Crashes (Expansion related?)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Krealot.8345

Krealot.8345

Allright so, I finaly got the expansion today, all excited to start building my Elementalist healer even further. I Finished my first story missions in Magumma (typo?) and got to Verdant Brink. here is where it gets a bit strange, as i started locking up the different Vistas etc. my game started to crash or rather freeze. I feel it need pointing out that up until now i have never crashed, frozen or otherwise experienced something like that in this game. I lowered everything in graphics thinking maybe some such whould help but alas. I dont get any error reports or pop-ups of any kind. Every time it happens I have to force a shutdown through the Task manager.
Be kind, do help /o\

Posted by: Gamerjae.2389

Gamerjae.2389

Having the same problems. Game crashes after a few minutes in the HoT maps but not when I’m in the vanilla maps killing world bosses :/

Krealot.8345

I just went on to one of my lower leveled chacraters to see if it crashed there as well, but it wont. HoT maps are the only thing effecting it, or maybe something surrounding it.

Posted by: digggaa.6895

digggaa.6895

I have the EXACT same issue. I tried everything. Changing Clients, running repair, a complete clean reinstall, updating drivers… All the things you really want to do on a day off, it’s beautiful.
Hope there will be a fix soon, there isn’t even a crashreport that i could submit because when the game freezes, it’s only possible to terminate the process via task manager, leaving no reports behind.

Windows 10
Intel i5 6600k
Nvidia gtx970
16gb RAM

EDIT: I can confirm, that playing vanilla maps, WvW and sPvP are not crashing the game. ONLY HoT Maps

(edited by digggaa.6895)

Posted by: Acidcrawl.5394

Acidcrawl.5394

I have the exact same problem, after attempting several fixes, which included repairing the game, lowering graphics settings and rebooting, nothing fixed the issue. The freezes seemed to correspond with getting large amounts of XP, or hitting spawn points. Then finally I fully leveled up my glider skill and bam a freeze. I got back into the game and tried to level the glider skill and it said I needed 4,294,967,295 mastery points to unlock the skill, which just happens to be the maximum value of a 32 bit unsigned integer. After I got the behavior I haven’t experienced a crash, although I can’t get my glider skill either. I think this is very clearly a bug.

(edited by Acidcrawl.5394)

Posted by: Torpis.8097

Torpis.8097

I am also crashing every time I complete an objective in the expansion zone, I seem to have the same issue with the Glider Skill as well in that it says I can’t learn it even though I have enough points.

Posted by: Riizerk.3504

Riizerk.3504

It was happened to me too. It froze when I completed the event or explored the new point of interest but the other maps I can play as well.

Posted by: mcdlabs.6274

mcdlabs.6274

Yep same thing, completely unplayable, feel like someone took my money and shoved a hugekittenstick up my back side.

This is what I have noted about them so far, The freezes ALWAYS occur a split second after completion of an event. The medal ap[pears on the side and then lock up…

I CTRL-ALT_DEL out to Task Manager and try to stop the app, Can’t…

I also notice that my memory usage of the GW2 client keeps going up (memory leak????)

The ONLY way out is to to a hard restart of my PC.

Note this only happens in the Heart of Thorns region.

Makes the game absolutely unplayable at that level

Posted by: salt.6759

salt.6759

Me as well. Just unlocked the heart of thorns content last night and it started when I tried to start exploring verdant brink. Keeps freezing when I get a chunk of experience from exploring or events.

Posted by: billk.3980

billk.3980

Same here.Game locks up computer when i hit points of interest,get game rewards etc. Can’t play in maguuma.

Posted by: EternalArchon.9074

EternalArchon.9074

Hi, I just upgraded to HoT from F2P today and I’ve been having the exact same problem. Freezes every time I complete an event and receive XP. Dozens of crashes, never had issues before this. Played a reverent in earlier maps and no issues there, only in the new jungle.

I tried the 64bit client but same issues.

Posted by: SirBigmark.7981

SirBigmark.7981

Same problem here, never had issue before, the game freeze when i discover something new in Verdant Brink, as the animation start the game stop….

Krealot.8345

Ok, I logged on this morning and was thinking about being a massive idiot and crash some more. Know what I found out? By what I have seen and felt the last half an hour it acctualy works again. Thank you scipters and coders of arenanet, lots of love \o/

Posted by: digggaa.6895

digggaa.6895

I had to redownload about 3gb of data with a patch, issue seems to be fixed for me too.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Look in your crashlog .. if you see something like “OOM” there, try the 64-bit client.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/64-bit-Client-Beta-FAQ

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Krealot.8345

Ok, I logged on this morning and was thinking about being a massive idiot and crash some more. Know what I found out? By what I have seen and felt the last half an hour it acctualy works again. Thank you scipters and coders of arenanet, lots of love \o/

Rephrase on this. It still wont work for me. Silverwastes work perfect, been getting 2 ranks since i got in. But thats all there is. Cant go into the next area out of frear of crashes and such.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Rephrase on this. It still wont work for me. Silverwastes work perfect, been getting 2 ranks since i got in. But thats all there is. Cant go into the next area out of frear of crashes and such.

When the game crashes, can you post the game log here so we can see what the issue could be.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Sol Fox.9683

Sol Fox.9683

When the game crashes, can you post the game log here so we can see what the issue could be.

There is literally no crash log to be had because the game freezes and has to be terminated by a full system reboot… It is giving me the same problem.

Posted by: StarkCifer.3856

StarkCifer.3856

I recently went into Verdant Brink and kept crashing every 5 min, I had to restart my pc in order to close the program, I lowered my graphics and that seemed to prolong the crashing to maybe 10 minutes. After reaching the XP amount needed for the Basic Gliding mastery, I went to unlock it and it went into a continuous of asking me if I was sure that I wanted to spend a mastery point on this. After clicking accept it did nothing. I left the area to a vanilla map only to be told that I have to spend “0” masteries on basic gliding and that I had not completed any of it. I also found that I needed 4 million XP to rank up again, which I don’t believe to be the correct amount.

Posted by: DDmonster.1527

DDmonster.1527

I am getting random crashes while in Rata Sum AFTER the patch today. The crashes are “black screen”

Posted by: doloremmaximus.3295

doloremmaximus.3295

I have the EXACT same issue. I tried everything. Changing Clients, running repair, a complete clean reinstall, updating drivers… All the things you really want to do on a day off, it’s beautiful.
Hope there will be a fix soon, there isn’t even a crashreport that i could submit because when the game freezes, it’s only possible to terminate the process via task manager, leaving no reports behind.

Windows 10
Intel i5 6600k
Nvidia gtx970
16gb RAM

EDIT: I can confirm, that playing vanilla maps, WvW and sPvP are not crashing the game. ONLY HoT Maps

My system is essentially the same and I’ve had the same problems. (Is it the GTX970?) I did crash in the Shiverpeaks today, however, and I believe my crashing has been equally as bad in old maps as in new. Timing of my crashes is random and doesn’t seem to be purely linked to any experience gain that others have mentioned. Each time my computer completely locks up and I need to hold the power button to reboot so there is no chance to send any report.

I’ve also had problems with frame rate dropping to 10 fps or so and even using the lowest graphics settings doesn’t really help choppy fps and laggy response to any movements. The low frame rate issue goes away after a few reboots and client restarts, and then returns without warning.

I’ve tried reinstalling Windows, uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers, uninstalling / reinstalling both 32-bit and 64-bit clients. Just when I think it might be gone…

Krealot.8345

Everything has been resolved for me. \o/

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Been having exactly the same issues since updating to the expansion earlier today.

Posted by: papiria.5108

papiria.5108

same happens to me too…. why start to wander why i did bought this .