

Posted by: Jack Redline.5379

Jack Redline.5379

still not working the -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 worked for me if i wanted to upload the patch but didnt plugged me in game and without it i cant even open login window to my account