Current State of Support: August 28, 2017

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A Message from the Customer Support Team:

We wanted to provide some transparency into the current state of our support queues. With the recent announcement of Path of Fire, our ticket volumes have spiked. We planned for this, but the spike was greater than forecasted. We are working as quickly as possible to make sure that we respond to everyone’s ticket. For those who may be unaware, we resolve tickets in the order in which they are received. However, there is one major exception: We always make sure to have a few of our staff doing nothing but the new tickets that come into our queues. This ensures that we do not miss any new issues that need to be prioritized.

As of this today, we have about 6,000 tickets in our backlog. The good news is that each day we are resolving more tickets than the number that are coming in to our queues, which means it is just a matter of time until we are caught up completely. However, this may take a couple weeks so please hang in there. Your tickets have not been lost, and we have not forgotten about you. Our support staff is working 24/7 to make sure everyone receives a response.

You can find a few suggestions that will help us process your ticket here.

We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through this situation and get everyone the assistance they need.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

\o/ yay let us hope they keep up the good work here. and 15 letters for that dumb forums bug lol

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What’s nice about this is unlike 2 other MMO companies I have sent tickets to recently, you guys actually alert us when you have a backlog, why you have a backlog and how you are resolving the backlog.

And to top it off, you actually help and resolve issues.

How this isn’t standard practice across the board I will never know, but at least you guys have it right!!

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

Huge respect for actually being willing to come out and publicly admit that there’s a problem, but also for telling us that you’re actively working to resolve it.

I much prefer this to the approach other companies would take, of denying there’s an issue to try and protect their reputation.

Posted by: OlsenSan.2987

OlsenSan.2987

Yes. I was just a bit upset now, because I am a new player, joined last week and 2 days after I bought an extension,led by advertising and in game features, and at the end, it wasn’t the one I wanted to buy. I was already thinking that I was being ignored or support work in this game was too slow, but seeing this thread now makes me understand and be patient to wait for my response

Thanks for letting us know <3.

(edited by OlsenSan.2987)

Posted by: Monkey.4307

Monkey.4307

Thank you guys for the hard work in trying to keep us happy.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Thanks Gaile for this thread now maybe people can stop creating 10 new threads a day that support sucks and they are being ignored.

+ we can point them to this thread if they do pop up anyway

Posted by: titje.2745

titje.2745

ah good to read this, becouse i asked for a refund for items that got on sale and someone of the guildy that mailed later then me already got her gems back and i am still waiting. i also updated the mail but nothing i feel like i am getting ignored but now i read this i think i still get an answer back.

few months ago i got an infracttion and i answered the pm but it said this gm dont want replys back and my post was going to the devs but still no answer. it feels bad if i explain my situation and i dont get answer back.

i have read this topic now so i will just wait longer but more then a month ago… i hope for the best.

keep up the good work. all i want is good help and not fast and bad help

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Thank you, Gaile, for keeping us up-to-date on the status quo.

And a huge thank you to the great support team — by far the best in online gaming!

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I wonder what a majority of them are about..

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Basho.5936

Basho.5936

I put in a ticket 8 days ago about my main character going missing during the beta weekend event (I’m assuming needs a character undelete/restoration).

I’m not sure what criteria ArenaNet uses when evaluating new tickets for prioritization, but I honestly would have guessed this would be a prime example.

Either way, I’m glad to see some transparency about the whole process. Thank you for updating the community!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Don’t worry. My only current problem is this .

The crafting panels are bugged and won’t ‘see’ items soulbound to other characters anymore. They once did, but now I’d have to level Scribe to 400 in 3 characters and artificier, armorsmith, and weaponsmith to 450 in 3 to use them, which would be insane. So all I can do is wait.

I have 15 items I want to use to craft stuff, and they have been waiting in the bank for over a year. They can still wait until the bug is solved, as long as it is eventually solved.

If there’s something I have it is patience.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Give me power and I’ll help you with the tickets XD
My ticket is a 7 days old without a response, but I can help if you let me. You don’t even have to pay me.

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Last friday I submitted a ticket because I couldn´t remember the password from my 2. account and not what the char name was again (tried 30 different variations, almost cried when I saw the correct one) so couldn´t change the password, too. Few hours later I had a response and was able to get the yummy free stuff from the gemshop. So apparently that has higher priority

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Posted by: GELetoII.6502

GELetoII.6502

The Ranked PvP queue was acting up earlier tonight. I finally got into a queue, the match popped, everyone hit Accept, and then nothing happened. I am unable to leave the match/queue. Relogging, restarting the game and loading other characters all did nothing. I’m permanently stuck in a match that won’t start on all my characters.

We’re in the middle of a Ranked PvP season and I’d really rather not have to wait days or weeks to be able to play PvP again, nor do I want to have to hear that horn sound after every single loading screen and cut-scene. I imagine the other nine people in my match are in the same boat as well.

Posted by: Corrada.7304

Corrada.7304

5 year old character disappearing from account? really? how is even possible? oO no logs in this game or what? ;s

Linken.6345

5 year old character disappearing from account? really? how is even possible? oO no logs in this game or what? ;s

Oh have you aswell saved login and a friend or family member played a prank on you?

I thought people would have learned from the past.

Posted by: Theloverboiiii.6574

Theloverboiiii.6574

I don’t use the forum much but the tickets they are talking about, are they just questions on the forum ? reports from the /bug in game ? or messages directly to the support system?

Posted by: Neve.3145

Neve.3145

In the past you have always responded to any tickets my friends or i sent in in super fast, i´m glad you are letting people know that is may and why it may take longer atm. You guys are doing a great job, keep it up!

Linken.6345

I don’t use the forum much but the tickets they are talking about, are they just questions on the forum ? reports from the /bug in game ? or messages directly to the support system?

Its not on the forum or the ingame bug report.

Its the tickets you do when you click top right or check bottom right Services then
Support.
That loads a new page https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us and in the top right corner you got big red button submit a ticket.

Posted by: demonkwak.7246

demonkwak.7246

hey Gaile,
Can you give us an update on the ammount of tickets please? You said it was 6000 tickets two days ago. And I am curious what the ammount of tickets is right now?

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

cant log in….

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: SOLREAPER.4867

SOLREAPER.4867

Just for the record.
I am waiting for the refund of gems for my extra bank tab purchased. ticket#6568594.
Ty!

Posted by: gentlemanofwolves.6175

gentlemanofwolves.6175

So it’s been 5 full days since I submitted a support ticket, 5 days I’ve been unable to play a game that I shelled out $105 for; so should I just request a refund through Paypal or are we going to start seeing a response to these aforementioned tickets?

Ashantara.8731

Two weeks and still no response. It’s starting to get a tiny bit irritating…

Posted by: Jhoogenberg.8104

Jhoogenberg.8104

Can’t Guildwars Team put more people on support ? instead of doing other stuff like making new skins for black lion tickets.. we want our tickets asnwered … so do i.

i

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I doubt that artists are trained in the fine art of Customer Support, so no, they can’t move artists working on Black Lion skins over to the CS Team.

Posted by: Aanek.2730

Aanek.2730

yeah I’ve had a ticket in for 2 weeks and now that I’ve gotten a response FINALLY, the GM has decided to “request more info” from me and ignore my ticket for EVEN LONGER. I sent the information that he/she requested over a day ago and now i’m back to waiting AGAIN? I don’t understand this one bit. Perhaps if you open a ticket and pretend you’re going to try and resolve it, you should, rather than just ignoring it..

Ashantara.8731

Apparently, the support has the time to close tickets but not to answer them.

I am beginning to wonder what is going on…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello,

I checked in with our Customer Support Team today, and they said they are making steady progress in reducing the queue and in improving turn-around time on tickets. Things are still very busy for them, but there’s a light at the end of the tunnel!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Apparently, the support has the time to close tickets but not to answer them.

I am beginning to wonder what is going on…

Yes, when you submit a duplicate ticket — as you did — they will close it. And that is one thing that ultimately creates a delay in the system: for you, and for others waiting for help.

As we have said many times: If you wish to or need to update your ticket, or if you are seeking an update, please respond to your existing ticket and do not create a new one.

yeah I’ve had a ticket in for 2 weeks and now that I’ve gotten a response FINALLY, the GM has decided to “request more info” from me and ignore my ticket for EVEN LONGER. I sent the information that he/she requested over a day ago and now i’m back to waiting AGAIN? I don’t understand this one bit. Perhaps if you open a ticket and pretend you’re going to try and resolve it, you should, rather than just ignoring it..

You asked for an adjustment that required you to respond after you had performed certain functions. According to the record, you did those things and have been helped with, in my opinion, a generous outcome in your favor.

In addition, your delay may also have been caused because you submitted a duplicate ticket. But ultimately, it appears you were helped. If you believe differently, please update your existing ticket to discuss with CS.

So it’s been 5 full days since I submitted a support ticket, 5 days I’ve been unable to play a game that I shelled out $105 for; so should I just request a refund through Paypal or are we going to start seeing a response to these aforementioned tickets?

I see that your account was compromised and that Customer Support was able to help you both retrieve the account and secure it. Welcome back to the game.

FOLKS — I’m not going to go through this thread and review every post and check every ticket — I simply do not have the time or the tools to do that. However, as you can see, progress is being made, and we will help everyone to the best of our ability as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Pink Poison.2965

Pink Poison.2965

I sent a ticket on Saturday the 2nd Sep. Now I know that there is a long queue I’m not so worried about it now as I know you will get it to it at some point and hopefully be able to sort the problem

Posted by: Texon.4590

Texon.4590

we opened many topics on forums about crashing into the game from gtx 970 to gtx 1070 a hard crash with color pixles screen plus pc restart , i tried everything arenanet suggest it and still have the problem with other people , i even contact nvidia and they give me suggestions , drivers suggestions and still same problem sometime you just login into world 5seconds your pc compelety crash sometime few hours , sometimes different locations , is just anyoying :/ most of crashs happen in the old maps mostly jungles or sea citys im not sure if arenanet is notice us or nah and if there going be fix for that or nah , around hundreds of topics with same problem , we can’t even play the game for 2 hours :/

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

we opened many topics on forums about crashing into the game from gtx 970 to gtx 1070 a hard crash with color pixles screen plus pc restart , i tried everything arenanet suggest it and still have the problem with other people , i even contact nvidia and they give me suggestions , drivers suggestions and still same problem sometime you just login into world 5seconds your pc compelety crash sometime few hours , sometimes different locations , is just anyoying :/ most of crashs happen in the old maps mostly jungles or sea citys im not sure if arenanet is notice us or nah and if there going be fix for that or nah , around hundreds of topics with same problem , we can’t even play the game for 2 hours :/

I would encourage you to continue the dialogue with support, and continue doing outreach to your video card provider, if that’s what our technical support agents suggest. I hope things improve for you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: onionking.6042

onionking.6042

Amazing work you guys are keeping up with. I’m panicking right now about possible account theft on my end with my current ticket being up but I gotta hold on. How’s the backlog going?

Posted by: Isashani.1975

Isashani.1975

Submitted a ticket 6 days ago, still no answer I know you have a lot of work but it’s a bit disheartening

Posted by: KuhOhneEuter.2301

KuhOhneEuter.2301

Hello,
i submitted a Ticket (#6566466) 8 days ago and got still no answer.
i forgot my guild wars 1 password and need a new one…

can you help?

Posted by: Aviram.7932

Aviram.7932

(#6574898)
Thats my ticket, am waiting for about 5 days now but i understand how pressed thigns are for you guys.
My problem is not so big so i can wait.
Keep up the good work.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello,

can you help?

What we see in the history is that you’re creating a ticket and then closing it as no longer needing help, then opening a new one. This happened four times in seven days, and it will not expedite service but in fact will slow it.

Please allow a ticket to remain open until it has been resolved.

(#6574898)
Thats my ticket, am waiting for about 5 days now but i understand how pressed thigns are for you guys.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your patience. We appreciate it and will help as quickly as possible!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Reminder to everyone, so that we can assist you as quickly as possible:

• Please create one ticket and leave it open until your issue has been resolved.
  • Do not close a ticket and then open a new one on the same subject.
  • Do not open a new ticket to ask for an update about a ticket you submitted earlier.
  • If you need to update a ticket after it has been closed, please use the “create an update” feature on the website, where you are reopening your existing ticket. Otherwise, simply respond to the e-mail associated with the previous ticket and that will automatically re-open the existing ticket.
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: KuhOhneEuter.2301

KuhOhneEuter.2301

Hello,

can you help?

What we see in the history is that you’re creating a ticket and then closing it as no longer needing help, then opening a new one. This happened four times in seven days, and it will not expedite service but in fact will slow it.

(#6574898)
Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your patience. We appreciate it and will help as quickly as possible!

i closed the privious 3 tickets because i chose the wrong categories… finally i saw the category “guild wars original”…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello,

can you help?

(#6574898)
Keep up the good work.

i closed the privious 3 tickets because i chose the wrong categories… finally i saw the category “guild wars original”…

Thanks for the explanation. You will be helped as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Ashantara.8731

Yes, when you submit a duplicate ticket — as you did — they will close it.

Yes, I did that because the original issue of the first ticket was no longer the reason I required support, so I asked to have that ticket closed and opened a new one.

Anyway, it is what it is. There is nothing the customers can do about it.

Posted by: Hwt.9062

Hwt.9062

I contact you since my son has not gotten any response from Tech support. he reported his account to be hijacked on 9/2/2017. Ticket 6577319 and 6581001. He has changed his password but there is a block that has been placed on his account. He is unable to post here on the forums. He also worried about seeing emails about someone spending over $250 in Gems on his account. Please get in contact with him and responded to his ticket.
Howard

Previous

Gaile Gray

I contact you since my son has not gotten any response from Tech support. he reported his account to be hijacked on 9/2/2017. Ticket 6577319 and 6581001. He has changed his password but there is a block that has been placed on his account. He is unable to post here on the forums. He also worried about seeing emails about someone spending over $250 in Gems on his account. Please get in contact with him and responded to his ticket.
Howard

As the first post in this thread explains, there is a delay in responding to tickets. We’re sorry for this situation and I am sure Support will respond to your son as quickly as possible.

He seems to have created two tickets. Duplicate tickets will slow down the process of getting help. Please tell him not to create any more tickets.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Aizenfaust.2708

Aizenfaust.2708

8 days without a respond..seems legit..

Hwt.9062

I am worried about the security of your servers. A faster response to say you are working on would be much appreciated. He has received emails saying he has spent over $250. One of two things happened either my son has lost out on $250 or someone did credit card fraud on his account. He has not heard a single word from ArenaNet. My son has spent a lot of time and effort and he is being punished for others actions, right before the big Path of Fire Expansion and he is missing out chance to prepare new content

Sincerely

Howard

Posted by: Aviram.7932

Aviram.7932

Goodevening, been a week now whithout any reply from support it start to be a bit unpleasant.
Can we please have some more information like how much someone needs to wait untill a response or any kind of update.
Am sure you try your best and hope everything ll return to normal soon.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As an example, I waited 11 days for a very simple issue, but once the dialogue started, it was only a short time between email exchanges.

I’m sure the CS Team will get to each and every one’s ticket.

Good luck.

Hwt.9062

I wanted to give everyone an update. Support got with my son and he has access to his account. Thank you

Howard