Connection Issues: July 11 and 12

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

Just to clarify, I’m still stuck in that situation. Trying manual repair now by changing target line. I’ll update if it works. I want to find that 1 file and ask the file; Why? xD

Hopefully it will work :/

If that doesn’t help, Duende, I suggest you submit a ticket to Customer Support so they can help you directly. What you’re experiencing may be an individual situation and they should be able to assist you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: zetter.4809

zetter.4809

just played, all is fine, ty

location UA

Posted by: Karl.8041

Karl.8041

Hi Guys.
Reinstalling GW2 as I type, all good. I’m in the UK. Just started playing, I’m at Rata Sunn.
Hope that helps.

“May our wings forever find your sky.”

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

When launching normally:
I didn’t get the connection error on the launcher, but when I logged in it didn’t recognize my credentials.

So I launched the launcher with -authsrv 206.127.146.73 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2 and:
This time I could login like usual. However, now in the game my GWAMM title from GW1 has been revoked. (Which is totally legitimate btw)

Might be connected somehow. I guess I should contact support with a ticket*, regardless. But just to let you know.

*After trying to resync by logging in to the GW1 Hall of Monuments and waiting 6 hours.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: finkle.9513

finkle.9513

Im in the UK playing on NA

- I could at first use the work around method, but now im getting regular DC with a connection error.

The “normal” client gives info : Build 79243, Error 58:11:1:800
Also the same after flush dns

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey guys,

We believe that the incident that ran from about 11 PM Pacific time to 8:00 AM Pacific time has been addressed and most if not all players would be able to log in to the game at this time.

However, there currently is a DDOS incident going on. That could impact your ability to log in, so we ask for your patience, and hope you’ll try again in a little while.

UPDATE: The incident appears to have ended.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

i still can’t log in to the game sadly

Posted by: Xioely.1723

Xioely.1723

got need to repair, not connected? so put this ip address in and it loaded the daily patch up to the LOG IN then OOps can’t connect.
Removed the ip address had implaced to get the download to work

And logged in, both servers not on same page?

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Still unable to log in for Chicago area. Error 58:11:1:800

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Trouble: What’s your general location?

Xioely: Are you ok now?

CF: Thank you, I will pass that along.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Richardw.8190

Richardw.8190

Hi Gaile I keep getting make sure you have directx 9 installed.

Richardw.8190

I tried the fix method and repair options.

Richardw.8190

I am in the Buffalo Ny area.

Posted by: DeadlyScarce.7546

DeadlyScarce.7546

My account was rolled back… now im missing a ton of exp and items from the Dragon Stand event we tried to finish…

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Whoa. Just did the -repair, which came back with the same error. BUT then did the normal link and got in!

Posted by: soysuz.3841

soysuz.3841

I still can’t log in to the game .s

Posted by: trouble.3562

trouble.3562

Im from Argentina, Buenos Aires. I had reeplaced the Gw2.exe destiny with:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -authsrv 54.89.152.137 -assetsrv 64.25.41.2
After that , i was able to play.
Now, suddenly, i just have connection issues.
I replaced it back to the original name, which is ironic, and then i was able to log in.
Now, suddenly again, i can’t connect “again”. (with the original destiny name)

Posted by: Xioely.1723

Xioely.1723

Am OK, might have tryed to repair when didn’t connect up, but once it did it with the ip, and sub.. removal it seems to work.
And can logout and back in now with no problems, ty.
Boston, MA

(edited by Xioely.1723)

Posted by: afrodude.8531

afrodude.8531

Shreveport Louisiana Barksdale AFB, update: its working again! Thank you!

Posted by: Kadsik.9281

Kadsik.9281

When I open the launcher I can login but after I click play nothing happens, the program just terminates itself.

Posted by: rajjy.4832

rajjy.4832

I can get past the launcher (it even updated) and was able to get to my character select, but clicking on any of them will eventually result in an error telling me to check my internet connection.

Elk Grove, CA

Edit: Tried the manual repair, now I don’t get past the login.

(edited by rajjy.4832)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

For the few of you who are continuing to have connection issues, we need you to please contact Customer Support in a CS ticket. (Click “Support” at the top of this page, then “Submit a request” to start a ticket.) One of our agents will review your situation with you and give you the assistance you need.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

rajjy.4832

Tried support, but I got this:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from en.support.guildwars2.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy

en.support.guildwars2.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to en.support.guildwars2.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be en.support.guildwars2.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit en.support.guildwars2.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Rajjy — What!?! That’s certainly alarming. Can you tell me when? Would you be willing to see if you still get that message?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

rajjy.4832

Well, it stopped now and I was able to send in a ticket… though I’m not sure if I should have. Very odd and scary…

Edit: And I can log in now and am in game. This is really weird.

Edit: Now it’s doing it again… Very odd. Still in game though.

(edited by rajjy.4832)

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

That’s pretty common to get when the site you are on isn’t using https

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

rajjy.4832

The thing is that it’s on this site. I clicked the support link up top and it’s doing it. It only let me in after I closed the client, closed the web browser, then retried and it let me in. It was using https so I guess it was safe. I’m no web wizard. Most importantly though, is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: It seems that it rolled back a bit too… I’m missing some rewards after a successful Dragon’s Stand run.

(edited by rajjy.4832)

Posted by: Naegling.9256

Naegling.9256

Also getting the warning that Rajjy mentioned. However, it looks to only be from the forums. Going to Support from the main page doesn’t cause it. That being said, submitting a ticket since Birmingham AL is still not connecting.
Build: 79306
Error Code: 58:11:5:535

rajjy.4832

Yup, you are right Naegling. Just tested it out myself… Thanks for the info.

Posted by: Minkey.2071

Minkey.2071

FYI Gail, I was trying to log in and kept getting the error page. I finally closed the login and tried again and it worked. My friend said that I kept appearing online and offline throughout the time the I was attempting though. If that helps any.

Posted by: Oriens.5630

Oriens.5630

Have had connection issues for about 2 weeks, game crashes for about a week. Now I cannot login at all: Build: 79306 Error Code: 58:11:5:535

Cannot submit Support ticket due to the above issue beginning with Rajjy connecting to the following named address (https://en.support.guildwars2.com/).

I am using Firefox: 54.0.1 (32-bit), the following is the message it gives me:

“Your connection is not secure

The owner of en.support.guildwars2.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

EDIT: I closed the tab denying me support, closed the tab to the forums, reconnected to the main page and was able to connect to Support.

EDIT: as of 9:10 EST I have logged in and been playing for about 15mins.

EDIT: 10:09 EST latency issues followed by disconnect.

(edited by Oriens.5630)

Posted by: Translucent.1347

Translucent.1347

Still getting it. 5:41 Pacific Standard Time

soysuz.3841

I got a weird issues. I can log in but can’t see play button as green.

Attachments:

Posted by: Minkey.2071

Minkey.2071

soysuz, that looks like you aren’t updating.

soysuz.3841

soysuz, that looks like you aren’t updating.

its stucked I cant do anything. I tryed to -repair but useless :S

Posted by: jinxykat.6519

jinxykat.6519

Couldn’t get past the launcher, then couldn’t get past character select, then DC’d on the splash screen..played okay earlier but back to random disconnects.

Posted by: Karnyvor.5482

Karnyvor.5482

The issue was resolved for me, however, as of 10 minutes ago, its back. Why is anet being targeted for DDOS?

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

Happening in WVW bad.. tons of people getting kicked by massive lag. 30+ seconds to use a skill, enter portal etc

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The thing is that it’s on this site. I clicked the support link up top and it’s doing it. It only let me in after I closed the client, closed the web browser, then retried and it let me in. It was using https so I guess it was safe. I’m no web wizard. Most importantly though, is this happening to anyone else?

Everyone with an up to date or paranoid browser. It’s because the certificate is invalid, since it’s for *.guildwars2.com whereas en.support.guildwars2.com is *.*.guildwars2.com.

It would be simple to fix normally, but they apparently can’t modify the forums at all. The actual link to support was changed a while ago and is https://help.guildwars2.com

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

Great, I got disconnected and lost an hour of progress in DS because I couldn’t get back into the map

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

I really hope this gets fix it is getting annoying. I really need to farm stuff.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Caligrafers Blade.3871

Caligrafers Blade.3871

I think the issue is fixed. I checked it out this morning 9:00 IST and so far, so good.

Gaile, I don’t know how often you folks from Anet get to hear this, but thank you for handling things the way you do. Keep it up!

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

I was able to log in like normal

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Posted by: katzchen.9435

katzchen.9435

I’m a mac user and I really don’t understand what’s going on and how to fix it. Someone in reddit helped me and I did what he said, I created a json file and I named it as “Settings” and I put that file in application support/ gw2/etc. folder. Yet, this solved my problem for the new 64 bit client but on 32-bit client, I still can’t login. The error is: “The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists bla bla bla.” Is there anyone who wants to help me? I want to play the game on 32-bit client because the new one still sucks.

Posted by: SoulMaster.3748

SoulMaster.3748

last day it fix and that night i finally login in just normal way and now no connection again

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Rajjy — What!?! That’s certainly alarming. Can you tell me when? Would you be willing to see if you still get that message?

This ‘bug’ has been reported in this sub-forum (and others) countless times. It only affects the Forum ‘Support’ link (all other site pages’ redirect don’t have the issue), and only affects some users.

I get the ‘error’ on both Firefox and Chrome. Sigh.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey all,

Thanks for reporting this issue, particularly rajjy, Oriens, and Healix, who gave helpful details.

In short, we’re aware of the problem, even if it sometimes presents itself differently. I’ve talked with our web project manager, and he confirmed again that this is a known issue and that the site is secure, but we do know that the “scary warning message” may appear for some users and we’re sorry that this is so.

Since I don’t want to tell you to ignore a message of this nature, which oftentime is serious, I have a work around! To reach the support page from the forums:

• Click GuildWars2.com at the top of any forum page
  • Once on the main website, click “Support”
  • Use “Submit a ticket” (red button in the upper right of the page" to start a ticket with Support.

I’m sorry for having to offer a work-around on this again, but the process above will get you into the system with that one extra click.

Thanks!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: obscurapdx.7860

obscurapdx.7860

A connection issue arose late last night (about 11 PM Pacific time Tuesday, July 11) that impacted players in both North America and Europe. After some hours of investigation and work, the issue was resolved for nearly everyone as of approximately 8:00 AM Pacific today (Wednesday, July 12).

I have merged into this thread several separate posts on the subject, and you’ll find the latest news at the end of this thread.

Seeing suddenly extreme loading times. Didn’t have this issue until recently. Would this be related to the ddos attacks? Someone should find them and feed them to Primordius.

Check out radio obscura at www.obscurapdx.com

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

A connection issue arose late last night (about 11 PM Pacific time Tuesday, July 11) that impacted players in both North America and Europe. After some hours of investigation and work, the issue was resolved for nearly everyone as of approximately 8:00 AM Pacific today (Wednesday, July 12).

I have merged into this thread several separate posts on the subject, and you’ll find the latest news at the end of this thread.

Seeing suddenly extreme loading times. Didn’t have this issue until recently. Would this be related to the ddos attacks? Someone should find them and feed them to Primordius.

The DDOS incidents are usually short-lived and they don’t happen every day, so I don’t think that would account for a substantial period of long loading times. If this is posing a problem — I mean, long load times are never pleasant, but if it’s impacting your gaming — you may wish to submit a ticket so that the team can work with you on this. I sense that this is an individual situation, but the team can provide a diagnostic tool that would be able to analyze what’s going on.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

There was a run of about 50 people last night doing an HP train in Auric Basin and Tangled Depths. Several of us got disconnected 2-3 times.