Disconnecting often Code 58:11:5:512:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DarkQasim.2541

DarkQasim.2541

I’ve been disconnecting pretty often ever since the patch earlier today and I keep getting this error code 58:11:5:512:101 Is anyone else experiencing this, and is there a fix?

edit: Yeah, so I havent crashed since I made this post. Not sure what caused it to suddenly fix, but I figured I would post that it wasn’t happening anymore here.

(edited by DarkQasim.2541)

Posted by: DrPuddinPops.7910

DrPuddinPops.7910

ive been having this same problem, any help is appreciated mods =D

Posted by: Psilo.3764

Psilo.3764

Same problem happening here.

Warrior
Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: BlazeHills.9418

BlazeHills.9418

I came back from a short vacation and I’ve been getting this same disconnects from the server with a code “…(Code=58:11:5:512:101).” Not sure what’s going on.

Posted by: Meredur.3280

Meredur.3280

This has happened to me as well a couple of times after the patch that added the Karka Queen Event and the other stuff to the game (after may 31st, I think). The error is (Code=58:11:5:512:101). Happens seemingly randomly although I think I’ve had it happen at least a couple of times after moving to a different zone. I get the error code and then the game crashes to a black screen

Posted by: Betalox.5419

Betalox.5419

I’m having the same problem, I get disconnected from server realy often though…
i cant finish one spvp w/o getting dced…

Attachments:

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Add me to the list with disconnects, had 2 yesterday, 4 today so far…

Posted by: Oxymus.5241

Oxymus.5241

Same exact problem here and almost every times I changed zone.

Posted by: wedge.7594

wedge.7594

I’ve been getting that same code too the past couple days. Sent a support request, hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

Posted by: Ridsene.4965

Ridsene.4965

I’ve been having the exact same problem as everyone else here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: This also went away for me for a while, but it the problem comes back seemingly at random.

Attachments:

(edited by Ridsene.4965)

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I get this every single day at the same time like clockwork since release day, now if I’m playing WvWvW all day I get this at least 3 or 4 times a day, I wish this will be fixed one day very soon. Yes I even submitted support ticket while back.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: geotraveler.5046

geotraveler.5046

I too am having issues with the game going black, audio in background, and getting this message with no alternative but to force close the game and start over. It’s getting to be a 5 to 6 times a day occurance. !@#$!#$!

Posted by: Airoza.5870

Airoza.5870

I get the same code error and I’m noticing that nobody has stated they’ve received any help at all from tech support, so that’s disturbing. I sent in a support ticket, and I will let you know if I get a response. Meanwhile, if any of you has received a response to this problem, please post it for us. Thank you.

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

got this as well 3 times in last 2 hours playing WVW

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

Posted by: wedge.7594

wedge.7594

still no support response, though it did go away for a while on its own. now it’s come back, seems to be after that last update. maybe it’ll disappear again given enough time

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I get this error code from the char select screen when I hit “play” quite often. Sometimes the game loads up fine, sometimes I get this message. Any help greatly appreciated. I sent in a ticket about a week ago but no response.

gurugeorge.9857

Bumping for great justice – it’s happened again. It seems to happen after every update, then a while later it seems to be ok. I WANNA PLAY MY ASURA!!!!

And still no response to the ticket I sent in.

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

I am having the same issue every 10 seconds to a minute with the same code. The game is now unplayable for me.

Kron [TEST]

gurugeorge.9857

hello, someone from Anet, anyone?

Posted by: Dragonfire.6382

Dragonfire.6382

I’m having this issue too. Since this has been ongoing for about a year, on and off, I question whether or not it is Guild Wars 2 or Windows 7. I don’t have this problem running any other program.

One thing that comes to mind is this… Remember EverQuest and EverQuest 2. They would poll your computer periodically to see what programs you were running in the back ground. Anti-Virus and Fire Walls view this as an attack and shut down/reset the internet connection as a precaution. This is what caused “Zone Death” in EQ and EQ2.

So here is my question. Is Arena Net, in its war against Bots, scanning our computers and networks to see what we have running.

This would explain the disconnects, and why they aren’t going away.

gurugeorge.9857

/bumping Still no sign of a response to ticket, still no sign of anything official regarding this. And I still can’t play the game unless I switch to my mobile connection.

Posted by: Anthrax.1026

Anthrax.1026

I’m also having this problem
Every time I try to go back to character select screen I get it…

I also get frequent black screens, which I have to force shut the process and restart.
I repaired directx and re-downloaded the entire client with no luck.

Posted by: Tagrim.5187

Tagrim.5187

I just started getting this same error. I have found the it always is happening as soon as the time rolls over to a new hour. Example is 8:00, 9:00. I have seen this now 5 times in the past 24 hours at the top of the hour.

gurugeorge.9857

Hmm, just to report that the Bazaar update seems to have cured this, for me. Whether deliberate or accidental or whatever, it’s great that I can play with my normal connection now.

Posted by: WildFire.8756

WildFire.8756

Hmm, just to report that the Bazaar update seems to have cured this, for me. Whether deliberate or accidental or whatever, it’s great that I can play with my normal connection now.

Seems to have gotten worse since the Bazaar update for me.

Posted by: NqGeo.7648

NqGeo.7648

Same, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it…

Posted by: NqGeo.7648

NqGeo.7648

Less than a minute of play last attempt.

Posted by: pjfresh.6927

pjfresh.6927

I really think Dragonfire.6382 might be onto something here. Perhaps this is a defense of sorts against botting or a hacking/duping strategy involving disconnects. I’ll see my wireless connection in Windows 7 momentarily go “yellow” and then it is back again, no problems. However, the connection to GW2 is pretty much fubar as you all know (black screen, music still plays) and no reconnect option outside of Alt+f4 & restart. Personally, I notice the disconnects at certain times (hourly) or during AFK but this could be just anecdotal for me. A lot of people are quick to blame ANet (and, yes, it would certainly be nice to hear from them) but it could just as easily be one of those stealthy Windows updates as well, as Dragon mentioned.

Lastly, I should mention that not only does it happen in GW2 but I have been doing some daily ZM/ZBs back in the original Guild Wars and have been getting code 58’ed there as well. I have been disconnected more in the past week from GW1 than I have in the previous 6-7 years of playing the game (and, no, I am not exaggerating). The “attempt reconnect” has only been 50/50, too, even.

UPDATE (7/20/13):
Okay, so I managed to fix my own problem or at least work around the issue. For my own personal experience, I noticed I was getting disconnected hourly, like clockwork, but at different times everyday. This lead me to investigate my wireless connection and turns out my router’s DHCP lease assignment was… you guessed it, hourly. I just changed it to 24hrs. It is still strange because it never used to happen in GW/GW2, but I guess it was part of an update in the time I took away from the game. I know this won’t help everybody but hopefully it helps a few in my boat!

(edited by pjfresh.6927)

Posted by: deathdood.5043

deathdood.5043

i just downloaded the game and it has been freezing my laptop every time i try to play it and it finnaly gave me the error code 58:11:5:512:101

Posted by: socialdisorder.9684

socialdisorder.9684

Anet help please!
Ive disconnected over 10 times today, repaired 3 times, doesn’t help at all.
I deleted Local.dat from my docs and was able to play for half an hour, now it crashed again and when I login I just disconnect again after a minute.

More Badges ~ EngineerĀ²
~[coin]~
‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Oh yeah?! Well I disconnected 5 times in a row in spvp. Bammo!

But really crashing over and over is making me less interested in playing.. I can’t even complete a match in spvp without crashing

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: socialdisorder.9684

socialdisorder.9684

Oh yeah?! Well I disconnected 5 times in a row in spvp. Bammo!

But really crashing over and over is making me less interested in playing.. I can’t even complete a match in spvp without crashing

Same here, crash out of wvw, when i log back in I just crash again within 5 seconds, over and over.

Anet u guys are really doing such a good job!
Bring more new content please /sarcasm.

More Badges ~ EngineerĀ²
~[coin]~
‘Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’

(edited by socialdisorder.9684)

Posted by: BoJanglez.9583

BoJanglez.9583

Kind of just throwing in my 2 cents here. i just read through this whole thread and it seems to me as if everyone is experiencing this crash error (58:11:5:512:101) for a different reason. My crashing times match a multitude of people’s responses, although i have personal crashing episodes myself.

Dealing with this error is annoying and i hope that GW2 fixes this soon, seeing how many people are experiencing it. I have been under this crash error for about a week now, i have repaired my game at least 10 times since it has started. Just hoping to see a patch soon that fixes it all.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Hard reset your routers if you one and also power cycle your modems, I was also having this issue everyday for a while.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Razaac.7834

Razaac.7834

I am having this issue since today. It seems to happen at 5 mins past the hour for me.
Yesterday i changed virusscanner. I was using the free Windows Security Essentials and now i m using Symantec Endpoint Protection.
It indeed looks like something Dragonfire.6382 suggestes and that somehow each hour the game trys to do something wich the new virusscanner sees as a threat.
So far i havent found a way to fine tune this new scanner.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I really think Dragonfire.6382 might be onto something here. Perhaps this is a defense of sorts against botting or a hacking/duping strategy involving disconnects. I’ll see my wireless connection in Windows 7 momentarily go “yellow” and then it is back again, no problems. However, the connection to GW2 is pretty much fubar as you all know (black screen, music still plays) and no reconnect option outside of Alt+f4 & restart. Personally, I notice the disconnects at certain times (hourly) or during AFK but this could be just anecdotal for me. A lot of people are quick to blame ANet (and, yes, it would certainly be nice to hear from them) but it could just as easily be one of those stealthy Windows updates as well, as Dragon mentioned.

Lastly, I should mention that not only does it happen in GW2 but I have been doing some daily ZM/ZBs back in the original Guild Wars and have been getting code 58’ed there as well. I have been disconnected more in the past week from GW1 than I have in the previous 6-7 years of playing the game (and, no, I am not exaggerating). The “attempt reconnect” has only been 50/50, too, even.

UPDATE (7/20/13):
Okay, so I managed to fix my own problem or at least work around the issue. For my own personal experience, I noticed I was getting disconnected hourly, like clockwork, but at different times everyday. This lead me to investigate my wireless connection and turns out my router’s DHCP lease assignment was… you guessed it, hourly. I just changed it to 24hrs. It is still strange because it never used to happen in GW/GW2, but I guess it was part of an update in the time I took away from the game. I know this won’t help everybody but hopefully it helps a few in my boat!

my DHCP was also set to 3600 seconds somehow, not sure when that happened but ill report back if it works.

Edit: it works

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

Posted by: Wrathchild.1763

Wrathchild.1763

It is funny you should mention that about DHCP. I was getting disconnects on a regular basis and I’ve just checked mine and it was set to hourly. I have now changed it to weekly so will see what if this sorts the disconnects.

Posted by: Nine Iron.3546

Nine Iron.3546

I’ve been watching this thread for months with the same error but on a very random basis. I thought I finally read gold when the posts about DHCP, viruscanner, etc came up…..unfortunately not. I am connected directly to my cable router and use a static IP and have shut off all firewalls and virus protection while playing for the last week…still same issue. It is so very random…not on a specific time, area, day of the week, etc. A simple answer from someone that makes sense would be nice….is the problem Windows 7, or our ISP’s problem, or GW2 client problem. So nice to get into the heat of something then bam the message…by time you log back on people are running from the loot chest and you get to look at a no chest!

Posted by: OMGitsKa.9731

OMGitsKa.9731

Having this same issue with Windows 8.. Any solutions?

Posted by: Xolido.2847

Xolido.2847

My client keeps crashing with this code (Code=58:11:5:512:101)

It happens very often – i have gotten this crash 4 times today !!

It is very annoying cuz i lose my spot in WvW and enter the que every time..

My computer is up 2 date and fine & dandy..

Piken Square = Best server !

Posted by: Zengrath.9570

Zengrath.9570

All day today every 20-30 minutes i get this exact error. makes wvw very unfun when you get disconnected before getting to the end of a siege. then spend a long while having to run back because when you get d/c you get booted from wvw!! which really makes wvw unfun and unplayable.

“the game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer assistance at …etc”
(Code=58:11:5:512:101)

win 7 64 bit

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

same problem cant go dungeons, fractals…
yesterday 3 dissconects in first fractal (within 20min)

Posted by: matemaster.2168

matemaster.2168

bump as this problem still persists and no response from anet

Posted by: Grimmysaur.7429

Grimmysaur.7429

Getting this error like nobodies business today, can;t play for more than 10 minutes. Reset all my wireless adapters and routers, on the off chance the issue is at my end, but it’s not.

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

matemaster and Grimmy,

Please go here and provide a pingpath: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lag-Issues-Consolidated/first#post2888341

There have been some peering issues with Anet and Verizon over the past weeks. I’m assuming since you are posting now, you maybe playing on EU servers? Tinet’s connection to NCSoft’s network(publisher and network EU servers are on) has been flaky as of late.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

Same-cannot stay connected for longer than 3 seconds. I am also getting the error code
7:3:11:191:101.

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

Don’t hold your breath guys :/

Unfortunately this has been happening to quite a few people over the last few months, and the closest thing to a response was that it was a “routing issue”, effectively meaning it’s not their problem.

What’s strange is that it only seems to be a minority of the playerbase. I’d imagine a routing issue to effect a larger amount of people. I mean I have friends in the same city, using the same ISP and they aren’t effected.

Using a proxy service does help a little, although you will still get some terrible lag from time to time, but I can’t find a free one, which unfortunately means you have to pay every month to play the game.

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

What helped for me was to repair the GW2 files. Google GW2 repair and gives you a proper instruction how to do it.

Posted by: Radikon.5379

Radikon.5379

Hi
I was somewhat skeptical but I unplugged my modem and router for 10 seconds, connected them and hit the reset button a few times.. Fixed the problem for me and I don’t disconnect anymore..

Hope this helps

Posted by: zorbas.1305

zorbas.1305

iam have same problem and i see that this is old posts i just having this problem since last patch, any fix for this? thx for the help.