Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

ISP: Bell Aliant
Region: NA
Server: Maguuma
Error: The server lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (code=7:11:3:191:101)
Name of character affected: Xandra
Map location of character affected: Heart of the Mists (latest map IP with loading failure: 64.25.38.195)

Things tried: google public DNS, router reset

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Posted by: Lilianne.5839

Lilianne.5839

i really hope anet is going to give us a update on the progress…

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

If you get around this problem using a VPN service, then this is clearly an issue with your ISP lacking network neutrality. I’d then recommend unsubscribing from your current ISP for disrupting network neutrality and change to an ISP who upholds and wards network neutrality.

Posted by: Doc Quixotic.6840

Doc Quixotic.6840

I think you’re jumping to conlusions there. A significant number of the errors are from players in Europe, where ISP’s have significantly less power (and where net neutrality is significantly less controversial) than in the States. Secondly, bandwidth throttling doesn’t explain why the issue seems to be map/character dependent, or why guesting to a different server is reported to resolve issues by some players.

Posted by: LadyMorrigan.3071

LadyMorrigan.3071

If you get around this problem using a VPN service, then this is clearly an issue with your ISP lacking network neutrality. I’d then recommend unsubscribing from your current ISP for disrupting network neutrality and change to an ISP who upholds and wards network neutrality.

If this is the case, why I can play without a single problem on all my characters, in the exact same time in which a single char is “imprisoned” on a random map? It has no logic. I tend to think it’s an ANet internal problem.

Fort Aspenwood
11 characters, playing 8 classes

Ettanin.8271

If this is the case, why I can play without a single problem on all my characters, in the exact same time in which a single char is “imprisoned” on a random map?

Because this specific IP (the server the map is hosted on) is throttled by your ISP.

LadyMorrigan.3071

If this is the case, why I can play without a single problem on all my characters, in the exact same time in which a single char is “imprisoned” on a random map?

Because this specific IP (the server the map is hosted on) is throttled by your ISP.

Then why I can unlock a char by guesting, using the same ISP? I change absolutely nothing, I am just guesting.

Fort Aspenwood

Ettanin.8271

Then why I can unlock a char by guesting, using the same ISP?

Because you are then changing the map, hosted by a different IP. Guesting has a high chance to get you to a different copy of the map.

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Totally explains why other users from the same ISP, connecting from the same region have no problems at all. (or people living in the same house, if you’d have read a bit in this thread)

Blame the ISP! Clearly an issue with ISP network neutrality.
My hero.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Yeah, ISPs are notorious for throttling random specific IP addresses in ranges that all provide the same service. The infamous ‘dartboard’ protocol, recently implemented by all ISPs all over the world.

It’s the only explanation, obviously.

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

The player ISP is not always the responsible of a connection failure, the connection has multiple redirections in the “way”. Could be also the ISP of the servers GW2 use, or something in the way.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

Posted by: Daniele.2064

Daniele.2064

You do know your ‘suggestion’ is absurd, right?

Let’s start with the simple fact that until a couple of weeks ago, everyone who posted on this thread hadn’t had any connection problems. What, did of our ISPs just change their policies?

Or you know, the simple fact, that if this really was ISP related, it would be affecting games that aren’t from NCSoft as well.

And, on the subject of net neutrality. My country has passed a law in the start of this year that says all ISPs need to maintain net neutrality. Changing my ISP would change squat in this subject. It might resolve my error, and if I was the only player being affected by this connection error I could consider such a drastic thing. But I’m not, and this makes the ‘suggestion’ sound even more absurd.

Posted by: Valar Moghulis.6148

Valar Moghulis.6148

same here 2 charactor stuck in plain of ashford but others in HOTM works fine

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Dragon’s Reach Part 2 starts tomorrow. I seriously hope I’ll be able to play GW2 before the free period expires, or I will not be a happy customer.

Posted by: zonic.5261

zonic.5261

Dragon’s Reach Part 2 starts tomorrow. I seriously hope I’ll be able to play GW2 before the free period expires, or I will not be a happy customer.

Be ready to be a very unhappy customer.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Anet should give this guy the Ultimate Defender title, seriously.

just because he kept saying Anet is not at fault, although he later changed to not 100% at fault. well, since I am not as good as him, I cannot prove this is not Anet’s fault. In fact, I never tried to prove who’s fault it was. I was just trying to find the source of the problem.

now since we are on topic on who’s fault it was. my take is that the game was running fine for many of us before the latest patch, then all the sudden everything’s gone wrong after the patch. who’s fault is that?

I won’t turn down a title, but ALL my efforts were intended to get some players working. Sorry if I wasted your time.

I have yet to see you give ANY suggestions other than “Let’s blame Anet and wait for them to fix it.” (Not saying that is not a viable choice).

Just to update, I don’t think the DNS is a solution temp fix for everyone as a few Guildies over the weekend were unable to resolve the issue using this method. Seriously, sorry for wasting anyone’s time if they tried this and it did not work.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

I would recommend logging in on a character that’s not stuck in order to unlock the Living Story.

If all your characters are stuck, try guesting or VPN. As long as you can successfully log in with at least one character, it’s unlocked.

On another note, I’m sure ArenaNet and NCSoft are giving this full attention. Remember, if people can’t get online, they can’t buy gems, which means no revenue. Devs gotta eat.
The only payment model that benefits from players not playing is a subscription-based model.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Posted by: Alkyoneus.3917

Alkyoneus.3917

Today I had the first encounter with “connection-error-7-11-3-191-10” when I tried to load heart of the mist, actually the first time I did not even get the error I had to alt-f4 out of the stuck loading screen.

Now any character that I had parked in edge of the mist is unloadable (i tried to move one from lions arch to edge of the mist, also stuck now) my 2 remaining characters in lions arch load just fine.

ISP: XS4ALL
Your territory or region: US
Your Game World: Jade Quarry
The full Error Code you are receiving. : 7:11:3:191:101
The number of characters with the problem: All 5 characters that I parked in heart of the mist or tried traveling there.

It ain’t hot if it isn’t GoT!

Posted by: Chinchi.3219

Chinchi.3219

Just found this topic after experiencing this very same crash error ever since the release of ‘Entanglement’. Game’s been working perfectly fine for me ever since release and now, all of a sudden it’s just unplayable… I get the very same error message accompanied with an ever loading game screen and I eventually get kicked. Today I went through 3 lvl 37 fractals just to get kicked out of the game at final boss- Mai Trin(in my case). Tried restarting the game, disabling my firewall and anti-virus even though game used to run perfectly fine with both of them on for years now and still- nothing. My poor party waited for more than 15 mins for me to run out of options and it was just me getting this error(this time). I could log on with any of my other characters and play the game normally and even with my ranger with which I played in that Fractal, game seemed to run perfectly fine up until I tried to rejoin my party in FoTM… then it was like hitting a brick wall- constant d/c and same error message. This has been happening for months now, ever since the release of the new ‘Entanglement’ patch and it happens way too frequently, as if game picks up a random zone/dungeon level where it just refuses to let you in for some odd reason.
Unfortunately it seems like Anet cares very little about this problem and as it turns out, there’s way too many people out there who’ve fallen victim to the same game error. Anet should remember that GW2 is not a new game and after months of their product being unpleyable even their hardcore player base(like myself) will begin looking around for other MMO options.

PS: I play from Germany.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’m from BG and I can only join BG BL and EB, if I try to join JQBL or TCBL I get this error and I get thrown back into the character selection screen, every single time. I also can’t login to my Necromancer in Fireheart Rise anymore because I get this error, I tried to do COFp1 yesterday, but this error kept me out and I then got kicked cause I couldn’t get in since I got disconnected every time.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Same here. I’m playing on JQ and can’t join BG or TC borderlands and some of my characters are stuck in Divinity’s Reach or other maps that give me the same error.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Is that why match-up is even this week? Nobody can get into neighboring borderlands?

Posted by: Lokozino.5904

Lokozino.5904

Hey guys !

I’m here to try to help you guys. Warning: This solution worked for ME and you must pay $ 5 per month in a program called “BattlePing”. The free version disconnects every 20min so it’s enough to test the program. If you are on NA i use Florida connection 1 and worked.This program solved all my problem. I’m saying that this was my experience with the program and it really worked.

I’m not trying to propagate this software, I’m just saying it works for me.*******

Reduce your ping seems to work

ISP: NET VIRTUA

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m getting this same error on my matchup SF/EBay/ET, but only for EBG.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: dentista.4320

dentista.4320

So, I can see a lot of people having same issues with this 7:11:3 connection error….
No response for these complainings…
I bought this game 7 days ago, and played just 4… still on ranger level 15….
Try restarting router, etc etc etc……
I didnt pay $50 (here in Brazil is a lot of money) to get a game that I cant play….
I also have got a few games from Steam, that works fine….
Never had Lag issues….
My internet is OK!!!
Someone know how do I get refund in this??
If the company does not even try to help us to solve our problem, why should I keep this
?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Where do you get there are no responses? There are at least 3 responses in this thread from Anet employees.

Open a support ticket to request a refund.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Update 11 August 2014

The Connection Error 7:11:3:191:101 issue is still under review and will be corrected for everyone as soon as a fix is developed, tested, and implemented into the game. At this time, you should not submit a ticket because the matter will be corrected for all when the game is updated. We will be closing all existing tickets on this matter with a general update.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. (Please note our update of 7 August which suggested that for a few players, resetting their modem corrected the matter.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

Update 11 August 2014

The Connection Error 7:11:3:191:101 issue is still under review and will be corrected for everyone as soon as a fix is developed, tested, and implemented into the game. At this time, you should not submit a ticket because the matter will be corrected for all when the game is updated. We will be closing all existing tickets on this matter with a general update.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. (Please note our update of 7 August which suggested that for a few players, resetting their modem corrected the matter.)

I still say resetting the modems gave some people the illusion of things being fixed (getting new map address/ip, until they hit a problematic one again). some people jump the gun & say everything is fine just because they can login for an hour+.

somedays i go all evening without a single disconnection, then… BAM!

how can something (that you say) needs/will be patched be fixed by us players resetting our modem? don’t make sense.

Posted by: laquesis.6270

laquesis.6270

So, all this time what has happened? Cause we gave through the tickets many info.. and got nothing in response..
Is there an estimated date for this fix?
Will we be able to play the LS or will we be forced to spend gems to unlock it after? I assume you won’t charge us gems to unlock the LS because of this issue…

I don’t know which toons I have locked ’cause I quited, at least til this gets fixed.

Posted by: Furion.9850

Furion.9850

All we can do now is suck it up and hope for the best. Basically it will be fixed when its fixed. Tomorrow is Dragon’s Reach Part 2 update, maybe their might be a fix or not, but be prepared for PRIMAL RAGE !! ( loved that game ). If the problem is not fixed after tomorrow’s update, it might set people off because their is new content and problem still persists. So lets hope for the best.

It just boggles my mind why a VPN would work and not my regular ip.

Gamescom2014 *hint*hint*… that’s all I’m saying

(edited by Furion.9850)

Posted by: DippyDragon.3180

DippyDragon.3180

So here’s an interesting addition to the thread…

I can login to all my characters without issue; except for those in DryTop and (currently) Kessex. Both these areas are busy because of the current world events. This is at peak time, as earlier today, I could log in to DryTop without issue.

This leads me to believe that this error can also be caused by load/busy zones.

~~ The Tarnished Coast ~~
[i7 6700 Skylake – 32Gb RAM – 240GB SSD – GTX970 – Corsair Water Cooling]

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

Ha! Some suggestions are really funny! “Change your ISP”, they say – as if changing the ISP is as simple as changing clothes. Also, many may have an issue with GW2 only, which means it’s not possible almost all the ISPs around the globe suck (actually all of them do, but it’s not the case here) and there are just a few that are blessed.

Also, companies can justify their online services issues with DOS, hacking, cracking, wordthatsoundscoolandhightechie-ing, and I hardly buy them. I can even believe Anet may have suffered any type of digital attack, but please stop spreading lies like those about Wildstar. No attack can justify that lack of polishment, poor optimization and unplayability that game has. Some say that game runs smooth, smooth is my kitten .

Posted by: Gareth.1528

Gareth.1528

Getting the same error when trying enter either of two chars in Divinity Reach.

Playing from : UK
ISP : BT
GW2 Server : US (I think.)
Problems Started : 11/08/14 22:00 GMT+1

Posted by: Cuatroku.2765

Cuatroku.2765

Thank you for the update Gaile it is appreciated.
Just for clarification, this issue has only affected a minority of players albeit a substantial number. When you play the game, your computers’ IP address is authorised and allocated to your account. As you move from map to map, the servers which host the worlds are communicating with your computer with reference to these IP addresses. If a server does not recognize your IP address for any reason, then you do not have access to that part of the game and you get a time out error code. By resetting your modem (for some people) this gives your computer a new IP address which can then be allocated to your account, gets you back into the game again. Likewise, using a VPN gives your account a new IP address which the game then uses to get you into the maps that you were previously blocked from.
Hopefully all will be back to normal with the next game update tomorrow.

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

just for the record, my ip has not changed in months

Posted by: KLC.6304

KLC.6304

I wanted to repost here as well, to make sure it gets seen. I hope things get fixed soon guys, thanks for all the responses to this thread.

This was posted in another thread for the BLTC;
“This Is really bothersome Anet, really I cant express my frustration enough here. Im trying to craft, I need the tp.

I haven’t been on for more than 4 days now, Im dealing with the error code; 7:11:3:191:101 and have been dealing with this BLTC as well.

It has to be related and Ashley I’ve been and have done the suggestions given.
I need it fixed or I cant play your game.

Seriously, the graphic opens the BLTC, but some tabs either open or don’t open in random ways. If I can get my window to sell my goods open, Then Im left with not being able to open the sell panel for an item. Most times when I do get a sell panel open and pick a price, click sell… it gets stuck in the selling graphic and doesn’t continue to the OK option.
It will show me the OK option, for the item im trying to sell, IF I choose to click on another item in my bags. that other item will come up but the previous sell item is in the panel to the right.
Its been this way since Ive been having the other error code problem and Ive been posting here and there since the last patch.

Tomorrow, with the new patch for Living Story coming out, if this stays like this, Its just going to be the worst play experience Ive ever had in this game.

It Just has to get fixed. I hope its understood that buying an mmo online game then having to try to fix internal and external routing , dns, ip’s etc. It cant be put on the customer!!! I can take responsibility to have the internet capabilities to run your game but honestly that’s as far as I should have to go."

Posted by: Willian.6704

Willian.6704

I’ve been facing the same issue for the past two weeks :/
None of the workarounds seems to work, eventually after 2-3 hours I’m able to successfully load the map but it doesn’t take too long until I get stuck on loading screen again.

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

So, I logged a ticket for this issue over the weekend and did some troublehooting with support.

I think the error code is a general error code for losing connection to the server, so even though we’re all getting this error, different users have different causes, which is why there hasn’t been a single fix.

My issue was fixed simply by connecting using a LAN cable rather than my wifi. No idea why I started losing packets over wireless all of a sudden, but in my case, it clearly is something on my end.

Posted by: Nox Vigilo.5936

Nox Vigilo.5936

Having ther same issue and since Anet is not taking tickets for this problem anymore wanted to post that I am having trouble with my primary in Gendarian Fields. I can log on with 2 alts – 1 in Black Citadel & 1 in Queensdale. FGOing to try guesting with primary as he is only character that is lvl80 and map completion.

Goodluck everyone, I hope this gets resolved for you all as soon as possible. Thiis is a bad time for this to happen to me, I am having GW2 fatigue & just general disappointment and malaise with the game. I was hoping that LS2 would help and it has some but not a great deal. That is another topic entirely however.

Again, goodluck with the problem everyone.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I get this error in a lot of places, most recently in EotM…

LadyMorrigan.3071

Thank you for the update, ANet. Hopefully, the fix will come soon, because the situation is getting worse. Even using VPN, I got stuck in Diessa Plateau with a character…The new episode of LS will probably require us to move from map to map, and I really hope this will be possible.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I’ve got a guildie with multiple character that can only use one of them (an uplevel) because she has this error message on every other one of her toons. Sadly, since the error is occurring on the map she logged off from, her characters are completely unplayable.

There is a pretty huge thread about it here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Connection-error-7-11-3-191-101-merged/page/14#post4282014

PLEASE file a customer support ticket. The issue is getting exponentially worse.

edit: as of 17 hours ago, they are no longer accepting support tickets for this issue and asking people not to send them. o.O

(edited by Shademehr.1397)

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Works when i use battleping

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Posted by: Istvan.4653

Istvan.4653

Hello.

I’ve got problem too. Yesterday I couldn’t download the update because of connection erros, but finally I did it (some kind of miracle?). But now i can’t play any character on any map, because after few minutes i’m kicked due to connection error.

I checked my firewall.
I reseted my router.
I tried by static IP and changeable IP.
I forwarded GW2 ports.
I flushed DNS.
I tried to play on Google Public DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).
I tried to play over port 80.

Only last two works, but it causes lags that make playing disagreeable.

ISP: TP S.A.
Server: Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Apex Predator.3475

Apex Predator.3475

Well, everything seems to be working for me right now. Until today was unable to access the GW2 wiki (and this site) for the past 2 weeks, but now the forum and wiki load up perfectly fine and I haven’t noticed any issues in game yet. Does this mean the fix been implemented or did I just end up lucky today?

Posted by: Istvan.4653

Istvan.4653

Rather you are lucky guy. I still fight with issue.

I just tried mapping hostname to IP address.

No changes.
I’m still being kicked because of connection error.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Ever since Dragon’s Reach part 1, I’ve been unable to play, on ALL my 48 characters....
And STILL you haven’t solved this issue.
Stop rolling your thumbs and do something about this!!!!! >:( :@

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Daniele.2064

Daniele.2064

I’m the same as Apex for now. Haven’t had any trouble logging in to my toons this morning and now the GW 2 site and wiki which I wasn’t able to access for over a week are both back to normal.

This can be completely unrelated to this issue though.

Posted by: Dice.7862

Dice.7862

Been pretty much just doing dailies for the past two weeks because of this issue. Not gonna lie I’m getting pretty fed-up. Leaving a game in an unplayable state for weeks at a time just seems like you don’t give a crap. I loved this game. It had regular fun updates with few problems. I’ve enjoyed maybe two updates since Christmas and with mega-server I’ve lost all interest in world bosses and WvW. Now I’m not able to PvP or do Fractals. I hate to say it but I’m just losing interest in playing.

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

As of yesterday when I unplugged my modem, and turned off all pc’s in the house for 7 straight hours while I was out, then came back and turned it on, and authenticated a new IP, everything seems to have corrected itself.

I’m still using the google DNS, and -clientport 80 settings.

Fingers crossed that it still works today after this patch.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2