Connection Issues: July 11 and 12

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

There was a run of about 50 people last night doing an HP train in Auric Basin and Tangled Depths. Several of us got disconnected 2-3 times.

Very sorry to hear that. There was a DDOS incident that ran between approximately 6:45 PM and 7:20 PM PST. If you were making your run during that time, I would imagine that explains your team’s scattered disconnections.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Oriens.5630

Oriens.5630

I am still playing and logging in, but still having latency and disconnect issues.

Support told me you were under a DDOS attack and that things should be resolved soon.

However, this has been happening since I came back to the game about 2 weeks ago.

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Yes, that was about the time we ran. Thank you for the updates.

There was a run of about 50 people last night doing an HP train in Auric Basin and Tangled Depths. Several of us got disconnected 2-3 times.

Very sorry to hear that. There was a DDOS incident that ran between approximately 6:45 PM and 7:20 PM PST. If you were making your run during that time, I would imagine that explains your team’s scattered disconnections.

Posted by: monteiro.8273

monteiro.8273

Its impossible to play right now, huge lag in all borderlands.

Posted by: Drakomagi.1654

Drakomagi.1654

I’ve got several D/Cs just now.

Posted by: gavrillo.3405

gavrillo.3405

It’s really nice to be wining a ranked pvp and end losing thanks to this lag issues, even losing points, really nice.

Posted by: ZerotheFang.5890

ZerotheFang.5890

can confirm log in to do berry farming in bitterfrost get kicked out like 4 times everything go uber lag monsters are staying in place but i am being attacked, can’t use skills or anything.

where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

If these are DDOS attacks, they seem to have occurred almost every night for the past week and a half. Even if they only last 5 to 20 minutes, they are disruptive to any kind of organized activity and make people want to simply log off and do something else.

I know this is something that is hard for a company to combat, but we have seen MMOs successfully fend them off in the past. I really hope Anet is looking into some kind of better defense against them – and not simply hoping they only last for a few minutes each time they occur – especially as the marketing for the next expansion begins.

Posted by: Karnyvor.5482

Karnyvor.5482

A connection issue arose late last night (about 11 PM Pacific time Tuesday, July 11) that impacted players in both North America and Europe. After some hours of investigation and work, the issue was resolved for nearly everyone as of approximately 8:00 AM Pacific today (Wednesday, July 12).

I have merged into this thread several separate posts on the subject, and you’ll find the latest news at the end of this thread.

Seeing suddenly extreme loading times. Didn’t have this issue until recently. Would this be related to the ddos attacks? Someone should find them and feed them to Primordius.

The DDOS incidents are usually short-lived and they don’t happen every day, so I don’t think that would account for a substantial period of long loading times. If this is posing a problem — I mean, long load times are never pleasant, but if it’s impacting your gaming — you may wish to submit a ticket so that the team can work with you on this. I sense that this is an individual situation, but the team can provide a diagnostic tool that would be able to analyze what’s going on.

The DDOS issues seemed to have happened EVERY DAY for the last two weeks during prime time. The game becomes unplayable. Unless Anet can come up with a viable solution…this will kill the playerbase.

Posted by: Raw Bow Kill.4693

Raw Bow Kill.4693

I’m getting 500 Avg ping followed by multiple disconnections it’s unbearable to play the game with so much lag. It’s been about 2 weeks and we are still suffering from connection issues…

Posted by: Dixie Cougar.2415

Dixie Cougar.2415

I organize the TD meta with my guild every day. We’ve only had to cancel once this week due to ddos but we had some close calls.

The biggest problem is the capacity of the map is so low that even on a normal day we can’t accommodate all who want to join from guild/lfg, and have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to find an empty map to include as many participants as possible. DDOS hits us really hard because people are showing up 45 minutes early to get a spot and then losing it to dcs. If a commander dcs then things get ugly really fast. We usually have 4 guild commanders with backup lieutenants but if the tag can’t be transferred there can still be issues. (Being able to xfer tag while not in the same map as the recipient would help.)

So some capacity increase or failing that a better way of handling dcs from full maps would go a long way to mitigating the impact of these incidents that lag up the game but don’t completely knock it out. Thank you.

(edited by Dixie Cougar.2415)

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Has anyone gotten issues with dragging inventory off the screen to destroy, but it switched with another item due to the lag?

Died with Basic [BS]

Posted by: Dixie Cougar.2415

Dixie Cougar.2415

Has anyone gotten issues with dragging inventory off the screen to destroy, but it switched with another item due to the lag?

Guildmate of mine said he lost some champ bags to that yesterday.

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

Guildmate of mine said he lost some champ bags to that yesterday.

Oh, yea I lost a couple exotics and rares. Thought it might have been my mouse, thanks for the info.

Died with Basic [BS]