Connection error 7:11:3:191:101 [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: malte.9548

malte.9548

I have the same problem and it started on the 7th October as well…. I hope this problem gets solved soon…. it is quite annoying

Posted by: Ben Delat.8415

Ben Delat.8415

So um yeah, what’s going on – I’m coming back from a small hiatus during the summer, and now I can’t log in – if by chance that I do manage to get in, I’m greeted by the 7:11:3:191:101 error message within a few minutes and booted out

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Played for 1,5 hours and everything worked fine. As soon as i entered fractal i got DC.
Noticed that in fractals it happens more frequently.
Just in case it can help your investigation.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Posted by: Mewcifer.5198

Mewcifer.5198

Played for 1,5 hours and everything worked fine. As soon as i entered fractal i got DC.
Noticed that in fractals it happens more frequently.
Just in case it can help your investigation.

Yeah, any type of instance seems to have more problems than the open world.
Story instances, dungeons, fractals, all having even more severe issues.

It sucks because I have been wanting to grind dungeons and even when gw2 is being nice enough to let me wander the maps for more than a few minutes, I still get kicked out of dungeons too often to be able to do anything in them.

Posted by: ClaviculaNox.8762

ClaviculaNox.8762

Still the same kittening issue
Any Instanced place disconnect me right away
sPvP, Dungeon, Fractal.. Whenever I join an instanced area, I get this stupid disconnect error
Open world works fine
I contacted Support and they can’t help, eventually when they had nothing to say they replied
“It’s your ISP problem”
This has been happening to me since SEPTEMBER
This is totally ridicules, and when I mentioned there is a whole thread about it to support
They replied, This thread is 2 years old!
WELL FOR kitten SAKE, someone has to be reading this post other than us players!

I’m not Obsessed , I’m POSSESSED!

Posted by: Kitten Kong.6384

Kitten Kong.6384

Another sufferer here. Been getting worse and worse since the whole F2P move to the point it’s unplayable at peak times. Fire up at 6am GMT and no issues. Anything beyond 5pm GMT and it dies like a dead thing. Symptoms – skills not firing, lag on talking and interacting to NPC’s to foes not spawning and being able to run around a map with no PoI’s, Waypoints etc. registering. Last time this happened this bad was with the Southsun update and then the move to ‘MegaServers’. Running a trace at the problem times just show’s packet’s being dropped, misinterpreted and returned out of sequence from the servers. Last night for giggles, tried logging in on 6 toons at varying locations whilst streaming from BBC iPlayer, YouTube and downloading a 4GB ISO file, all with separate traces running. Everything worked AOK with Zero packet corruption or loss in everything accept GW2. Log-in OK but when entering a map it would fail at initiation showing the Map progression items (PoI, WP, Hearts) and then hang till it timed out. Last time I stuck to Cursed Shore where the low levelers wernt and just played there till it sorted itself over several ‘fixed server crash’ updates….. All toons currently in LA or low areas atm so don’t even have that luxury. Time to ditch and seek refund on HoT? tempting cos this is just crap! Support – happy to provide traces and video’s of behavior if it will help?

ClaviculaNox.8762

I’am going to cancel my HoT Purchase as well IF this didn’t get fixed before launch or any reply from any ANET kittening support

Posted by: Kusaku.9056

Kusaku.9056

There is a known problem with british EE users, there is a forum for it.
This may not be relevant but it may help some people.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Severe-lag-during-peak-times-with-EE/first#post5605692

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

The problem seems solved the past week, but on the last weekend and now its gotten Worse!!!!

I cannot stay less than five minutes on Lion Arch and get disconnected. In open world its occurs less, and in cities its impossible to play ou tele to here.

Theres something wrong with their servers, even here in the forum, the time to post reply is very slow, when other heavy loaded web pages like facebook reloads entirely faster in some seconds, pressing f5 ou refresh.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Posted by: Lorraine.2104

Lorraine.2104

I am having the exact same problem, which started around 7th October 2015. Once I was in a dungeon, another time was in a personal story episode and another in a Fractal. Happened to me again today, but not in an instance, but in Lions Arch. I’m on an EU server and not with EE, but BT.

ugrakarma.9416

Today it happened again, and have a friend playing at my house, he did not get disconnection he was in open world. But I get again when trying Mystery Cave achivments, its becoming almost impossivel complete anything that include any private instance.

ClaviculaNox.8762

Why the kitten isn’t anyone from ANET answering this post??
I can’t play anything at all now
This is totally kittenING STUPID!

Posted by: Ripkord.8567

Ripkord.8567

Cant play at all… after charackter login screen and going into the game i get error 7:11.

Germany
Tele2

Posted by: Sir Blobra.9710

Sir Blobra.9710

I’ve been playing GW2 for a few weeks now and I started having this problem after my first week. Luckily, it was right after I bought HoT :/. Seriously would have never invested my money into this if I had known how constant the disconnects would be. I’ve never had latency issues in other games I’ve played (could raid in FFXIV without lag ever interfering with dodge mechanics etc). This isn’t an issue on my end.

Please let me play the game.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

This is very odd, I have never had connection issues before but today I’m constantly being kicked off. Not sure what the issue is. I’m in NA.

ugrakarma.9416

Today(saturday)(20:15 server time, 17:15 brazilian time) the problem is worst than yesterday i cant stand on lions arch more than 2 minutes.

On last hope, i tried change somethings on my web structure:

-disabled firewalls in all levels even windows firewalls.
-tested 3 differents DNS servers.
-disabled ipv6 support.

nothing changed, the disconnections continued at same rhytim.

The only thing that has changed is my internet has been even faster. The sadistic joke of this is that while trying to solve the problem myself am getting a top internet infrastructure, even all the cables I switched. If this keeps up, I’ll have found my own ISP provider and even donate servers for ArenaNet on my own.

At all, does not seem to be ISP, I am in Brazil, and I’m having news people in Germany and other countries with the same symptom: random disconnections without any apparent problem with the network.

I was performing some tracerout tests, my provider ISP Ip was returning fine.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Posted by: Syronus.7605

Syronus.7605

…Been getting worse and worse since the whole F2P move to the point it’s unplayable at peak times. Fire up at 6am GMT and no issues. Anything beyond 5pm GMT and it dies like a dead thing. Symptoms – skills not firing, lag on talking and interacting to NPC’s to foes not spawning and being able to run around a map with no PoI’s, Waypoints etc. registering…

Log-in OK but when entering a map it would fail at initiation showing the Map progression items (PoI, WP, Hearts) and then hang till it timed out.

I’ve been having the same problems as Kitten Kong. Not sure when they started since I had two weeks break from the game prior to the update on the 29th September but it was fine for me before then.

At 5:00pm GMT (this can be anywhere from 5pm to 6:30pm when it starts,) I frequently get a connection timeout upon logging in with a character, usually when I try and login into a reasonably populated or busy map like Lions arch or the Silverwastes.
In less busy areas I can most of the time log on fine first time, but as soon as I transfer to a new area its really hit and miss whether I encounter a timeout message (after a really long loading screen) or manage to get in only to find my skills don’t activate. Although I can still receive and send chat in party and guild. I hope this can be fixed soon as possible. I’m only doing the dailies during the week at the moment because I can’t do anything else without disconnecting.

(edited by Syronus.7605)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Kicked off, yet again. In the middle of a vine wrath too.

Posted by: vladz.6235

vladz.6235

Everytime I switch character or a map, or even when I log in (in the character selection screen) I receive a message about disconnection or something like this. Some GMs still trying help me, but nothing works until now. Can’t play anymore. I’m scared now because HoT is coming…

Jade Quarry – White Raven [WR]

Posted by: samuelmcdevitte.5647

samuelmcdevitte.5647

I doubt this will get fixed before launch. They’re too busy working on the expansion to care about us here.

Now am sad

ugrakarma.9416

Today the problem continues and gets worse in fractals, was more than 1 hour in kessex hills ok, but if I enter a fractal am kicked in 30 seconds. I’m turning into a kind of pariah in this game, where I can only play open world. Involuntarily, no more difference between my account and free play, since I can only play the partial contente of the game. The fractals is extremely ridiculous, because it seems to have that certain time is 30 seconds and goodbye.

About 20 days ago I said he feared that turned the rule and is becoming the rule. Now playing guild wars includes having patience and wait for the luck of not being disconnected avoid fractals because in fractals Indepedent to be the “lucky time” or not is sure to be disconnected after 20 seconds.

That is going to have to give up the game, even having bought the HoT. I do not like games with this concept to be patient because their servers cause mysterious disconnections.

The other detail is that my free time is this weekend, exactly where this problem worse. I left several games because of the same problem, your servers do not seem to handle the demand on weekends.

Posted by: Sir Blobra.9710

Sir Blobra.9710

Literally 50+ disconnects over the last 24 hours. Doesn’t seem to matter if it’s 6pm or 6am. Getting real freaking irritated having to repeat what I was doing because disconnects bring you back to the start of the zone. Can’t imagine I’m going to be able to do any kind of group content when I’m ready for it.

Has anyone found ANYTHING that has helped? I sub’d to Pingzapper in hopes that it might help, but it hasn’t changed.

Help

Posted by: ThePerfectOne.4526

ThePerfectOne.4526

Started happening to me today been kicked out of the game loads of times

Posted by: sercommander.6817

sercommander.6817

Bump. Same here – getting huuge lags 1-2 times and DC or DC right after login with character

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

run cmd.exe in admin mode then type ipconfig /flushdns press enter

then type in netsh winsock reset in command prompt and press enter button.

reboot pc

it should help some since spyware/adware like to goof up the pc’s winsock from time to time.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Kai.2648

Kai.2648

Hopefully my experience with error code 7:11:3:191:101 and how I managed to overcome this error will help others and since it’s a very long story i’ll cut it short and stick to the important points.

I played gw2 on a windows vista for almost a year with no issues, as you know microsoft doesn’t support new updates therefore I received none while playing, I also had an older Nvidia card which rarely updated.

I got a new computer, windows 8.1 with a new graphics card Nvidia gtx 750 ti. I installed all windows updates and graphic card updates, then installed gw2. After logging into the game it was uplayable and would automatically log me off after a minute or two with this error message:
“the game client lost its connection to the server
please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again
code 7:11:3:191:101”

I tried all fixes: added /clientport 80, and 443, updated my router, everything that was ever suggested i did and nothing fixed it.

This is when i began to suspect that either a windows update or a Nvidia update was the problem. After resetting my entire computer back to factory, I didn’t allow it to do ANY windows or graphic card updates and the problem was solved. I have never gotten that error again.

Posted by: Syronus.7605

Syronus.7605

…Edit…

I temporarily disabled my antivirus software and connectivity seems to be better, will do some more testing and see if its the cause.

…Edit: And after testing it seems it wasn’t, I still can’t connect, must have been a small patch of low activity.

Edit…Actually after more tests and a support ticket from arena net. I’m using AVG by the way. I didn’t realize I didn’t tick the ‘even if file is changed or updated box’ in the exception options and I made sure the other boxes were ticked too and now I’m not disconnecting as much at the moment. Actually it ‘seemed fine’ but heavy lag returned after I entered a third map disconnection followed.

(edited by Syronus.7605)

ugrakarma.9416

I owe a bottle of good Whisky for @JediYoda. I followed the tips and it worked great here, more than two hours in fractals (which was the worst case) without disconnecting, used the post trading and teleported across multiple maps, no apparent problem yet.

I hope that at least the team Anet include this in some kind of list of solutions.

After more than 20 days of suffering and have renewed my whole internet infrastructure. (that began in the last Mordrem event), for me the case is closed.

JediYoda

run cmd.exe in admin mode then type ipconfig /flushdns press enter

then type in netsh winsock reset in command prompt and press enter button.

reboot pc

it should help some since spyware/adware like to goof up the pc’s winsock from time to time.

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Wow… didn’t think this was a major problem for so many unlucky people!

I just started the disconnection problems on the 24th – a day after I bought HoT. Everything was running flawlessly beforehand. HoT was running good.
It appeared randomly in the morning. As far as I’m aware I changed no hardware before that day. My internet was fine.

I sent in a support ticket and a game advisor report. I’ll see what they say later today.

I tried JediYoda’s trick and it didn’t help me unfortunately.

Posted by: Lorraine.2104

Lorraine.2104

I’ve tried JediYoda’s suggestion (thanks for posting), but didn’t work for me also. Another one of these connection error messages this afternoon when I was in Fields of Ruin at a waypoint. Sighs

Posted by: Man of Gibborim.5046

Man of Gibborim.5046

I too am struggling with this error code; however, I am on a college campus Ethernet. It is weird because for the past two days I have been able to log in and play. Then, I couldn’t log in, so I changed my client to 443, which allowed me to log in. However, once I choose a character, it crashes and gives me the 7:11 code. Could this be my college network or something else?

Posted by: sinesilver.1073

sinesilver.1073

This error has been bugging me for at least 2 weeks now and it is very frustrating especially when I have to redo jumping puzzles and missing out on meta events/world boss taxis.

If I were to factor in the frequent disconnects/client crashes due to bugs in HoT, I can get disconnected more than 10 times a day. Missing rewards and having to redo JPs, etc. is not fun at all. All the hours spent for naught is frustrating to no end.

Please assist.

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Ok . Im about to rip my hair out and run around the block naked!! I can’t complete the world summit in Dragon’s Reach II . It disconnects me every time and I get a network error message when fighting the Dragon and have to start the whole instance all over again.

I can play any other part of the game , Fractals, dungeons etc for hours on end and not have an issue.

Yet every time I attempt the world summit I get disconnected and I need the reward to make Mawdrey . Its the last kitten piece I need.

I really really don’t want to have to ask my friend to log in from his house and see if he can do it for me.

and I don’t have HoT

(edited by Lisa.6102)

Posted by: MrTwelve.4539

MrTwelve.4539

Did they finally fixed it? It gets worse everyday.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Just tried to log in after a couple of weeks and I get this error. My wife can log in to her account just fine, and we’re using the same internet. Is there any fix for this?

Attachments:

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

ugrakarma.9416

Ok . Im about to rip my hair out and run around the block naked!! I can’t complete the world summit in Dragon’s Reach II . It disconnects me every time and I get a network error message when fighting the Dragon and have to start the whole instance all over again.

I can play any other part of the game , Fractals, dungeons etc for hours on end and not have an issue.

Yet every time I attempt the world summit I get disconnected and I need the reward to make Mawdrey . Its the last kitten piece I need.

I really really don’t want to have to ask my friend to log in from his house and see if he can do it for me.

and I don’t have HoT

Theres a problem with some DNS routes, i solved this problem changind the Googledns to Opendns.

I solved the problem, entirely by myself.

Anet should pay to more attention to this issue. Very few players probably aware “hard core” knowledge of software. They should provide some basic guidance on how to the maintain “health” of the DNS and how to perform some tests.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Adding my name to this…

…It’s been happening for the past month. Everything else on my computer seems to work fine.

It’s starting to tick me off that I paid 100 bucks for something I can’t use.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Akoni.2679

Akoni.2679

every time. I can’t play the game at all. 0 time

Posted by: TonyTran.8675

TonyTran.8675

I found a solution to the problem Here’s what i did:

Hold down the Windows button on the keyboard and hit the “R” key.
Paste in the following line: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2
Click “OK.”
Delete the local.dat file located here.
Next,

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.
Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Repair.”
Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”
Edit the “Target” line to include -repair at the end. Note: Please make sure -repair is outside of the quotes -- Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -repair -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -repair”
Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes. If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.
Right-click “Guild Wars 2 Repair” and select “Run as Administrator.”
Allow the repair to run and once completed, right-click" “GW2.exe” or your
Guild Wars 2 Shortcut and select “Run as Administrator.”
NOW log in and play for a few minutes, IF everything works fine then you don’t need to follow the next steps.

IF IT DOESN’T WORK quit the game go your GW2 shortcut which should say
“Guild Wars 2 Repair”.
Delete it and make and make a new shortcut which should say “Gw2 – Shortcut”.
Right click got to properties go to Target Which should be like this
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe”
NOW add /clientport 80 next to it and make sure to leave a space like this
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” /clientport 80
Click APPLY then OK, Now restart your computer
Log Back On and play Enjoy : )

Posted by: Phatt Dude.7538

Phatt Dude.7538

Can we assume the dearth of remarks from Anet employees signals the death of interest on this topic? I assure you for me it has continued unabated and even gotten worse. I have replaced my computer, my router, and the wiring in my house to that router, in the time frame since I first joined this little club here. I will say again, the best results come from people who own the problem. So; Anet, please…pick someone that will work with you, and create whatever small program you need to monitor quality of service for the client, and tweak it after getting input from that special someone, until you determine unequivocally what “their” issue is. Then report back to us here, so that hopefully all of us can learn from your experience. I would like to think its likely that a company whose bread and butter rides on the quality of connection on the greater internet would have more technical knowledge, connections, and resources to track these problems down that your average user out here. Own the problem and be active in the solution, don’t pass the buck to ISP’s or Level 3 carriers.

Posted by: EmberMusa.8190

EmberMusa.8190

I’ve been getting this error every time I log in the the past 5 or so days. I can’t play for more than a couple seconds, and then everything stops responding. I can moved around and open menus (Hero panel, inventory, etc.), but skills and interactions won’t complete. This isn’t even just in certain places, this is everywhere, all my characters, all the time. They are all in open world areas, and I can’t even play long enough to move them. I have tried at different times of the day. Nothing has changed on my end of things internet-wise that I can think of, and I’m scratching my head trying to figure this out. I did a client repair and that didn’t help. I cannot play this game that I love very much and any help would be appreciated.

Posted by: FlowerBud.7154

FlowerBud.7154

I’ve been getting this error every time I log in the the past 5 or so days. I can’t play for more than a couple seconds, and then everything stops responding. I can moved around and open menus (Hero panel, inventory, etc.), but skills and interactions won’t complete. This isn’t even just in certain places, this is everywhere, all my characters, all the time. They are all in open world areas, and I can’t even play long enough to move them. I have tried at different times of the day. Nothing has changed on my end of things internet-wise that I can think of, and I’m scratching my head trying to figure this out. I did a client repair and that didn’t help. I cannot play this game that I love very much and any help would be appreciated.

I have been experiencing the same issues. I’ve tried disabling my security and anti-virus software, closing and opening ports and restarting my computer completely.

Posted by: Dark Mane.5847

Dark Mane.5847

I used to play gw2 for more than 2 years without a problem , but 5 days ago this error started to appear , i couldn’t fix it till now and i can’t play .

I dunno what is causing the problem , since it’s related to " connectivity " , I reset the modem , add ports changed w10 to w7 , nothing seem to fix .

I’ve tried to use my phone to connect , then boom i played without a single problem , at this point i thought my adsl is the problem , however after 3 days the error show up while using my phone connection , i was really sad , both connections are dead now.

there is one thing i didn’t try , delete guild wars folder all together then download it on a fresh system , repairing old files didn’t work , i may try this before giving up .

Posted by: Rorschach.7406

Rorschach.7406

Same here after logging in im disconected in a few seconds.Submited a ticket had a reply, followed their advice, searched forums and tried other solutions even downloaded a 64bit client but nothing works. Funny thing is that my brother i live with and we have the same internet connection can play the game with no difficulties. Think its time to ask for refund…

Posted by: pmargeti.7680

pmargeti.7680

Lost connection during battle for Tarir twice today, without being able to rejoin the map until it was over. No rewards, no achievement progress and time wasted. I’m extremely displeased. Error 7:11:3:191:101. Win 7 sp1 64 bit, 64 bit game client, 10mbit up/40mbit dl VDSL with average ping 45 as displayed in game options menu.

Posted by: Benscarab.4357

Benscarab.4357

Another one here with 7:11:3:191:101. Log in and play for about 3 minutes and then it goes back to the character screen. Oddly, the game also doesn’t save my progress in those 3 minutes. Will try turning it off and on again

EDIT: Simply rebooting my PC did the trick. Didn’t touch the router etc.

(edited by Benscarab.4357)

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Getting kicked constantly here. 3 minutes, kicked, no progress saved, rinse repeat.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

(edited by keenedge.9675)

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Another one here with 7:11:3:191:101. Log in and play for about 3 minutes and then it goes back to the character screen.

same issue here.

rooter restart, rebooting pc, turning of firewalls, disconnected every internet gadget… nothing helps. has been like this since three days. cant play at all because of it.

Posted by: Jethin.6340

Jethin.6340

So… I ran through all the usual steps to no avail. So I decided to go see if any programs are using the ports that gw2 requires. Turns out, the Skype Client uses the 80 port. So I closed Skype, and whaddya know, I can play again! I’ve tested this correlation numerous times by reoppening skype, and everytime I do so the game loses connection as I attempt to load a zone.

P.S. I’d actually like to know who’s fault this is, because I’d like to have Skype open alongside Gw2.

P.S.S. Apparently it’s Skype’s fault, they takeover control of 80 to get past corporate firewalls or something. There is an option in Skype’s settings to turn it off, so I solved my own problem! Hope this helps anyone else.

P.S.S.S Well…My problem with 7:11 was fixed until the most recent patch. As with many others I am experiencing the same connection issues.

(edited by Jethin.6340)